The Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium

• 547 Replies
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
Quote from: "rr332211"
Gravity makes perfect sense, and all the numbers fit.

Uh, oh, you said the magic phrase.  

Gravity makes perfect sense?  Can you explain what gravity is?  I would like to know how this magical 'force' works.
Uh oh, someone needs a diaper.

Why is every one of your posts "define blah" or "can you explain what blah is"?  Look it fucking up.  And it's not magical.  It's just the way things are.  Gravity is that force that will crush you when I drop a brick on your head from space.

EDIT:  Picture coming soon.

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2006, 01:06:29 PM »
Here's the picture, as promised!!!!!!!

By the way, it also proves the earth is round, not flat.  Everybody makes mistakes!

EDIT: Had a typo in the picture.  FIXED!!!!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2006, 01:11:48 PM »
Gravity is that force that will crush you when I drop a brick on your head from space.

The brick will 'crush' me, not gravity.  If gravity is not magical, why can't you tell me how it works?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2006, 01:37:41 PM »
How many times have people explained gravity to engineer already?
This is like an obsession.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2006, 01:38:47 PM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

Lots of people have explained it to him. But as of yet not a single person has answerd his question.

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2006, 01:45:32 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

Lots of people have explained it to him. But as of yet not a single person has answerd his question.

Yes they did, he wanted to know how it works and it was explained to him.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2006, 01:46:34 PM »

Yes they did, he wanted to know how it works and it was explained to him.

No, they explained to him what its effects are, they didn't explain how it works.

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »
Gravity is that force that will crush you when I drop a brick on your head from space.

The brick will 'crush' me, not gravity.  If gravity is not magical, why can't you tell me how it works?
What do you mean by that?  Give a more specific question.

Even if you don't believe in gravity, I'll put the same spotlight on you.  How do things fall?  That's all it is.  It's what causes things to fall.

When the planets came close to the sun, but were a bit off, the Sun had enough mass that the planets "slipped", and the sun keeps the planets "falling"...but they're far away enough that they are stuck in orbit.

That's the best I can do.  But, a round Earth has MUCH MUCH MUCH more evidence than a flat Earth ever will.  It's not like people were always born thinking the Earth is round.  It got enough evidence that it seemed much more plausible than a flat Earth, which caused normal people to actually believe in it.

What I want to know is WHY you would even believe in a flat Earth instead of simply accepting the truth.  I bet it's just to "break away" from everyone else, to give yourselves a false sense of purpose.  Just STOP!  Why would you believe there's a GUARDED FUCKING ICE WALL that's BEEN GUARDED EVER SINCE HUMANS FIRST CAME ABOUT, and that CELESTIAL BODIES WILL ORBIT THINGS IN COMPLETELY MESSED UP PATTERNS?  It's explained PERFECTLY, and your idea is to explain it in a way that doesn't work even 25%, and argue that it's true.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2006, 01:55:43 PM »

Even if you don't believe in gravity, I'll put the same spotlight on you.  How do things fall?

Things don't fall, Earth accelerates up to them.

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2006, 02:18:48 PM »

Even if you don't believe in gravity, I'll put the same spotlight on you.  How do things fall?

So... why is the earth accelerating? And, with the earth moving upward at 1g, why aren't our legs crushed each time we jump in the air?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2006, 02:21:31 PM »
Quote from: "Stapler117"

So... why is the earth accelerating? And, with the earth moving upward at 1g, why aren't our legs crushed each time we jump in the air?

The mechanism the causes the acceleration is still unknown.  Why would your legs get crushed?

-- Bob Hudson

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2006, 02:22:44 PM »

So... why is the earth accelerating?

Well that's the question, isn't it? Why do you accelerate towards Earth in the RE model?

why aren't our legs crushed each time we jump in the air?

Why aren't your legs crushed when you jump on a RE?

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2006, 02:28:08 PM »

The mechanism the causes the acceleration is still unknown.  Why would your legs get crushed?

Of course the mechanism is unknown. Because it doesn't exist. And heres a better quesion. Why wouldn't your legs get crushed? Its moving at 1g towards your legs, what the hell do you think is going to happen? How about you go stand on a hydrolic platform that can accelerate upwards at 1g (in theory) and then jump. Yea, it will fucking suck. Assuming of course that you are even able to jump on such a fast moving device.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »

Of course the mechanism is unknown.

Well, what is the mechanism that causes gravity?  
Why wouldn't your legs get crushed? Its moving at 1g towards your legs, what the hell do you think is going to happen? How about you go stand on a hydrolic platform that can accelerate upwards at 1g (in theory) and then jump. Yea, it will fucking suck.

So when you jump upwards on the RE, you are accelerating towards the ground at 1g.  How many broken legs have you had?

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »
1 broken leg, but that was because I got drunk and jumped off a roof. Well anyway, to answer your question about gravity, there are giant fans in space that push us down at 1g. Just like the flat, accelerating earth has rocket engines under it to boost it upward at 1g. So I guess both of our theories are plausible. I rest my case. Hey, you wanna go with me to the magical ice wall sometime?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2006, 02:59:57 PM »
What do the giant fans push that holds us down?  There is no air in space...

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2006, 03:37:39 PM »

Of course the mechanism is unknown.

Well, what is the mechanism that causes gravity?

All mass attracts other mass.  Earth has a lot of mass, and we don't, so we get attracted to Earth more than Earth is attracted to us.

Why wouldn't your legs get crushed? Its moving at 1g towards your legs, what the hell do you think is going to happen? How about you go stand on a hydrolic platform that can accelerate upwards at 1g (in theory) and then jump. Yea, it will fucking suck.

So when you jump upwards on the RE, you are accelerating towards the ground at 1g.  How many broken legs have you had?
Think about it.  Your ideas are so geocentric...so you're saying Earth moves upwards at us, yet other SPHERICAL planets are completely different "somehow", but "gravity doesn't exist".  They don't move upwards, yet they all have different amounts of Gs?  You're retarded.  Why would our planet be so different?  And if we moved upwards, yet other things followed, they'd have to have the same amount of Gs, using your assumptions about the world.  But, that's wrong.

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2006, 03:52:20 PM »
People.  Are.  Sofa king Wee todd id.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2006, 05:39:41 PM »

All mass attracts other mass.  Earth has a lot of mass, and we don't, so we get attracted to Earth more than Earth is attracted to us.

As I said, saying "Mass attracts mass" is describing the properties of gravity. What Engineer's asking you is why mass attracts mass.

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2006, 06:19:57 PM »

As I said, saying "Mass attracts mass" is describing the properties of gravity. What Engineer's asking you is why mass attracts mass.
I can't.  But I can pretty much disprove the Earth moving up thing.  When you jump, the "gravity" in the flat Earth model would be so fast that if you jump once, then jump again in 3 seconds, you'll fall faster the second time.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2006, 06:22:50 PM »
I can't.  But I can pretty much disprove the Earth moving up thing.  When you jump, the "gravity" in the flat Earth model would be so fast that if you jump once, then jump again in 3 seconds, you'll fall faster the second time.

No, that wouldn't happen at all actually. Earth is not just moving upwards, it's accelerating upwards.

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2006, 06:27:05 PM »

No, that wouldn't happen at all actually. Earth is not just moving upwards, it's accelerating upwards.
Exactly my point.  Take the difference between 2^2 and 3^2, and 3^2 and 4^2, for example.  4 and 9, 9 and 16...5 and 7.  Different numbers.  You'd fall faster as time goes by.  But that doesn't happen.  Earth accelerating upwards hypothesis = WRONG.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2006, 06:35:55 PM »
Exactly my point.

When standing on the ground my velocity relative to Earth never changes, it's always om/s.

« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2006, 06:43:36 PM »
Exactly my point.

When standing on the ground my velocity relative to Earth never changes, it's always om/s.
I'm talking about jumping, smartass.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2006, 06:47:43 PM »

I know, it's just that what you're saying makes no sense. How can I possibly start jumping at different speeds if I am always moving the same speed at the start of each jump?

« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2006, 06:50:36 PM »

I know, it's just that what you're saying makes no sense. How can I possibly start jumping at different speeds if I am always moving the same speed at the start of each jump?
Basically, what I'm saying is "gravity" increases with time, if the velocity increases with time.  Therefore, you can't jump as high/you fall faster as time goes on.  Also, the force would probably crush you.  And the whole entire planet.  Oh wait, sorry, it's already "flat".  Well, it'd get flatter, mountains would disappear, and water would crush through the Earth.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2006, 06:53:50 PM »
Basically, what I'm saying is "gravity" increases with time, if the velocity increases with time.

And bascially what I'm saying is that Earth's velocity relative to objects on its surface doesn't increase over time.

« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2006, 06:58:35 PM »
Basically, what I'm saying is "gravity" increases with time, if the velocity increases with time.

And bascially what I'm saying is that Earth's velocity relative to objects on its surface doesn't increase over time.
Yeah, on the surface.  When you jump, you become susceptible to the full effects of the Earth's velocity.  And the effects drastically increase with time.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2006, 06:59:34 PM »
But when you jumped, you were moving at the same speed as the earth.  So no matter when you jump, your acceleration is always 1g.

-- Bob Hudson

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2006, 07:01:42 PM »
Yeah, on the surface.  When you jump, you become susceptible to the full effects of the Earth's velocity.  And the effects drastically increase with time.

Yeah, the longer I fall the faster I go. That's what happens when something accelerates towards Earth's surface.