• 547 Replies
The Conclusive Categorical Conspiracy Compendium
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2006, 07:03:56 PM »

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2006, 07:14:29 PM »
Rr332211, gravity has nothing to do with how fast Earth is moving, it all depends on Earth's acceleration. If you jump up into the air, the gap between you and the ground will close at an increasing rate of 9.8m/s^2. Every time you jump. No matter how many times you jump.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2006, 07:36:05 PM »
Quote from: "EnragedPenguin"
Rr332211, gravity has nothing to do with how fast Earth is moving, it all depends on Earth's acceleration. If you jump up into the air, the gap between you and the ground will close at an increasing rate of 9.8m/s^2. Every time you jump. No matter how many times you jump.
Wait, sorry, you're right.  I'm retarded, and was completely screwing something up.

Still doesn't explain gravity on other celestial bodies...such as the moon.  Because humans HAVE been on the moon.

« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2006, 09:04:25 PM »

Actually it does.

If the earth wasn't spinning, the pull of gravity on us would be a bit higher, mostly at the equator.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2006, 09:06:33 PM »

Such a shame that a human brain was wasted on an individual such as yourself.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2006, 09:08:03 PM »
Why?

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2006, 09:38:12 PM »
who what where why how when

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2006, 04:25:53 AM »
Quote from: "phaseshifter"

Actually it does.

If the earth wasn't spinning, the pull of gravity on us would be a bit higher, mostly at the equator.

Like he said, it depends on the acceleration.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2006, 10:59:36 AM »
Quote from: "rr332211"
Wait, sorry, you're right.  I'm retarded, and was completely screwing something up.

Still doesn't explain gravity on other celestial bodies...such as the moon.  Because humans HAVE been on the moon.

Yup, and humans have been to Tattooine, and Hoth; oh! And don't forget Middle Earth! That looked real, didn't it? Damned real.

~D-Draw

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2006, 11:09:33 AM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"
Quote from: "rr332211"

Yup, and humans have been to Tattooine, and Hoth; oh! And don't forget Middle Earth! That looked real, didn't it? Damned real.

~D-Draw

We *know* those places are not real penguinface. Stop being a dick and go have sex with your mom.
he Engineer and GeoGuy are douchebags. Period.

Also, they smell bad.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2006, 02:05:07 PM »
Quote from: "Joseph Bloom"
We *know* those places are not real penguinface. Stop being a dick and go have sex with your mom.

Yeah, well with your logic, seeing as apparently it's simply impossible to edit video and photos, those places MUST have been real. I mean, the movie pretended they were real, so theoretically, they would be.

By the way, the insults really weren't entirely necessary...douche...

<_<

~D-DRaw

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2006, 02:59:25 AM »

Yeah, well with your logic, seeing as apparently it's simply impossible to edit video and photos, those places MUST have been real. I mean, the movie pretended they were real, so theoretically, they would be.

~D-DRaw

Noone said that we cant edit videos. But what I am saying is we are not standing on Hoth right now, or Middle Earth.

FYI you can see where LOTR was filmed, its in New Zeland.
he Engineer and GeoGuy are douchebags. Period.

Also, they smell bad.

?

squealpiggy

« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2006, 05:15:23 AM »
There is a fundamental flaw in the whole of FE reasoning in that it is assumed that RE is an entirely contemporary phenomenon, and most compelling evidence comes from space exploration.  Mathematically speaking all observable data points towards the earth being round, and this has been an accepted fact in navigation for centuries.  I would agree that the time between Galileo's observations and calculations and today is but a blink of the eye when compared to the entire existence of humankind (and indeed of the Earth, even the reduced-age earth of Flat Earth theory) however the amount of exploration and the evolution of methods of travel has increased exponentially since astro-navigational techniques have been used, and the theories used in navigation have seldom been proven wrong.

One doesn't need photographs from space to prove the roundness of the earth, one only needs to travel and to have a basic knowledge of navigation.

The trouble with FE thoery is that some of the explanations are more absurd and unlikely than the phenomenon they purport to explain.  For example the "Ice Wall" guards theory is absolutely bizarre.  Regardless of their pay, one of these guards could make a large sum of money from selling the story and go and live in the carribean.  Even if their pay dwarfs the money they could make with a couple of photos of the ice wall, they at least wouldn't have to live in Antarctica.

?

Jutsu

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2006, 02:00:17 AM »
You people are ignorant, stupid, retards.

« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2006, 02:18:37 AM »
Quote from: "ItsFuckingRound"
You people are ignorant, stupid, retards.

Who, the FEers or REers? Because that could apply to many of the people here FE or RE.
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

?

trig

Please post the Ice Wall Guardians in the Mexican Frontier
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2006, 07:14:10 AM »
Just think about this:

If those 650 men can guard the whole Ice Wall for 40 million dollars per year, they might even accept a lower wage to guard just a single frontier in a milder climate: the Mexican-American border. They would even be able to see their families every now and then, and would relieve Uncle Sam from a multi BILLION dollar wall construction project and a lot more than 40 million dollars payed anually to the current guards.

Since they are so efficient and a measly international frontier is so much smaller than the Wall, maybe you could spare half of them to guard the frontiers of Colombia, my country, effectively eliminating the biggest cocaine export operation in the world. You could also reduce significantly the hundreds of millions of dollars that Uncle Sam gives us to try to stop the cocaine shipments.

Just one question: do they also grow and prepare their own food? Construct their own houses? Dispose of their own waste? Operate their own water processing plants? (sorry, those were four last questions).

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2006, 05:15:04 PM »
^Seeing as it's possible that the guards have no connection to the government at all...Plus, the whole border thing is a really, really stupid controversy anyways. Fucking Republicans...

Noone said that we cant edit videos. But what I am saying is we are not standing on Hoth right now, or Middle Earth.

So? Twilight Zone did a pretty good job at making it look like some astronauts were on some sort of crazy, alien planet, and that was in the late '50s to early '60s. All they did was find a stretch of desert that looked untreaded (on Earth) and said it was an alien planet.

By the way, IT'S A COOKBOOK! :o

~D-Draw

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2006, 05:39:08 AM »
^Seeing as it's possible that the guards have no connection to the government at all...Plus, the whole border thing is a really, really stupid controversy anyways. Fucking Republicans...

So? Twilight Zone did a pretty good job at making it look like some astronauts were on some sort of crazy, alien planet, and that was in the late '50s to early '60s. All they did was find a stretch of desert that looked untreaded (on Earth) and said it was an alien planet.

By the way, IT'S A COOKBOOK! :o

~D-Draw

I think Joseph was trying to say that the earth is real not fiction. We know this because we are standing on it right now.
FE Pwnage Archive

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2006, 05:44:47 AM »
GPS Manufacturers -- I'm going to say they only need one person for this job. There's not really much to do. Machines make most of the chips, and I doubt all of the bosses of the companies need to even bother. They just need to have one guy saying, "Yup, that's right." This guy could even be one of the NASA or RASA members, honestly, but I'm being nice. This rings up to a comprehensive total of eighteen people.

that's not being nice. that's just absurd. ONE PERSON TO KNOW THIS DEADLY GOVERNMENTAL SECRET. its just the most insane thing i have ever come across. ONE PERSON. ONE PERSON to control all the GPS companies and keep down this big lie, pretending satellites are orbiting the earth, with no questions asked.
i cannot articulate how moronic these calculations/this theory is...
I GIVE UP. YOU PEOPLE ARE A LOST CAUSE.

midgard

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2006, 05:52:23 AM »
Quote from: "BumholeX"
I GIVE UP.

Really?

« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2006, 05:53:52 AM »
yeah, im not postin anymore. you ppl are a lost cause.
endofstory.
goodbye

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2006, 06:03:56 PM »
Quote from: "dantheman40k"
I think Joseph was trying to say that the earth is real not fiction. We know this because we are standing on it right now.

Right, but that doesn't mean that we know what shape it is. I really don't see where this is strengthening your argument.

~D-Draw

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2006, 06:05:32 PM »
Quote from: "BumholeX"
that's not being nice. that's just absurd. ONE PERSON TO KNOW THIS DEADLY GOVERNMENTAL SECRET. its just the most insane thing i have ever come across. ONE PERSON. ONE PERSON to control all the GPS companies and keep down this big lie, pretending satellites are orbiting the earth, with no questions asked.
i cannot articulate how moronic these calculations/this theory is...
I GIVE UP. YOU PEOPLE ARE A LOST CAUSE.

Put it this way. Who actually goes into the production line and says, "Hmm...This GPS doesn't look right?" I doubt anyone does. It's all computerized. You just need someone to come and check how the computer's doing it.

~D-Draw

« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2006, 04:00:25 AM »

Right, but that doesn't mean that we know what shape it is. I really don't see where this is strengthening your argument.

~D-Draw

We know wat shape it is, a sphere.
FE Pwnage Archive

« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2006, 05:20:19 AM »

~D-Draw

That's an important point, have to say. Every few threads someone says things like
"We can't be sure. *blaaaaa* *pseudo-philosophical and pseudo-psychological gibberish.*"
or something like
"It's just a mind-game. *oversestimates everything* *admire some FE'ers* They are trying to make people think about *whatever*. *some more blind worship*".

But, and no read very carefully, that's not true. There's nothing to discuss or think about. The fact ist that the earth is a globe. And that can't be changed - whatever people say in a bosh forum.

And that is the reason why I don't take anything here serious - but hey, it's still a bit fun.
eel free to correct my language, thanks.

But if there aren't arguments there is ... THE CONSPIRACY! That's a practical little thing...

"In the grand scheme of things, those with the prettiest pictures will win." (Seriously)

« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2006, 12:01:26 PM »
Think about it though.  Would they really need to guard the ice wall?

How many people want to go to Antarctica?  also, I think (a while back) we were talking about the possibility of the Earth's magnetic field fumbling with the explorer's equipment, making it seem that you were walking south, when in fact you were not.

Okay, so even if someone makes it to the ice wall, it would be difficult at best to return.  So, when you get home, nobody believes you.

There's really nothing you can do about it either.  I don't think we'd need to guard the ice wall, just keep enough 'legitimate' science pushed down every kid's throat so that they forget that they ever wanted to go to the South Pole.
quot;Pleasure for man, is not a luxury, but a profound psychological need."
-Nathaniel Branden

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2006, 03:05:39 PM »

Okay, now you're just being a dick. That's not even helping your side of the debate at all.

Quote from: "Yeah, sure..."
That's an important point, have to say. Every few threads someone says things like
"We can't be sure. *blaaaaa* *pseudo-philosophical and pseudo-psychological gibberish.*"
or something like
"It's just a mind-game. *oversestimates everything* *admire some FE'ers* They are trying to make people think about *whatever*. *some more blind worship*".

But, and no read very carefully, that's not true. There's nothing to discuss or think about. The fact ist that the earth is a globe. And that can't be changed - whatever people say in a bosh forum.

And that is the reason why I don't take anything here serious - but hey, it's still a bit fun.

That's a really stupid argument. Like...really...really stupid. Don't mean to be offensive or anything, but you're trying to disprove a zetetic theory by claiming that no evidence matters since we already know what shape it is. Run out of counter-arguments much?

~D-Draw

« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2006, 04:15:09 PM »
No, the point is: If the earh is a globe it can't be flat. And the earth is a globe. If you want to doubt that, you need something that shows that it isn't. Explanations how it could be another shape are worth n o t h i n g.

But if there aren't arguments there is ... THE CONSPIRACY! That's a practical little thing...

"In the grand scheme of things, those with the prettiest pictures will win." (Seriously)

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2006, 04:18:57 PM »
What about explanations that show that it can't be spherical?

« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2006, 04:24:58 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
What about explanations that show that it can't be spherical?

Would be great as well, but that wouldn't show that it's flat. Just that it isn't a sphere. And there should be evidence, not just 'Perhaps it could maybe...'.