When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1290 on: August 29, 2019, 12:09:49 AM »
You ever been to a work meeting and the boss says "theres always one idiot on the team".
And you have no idea who hes ref to?

Haha

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #1291 on: August 29, 2019, 12:12:09 AM »
It's all about "Orientation". Face south lean back and look at the Moon and Stars and you can see the same face and the same rotation of the Stars as those in the North.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:14:43 AM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

« Reply #1292 on: August 29, 2019, 12:13:45 AM »
The same stars?
Really?
Now your refuting stars that sailors have used for 100s of years?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1293 on: August 29, 2019, 12:15:48 AM »
The same stars?
Really?

The same rotation of the Stars as those in the North.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1294 on: August 29, 2019, 12:33:45 AM »
It's all about "Orientation". Face south lean back and look at the Moon and Stars and you can see the same face and the same rotation of the Stars as those in the North.

Those two observers would see different parts of the moon in the drawing you made

In your next drawing you could add two more observers on opposite positions east and west and explain why the dont see the moon upside down from each other.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Plat Terra

« Reply #1295 on: August 29, 2019, 12:44:48 AM »

Those two observers would see different parts of the moon in the drawing you made

In your next drawing you could add two more observers on opposite positions east and west and explain why the dont see the moon upside down from each other.

The point is they won't see a reversed moon. No picture of the moon looks the same at different locations and they only see the face. The drawing  is not to scale.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:49:27 AM by Plat Terra »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1296 on: August 29, 2019, 01:11:10 AM »

The point is they won't see a reversed moon. No picture of the moon looks the same at different locations and they only see the face. The drawing  is not to scale.

It shouldn't be difficult to draw things to scale if the moon is only 5000 km high.

The moon does look inverted when looking from north vs south hemisphere

« Reply #1297 on: August 29, 2019, 02:03:13 AM »
The same stars?
Really?

aaaaah...what?
are you now refuting that, along with stars NOT changing between N-hemisphere vs S-hemisphere (which they do and is very easily verifiable), that rab will note a CCW rotation while i (in canada) sees a CW rotation of said stars that are the same (they aren't)?
(clockwise, counterclockwise)

these are all very easily verifiable things...
and you chose to refute their existnece?
really?
that's what you want to do?

not choosing nasa or iluminati or masons.
but that rab will see teh same stars that i see, and that they will spin around the southern cross and the north star in the smae direction.
that's what you're saying?

JackBlack

« Reply #1298 on: August 29, 2019, 03:40:32 AM »
Why would anyone
Repeatedly ignoring the answers that have been provided too you won't magically make them go away.
They didn't need a life changing evidence 500 years ago as they already knew Earth was round.
People figured that out thousands of years ago when people actually started thinking rather than just assuming.

The real question is where is the life changing evidence to indicate Earth is flat?
No one has ever been able to provide it.
No one has ever been able to show a problem with the RE which FE can solve.

All the evidence indicates Earth is round.
Even the very horizon you repeatedly focus on show Earth is round due the horizon being a clear line rather than fading to a blur.

1. There is evidence of the Sun fading away above the horizon. Why?
Because objects can still obscure it.
It has never been observed to fade to a point and vanish as required for a FE.
If the Earth was flat with the common FE model it would NEVER appear to set below the horizon. Instead it would either fade away high in the sky or always be visible.

2. There is evidence of a surface mirage blocking the view of the boat. Why?  (So, it's inconclusive)
Where? You are yet to provide any. You have repeatedly asserted it, but yet to demonstrate it.

3. There is evidence of both the Sun and Moon being above the horizon during a lunar eclipse; not in a 180° alignment. Proving it's not Earths shadow.
A lunar eclipse does not require perfect alignment.
Them both being above the horizon does note require them to both be out of perfect alignment.
As such, that in no way demonstrates that the lunar eclipse is not cause by Earth's shadow.
The fact that this only ever happens when both are right on the horizon, and that lunar eclipses only ever occur when the moon and sun are close to 180 degrees apart indicates it is Earth's shadow causing the eclipse.

Common sense doesn't tell us Earth is flat. It tells us FEers are trolls or fools.

No, quite different.
One rotates clockwise, the other counter clockwise.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1299 on: August 29, 2019, 03:43:56 AM »
Yes everywhere on the Globe people see the same face and phase of the moon but in the Southern Hemisphere we see the moon rotated compared to those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Here is the moon from my back yard near Brisbane in Australia.

Super Moon -11 th of November 2016 22:17:45 EAST

This post showed a couple of better photos than mine:
When viewed from the southern hemisphere, the moon appears to be upside down.  If viewed from the equator, it appears to be lying on its side.
How can this be on a flat earth.  Surely the fact that the moon appears to rotate as you travel from northern to southern hemisphere means the earth must be curved.
Surely this proves the earth is a spherical object?
Any opinions?
There are some photos of that in Re: observation of orientation of the spots on moon or sun from south pole of earth.
Here are the photos from that article:

The Moon seen from the southern hemisphere,
taken on the 25th of Nov 2012, from Montevideo, Uruguay.

Full Moon from the northern hemisphere
taken on the 22nd of Oct 2010, from Madison, Alabama, USA.
Photographed with a Celestron 9.25 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope.

How do those compare with the moon you see?

But the moon, about 3000 miles above the flat earth, seems to have a huge problem in explaining how everyone can see the same face of the moon. See this earlier post.
Please show how you flat earth model explains lunar phases especially the part where everybody that can see the the moon sees it almost exactly the same phase and shape.

With the moon only 5000 km above the flat earth earth, people in different locations should see quite different faces of the moon as in:
Where it would seem that if people in the USA see the full moon people in South America would see only a half moon and a quite different face.

But they do not - everyone sees the same phase and the same face! How can this be possible?

If my diagrams are inaccurate, I would be quite pleased to see accurate ones.

?

frenat

« Reply #1300 on: August 29, 2019, 05:23:34 AM »

Plat Terra proves he is unaware that the the Moon looks full from a day or two before to a day or two after it is 180 degrees in line. He's provided no proof any of the provided pics are exactly full. Yet another flattie fail from Plat Terra showing he doesn't understand the subject he argues against.
Thanks for the humor!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 05:26:58 AM by frenat »

« Reply #1301 on: August 29, 2019, 07:30:24 AM »

You know the saying "take a picture of my good side"?
If the ball moon were close to the earth, the sharp angle would result in people seeing a different face.
Youre saying that easily verifiable photos of the moon are fake?
Photos from australia and south america vs photos from canada and europe are wrong?
Really?
Is that what youre saying?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1302 on: August 29, 2019, 08:38:21 AM »
NASA continues to prove they fake Space. You just have to know where to look.  Different pictures of the ISS observation window reveal many different shapes and sizes of Earth. They can’t get the CGI right on the other side of the window. 

Small Sphere Earth.

Big Sphere Earth.

.....and no we have Plane Earth.

So which is it?

Is Earth a ...

1. Small sphere Earth

2. Big sphere Earth

3. Plane Earth.

Pick one wisely.

Are you ready to accept defeat yet?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 08:51:08 AM by Plat Terra »

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #1303 on: August 29, 2019, 09:09:06 AM »
Your first ISS photo is fake, the other two look correct, possibly taken with different lenses.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1304 on: August 29, 2019, 09:10:35 AM »
NASA continues to prove they fake Space. You just have to know where to look.  Different pictures of the ISS observation window reveal many different shapes and sizes of Earth. They can’t get the CGI right on the other side of the window. 

Small Sphere Earth.

Big Sphere Earth.

So which is it?

Is Earth a ...

1. Small sphere Earth

2. Big sphere Earth

3. Plane Earth.

Pick one wisely.

You are the master of deflection. Explain the ice wall? the southern sky?  the moon phases? nah, better look for some NASA pictures.

"Small earth" has been explained to you in this thread once or twice , like 40 or 30 pages ago, look for it, you are repeating yourself.

mak3m

« Reply #1305 on: August 29, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »
Why would anyone (500 to 1,500 years ago) believe in and teach Earth is a Sphere after viewing this horizon (below) everywhere they went for most of their life? What was the life changing evedience?

Hi Platt, apologies for the delay, first post. Been trying to register for a couple of days.

Firstly genuinely like your question, I love any question that makes you think and question any assumptions being made.

So I thought I would try and answer your question from a personal perspective, civil engineering, on how I would prove the curvature of the earth.

Within your timescale 500-1500 years ago I would be relying on arguments already presented, objects sinking into the horizon, observations of lunar eclipses, expanding my field of view with elevation, thought experiments regarding observing stars but not bright lights from distant cities, seasons, if I was able to travel extensively the differences experienced travelling through time zones, sunsets, star movements and the orbits of the visible planets.

Why would I be looking at things this way seeking answers, well the theory of the globe had been proven over 2000 years ago, Eratosthenes, and the first globe model appeared shortly after that, Crates of Mallus. The theory was hypothesised long before that, then proven and generally accepted via Eratosthenes experiment. What was discussed for a millennia after that was whether the earth or the sun was the centre point around which everything went around.

So looking at what had come before me I would have the principle of a round earth,  my own observations and a number of proven experiments. But I still would not be able to demonstrate that physically to you myself, if you popped up and asked me.

I can only go back 469 years before I could do that, with the invention of the theodolite. Admittedly the 16th century theodolite is pretty crude, the mid 18th century model is the breakthrough, a design still found in modern mechanical theodolites.

Pretty crude but still workable. A lot of hard work based on the increased number of instrument moves required, sadly no telescope on my early theodolite, but topographical surveying is born.

Theodolites measure both horizontal and vertical angle using the same instrument. So i can set up a topographical survey, probably using a single line loop traverse, to check for errors in my measurements. Then I can both give an xyz to any point within my survey,  triangulation had been invented 20 years prior to the theodolite, but also measure the angle if my start and furthest point.

Taking the angle measurements I can plug them into Eratosthenes experiment and not only replicate it but provide a more accurate answer.

You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1306 on: August 29, 2019, 09:37:23 AM »
Your entire moon and stars meme crashes and burns, just like all of the others. So now we just move on to the ISS?

Is that how you want this? You post a faulty notion, it gets swatted down then you just move on to the next?

Again, you're doing nothing but a service to the Globe Earth community by chipping away at any poorly rendered FE ideas. This really should be renamed "200 Proofs the Earth is Not Flat". Thanks for you service.

« Reply #1307 on: August 29, 2019, 09:39:35 AM »
Haha maken.
Youre too late.
Hes already run away from the answers and yet again chasing another herring.

Yes

« Reply #1308 on: August 29, 2019, 10:16:57 AM »
Been trying to register for a couple of days.
Hey that happened to you, too?  I assumed it was a problem with my email or something.  I wonder if there's an intentional waiting period, or maybe the board admins manually approve user registrations?  Interesting.

I'm about 90% sure that Plat is not a flat earther at all, just a dedicated troll.  I believe he understands the intentional ignorance of his "memes", which is why he repeatedly expounds on the most ridiculous fallacies he can then immediately moves on once other posters pin him down.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1309 on: August 29, 2019, 10:21:54 AM »
Your first ISS photo is fake, the other two look correct, possibly taken with different lenses.

1. Of course pictures from the alleged ISS are fake. Thanks!

2. The other two are correct? OK, thanks for admitting this. More on this later. But for now, the ISS observation window is not a camera lens. The camera lens is on the camera inside the fake ISS  that’s taken the picture of Earth through the window. The optics of the camera is not going to reach through the outer wall and reshape the earth differently from what’s seen through the window. Camera optics don’t work like that.

What your post proves is you’re desperate and will say illogical statements to defend a lie.

See again, another fake picture from the alleged ISS of a small sphere Earth. Compare the two.

Yes, NASA fakes Space!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:36:05 AM by Plat Terra »

mak3m

« Reply #1310 on: August 29, 2019, 10:29:15 AM »
Been trying to register for a couple of days.
Hey that happened to you, too?  I assumed it was a problem with my email or something.  I wonder if there's an intentional waiting period, or maybe the board admins manually approve user registrations?  Interesting.

Yeah I assume it was a manual registration, the registration email also went straight to spam but was keeping an eye out for it.
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1311 on: August 29, 2019, 10:37:56 AM »
The first picture seems to come from this video

As usual nothing wrong with it or with the others, just FE inability to comprehend perspective and photography.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #1312 on: August 29, 2019, 11:08:05 AM »

Small Sphere Earth.

Big Sphere Earth.

So which is it?

Is Earth a ...

1. Small sphere Earth

2. Big sphere Earth

3. Plane Earth.

Pick one wisely.

Look at the field of view in the second and third pictures.

It will explain everything, if you have any basic knowledge of photography.

Back away from your basement window, notice how much your view of the outside world shrinks?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1313 on: August 29, 2019, 11:14:05 AM »

Small Sphere Earth.

Big Sphere Earth.

So which is it?

Is Earth a ...

1. Small sphere Earth

2. Big sphere Earth

3. Plane Earth.

Pick one wisely.

Look at the field of view in the second and third pictures.

It will explain everything, if you have any basic knowledge of photography.

Back away from your basement window, notice how much your view of the outside world shrinks?

It's not going to change the horizon. You believe in fake pictures from NASA. Admit it and accept defeat!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 11:17:02 AM by Plat Terra »

rvlvr

« Reply #1314 on: August 29, 2019, 11:14:41 AM »
Photography does seem to throw FE a curveball.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1315 on: August 29, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »
Look Plat from the same video: I can see Istanbul from the ISS!!!

So how much of the earth would you expect to see looking straight down from the ISS with such a small window?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1316 on: August 29, 2019, 11:39:31 AM »

So how much of the earth would you expect to see looking straight down from the ISS with such a small window?

Why do I have to point out it's fake?

If it were real, you should be able to see a lake or river in Turkey.

Look mommy, I can see a lake from the ISS!!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 11:51:15 AM by Plat Terra »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1317 on: August 29, 2019, 11:44:22 AM »

If it were real, you should be able to see a lake or river in Istanbul.

Have you ever been in Istanbul? What lake or river should I see?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1318 on: August 29, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »

In Turkey.

Inside the same window, you should see the one taking up the view of the center window.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 11:53:41 AM by Plat Terra »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1319 on: August 29, 2019, 11:53:39 AM »

You should see the one taking up the view of the center window.

Look this is Istanbul. The body of water in the middle is not a lake or a river, it's the sea of Marmara. So what part of Istanbul surroundings is missing in the picture from the ISS again?