Another mass shooting...

• 2582 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Re: Another mass shooting...
« Reply #720 on: March 09, 2018, 03:52:12 AM »
Come on User, you do better than that ;)
What has given you that idea?
If I had to take a guess I'd say my general intellectual superiority paired with my astoundingly charismatic appearance.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #721 on: March 09, 2018, 04:21:47 AM »
Come on User, you do better than that ;)
What has given you that idea?
If I had to take a guess I'd say my general intellectual superiority paired with my astoundingly charismatic appearance.
Could be that.

I think we'll leave it to future historians to judge.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #722 on: March 09, 2018, 04:43:49 AM »

I would think your self-deprecating modesty is your strongest feature.  :)
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #723 on: March 14, 2018, 04:36:32 PM »
http://www.ksbw.com/article/seaside-high-teacher-accidentally-fires-gun-in-class/19426017

A teacher who also serves as a reserve police officer accidentally fired a gun inside a Seaside High School classroom Tuesday, police said, and three students were injured.

Dennis Alexander was teaching a course about gun safety for his Administration of Justice class when his gun went off at 11 a.m.

Alexander was pointing his gun at the ceiling when it fired. Pieces of the ceiling fell to the ground.

A news release from the Seaside Police Department said no one suffered "serious injuries." One 17-year-old boy suffered moderate injuries when fragments from the bullet ricocheted off the ceiling and lodged into his neck, the student's father, Fermin Gonzales, told KSBW.

The teacher had just told the class that he wanted to make sure his gun wasn't loaded, when the gun fired, according to Gonzales.

"It's the craziest thing. It could have been very bad," Gonzales said.

The teacher was about to use the gun for a demonstration about how to disarm someone, according to Gonzales.

Everyone in the classroom was stunned, and the teacher, who is a reserve officer for the Sand City Police Department, apologized.

But no one at the school checked to make sure that all of the students were uninjured, Gonzales said. The school day resumed as normal.

The 17-year-old boy's parents were shocked when he returned home with blood on his shirt and bullet fragments in his neck. The student's parents rushed him to a hospital for X-rays.

"He's shaken up, but he's going to be OK," Gonzales told KSBW. "I'm just pretty upset that no one told us anything and we had to call the police ourselves to report it."

Alexander was placed on administrative leave from his teaching position at Seaside High School, and he was also placed on administrative leave at the Sand City Police Department.

Sand City Police Chief Brian Ferrante told KSBW, "I have concerns about why he was displaying a loaded firearm in a classroom. We will be looking into that."

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #724 on: March 14, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »

The teacher had just told the class that he wanted to make sure his gun wasn't loaded, when the gun fired, according to Gonzales.

Bernard "Barney" P. Milton Oliver Fife?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #725 on: March 14, 2018, 05:30:11 PM »
I kinda feel sorry for the guy, the false flag people will be threatening him.

Also, I hope anyone who thinks arming teachers is a good idea will just think about it. Even trained people who are used to handling guns make mistakes.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #726 on: March 14, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »

Also, I hope anyone who thinks arming teachers is a good idea will just think about it. Even trained people who are used to handling guns make mistakes.

Many people are shot every year with unloaded guns.   Doesn't very often happen during a gun safety demonstration by a police officer.

On the whole I think it was a great demonstration of gun safety.  But I doubt many will see it that way.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #727 on: March 14, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »

Many people are shot every year with unloaded guns.   Doesn't very often happen during a gun safety demonstration by a police officer.

On the whole I think it was a great demonstration of gun safety.  But I doubt many will see it that way.

"See, kids? Rule #1 - always treat a gun as if it is loaded."

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #728 on: March 14, 2018, 05:53:59 PM »
(2m:50s)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #729 on: March 14, 2018, 06:10:50 PM »

You're callous. People were hurt and could have been killed. Would you still think it was a 'great demonstration' if that was your kid in hospital?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #730 on: March 14, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »

You're callous. People were hurt and could have been killed. Would you still think it was a 'great demonstration' if that was your kid in hospital?

As far as gun safety goes it was a great demonstration,  none of those kids will ever forget it.   The rule is that there is no such thing as an unloaded gun. 

To imply that means I don't care about the kid who got a bullet fragment in the neck is leaping to an unwarranted conclusion,  it means no such thing.

Stop projecting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #731 on: March 14, 2018, 06:45:37 PM »

As far as gun safety goes it was a great demonstration,  none of those kids will ever forget it.   The rule is that there is no such thing as an unloaded gun. 

To imply that means I don't care about the kid who got a bullet fragment in the neck is leaping to an unwarranted conclusion,  it means no such thing.

Stop projecting.

I wasn't projecting. I am not even sure how that word can be applied in this context. I was being serious. Guns have no place in a school. Kids should not need to worry about being shot accidently or otherwise from their educators. Schools are not jails. Unless we are preparing our kids for a life in prison, the teachers do not need to have guns. Just fuck them off. Only a matter of time before some kid with a deathwish wrestles a gun off an unsuspecting teacher or some idiot teacher leaves a gun unlocked in a desk drawer.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #732 on: March 14, 2018, 08:04:44 PM »

Stop projecting.

I wasn't projecting. I am not even sure how that word can be applied in this context. I was being serious. Guns have no place in a school. Kids should not need to worry about being shot accidently or otherwise from their educators. Schools are not jails. Unless we are preparing our kids for a life in prison, the teachers do not need to have guns. Just fuck them off. Only a matter of time before some kid with a deathwish wrestles a gun off an unsuspecting teacher or some idiot teacher leaves a gun unlocked in a desk drawer.

It is effortless to point out potential problems with someone else's plan.
That's why so many people do it.

Offering a solution to a problem takes effort.
What is your plan?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #733 on: March 14, 2018, 08:24:38 PM »
Americas main problem is embedded in its culture. It's not an easy fix and cant be done overnight. I think bringing more guns inside schools is the wrong direction. I of course speak from a country that doesn't give 2 shits about guns. No one obsesses about them and no one (bar law enforcement and armoured security guards transporting large amounts of cash) really has them.

America cant ever go to a utopia that is Australia. You're too far gone for that.  ;) But guns inside schools wont fix the problem of guns in schools. It also sets the mindset in children growing up with armed teachers that violence is not only a way of life, but a solution.

Judging by the protests going on it looks like the students don't want their teachers to be armed anyway. I cant say I blame them

Know your place

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #734 on: March 14, 2018, 08:41:27 PM »
Americas main problem is embedded in its culture. It's not an easy fix and cant be done overnight. I think bringing more guns inside schools is the wrong direction. I of course speak from a country that doesn't give 2 shits about guns. No one obsesses about them and no one (bar law enforcement and armoured security guards transporting large amounts of cash) really has them.

America cant ever go to a utopia that is Australia. You're too far gone for that.  ;) But guns inside schools wont fix the problem of guns in schools. It also sets the mindset in children growing up with armed teachers that violence is not only a way of life, but a solution.

Judging by the protests going on it looks like the students don't want their teachers to be armed anyway. I cant say I blame them

The student protests are the game changer this time around.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out over the next few years.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #735 on: March 14, 2018, 08:52:02 PM »

There is a reason why children don't get to make the rules.

So, "armoured security guards transporting large amounts of cash" in Australia get to protect other people's stuff against aggressive attack, but, individuals are forbidden from protecting their life against attack?

Does calling 000 or 112 in Australia guarantee a victims survival or just alert the police to the whereabouts of the crime scene.

BTW, you didn't offer a solution.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #736 on: March 14, 2018, 09:19:26 PM »
So, "armoured security guards transporting large amounts of cash" in Australia get to protect other people's stuff against aggressive attack, but, individuals are forbidden from protecting their life against attack?

It's called self defence, and it is a right that everyone has.
With that said, each state has their own amendments when it comes to what constitutes as self defence. For example, under section 418(2) of the NSW Crimes Act 1900, a person is not guilty of an offence if they were:

(a) to defend himself or herself or another person, or (b) to prevent or terminate the unlawful deprivation of his or her liberty or the liberty of another person, or (c) to protect property from unlawful taking, destruction, damage or interference, or (d) to prevent criminal trespass to any land or premises or to remove a person committing any such criminal trespass, and the conduct is a reasonable response in the circumstances as he or she perceives them.

It doesn't automatically confer the right to kill an intruder,  that could be construed as excessive force.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #737 on: March 14, 2018, 09:40:14 PM »
The answer to fixing the opiate addiction crisis is undoubtedly NOT to introduce more opiates to combat the bad opiates. You reduce access to opiates and look for alternatives. (I'm not suggesting new laws, I'm just saying you don't give a heroin addict oxycontin and say you did them a favor)

Same goes for alcoholism. The answer isn't getting more people to drink more alcohol.

Frequent absenteeism at work. You don't encourage more people to be late more often.

Why, with guns, do we say more people should have more guns to fix the problem? I'm ok with guns. My family hunts deer and moose (stahp it Moose, not you). I have been raised around them. But I don't think the NRAtv propaganda spots are useful. And I don't think Obama and Hillary are coming for my guns just because people want kids to stop dying at school. And I don't think it's wrong to have a system in place that asks a 19 year old to answer very carefully why he really feels he needs an assault style rifle, and maybe says no sometimes to the crazy aggressive guns that are always in the news. Ever tried asking a doctor for Percocets? They usually don't say "sure, there are other drugs that might work, but since you asked, let's just go ahead and make it happen."

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #738 on: March 14, 2018, 09:41:11 PM »

There is a reason why children don't get to make the rules.

Does calling 000 or 112 in Australia guarantee a victims survival or just alert the police to the whereabouts of the crime scene.

BTW, you didn't offer a solution.

Not my country, not my place to offer a solution. All I can 'offer' is direction. Not that it matters because I am not from your culture. I could very well think a lot differently had I been brought up in America. But I wasn't so my words are ignorant

I am not forbidden from protecting my life against an attack. And having a gun in the family is more likely to get you in trouble than not having one

http://www.newsweek.com/florida-gun-boy-shoots-mother-435175

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #739 on: March 14, 2018, 09:41:48 PM »

It's called self defence, and it is a right that everyone has.
With that said, each state has their own amendments when it comes to what constitutes as self defence. For example, under section 418(2) of the NSW Crimes Act 1900, a person is not guilty of an offence if they were:

(a) to defend himself or herself or another person, or (b) to prevent or terminate the unlawful deprivation of his or her liberty or the liberty of another person, or (c) to protect property from unlawful taking, destruction, damage or interference, or (d) to prevent criminal trespass to any land or premises or to remove a person committing any such criminal trespass, and the conduct is a reasonable response in the circumstances as he or she perceives them.

It doesn't automatically confer the right to kill an intruder,  that could be construed as excessive force.

So you can have a weapon for no other reason than you feel like owning one?

If you find a drunk teenager crashed out on your couch you point your weapon and call 911.
If you find a masked intruder with a pillowcase full of your treasure you point the weapon at them and order them to their knees. If they run you follow them to the door. If they face you and disobey your commands you put two bullets in their chest.

You have no obligation to negotiate. If your intruder is not afraid of your defense, are you obligated to beg? Fuck that. They made a choice.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #740 on: March 14, 2018, 09:49:48 PM »
If you find a drunk teenager crashed out on your couch you point your weapon and call 911.

or you can do what this guy did

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/38450038/intruder-tourist-sleeps-on-nz-fishermans-couch-in-mangawhai/

Gordon Pryor, 60, woke just before sunrise on Saturday to the sound of someone entering his unlocked rural home in Mangawhai.

He watched the young man settle down on the couch, pulling a bean bag over himself for warmth.

A New Zealand man left an intruder to sleep on his couch while posting pictures on Facebook to find out who he was. Source: Facebook

Rather than interrupt him, the homeowner let the young man sleep despite his eldest son, a policeman, informing him the visitor had broken the law.

He said it would have been easier to let the man stay rather than wake him and possibly face an argument.

The fisherman boiled a kettle and had a coffee and a piece of toast while he watched over the man.

Mr Pryor also took a few pictures to share to a couple local Facebook pages to see if anyone recognised him.

"Found this guy sleeping on my couch this am lol does anyone know him?" he wrote.

While nobody identified the sleeping man, the post received hundreds of positive comments from locals praising Mr Pryor for his kindness, while many parents checked their kids' rooms to see if they were missing anyone.

The intruder was laster identified as engineering student Louis Coetze who was visiting the region. Source: Facebook

“I’ve travelled the world a bit and you know a few things and you know your capabilities if you have to deal with somebody and if you need assistance.

"I wasn’t unduly concerned,” Mr Pryor told the New Zealand Herald.

The intruder turned out to be an engineering student visiting the region who had to walk to his destination after being dropped off by a shuttle bus.

Mr Pryor later updated the post to say: "Well guys we now know who he is. A good kid... just got a little lost lol."

The young man's mother has since thanked Mr Pryor for his kindness, the newspaper reported.

"Only in Mangawhai!" one person posted

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #741 on: March 14, 2018, 10:04:36 PM »

or you can do what this guy did

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/38450038/intruder-tourist-sleeps-on-nz-fishermans-couch-in-mangawhai/

Gordon Pryor, 60, woke just before sunrise on Saturday to the sound of someone entering his unlocked rural home in Mangawhai.

He watched the young man settle down on the couch, pulling a bean bag over himself for warmth.

A New Zealand man left an intruder to sleep on his couch while posting pictures on Facebook to find out who he was. Source: Facebook

Rather than interrupt him, the homeowner let the young man sleep despite his eldest son, a policeman, informing him the visitor had broken the law.

He said it would have been easier to let the man stay rather than wake him and possibly face an argument.

The fisherman boiled a kettle and had a coffee and a piece of toast while he watched over the man.

Mr Pryor also took a few pictures to share to a couple local Facebook pages to see if anyone recognised him.

"Found this guy sleeping on my couch this am lol does anyone know him?" he wrote.

While nobody identified the sleeping man, the post received hundreds of positive comments from locals praising Mr Pryor for his kindness, while many parents checked their kids' rooms to see if they were missing anyone.

The intruder was laster identified as engineering student Louis Coetze who was visiting the region. Source: Facebook

“I’ve travelled the world a bit and you know a few things and you know your capabilities if you have to deal with somebody and if you need assistance.

"I wasn’t unduly concerned,” Mr Pryor told the New Zealand Herald.

The intruder turned out to be an engineering student visiting the region who had to walk to his destination after being dropped off by a shuttle bus.

Mr Pryor later updated the post to say: "Well guys we now know who he is. A good kid... just got a little lost lol."

The young man's mother has since thanked Mr Pryor for his kindness, the newspaper reported.

"Only in Mangawhai!" one person posted

Fishermen are reasonable people.  ;D

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #742 on: March 14, 2018, 10:12:00 PM »

Stop projecting.

You don't really understand how concealed carry works, do you? 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #743 on: March 14, 2018, 10:19:06 PM »

Stop projecting.

Concealed carry or carrying a concealed weapon, is the practice of carrying a weapon in public in a concealed manner, either on one's person or in close proximity

Bottom line - Guns will be in school

Know your place

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #744 on: March 14, 2018, 10:41:47 PM »

Stop projecting.

Concealed carry or carrying a concealed weapon, is the practice of carrying a weapon in public in a concealed manner, either on one's person or in close proximity

How does one wrestle a concealed weapon away from an unsuspecting teacher if nobody knows who has a firearm and who does not?  Does the kid with a death wish just stomp the shit out of every teacher until he finds one with a pistol strapped to his leg?  In the area where I live, a high percentage of people often legally carry a concealed weapon and guess what, people are not attack by kids with a death wish trying to take their guns away from them, nor are children's fragile psyches damage by knowing that any grownup around them might be carrying a firearm, nor are properly concealed weapons attacking children randomly.  You make the worst arguments against arming teachers. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #745 on: March 14, 2018, 10:45:37 PM »

Stop projecting.

How does one wrestle a concealed weapon away from an unsuspecting teacher if nobody knows who has a firearm and who does not?  Does the kid with a death wish just stomp the shit out of every teacher until he finds one with a pistol strapped to his leg?  In the area where I live, a high percentage of people often legally carry a concealed weapon and guess what, people are not attack by kids with a death wish trying to take their guns away from them, nor are children's fragile psyches damage by knowing that any grownup around them might be carrying a firearm, nor are properly concealed weapons attacking children randomly.  You make the worst arguments against arming teachers.

I'm pretty sure the question of which teachers have a gun wont be the worlds best kept secret

And are schools prisons now? Are your teachers wardens? Who the fuck wants to go to school where your teachers have a gun? You call yourselves 'land of the free'. What a joke. You're slowly becoming a prison state

You guys brag about being the best country on Earth no end, but there are very few enviable reasons for anyone to want to go there.

Know your place

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #746 on: March 14, 2018, 10:55:47 PM »
Guess what, people, including children, are at grocery stores and parks and malls with people who have properly concealed firearms everyday.  What is so special about a school that makes children incapable of being around adults who are properly concealing firearms?

Oh, and guess where adults who are otherwise legally allowed to carry a firearm are actually not allowed to carry a firearm?  Prisons. So, schools are actually more like prisons right now than they would be if the teachers were armed...

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #747 on: March 14, 2018, 11:11:36 PM »
Guess what, people, including children, are at grocery stores and parks and malls with people who have properly concealed firearms everyday.  What is so special about a school that makes children incapable of being around adults who are properly concealing firearms?

Oh, and guess where adults who are otherwise legally allowed to carry a firearm are actually not allowed to carry a firearm?  Prisons. So, schools are actually more like prisons right now than they would be if the teachers were armed...

Whatever you say man. I'm happy that my country I have never even seen a gun (apart from on police) or ever touched one. Totally happy. Happy that no one else I have ever encountered has had one either. Happy that I can send my kids to school and not even consider them being slaughtered and taking their bullet ridden body home in a box. That makes me really happy. God has blessed Australia  ;D

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #748 on: March 15, 2018, 12:03:00 AM »
I have never even seen a gun (apart from on police) or ever touched one. Totally happy. Happy that no one else I have ever encountered has had one either.

So, what do you people do when someone kicks in the front door and starts ransacking your heirlooms?  Make sandwiches and help them load their lorry? 

Does your government allow you to defend yourself and your property?
If so, how? 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #749 on: March 15, 2018, 12:16:15 AM »
I have never even seen a gun (apart from on police) or ever touched one. Totally happy. Happy that no one else I have ever encountered has had one either.

So, what do you people do when someone kicks in the front door and starts ransacking your heirlooms?  Make sandwiches and help them load their lorry? 

Does your government allow you to defend yourself and your property?
If so, how?

If someone came in my house and making them a sandwich and load their lorry is the only thing that would keep me alive, I'd do it. But in seriousness, I have plenty of sharp 'ornaments' and and am trained (for whatever that would be worth in the heat of the moment) in how to defend myself

Sure, a gun would be sweet, I could blow them away, but giving law abiding people like me a gun would also allow criminals to have a gun. It doesn't make me safer, it just levels the odds in a far more dangerous way that will likely result in someone being killed. If they want to 'get at me' they are going to need far more courage than shooting me in my sleep.

The government allows me to defend my house, property or loved ones using reasonable force. If they happen to die, so be it. Whatever it takes to neutralise the threat is what it takes.

Know your place