Poll

When you look at this house, can you tell us that there is human settlement in it? Or is it a ruin? HERE YOU LOOK: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=84356.msg2225750#msg2225750

People live in this home.
1 (7.7%)
This house is a ruin and empty.
2 (15.4%)
This house is empty but not ruin.
2 (15.4%)
This house is ruin but not empty.
0 (0%)
Available for settlement but no one lives at the moment.
2 (15.4%)
Someone lived until recently, but they're not there right now. They may be on vacation.
2 (15.4%)
Those who lived there were stayed far for a long time, they have just arrived.
0 (0%)
Someone lives here but may not be human. Dwarfs, or something.
3 (23.1%)
Your opinion
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Santa Ruins, Turkey

• 23 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Member of the Brotherhood of the Dome
Santa Ruins, Turkey
« on: December 25, 2019, 03:46:16 AM »
There is a place known as Santa ruins (Santa Harabeleri) in Turkey. I would like to introduce this place you.

This is a district consisting of 7 neighborhoods in borders of Dumanlı Village belongs to Gümüşhane city and stays between Trabzon and Gümüşhane. Located exactly here on the map:

The most sensible way to reach here, where there is no public transport, to land at Trabzon airport and  to rent a car and  and trust your google and yandex maps shows "Santa Ruins".

There are a few historical places here. I want to share them briefly. Firstly we need to take a look briefly:

You see four names on the map. But one of them is a local facility belong to somebody, who is making his own advertisament shamesly. Anyways.

The place marked as Santa Ruins:

The place marked as Greek Ortodox church:

The place marked as "Dumanlı" (village)

If we look at the shape of the region again, the church, the ruins of Santa and the neighborhood are no more than 1 mile away from each other. so this place, I mean the Dumanlı village is also where santa lives.

If we look more carefully at the houses in the village we see that history and today are intertwined. such that it is difficult to distinguish at first glance which house is in ruins and which somebody still lives in today. I want to give an example.

the architecture of the house and the stones used in the house must have belonged to ancient times. however, the material used on the roof of the house, and also the electricity that has been supplied to the house, are showing the house is inhabited and repaired.

in this picture it is easy to see the ruins stay inside the village. so much so that it is hard to get which one of the homes or ruins have got electric.

I want to continue to share to give information and some of will be my estimation.

I don't think this building is a church because there was another building introduced as church. however, the cross symbol stands on the entrance door of the building. also the windows are different from the windows of other buildings. therefore, I believe that this building is priest's house.

View of the Dumanlı Village, Santa Ruins.

Inside Dumanlı Village, Santa Ruins.

Inside Dumanlı Village, Santa Ruins. village fountain, still active.

Inside Dumanlı Village, Santa Ruins. village fountain. the more recent photo shows a metal faucet mounted on the top fountain. this is the most stupid thing. In the old fountains in this region, water flows from the wooden gutters. it is both historical, natural and healthier. I hate that they have metal faucet montaged to historical buildings. I'm sure that the muhtar who made this village used it as a selection material because it brought a new faucet.

Another fountain inside Dumanlı village.

Ruins1.

High altitude the region's milk is fatty and the meat is delicious and competes with the Swiss Alps.

In spring and autumn there may be density on the roads due to arrivals and departures.

Dumanlı Village, Santa Ruins, Yanbolu Stream.

Yanbolu Stream, Dumanli, Historical Stone Bridge.

Dumanlı Village, Santa Ruins. From far distance.

Dumanlı Village, Santa Ruins. General view of the village.

As I mentioned at the beginning of the article, the best way to reach the region is to come to Trabzon by air, rent a car from Trabzon and trust your flat earth map. you may not find suitable places to eat and stay in the area. Since there are not many hotels in the area, it is generally preferable to go here early in the morning and return without evening hours. If you bring meat and snacks with you, it is better to prepare lunch outdoors. Of course, you can spend the night in one of the houses in this area by having an agreement with one of the villagers and have breakfast here. the best months for this will be the summer months. of course, you can also choose this period of winter to feel that spirit of santa.

There are still 300 houses and 5 churches remained today, this village is under threatening of treasure hunters. In the village, the population of which is increasing in summer, there is not much left in winter and treasure hunters make excavations and destroy churches and empty houses. I wish this district where Turkey's official archaeological site, will be declared by UNESCO World Heritage Site and got saved.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Santa Ruins, Turkey
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 08:00:45 AM »
I hope so, too. It is beautiful there.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 09:56:01 PM »
I hope so, too. It is beautiful there.

We need to increase its international recognition by by encouraging people to visit the region.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 11:29:26 PM »
There is a place known as Santa ruins (Santa Harabeleri) in Turkey. I would like to introduce this place you.

This is a district consisting of 7 neighborhoods in borders of Dumanlı Village belongs to Gümüşhane city and stays between Trabzon and Gümüşhane. Located exactly here on the map:

The most sensible way to reach here, where there is no public transport, to land at Trabzon airport and  to rent a car and  and trust your google and yandex maps shows "Santa Ruins".
. . . . . . .
There are still 300 houses and 5 churches remained today, this village is under threatening of treasure hunters. In the village, the population of which is increasing in summer, there is not much left in winter and treasure hunters make excavations and destroy churches and empty houses. I wish this district where Turkey's official archaeological site, will be declared by UNESCO World Heritage Site and got saved.
And it might be where St Nicolaus is buried: Santa Claus's tomb may have been uncovered beneath Turkish church.
And more in Could the Remains of Santa Claus Be in This Turkish Church?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 11:35:02 PM by rabinoz »

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 12:10:39 AM »
Geez wise....the pictures you posted are absolutely beautiful. I can just smell the fresh air there!
There is a strike in this workplace for three days.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 12:14:35 AM »
Geez wise....the pictures you posted are absolutely beautiful. I can just smell the fresh air there!

I went there for once. You're right in guessing. I know a 110 years old woman who goes to this area every year. After a year she wanted to go again but her sons did not allow. woman died that year. It is said that one year is added to your life when you go here for once in a year. blueberries grow in this region as well. you can also walk across the river. it is as if everything is planned to avoid harm but benefit only. its like cartoon or a joke, but real.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 12:40:38 AM »

I went there for once. You're right in guessing. I know a 110 years old woman who goes to this area every year. After a year she wanted to go again but her sons did not allow. woman died that year. It is said that one year is added to your life when you go here for once in a year. blueberries grow in this region as well. you can also walk across the river. it is as if everything is planned to avoid harm but benefit only. its like cartoon or a joke, but real.

Absolutely amazing....it almost seems fake it's so beautiful.

What type of temperatures are there?
Is there a lot of rain?
There is a strike in this workplace for three days.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 01:05:14 AM »

Absolutely amazing....it almost seems fake it's so beautiful.

What type of temperatures are there?
Is there a lot of rain?

Altitude is high. Even at summer, night temperatures are low. daytime weather is clear, average and dry. Even the weathertemperature is low, sun almost everytime shines in daytime. Most of the time the weather is foggy. dumanli means smoky. this is because this region is at the same level as the clouds in the region. when you climb to a slightly high place, the clouds remain below. villagers usually come to this area to graze animals during the hot periods of summer. you can walk around in the T-shirt during the day but at night you need to use 2 layers of blankets.

It is usually weather clear during the day but depending on your chance to be clear or foggy. there is no heavy rainfall because the clouds remain below or are at the same level. more common is that wet clouds wet everywhere. we call it the drizzle. drizzle is the most common type of precipitation in the region. but in winter it snows.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • Thread Janitor
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 04:43:42 AM »
Looks peaceful.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2019, 05:10:03 AM »
Looks peaceful.

There are no predators except for the bear and the wolf that appear really very very rarely. There is little wooded area and grasslands are generally vegetation. so there is no place to hide predators. very rare in the night, especially in the winter months may appear bear and, or wolf. You can see there many rabbits. In the countryside you can collect blueberries and mushrooms. this is a super natural area which the "wild" part is forgotten.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 05:19:54 AM »
Create a story about this photo (I'll add the poll to the OP)

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • Thread Janitor
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2019, 05:21:10 AM »
World's oldest goal post.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2019, 05:27:41 AM »
World's oldest goal post.

I'm talking about the nearby building.  ::)

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2019, 04:20:03 PM »
I once spent Christmas at Santa's sisters place.    Santa Monica.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2019, 11:33:45 PM »
I will give three striking examples of why international protection is necessary to fight against illegal construction and treasure hunting.

1) In the picture below you see how treasure hunters plunder a historical lake in the region. Moreover, they did this by using excavators and trucks in front of the whole country.

These photos you see are always newspaper news.

Then our the environment and urbanism minister said the lake would be restored and those responsible would be punished.

Murat Kurum, Environment and Urbanism minister

Below you see how the lake is restored.

Restoration of historical lake by order of Murat Kurum, Environment and Urbanism minister.

those responsible were never fined and treasure hunters did their job exactly. they completely dug the bottom of a lake, and then the place was filled and covered with soil by the state. we call it "Turkish type restoration". Thanks minister!

2) In the following example, we see some houses modernised:

The first house the historic ruin house in first floor the new and brick second floor has been added. Since the second house has been renovated on a relatively older date, its historical texture is somewhat preserved. it is still not beautiful in appearance. the house on the right is completely new and does not seem belong to the village.

the general problem in these regions is also here, and illegal construction is the city's biggest threat.

3) There is another striking example here:

On the left part of the photo, you see aunlicensed construction in the village. After the event was published in the media, something made under the name of restoration was made that you see it in the right.

How healthy this is can be discussed. I hope that the marbles we see in the basement are not from an ancient structure.

4) Last statements of stone bridges:

Despite all the barbarian attacks, the stone bridges are still in good condition and need a little restoration.

As a result, it is possible to ensure that the village continues to live relatively well preserved as follows.

however, this requires combating illegal construction and, moreover, not allowing construction at all. This can only be achieved by UNESCO's interest in this region. If there is no international interest, each governor, every minister will implement his own plan for the region, and there is no way we can protect it againts half government supported illegal construction and treasure hunters.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »
I thought this was a thread about Santa Clause ruining Turkey at first lol.

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2019, 02:23:21 PM »

Why would he attack his homeland? you greeks are not aware of your own history and values. these guys are your grandfathers. ah, in this case santa greek. real santa also does not need another name. like Adam. just like jesus. This is the hometown of Santa. we have to take care about things those remained of him. but what are you doing? nothing.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 05:49:59 AM »
Sorry I guess...

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 10:23:10 PM »

Why would he attack his homeland? you greeks are not aware of your own history and values. these guys are your grandfathers. ah, in this case santa greek. real santa also does not need another name. like Adam. just like jesus. This is the hometown of Santa. we have to take care about things those remained of him. but what are you doing? nothing.

Have you ever been to Spain,  or anywhere they speak Spanish?    Just wondering.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »

Have you ever been to Spain,  or anywhere they speak Spanish?    Just wondering.
this is a risky question for my privacy. It is not the issue meanwhile.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2019, 11:17:57 PM »

Santa Monica,  Santa Cruz,  Santa Barbara...   Santa is common prefix for Spanish town.    But you knew that didn't you?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2019, 12:36:00 AM »

Santa Monica,  Santa Cruz,  Santa Barbara...   Santa is common prefix for Spanish town.    But you knew that didn't you?

I knew. The point I stand that real Santa does not need a second name. Santa Monica,  Santa Cruz,  Santa Barbara, Santa something means they are copying the name of Santa. Santa name can be used instead of "Saint" in a way. Hence, Santa Barbara means "Saint Barbara" actually. There can be only one real Santa and it has to be name of Santa only. This Santa has only the name of Santa but nothing else. There is a possiblity this Santa name has been used the meaning of "Saint", but in that way still it is the original form makes him different than whole others, whether it has been used in both means either Santa or Saint. Hence I claim he is the only real Santa.

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2019, 03:19:04 AM »
I knew. The point I stand that real Santa does not need a second name.
Eh, what?  "Santa" is literally short for "Santa Claus", in the Anglicised version of his name, anyway - in Dutch, for example, it is Sinterklaas.

Santa Monica,  Santa Cruz,  Santa Barbara, Santa something means they are copying the name of Santa. Santa name can be used instead of "Saint" in a way. Hence, Santa Barbara means "Saint Barbara" actually. There can be only one real Santa and it has to be name of Santa only. This Santa has only the name of Santa but nothing else. There is a possiblity this Santa name has been used the meaning of "Saint", but in that way still it is the original form makes him different than whole others, whether it has been used in both means either Santa or Saint. Hence I claim he is the only real Santa.
Santa Claus is from Saint Nicholas, a 4th century bishop.  It's the same thing.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2019, 04:55:42 AM »
I knew. The point I stand that real Santa does not need a second name.
Eh, what?  "Santa" is literally short for "Santa Claus", in the Anglicised version of his name, anyway - in Dutch, for example, it is Sinterklaas.

Santa Monica,  Santa Cruz,  Santa Barbara, Santa something means they are copying the name of Santa. Santa name can be used instead of "Saint" in a way. Hence, Santa Barbara means "Saint Barbara" actually. There can be only one real Santa and it has to be name of Santa only. This Santa has only the name of Santa but nothing else. There is a possiblity this Santa name has been used the meaning of "Saint", but in that way still it is the original form makes him different than whole others, whether it has been used in both means either Santa or Saint. Hence I claim he is the only real Santa.
Santa Claus is from Saint Nicholas, a 4th century bishop.  It's the same thing.

Santa Claus is the lie has been hide the truth to you. The reality is Santa the only name. Santa Claus is lived in Antalya, another Turkish city, the problem here Santa Claus is actually Saint Claus and there is a missunderstanding there.