Instagram, Facebook and other apps are down just one day after pandora leak...

• 8 Replies
Sorry but i just wanted to share this. Just one day ago biggerst ever pack of secret info was leaked to public. Just aroud 24 hours after it, most major apps shut down... Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, twitter reported issues... prehaps google, youtube and reddit are next. Prehaps this was "clean up" by elites. They might purge internet, by secretly removing anti-elite material. Officials say they were testing "AI", so it might be connected. Prehaps only few people (and AI)know about this, so that is why this clean up  didn't leak. Anyways, it appears this is happening for 6 hours now? Msm media seems to have responded too quickly. Prehaps this plan? What do you guys think? Am i paranoid?

Alexei

• Tide Pod Challenger
  • Professional Terrorist
This is one reason to ditch fakebook and stuff.
Welcome back mate!
Quote from: markjo
***ATTENTION***
You have reached the end of this forum.
Now turn off your computer, go outside and play.

Stash

• I am car!
Am i paranoid?

Yes.  :P

I can't see why FB and it's owned sibling apps, Insta, Whatsapp, etc., would go down in any relation to the Pandora Papers. There's really no logiocal connection between the two. If paranoia were to creep in, probably more because of the 60 minutes piece last night revealing the FB whistleblower that has been causing FB credibility issues for weeks. But again, what would that really have anything to do with an outage.

Aside from paranoia, simply, some admin probably toasted some servers. It's not like FB hasn't gone down before. In 2019 it was down for 24 hours causing panic to billions of users. Shit happens.
We've never really been a single entity.  We're more like a collection of rabid honey badgers stuffed into a 3 piece suit.  It occasionally bears the semblance of a man

Lorddave

Yeah.  From what I saw, someome toasted the routing tables.  Employees couldn't even get into the building as their key cards didn't work.

Sounds more like IT fucked up.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Am i paranoid?

I can't see why FB and it's owned sibling apps, Insta, Whatsapp, etc., would go down in any relation to the Pandora Papers. There's really no logiocal connection between the two. If paranoia were to creep in, probably more because of the 60 minutes piece last night revealing the FB whistleblower that has been causing FB credibility issues for weeks. But again, what would that really have anything to do with an outage.

Aside from paranoia, simply, some admin probably toasted some servers. It's not like FB hasn't gone down before. In 2019 it was down for 24 hours causing panic to billions of users. Shit happens.

Come on, it happend in less than a day. Also, that whistleblower seems like a legit problem. She mentions how facebook went on a surge trying to censor things with election btw, and how they manipulate data. I mean, it was a well known fact that media favours left wing ideas and that it censores any debate about effectivnes of medical system. Also, werent there minor shutdowns on around US elections IIRC?

Stash

• I am car!
Am i paranoid?

Come on, it happend in less than a day. Also, that whistleblower seems like a legit problem. She mentions how facebook went on a surge trying to censor things with election btw, and how they manipulate data. I mean, it was a well known fact that media favours left wing ideas and that it censores any debate about effectivnes of medical system. Also, werent there minor shutdowns on around US elections IIRC?

Umm, just look at the news. Lots of stuff happened today, just like any other day. You could connect anything that happened today to anything else if one is paranoid enough. And what would be the connection between the two anyway? I can't think of one - Zuckerberg trashed his entire platform for a period of time so some Sheik mentioned in the Pandora Papers had time to remove some pictures from Instagram of his Malibu estate that he bought through a shell company? Like I said, I can't think of a way to connect the two.

And as far as FB in general goes, I'm not a fan. And anyone who gets news or pretty much any worldly info from social media is an idiot. Social media is one big click-bait data-mining endeavor for profit. If anyone doesn't get that, they deserve to be "mis-informed".
We've never really been a single entity.  We're more like a collection of rabid honey badgers stuffed into a 3 piece suit.  It occasionally bears the semblance of a man

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Seen on Twitter...

"Lmao. Friend at Facebook confirmed they ended up bringing in a guy with an angle grinder to get access to the server cage"
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Empathiser
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?

These documents were leaked months ago, since then 600 journalists in 117 countries have been trawling through the files from 14 sources, thatís 6.4 million documents, almost three million images, more than a million emails and almost half-a-million spreadsheets, a catalogue of how the rich and powerful move money through property, shell companies and offshore accounts.

I donít know whether the super-rich have Instagram but I doubt that anything they did put on there would have a bearing on this, and in any case, they are pretty much immune from our displeasure.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Shifter

Am i paranoid?

Hang on. Wasn't she bitching about the fact that Facebook weren't doing anything about misinformation post election?

I personally agree with platforms that have the potential reach of billions of eyeballs that purges misinformation. Some things are simply facts you dont get an opinion on

Have an opinion of the fact. Dont have an opinion whether the fact is true or false. That's why the world is so polarized and people are at each others throats.

Honestly if Facebook and other antisocial media sites were forever deleted, the world would be a much happier and less stressful place.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place