Clearing the Muddle that is Jesus

• 1007 Replies

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
Re: Clearing the Muddle that is Jesus
« Reply #930 on: March 30, 2023, 08:18:56 AM »
On a hill, early spring as the sunsets. A lark sings high above and a breeze from the south brings false promise of summer.
God pops out of nowhere.

“I see that you are moved by my works human.”

“Are they your works, or are you taking credit for what Ymir ‘s children fashioned from his corpse?”

“Good grief man, that’s obvious tosh, gods crawling from the armpits of a sleeping giant suckled by an ice cow, were you born yesterday?”

“Relatively, yes, but that story absurd as it is, mimics closely the Enuma Elis, found in the Library of Ashurbanipal, dated to at least 1,000 years BC, with its slumbering progenitor murdered by its offspring, the body of Tiamat used to make the earth and heaven, where were you then?”

“It was the bronze age FFS, those idiots weren’t ready for the truth.”

“Right, the people that inscribed the code of Hammurabi couldn’t handle the truth, whereas those that can’t figure out the reason for the 2nd amendment, they can?”

“Oh fuck off!”

God pops off, the lark drifts slowly down, its trilling quietens as it lands to sleep.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:24:50 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #931 on: March 30, 2023, 08:22:34 AM »
Bulma: I don't agree with some of the stuff you say.
I don't believe in any god but respect that you and many others do.
I do agree with a lot of the points you make but there is a debate here and some of the others do make some good points also.

It's about give and take where religion comes in and also values of each individual have to be taken into account to understand why a person may opt for one way against another.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:25:12 AM by sceptimatic »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #932 on: March 30, 2023, 08:23:39 AM »

Trying to throw an uno reverso card against people doesn't mean anything. Your post is just fluff. Means nothing.

Especially coming from another dumbarse troll. Your opinion is worthless
I'm just saying it's best to take notice instead of offering nasty insults when you don't agree.
It doesn't mean your points are all invalid.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #933 on: March 30, 2023, 12:31:48 PM »
Oh look. Two people that I've ignored in a row. Guess I'll continue to ignore you.

You say you ignore us but it clearly sounds like you read our posts.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #934 on: March 30, 2023, 02:13:15 PM »
When they get their arse handed to them and have zero rebuttal, they claim to ignore so they can excuse themselves from embarrassing themselves any further

Of course they read it. And their failure to reply only makes them look like bigger morons. On the plus side we can reply with intelligence while all they have is scatter brained nonsense.

I guess bulmadick is too busy beating his cheesy dick raw. Try not to get blood all over your mums carpet this time eh?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #935 on: March 31, 2023, 06:45:51 AM »
Bulma: I don't agree with some of the stuff you say.
I don't believe in any god but respect that you and many others do.
I do agree with a lot of the points you make but there is a debate here and some of the others do make some good points also.

It's about give and take where religion comes in and also values of each individual have to be taken into account to understand why a person may opt for one way against another.

I don't expect you to. You're like Slime, not always in agreement but willing to concede certain points, which is why I'm friending you, and have blocked both of them. People who can't be bothered to listen, it's difficult or impossible to have a civil conversation with.

Jesus taught do unto others as you would have them do unto you. When someone online is like talking to a slab of meat or brick wall for all that they ignore you, I put them on the ignore list too.

I'm typing "s l e m o n" and it's writing it as "slime".
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 06:51:22 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #936 on: March 31, 2023, 06:50:59 AM »
People who can't be bothered to listen, it's difficult or impossible to have a civil conversation with.

You mean like yourself and septic? No matter how deep anyone explains anything to you both, you just say its wrong and regurgitate the same bullshit nonsense as before. You aren't even believable that even you believe your bullshit

Pro tip, go outside and find a partner and get a life. It's better than bleeding all over your mums carpet as you whack your dick raw

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #937 on: March 31, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »
"Get a life"?

Buddy
We all here posting.
Not really a good burrnnn...

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #938 on: March 31, 2023, 09:06:03 AM »
"Get a life"?

Buddy
We all here posting.
Not really a good burrnnn...

I post here during my work hours. None of my actual free time that I could spend with friends, family, going out, playing the xbox or watching movies are wasted here.

But hey if you enjoy your free time here, go ahead. I know I have better things to do in it myself. It's 3am for me and hey I might as well kill time here while I wait for my shift of almost nothingness to end

Know your place

« Reply #939 on: March 31, 2023, 09:18:24 AM »
Why you presume bulmba isnt at work?

People work 8-10hrs

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #940 on: March 31, 2023, 09:31:38 AM »

People work 8-10hrs

He's admitted he doesn't work. He doesn't do anything by his own admission. Just leeches of everyone elses hard work and then bitches to everyone how they should be operating and thinking

My shifts are 12 hours 8)

Know your place

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #941 on: March 31, 2023, 11:04:22 AM »
If you want to type in slemon you have to insert a bbc code thing between any letters after the s as the word "lemon" is filtered by the word filter as I think to stop people from linking to the shock/gore site "lemon party"

« Reply #942 on: March 31, 2023, 02:37:44 PM »

People work 8-10hrs

He's admitted he doesn't work. He doesn't do anything by his own admission. Just leeches of everyone elses hard work and then bitches to everyone how they should be operating and thinking

My shifts are 12 hours 8)

sounds like you get paid to spam the internet.
aaaah

no i tease
being on call and waiting is still 'work'.
my cousin is a fireman.
he's jacked becuase all he does is exercise.
and play guitar, and read books.

« Reply #943 on: April 01, 2023, 04:09:24 AM »
Well, I sorta work?

But not conventionally.

I work as an author. I now how an amazon author page! Sorta. A search of my name gets mixed in with books about hookers. A search of my books, it's usually the third or fourth book mentioned.

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3ASamantha+Rinne+Hooker

As for most of the people debating with me, yes I do think they are paid to spam the internet. They seem to be on much of the day. That or they have a job but no life. That's just as tragic. You guys need to go on dates! Live your life! Don't be like me, as I stay indoors much of my life.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #944 on: April 01, 2023, 04:29:53 AM »
Well, I sorta work?

But not conventionally.

I work as an author. I now how an amazon author page! Sorta. A search of my name gets mixed in with books about hookers. A search of my books, it's usually the third or fourth book mentioned.

https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3ASamantha+Rinne+Hooker

As for most of the people debating with me, yes I do think they are paid to spam the internet. They seem to be on much of the day. That or they have a job but no life. That's just as tragic. You guys need to go on dates! Live your life! Don't be like me, as I stay indoors much of my life.

Indoors and beating that trouser snake until it bleeds. Dont worry, no one is like you

Know your place

« Reply #945 on: April 01, 2023, 07:43:33 AM »
Yay!  ;D

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #946 on: April 03, 2023, 11:11:25 AM »
I assure you that like Wolvaccine, none of my free time is spent on this site.
I usually come on here when I do my homework.
When I'm not I'm playing on my Xbox or Nintendo Switch.
I have things to do other than this.

« Reply #947 on: April 03, 2023, 11:08:44 PM »
Mmmhhhm.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #948 on: April 04, 2023, 02:59:21 PM »
You can see I'm not on during the weekends.

« Reply #949 on: April 05, 2023, 05:14:40 AM »
So basically the weekends you get offline because you're not paid to do work. You got out on dates, you go to church, and you go rock climbing. It's easier to believe that than a job where you make a living only working two days a week. That said, my dad is a minister.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #950 on: April 05, 2023, 12:39:17 PM »
I said I go on here when I do my schoolwork.

« Reply #951 on: April 07, 2023, 08:05:15 AM »
Today is Good Friday.

It is also the week of Passover.

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #952 on: April 07, 2023, 11:15:42 AM »
Who wants to play Rebecca Black's "friday" song to annoy Bulmadick?

« Reply #953 on: April 08, 2023, 04:41:48 AM »
You act like I care about the things you stereotypically assign to me.

I don't care what critics say, about a song being bad.

She's cute, and the song is funny to listen to. Yesterday was Thursday. Tomorrow is Saturday. After that comes Sunday. Gosh, you don't say. None of you understand satire, or the idea of something being intentionally bad to make a point. You listen to the experts and don't realize they aren't doing their jobs if they don't at least put satire in its own category.

You can't annoy me until you actually understand me.

Better ppl than you have tried.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 04:49:37 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

« Reply #954 on: April 09, 2023, 03:10:56 AM »
Referring an answer from another section.

What if she did have a choice?

What it would mean is that God would have a list of potential candidates.

We don't know whether Mary is the first person God asked.  There may even have been a wide timeline for this prophecy. They had a numerological calendar deciding when their Messiah was supposed to come, but it's up to choice, really. And if she said no, God would just arrange another descendent of the house of David.

You think I'm kidding. You think it's rare to be related to a king. My dad does genealogy, one thing that struck me was how ordinary it is to have certain things in your genealogy. Like, most European people are related to one of the kings of England or France or Spain. Possibly multiple ones. It is far more rare to have been serfs every generation for all time.

So yeah, they killed alot of descendants of the house and lineage of David. It was the one who agreed to be God's woman that was spared. Think of all those other women as ones who said no if you want to blame God. But those were killed by human hands.

I can't stop you from blaming God. But Mary was given a choice. At the very least, she could could have killed herself to try to thwart God. Sorry, but you'd be dead and God would just pick someone else.

We see Judas saying no to God. He later repents. Now most Christians don't think he was forgiven. But Judas actually has a death identical to Jesus (by hanging), and leaves a legacy that has lasted thousands of years. The Field of Blood was used to bury foreigners for generations. So I ask you, if God forgave even Judas for saying no, why do you not think he will forgive you? He loves you. Human beings die in one way or another in this life. It's the immorality of the Afterlife that is relevant.

All of the disciples shared with Jesus in death. Including John. Revelation is a lie.

Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him. “Teacher,” they said, “we want you to do for us whatever we ask.”

“What do you want me to do for you?” he asked.

They replied, “Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory.”

“You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said. “Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?”
 “We can,” they answered.

Jesus said to them, “You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared.”

Jesus explicitly predicts that they will both die for his sake. Only according to legend does it say he survived boiling oil. It's in the Acts of John, an extrabiblical text. In other words, an urban legend meant to prop up the narrative of Revelation.

John ACTUALLY died with his brother, with whom he did everything else.

https://biblewise.com/bible_study/questions/boiled-in-oil.php

The Acts of John purports to give an eyewitness account of the missionary work of the apostle John in and around Ephesus. It probably dates to the 2nd half of the 2nd century. Although no complete text exists, there are considerable portions in Greek and in Latin. Unfortunately, the actual story of the boiling in oil is not included in any existing text or fragment. But parts of the book are clearly missing, including the beginning of the story. The Acts of John tells how Domitian, upon ascending the throne in 81AD, immediately began persecuting the Jews. They, in turn, accused the Christians, and Domitian turned his attention toward them, committing horrible atrocities against the Christians. He heard of John who was teaching in Ephesus at that time. He sent for him and made him drink poison, which did not hurt him. (But when they tried it on a common criminal, that man died - only to be revived by John.) Domitian was impressed, but he banished him to Patmos. It is thought that Nerva recalled John.

On the way home, John was involved in a shipwreck and landed at Miletus, eventually finding his way back to Ephesus. Tertullian and other Latin writers have made the claim that either Domitian or the Proconsul at Ephesus cast him into a cauldron of boiling oil, which also did him no harm. No Greek text confirms this event. Some early writers claim this happened prior to his banishment to Patmos.

Perhaps one of the more interesting witnesses for this event dates back to the middle of the tenth century. Aelfric, an Abbot of the Benedictine monastery near Oxford (955-1017), included this story in one of his sermons. He did not identify his source, but he was renowned for being a stickler about orthodoxy. He did much to discredit apocryphal materials, yet he told this story. Elsewhere he referred to Jerome, a Church Father, who had written about John in his Ecclesiastical History, and perhaps on that basis used him as an authority for the incident.

We may never know whether it actually happened, or if it's just an urban legend. We do know, however, that it is not in any of the canonical books.

As they mention twice though, it's a fragmentary mess, and there's no confirmation. Jesus prophesied that they woulf die, I believe him. So do people who dispute Revelation as a false teaching.

What I find interesting is that enemies of Christ alwayd defend the canon that includes Revelation. It's easy to see why. It helps their case against Christianity. But if enemies of Christ accept it as canon, it was obviously written by enemies of Christ.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #955 on: April 09, 2023, 03:26:25 AM »
Referring an answer from another section.

Referring an answer from another section...

Umm, yeah, there were ppl still around. "cohabited with the human women". Human woman were still around. Same as human men and human children and human babies, still around. The Nephilim weren't fucking human men, children, and babies and siring non-ppl. And the Nephilim were still kicking around after the murderous flood.

As well, God just went ahead an rammed a baby into Mary's womb totally without her consent. That's some seriously rapy shit. What's up with that?

Luke 1:30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.
Luke 1:31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus.

Like she had a choice? Gabriel basically shows up and says, "Oh, by the way, God WILL be planting his seed in you, period."
What's Mary going to say to one of God's Angels who just commanded that this will happen?

"Umm, yeah, well, here's the thing, Gabe...Can I call you that? It just seems like we're having a pretty personal convo, so I'm thinking I can. In any case, I'm a virgin and I don't want to be knocked up by God because you see, you already know the virgin bit, but I have a husband, everyone will know it's not his kid. People will talk. I'm not cool with that. And you know, I'd kinda like to hook up with Joe first, have him take my flower, so to speak...It's kind of a special thing we got going on, married and all. And how emasculated do you think Joe is going to feel? 'God got it on with me first' - How can he even compare?
Can you go tell God that I appreciate the offer, but no, I'm good with Joe. Thanks, but no thanks. A hard pass. I'm sure God will be cool with that...Umm, right Gabe? He'll be down with the that, right? He's not going to get all pissy about my refusal and start drowning everyone again, right? Gabe, talk to me."
Mary, increasingly nervous, "What's his vibe? He's still into the free will thing, right? He's not going to smite me or Joe, right?

« Reply #956 on: April 09, 2023, 04:50:58 AM »
The implication of Noah was that humans were quickly becoming a lost gene pool.

in other words, God wanted a man (of the tribe of Israel) to die for the sins of all men.

Suppose we repeated this experiment, found some ancient angel genes, cloned them, and got our freaky on with this.

I know, I know, it's sexy.

Would God destroy the Earth again?

Probably not. Because no matter what we try to do, including a Dalek or Cyberman replacement of humanity, Jesus died for all sins, now and forever.

COVID vaccine alters your DNA? Irrelevant. You're human. Your sins are forgiven. Same deal if you have an artificial heart whatever. Cyborg? Beastman? Whatever.

These are attempts to distance yourself from God.
But you're too late. He's won, humans "lost".

The Nephilim were siring divine men. That's pretty explicit in the text. And given that you came after one look at that sexy beast, I am certain that this wasn't an occasional thing but a clear case of humans going too far. 
But God turned a destructive event into a means of showing his promise not to do it again, and his covenant with humanity. Not just gays get the rainbow. Everyone does.

The rainbow symbolizes how the covenant stands for them also. Even though they think it's about pride. The gay rainbow excludes indigo. Six colors (six is a number of imperfection). God's rainbow includes indigo ppl. It includes everyone. He died on the cross for everyone, including the worst sort of lynch mob imaginable.
Suppose Jesus was a gay trans female today. The same Christians that purport to worship him would again say "crucify him". But other Christians might not. Does he condemn the first? No, he honors the second and forgives the first.

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/files/2015/10/Jesus-and-Gender-Identity.png

Yes, Gabriel would in fact pull out his checklist and goes, "Okay there's Ava in the north end of Damascus. She's also of the house and lineage of David. But she doesn't have any connection with Judaism, so it'll take awhile... Mary, look at this."

« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 05:23:55 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #957 on: April 09, 2023, 05:49:14 AM »
Rainbows existed on Earth for billions of years. Indeed, they exist anywhere in the universe where light exists moving through a medium that can scatter it

God didn't spontaneously 'make' it for Noah as some promise. Pure bullshit

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #958 on: April 09, 2023, 08:08:13 AM »
But God turned a destructive event into a means of showing his promise not to do it again, and his covenant with humanity. Not just gays get the rainbow. Everyone does.

God drowned, 750 million people, men, women, children, babies, and every other creature on earth save for a handful of humans and the pairs of elephants and giraffes and mosquitos, etc.

And yes, he promised not to fuck up again and murder everything. In my world a genocidal murderer doesn't get to kill everyone and then say, "My bad in the first go. I promise, this time I won't murder you all again. Just trust me on that, OK? We cool? Great, now worship the shit out of me or go to hell..."

« Reply #959 on: April 10, 2023, 05:18:26 AM »

God drowned, 750 million people, men, women, children, babies, and every other creature on earth save for a handful of humans and the pairs of elephants and giraffes and mosquitos, etc.

And yes, he promised not to fuck up again and murder everything. In my world a genocidal murderer doesn't get to kill everyone and then say, "My bad in the first go. I promise, this time I won't murder you all again. Just trust me on that, OK? We cool? Great, now worship the shit out of me or go to hell..."

Actually mosquitoes could fly, and like to breed on water sources, so there was no reason to take only two of them on an ark.

Once again confusing Christianity for Judaism.
1. Judaism is "live following these laws if you want to have a long life" (Judaism didn't have a firmly codified idea of afterlife, so the reward for behavior was more life).
 2. Christians sometimes teach other people that "do good and get into heaven" is Christianity.

List of Christian heresies:
5. Cathars may have formed groups in southern France and Italy in the 12th through 14th centuries. The most extreme among them believed that the physical world was the handiwork of an evil god. Avoiding meat, cheese and some other foods, as well as refraining from sexual intercourse, were ways to connect with the spiritual world.

8. Pelagians derived their name from Pelagius, a British monk who preached in fifth-century Rome. He allegedly declared that Christians could earn their way into Heaven by doing good deeds, without the need of divine grace.

I skipped the irrelevant ones. The point being that if you think you can earn your way into heaven, that not what's taught. In any case, you have to die. Jesus told his disciples no delusions about following him. You will be handed over to authorities, you'll have to defend yourself, and many of you will be put to death.

3. What Christianity actually taught was that Jesus died for our sins. But from the very first, Christians had trouble with a group of people called "Judaizers" teaching "Christianity" in attempt to spread Judaism instead. They taught that following the law of Moses and getting circumcised was the way to be saved.

Yes, you can trust that God won't destroy everyone again. Because deeds are no longer necessary. It's about God extending grace and mercy. Either he will or he won't, and nothing you do can buy his mercy.