nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7722 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #4200 on: October 20, 2021, 12:58:44 PM »
The media likes to tell you about the bad news.  It doesn't emphasize good news like it should.  And the good news is that covid has been on a steady decline for the last month.  Next week the fda will most likely authorize vaccinations for kids 6-11.  Delta, scary as it is, is actually outcompeting other variants to the point where it's hard for them to take hold.  For all the huffing and puffing that conservatives are doing they're not successfully doing much to block Biden's vaccine mandates.

Another piece of local good news specific to me; here in Utah at the beginning of the school year they were predicting a surge in covid in schools.  In reality it turned out to be a fraction of what they predicted.  It's a surprise but a good one.  Schools aren't all shutting down and there hasn't been a boom in ventilators for kids.

We do have a winter coming.  Who knows how that'll change things but in general we're progressing in the right direction.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4201 on: October 20, 2021, 01:40:57 PM »
The best thing about winter is that more people in Florida go outside. lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4202 on: October 20, 2021, 01:56:07 PM »
The media likes to tell you about the bad news. 

Like ~50K Americans dead from covid in just the last 4 weeks?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4203 on: October 20, 2021, 03:25:01 PM »
The media Shitler likes to tell you about the bad news. 

FIX'D
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4204 on: October 20, 2021, 07:30:31 PM »
The media Shitler likes to tell you about the bad news. 

FIX'D

Yanks could use a dose of reality. Some still think covid is bullshit. Just look at that Kevin Sorbo dicks latest tweets! Lol

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #4205 on: October 20, 2021, 08:24:06 PM »
Some aussies worship the maga hat.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4206 on: October 20, 2021, 09:35:15 PM »

Indeed, stupid exists everywhere. Including Oz. Just seems a disproportionately large number of next level stupids are located in the US of A

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #4207 on: October 22, 2021, 06:39:16 AM »

Indeed, stupid exists everywhere. Including Oz. Just seems a disproportionately large number of next level stupids are located in the US of A
Well that's a well known fact since decades. I wonder if it's purely environmental/cultural or if it's fixed in the genetics?
I recently saw a youtube video where the americans were proud for having a big truck that could 'roll coal', meaning push out black smoke to 'own the libs'. Like wtf, how retarded can one even be?!
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2021, 06:44:16 AM »

But also dont mistake large with proportional.

340M gives rise to a large number by volume.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4209 on: October 22, 2021, 07:43:09 AM »

But also dont mistake large with proportional.

340M gives rise to a large number by volume.

Judging by the number of people who think Trump is the 2nd coming of Jesus, believe the election was stolen and chugging down aquarium cleaner or horse paste, then yeah, it's still a massive percentage of the population

In Oz, 'far right' parties attract single digit percentages of votes no matter where in Australia you look. In America, it's half the voting public. Yes, the Trump party is a far right party. Then they have a woefully dreadful education system where people simply aren't even taught to think critically leading to a very stupid and gullible populous easily swayed by propaganda and talking greasy heads like Cucker Tarlson

America is also a religious extremist country - maybe not as bad as the Middle East but it's getting there. In Oz, people are mostly just 'meh' on religion. Even the religious people who go to church. But just look at some of the repug politicians who refuse to get behind the idea of 'separation of church and state'. Americans even had a fight for teaching 'Intelligent Design' in schools - wait until enough repug hard liners in powerful positions get to have their say and influence on that debate again. 'Alternate facts' is synonymous with America and it's played up as the TRUTH lol

Geez they even had a coup attempt to destroy the very fabric of democracy and the kicker is they thought they were working towards democracy. How stupid can you get? 50K people are dropping dead a month from covid and many still believe it's not a big deal or a hoax. If America was filled with intelligent people with critical thinking skills there is no reason why they couldn't be at 90+% double dosed vaccinated by now. Why has my quaint little city of Canberra already had 99% of eligible people already been given a dose of the vaccine and by Novembers end that will be double dosed. Given how late and bungled our rollout was how is America still flailing and arguing about whether or not it even works?

Simple answer is collectively, Americans are stupid

The next flash point for a world conflict is not China/Taiwan or India/Pakistan or Israel/Iran or even North Korea. America is the one to watch and if any countries really cared about their future, they would pivot away from their dependence or reliance on them. It's very unstable. America is teetering on the brink of being authoritarian/dictatorship. Cronyism, nepotism etc - This is how Trump ran the country - and if just a few people were as demented as Trump in key positions then that coup attempt could have been semi successful instead of a laughable failure.

But I could be wrong.... :P A disproportionate amount of the 50K dying each month are probably repugnican voters - and in some key states where the state is won by less than 1%, that could be the difference in securing a Democrat victory in previous repug states. So in refusing to take the vaccine to 'own the libs' they are gifting the libs with an easier to obtain victory by culling themselves

Know your place

« Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2021, 08:19:25 AM »
up here in canada, eh, the Qanon racist crowd managed 800,000 votes (just not in one territory)
take off, eh.
34M and these monkeys managed 800,000.

glad we got more than 2parties here.
the rest more "sensible" maga hats voted for the standard palatable conservative...

that said, those "sensible" are doing super awesome in terms of covid - protesting hospitals, masks, vax, and the such so much they need to ship off their sick to other provinces.
Our own texas of the north.

The PPC got more than 800,000 votes, and that should worry all of us
https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the-ppc-got-more-than-800000-votes-and-that-should-worry-all-of-us/

« Reply #4211 on: October 22, 2021, 08:22:50 AM »
skip to 13:06

as defined by the speaker/ articlee:
"stupid people" are those whose actions don't benefit themselves or others.
"bandits" are those whose actions benefit themselves at the cost to others.

X axis relation to themselves.
Y axis relation to others.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4212 on: October 22, 2021, 06:37:18 PM »
Yanks could use a dose of reality.
Umm...  You do realize that you're saying this on a site dedicated to the notion that the earth is flat, don't you?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4213 on: October 22, 2021, 08:15:00 PM »
Umm...  You do realize that you're saying this on a site dedicated to the notion that the earth is flat, don't you?

It still needs to be said

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4214 on: October 23, 2021, 09:31:07 AM »

It still needs to be said
I've always believed that reality is highly overrated.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #4215 on: October 24, 2021, 01:53:50 AM »
What's the big deal with Fauci and "Gain of Function research"?

What am I missing?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #4216 on: October 24, 2021, 02:10:23 AM »
It's an attempt to paint a narrative that Fauci created the virus through the Wuhan lab either intentionally or carelessly.

It's really a way for republicans to cope with Trump's loss since he basically lost because he botched the covid response.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #4217 on: October 24, 2021, 06:32:21 AM »
Clvids not a big deal but it is a big deal when the browns or the yellows bring it into the country but its not a big deal but it is a big deal becausd faucci killed millions and must pay for crines against humanity.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4218 on: October 24, 2021, 01:26:42 PM »
Clvids not a big deal but it is a big deal when the browns or the yellows bring it into the country but its not a big deal but it is a big deal becausd faucci killed millions and must pay for crines against humanity.

It's also the China virus but now the Fauci virus. But later when the argument suits, it's the China virus agsin

Consistency is not a repugs schtick

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4219 on: October 27, 2021, 01:15:05 PM »
Australians are now set to get booster shots of the covid vaccine. 6 months from their 2nd dose which means I should hopefully get another in March 8)

Apparantly we are throwing away lots of vials of astrazeneca vaccines that are expiring because dumbarses are 'vaccine shopping' and only want the mRNA one despite the effectiveness of this more traditional one. I'd happily take one destined for the bin but stupid beaurcratic red tape won't allow it. Madness

The ACT is now more than 90% double dosed 12+ years. By the end of this month, that should be 99% (or at least rated at the 'max' >95%). The only state really holding Australia back is WA still lagging at a bit over 50%. No doubt D1 among those yet to get vaccinated :P

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4220 on: October 27, 2021, 01:16:31 PM »
My mom got her booster today. She had the J&J vaccine, and the Moderna booster.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #4221 on: October 27, 2021, 03:59:35 PM »
My mom got her booster today. She had the J&J vaccine, and the Moderna booster.
I'm interested to know how she feels over the next couple days, and if it is anything like it was for a lot of other people that got Moderna for their 1st and 2nd doses where the 2nd dose really hit hard.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4222 on: October 27, 2021, 06:29:30 PM »
I will let you know if she starts feeling bad. I wonder how long it should take, because it's been about 10hrs since she got the booster.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4223 on: October 27, 2021, 09:45:45 PM »
I felt nothing from my first dose of Pfizer and just a headache and fatigue for one day after the 2nd dose which I got 6 weeks after the 1st.

Looks like going forward we will be using Pfizer, Moderna and the bulk of doses available will be from Novavax (we are getting 51 million doses of that apparantly by the end of this year which is enough for the whole of Australia's population)

Can our government get them in arms before they would expire though is anyone's guess

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4224 on: October 28, 2021, 06:59:52 AM »
The only reaction my mom has had so far is a sore arm, and a bit feverish where they gave her the shot.

« Reply #4225 on: October 28, 2021, 08:16:08 AM »
So remember that "data scientist" in Florida that was arrested for blowing the whistle on the governor hiding covid deaths?

jones for congress

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4226 on: October 28, 2021, 10:46:07 AM »
The only reaction my mom has had so far is a sore arm, and a bit feverish where they gave her the shot.
Thanks, that's a relief!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4227 on: October 28, 2021, 12:12:02 PM »
Thanks, that's a relief!

She's still not feeling any bad effects from it.  I think she would be feeling bad by now, if that was going to happen. Don't you think?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #4228 on: October 28, 2021, 12:17:25 PM »
Thanks, that's a relief!

She's still not feeling any bad effects from it.  I think she would be feeling bad by now, if that was going to happen. Don't you think?

Anecdotally, from my peeps I've talked to who got the second jab of Moderna or Pfizer, the onset of any flu-like symptoms was pretty quick, within 6-12 hours and lasted about 24 hrs. For my second jab of Pfizer, just a sore arm and a little tired.

So yeah, she's probably out of the woods for side effects.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4229 on: October 28, 2021, 01:24:51 PM »
Yeah, I'll second what Stash said. I had Moderna, and it was about 12 hours after the jab that I felt it, lasted about 24 hours, and then I was fine. Over the course of both doses, I didn't really feel much for the first one at all, just a sore spot on my arm, but the 2nd one had me take a day in bed. For purely selfish reasons, I've been wondering if a 3rd dose of Moderna would be worse, since the 2nd was worse than the 1st, or if it might not be so bad since it's a lesser amount and the first round of medicine is already more well established.