Things yet to be explained(Properly) by FET.

• 160 Replies

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
Re: Things yet to be explained(Properly) by FET.
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »
It was PizzaPlanet who insulted me by proposing that my statement was silly
Your statement was silly, and trust me, I wasn't being insulting. You're just unfamiliar to my pretentious tone of a buffoon with an inflated ego.
If I was trying to insult you, I'd propose that your statement was moronic.
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2011, 10:41:26 PM »
It was PizzaPlanet who insulted me by proposing that my statement was silly
Your statement was silly, and trust me, I wasn't being insulting. You're just unfamiliar to my pretentious tone of a buffoon with an inflated ego.
If I was trying to insult you, I'd propose that your statement was moronic.

Really PizzaPlanet? The only thing you have added to this debate are insults. If you wish to show my statement as being moronic, then please use that vast intellect of yours and provide some scientific and mathematical evidence in support of the FE idea. However, I completely understand that is beyond your capability and only expect ramblings of speculation and non-sense from which you believe is a valid theory. This is the main problem that I have with FErs. They do not debate using logic, science, physics, mathematics, or anything as such. I will ignore your trolling efforts PizzaPlanet and will await an actual post that merits debate.

« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »
They do not debate using logic, science, physics, mathematics, or anything as such. I will ignore your trolling efforts PizzaPlanet and will await an actual post that merits debate.

Why bother waiting if flat-earthers "do not debate using logic, science, physics, mathematics, or anything as such [sic]"?

« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
They do not debate using logic, science, physics, mathematics, or anything as such. I will ignore your trolling efforts PizzaPlanet and will await an actual post that merits debate.

Why bother waiting if flat-earthers "do not debate using logic, science, physics, mathematics, or anything as such [sic]"?

Perhaps one of the FErs can actually provide substantial evidence to support their claims. After all, this is suppose to be science. Why should I refute accepted theories and accept the "truth" as many FErs suggest, when they cannot provide a level of debate or provide substantial theories which are better at predicting the nature of the universe than the accepted ones?

« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2011, 11:48:09 PM »

Perhaps one of the FErs can actually provide substantial evidence to support their claims. After all, this is suppose to be science. Why should I refute accepted theories and accept the "truth" as many FErs suggest, when they cannot provide a level of debate or provide substantial theories which are better at predicting the nature of the universe than the accepted ones?

Meaningless generalisations. Doctor's orders: lurk moar.

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2011, 12:03:50 AM »
Meaningless generalisations. Doctor's orders: lurk moar.

Hmm... Just as expected. The typical FEr response. I have lurked through ton's of speculation from your Wiki and threads. Can you actually point me to a source of verifiable FE physics? The mathematics doesn't have to be perfect. The equations just have to predict nature better than accepted theories.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:06:20 AM by EllipsoidEarthSupporter »

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2011, 02:28:54 AM »
Hello,

I would add another thing which as far as I know is not explained (sorry if I am wrong, but I am new here, I have read the FAQ and I didn't find an answer):

if a plane flies starting from north pole in the south direction (in the Flat Earth map this means: following a ray of the disk), what happens when it reachs the boundary of the disk??
In the round earth it would eventually come back to the starting point...what in the flat earth?

thanks!!

« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2011, 12:34:39 AM »
Add another item to the ever expanding list of things FET cannot explain. The precession of gyroscopes and pendulums that vary their behavior at different latitudes. 
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2011, 05:08:44 AM »
Hello,

I would add another thing which as far as I know is not explained (sorry if I am wrong, but I am new here, I have read the FAQ and I didn't find an answer):

if a plane flies starting from north pole in the south direction (in the Flat Earth map this means: following a ray of the disk), what happens when it reachs the boundary of the disk??
In the round earth it would eventually come back to the starting point...what in the flat earth?

thanks!!

I think the answer you will get will be something along the lines of, "It is impossible to fly across the 'southern pole'.  You can not provide proof that this is possible, so you are just going by what you were taught in school by the conspiracy employed teachers.  Please lurk moar and read ENaG."

Please correct me if I am wrong, FE'ers.

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »
Add another item to the ever expanding list of things FET cannot explain. The precession of gyroscopes and pendulums that vary their behavior at different latitudes.

This could be the result of the differential coupling of the angular momentum of the UA as a function of latitude, just as the FE disc does not shield out the UA evenly across the surface of the FE disc (hence the variation of local g with latitude).
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »
Hello,

thanks!!

A perfectly reasonable question - the problems begin when you try to determine that you are flying radially outwards across the disc, and are not being subtly deflected off-course as you go.  The magnetic field of the FE, the positions of stars, the Sun and the Moon, inertial guidance systems and dead reckoning all have potential weaknesses which could lead the pilot and/or instrumentation astray.
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.