Things yet to be explained(Properly) by FET.

• 160 Replies
?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
Re: Things yet to be explained(Properly) by FET.
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »
^ Is that supposed to be evidence of something? ??? It gets more and more like a kindergarten in here each day.

Besides, just so you know, I don't subscribe to that model. You were given it by a different FEr. I think it unlikely the earth is in that form. For a start it would mean no ice-wall and secondly it would mean you could sail off the edge.

Its a hand drawn overlay indicating which parts of the world are reporting being sunlit at the moment.

Link any map you want, and I will apply the same overlay.  And this is now published for peer review.  It contains the time and date that I am implying the conditions apply.
As we are all scientists here, and we know you can only disprove theories, find me any data that contradicts my information, and publish it here for review.  I guaranty that every city within those areas report the conditions I am implying.

BTW, this is how science is done.  Kind of the opposite of how you guys operate.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:06:37 PM by Theodolite »
Gather round my gentle sheep, I have a wonderful spherical story for you

Skeleton

• Frankly, I have better things to do with my time.
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »
quote author=EnigmaZV link=topic=30588.msg762220#msg762220 date=1249099444]
To be honest, I'm not a big supporter of that geographic model anyway, but I lack the time and computer skills to do an animation of my own.

If I recall, he likes the idea that Antarctica as a continent exists, which isn't such a bad idea.  Here are a few rough animations of the sun's orbit:

Note that this is simply an azimuthal projection and does not accurately represent the Flat Earth or the orbit of the sun.
[/quote]

There I found the diagram that shows the stupid light pattern.
If the ultimate objective is to kill Skeleton, we should just do that next.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »
There is an animation somewhere showing the illumination problem but I dont know where.
How convenient. ::)

Fine, plot the patches of light and dark yourself and see it zetetically :P

July 15, 2011    1545 PDT

Was these images made zetetically? Unless you traveled the world collecting the daylight times yourself, I don't think so.

You are relying on a round world model for your data. The round world model is false. I don't know why you guys think hypothetical predictions from a false model of the earth would port over to FET.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:43:30 PM by Tom Bishop »

Skeleton

« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2011, 05:45:27 PM »
You might claim the model is false but the data is accurate. You can look up sunrise/sunset times for anywhere in the world, and they are correct. Your model can go in the bin now.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »
You might claim the model is false but the data is accurate. You can look up sunrise/sunset times for anywhere in the world, and they are correct. Your model can go in the bin now.

Where should I look up sunrise/sunset times, an internet calculator based on a round world model?

Find logs of sunset/sunrise times which were actually recorded by people and we'll talk. All anyone posts on this site are calculators which predict sunrise and sunset times on a false world model.

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2011, 05:51:13 PM »
My model is published for review by you.

"false" is not data, or a review. 

so far my published information is unrefuted.

your map is also unzetetic

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2011, 05:51:57 PM »

Where should I look up sunrise/sunset times, an internet calculator based on a round world model?

Find logs of sunset/sunrise times which were actually recorded by people and we'll talk. All anyone posts on this site are calculators which predict sunrise and sunset times on a false world model.

i didnt use a calculator.  go ahead, look up some recorded times, prove me wrong

Skeleton

« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2011, 05:54:59 PM »

It doesnt matter how they are calculated if they work, dum dum. And they do.

?

Thork

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »
Being as Tom is kindly giving up his time to answer your queries, you might want to address him in a manner in recognition of that fact. This is unacceptable.

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2011, 06:12:43 PM »
Being as Tom is kindly giving up his time to answer your queries, you might want to address him in a manner in recognition of that fact. This is unacceptable.

He isnt giving up his time, he is attempting feebly to defend his crackpot theories.

Make ridiculous claims, produce maps that are merely works of art.

Ask for sources, while having none of your own (that stand up to review)

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2011, 06:28:32 PM »

He isnt giving up his time, he is attempting feebly to defend his crackpot theories.

Didn't I warn you?
Also anything requiring historical records is automatically suspect by TB unless it proves a point he likes.  And using any predicting almanac is useless to him no matter what effective results are used.

Berny
You should see his rant whenever someone brings out a sextant

To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

?

Thork

« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2011, 06:30:31 PM »

He is giving up his time. You are not the first person ever to ask him about the sun's path or time zones or whatever pops into your head on the day.
He answers for 10,000th time for your benefit.

I do not think it is too much to ask, to show him a little respect. These are after all part of the forum rules.

?

Theodolite

• NASA's Chief Surveyor
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2011, 06:36:57 PM »
He might have been asked for the 10,000th time, but he has yet to answer from what i can see.

he seems to merely cite theories without supporting evidence, and asks other people for unscientific levels of sources

?

Thork

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »
This is not up for debate.

Skeleton

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2011, 07:02:04 PM »

He has been told this before in the other thread dealing with this map. He refuses to take it on board or is unable to understand it. Either option represents stupidity in my view. And Tom isnt even answering any queries just dodging them.

?

Thork

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2011, 07:09:28 PM »

He has been told this before in the other thread dealing with this map. He refuses to take it on board or is unable to understand it. Either option represents stupidity in my view. And Tom isnt even answering any queries just dodging them.
I don't care. I am not making an unreasonable request of you. Respect is a two-way street.

berny_74

• The IceWall! Beat that
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2011, 08:50:55 PM »
I don't care. I am not making an unreasonable request of you. Respect is a two-way street.

The people there are more concerned with spearing zebras for dinner, knitting loincloths, and coming to terms with a permanent body oder. They are not interested in studying alternative world models.

Berny
You really want to respect a person who says this?
To be fair, sometimes what FE'ers say makes so little sense that it's hard to come up with a rebuttal.
Moonlight is good for you.

Moon squirter

• Ding dong!
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2011, 10:41:16 PM »
LOL As I've said before, Tom has got a future job as president Palin's foreign policy advisor, if he wants it. 
I haven't performed it and I've never claimed to. I've have trouble being in two places at the same time.

« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2011, 01:19:32 AM »
Could you, just for once, give us a map of FE which you think would be the reference one?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2011, 04:57:40 PM »
The biggest flaw with the FE "idea" is atmospheric containment. If the Earth was a flat finite disc, then airplanes would not be able to fly above the lowest point of this ice barrier. Due to UA or gravity, the atmosphere would flow outward and around the edge of the Earth. The atmosphere would reach a point to where it was contained at the lowest point of the ice barrier. There is no detectable aether that would contain such atmosphere. The aether would not even be able to contain the denser material of the atmosphere and would have to be smaller and lighter than neutrinos to have avoided detection. There are no other explanations for an atmosphere existing at higher altitudes on a FE unless you consider Earth to be an infinite plane which is more absurd than a FE.

The problems associated with an infinite Earth are tremendous, such as the spotlight sun illuminating all of the infinite Earth, or how the governments involved in the conspiracy must continue to kill all of the explorers trying to reach us from the other side of the barrier. Mainly if Earth was infinite, then we should be contacted by civilizations on the other side. At least we would have proof of their radio and TV signals.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2011, 09:38:41 AM »

The problems associated with an infinite Earth are tremendous, such as the spotlight sun illuminating all of the infinite Earth,
This does not happen, nor is there a spotlight sun in all infinite earth models.
or how the governments involved in the conspiracy must continue to kill all of the explorers trying to reach us from the other side of the barrier.
There is no conspiracy.
Mainly if Earth was infinite, then we should be contacted by civilizations on the other side.
Sorry, there is such a thing as the speed of light.
At least we would have proof of their radio and TV signals.
And how would we distinguish an alien's signals from static?  Assuming their civilization was close enough, alive during the same period, used radio waves, advanced to the point they could use radio waves, and that they existed in the first place.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2011, 04:16:19 AM »
How an infinite plane would exist and have been created?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »
How an infinite plane would exist and have been created?
How would it exist?  Can you clarify what you mean by this?

There are two basic ideas concerning the creation of the infinite plane.  Evidence seems to point towards it having always existed.

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2011, 10:33:40 AM »
What evidence? There's no evidence of that.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2011, 12:38:47 PM »
CBR, for one.

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »
CBR, for one.

CBR? Comic Book Resources? Oh... you mean the CMBR, the cosmic microwave background radiation. Can you explain how the CMBR is evidence that the Earth is an infinite plane. Please provide evidence that can be tested. A mathematical model would even suffice. I would be more than happy to pick apart any mathematics you may provide.

Quote from: John Davis
There is no conspiracy.

This is even better because we can now show you photos taken by NASA and Russian space agencies of the round finite Earth. Unless of course you believe any photos we provide have been altered or computer generated which would imply a conspiracy. But you say there isn't a conspiracy.... You have completely discredited yourself....

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2011, 02:47:42 PM »
There is no conspiracy.

This is even better because we can now show you photos taken by NASA and Russian space agencies of the round finite Earth.
How did you manage to reach this silly conclusion?
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »
There is no conspiracy.

This is even better because we can now show you photos taken by NASA and Russian space agencies of the round finite Earth.
How did you manage to reach this silly conclusion?

Well PizzaPlanet, the only reason why FErs don't take photographic evidence of the Earth is due to a conspiracy which alters these photographs or produces them using computer graphic techniques. To say there is no conspiracy is to admit that the photographic evidence is real. Otherwise, to say they are faked is to imply there is a conspiracy. This is all very simply logic PizzaPlanet which, according to your statement, seems to be beyond your cognitive abilities.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 03:24:37 PM by EllipsoidEarthSupporter »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2011, 08:36:06 PM »
CBR, for one.

CBR? Comic Book Resources? Oh... you mean the CMBR, the cosmic microwave background radiation. Can you explain how the CMBR is evidence that the Earth is an infinite plane. Please provide evidence that can be tested. A mathematical model would even suffice. I would be more than happy to pick apart any mathematics you may provide.

There is no conspiracy.

This is even better because we can now show you photos taken by NASA and Russian space agencies of the round finite Earth. Unless of course you believe any photos we provide have been altered or computer generated which would imply a conspiracy. But you say there isn't a conspiracy.... You have completely discredited yourself....
I am insulted by your insinuation based off of no evidence of my belief in some crazy conspiracy.  You are being a prejudiced bigot and you should be ashamed.  I will no longer entertain any notion of pleasant discourse with you in the future.

« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »
CBR, for one.

There is no conspiracy.

I am insulted by your insinuation based off of no evidence of my belief in some crazy conspiracy.  You are being a prejudiced bigot and you should be ashamed.  I will no longer entertain any notion of pleasant discourse with you in the future.

It was PizzaPlanet who insulted me by proposing that my statement was silly without thinking about the full consequence of my argument. I am insulted by your blatant denial of such photographic evidence while enforcing that your beliefs are true without providing evidence or a mathematical model from which I can analyze. You claim that this infinite Earth is shaped spherically due to the effect that space has on light while providing no evidence or proof. Post some physics that I can examine which will allow me to perform my own experiments to either validate or invalidate your claims, or admit that you do not have a valid scientific theory and that your argument is purely speculative.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:21:51 PM by EllipsoidEarthSupporter »