planes making a round of the earth

• 8 Replies
planes making a round of the earth
« on: November 02, 2011, 07:42:12 AM »
Hello to all,

I am new here, and I am very interested in the subject.

Sorry for asking a question which has probably been already asked (I've checked to FAQ but I haven't found an answer) but I have the following problem:

how is explained in the FE theory the fact that a plane flying without changing direction come back to the starting point?
I guess it should arrive to the wall of ice (i.e. the boundary of the disk)...and what after that?

Thank you very much!

Re: planes making a round of the earth
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:24:55 AM »
Hello,

When a plane circles the disc, it appears to go in a straight line returning it to the place it departed from. The same goes for a ship.
If it where to head far enough to the south (as far as we know know one has)
it would eventually cross the barrier that our sphereical sun no longer shines, this area must be extremely cold.

Oh and by the way, the ice wall is a metaphor for this area, there is no "actual" wall that we know of. People will  post pictures of ice shelfs off Antartica, but since Antartica has been fully mapped and explored it is not "an ice wall".
It would be very Unzetetic to think otherwise

Thank you for your post, i hope you enjoy your stay.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:49:58 AM »
Thank you for your answer, but I am still a little confused.

Let a plane  flying from north pole to the south direction: in the flat earth map it goes like a ray starting from the centre of the disc which will eventually reach the boundary of the disc. Can't it go on? Do you mean that it would be prevented from going on by the absence of the sun and the cold??

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »
it is not fully understood, but a common thoery is that a plane could not travel much further beyond the lit portions boundary, beyond would just be to cold, no "lift" could be created.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:52:21 AM »
I see... so, a way to disprove if not the FE theory at least the current explanation would be showing that a plane can go south without stopping...did this never happen?

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
i believe this would be an impossible task to fly that far south.
i do not believe anyone has attempted and lived.
but yes, if someone did fly due south and ended up eventually flying north this may show a weakness in a disc earth theory, but in my opinion it would be foolish to attempt, why risk lives?

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 12:48:15 PM »
i believe this would be an impossible task to fly that far south.
i do not believe anyone has attempted and lived.
but yes, if someone did fly due south and ended up eventually flying north this may show a weakness in a disc earth theory, but in my opinion it would be foolish to attempt, why risk lives?

The gain would outweigh the risk.
You, sir, can't comprehend the idea of bottoms.

flatearthsocietyftw

• I can see off the edge of the Earth from my house.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 01:46:21 PM »
it would become necessary to prove that navigational equipment kept the vessel (be it plane or ship, bicycle, camel or what have you) on the correct course. it can be difficult to do so, as a range of weather patterns and other obstacles can cause the vessel to stray from a direct track.
come render the salad unto caesar

?

Tgor

• Universe Accelerator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »
You could bring a Flat Earther on the plane with you, they might not agree because of tthe risk to their life but it is a possibility. 
I dont care what you think as long as it's about me.