The all-new conspiracy theory!

• 361 Replies
Re: The all-new conspiracy theory!
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 10:40:15 AM »
you do not have a "vast body of evidence", tom; you have 2 books, which contradict every other book ever written!
Doesn't contradict Moby Dick.

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 10:44:23 AM »
1.About the taxi drivers, you fail. It's not about purpose, retard, its about skill. You need far more skill to pilot a plane, than a taxi. They also are required to report in those distances, in case they go off course, so airports can find out what went wrong.

2. So you admit to attempting to lie when you stated that. You attempted to pass that off as proof that I was wrong. Fail 2.0

3. So, they noticed the delay, and were so stupid that they didn't report it in, and didn't realize the implications of this? They didn't get confused? They didn't think what on Earth was going on? The people who picked them up from the airport never realized that being 20 hours late was horrible?

4. The delay would be that bad from Sydney to Pretoria. Think about it, or give me the map to prove it.

Doesn't contradict Moby Dick.

Chuckles :D
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »
so if you tried to take a taxi from new york to los angeles, the cabbie wouldn't notice?

oh, and flying an airplane is much more complicated than driving a car.
i've read that one of the tests pilots must take is "the bag": flying with the windshield COVERED, entirely dependent on the navigational instruments.

don't you think someone would notice if ALL NAVIGATIONAL INSTRUMENTS were inaccurate?!

also, the most common map is the "mercator projection" map, which makes the equator look like a straight line, which doesn't really fit either model.

one more thing: for a short trip, say 50 miles, it wouldn't matter which kind of map was used. but for a 2,000 mile trip...

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 10:58:18 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH! You fail Tom. Have you ever flown an f'ing Cesna, let alone a commercial plane? It's not a taxicab. Ask engy.
As much as it pains me to agree with Tom, I feel the same way.  Sure flying is fun and requires a crapload of skill and knowledge, but pilots are really nothing more than glorified bus drivers.  Except fighter pilots.  They are full of win.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

fshy94

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 10:59:57 AM »
In purpose, but not skill. He implied that you guys would be so stupid, as to not realize the implications of a flight taking 3 times longer than it normally would. Then he used the taxicab driver analogy.

The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 11:24:18 AM »
As much as it pains me to agree with Tom, I feel the same way.  Sure flying is fun and requires a crapload of skill and knowledge, but pilots are really nothing more than glorified bus drivers.  Except fighter pilots.  They are full of win.

;D  They are indeed.

?

fshy94

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »
So no-one has an answer?

^^LOL!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 11:31:11 AM »
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

?

fshy94

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
But it is concentric. You do have mockups without scales, right? I've seen em. And the tropics are concentric. Which means south of the equator, the distance is wider. Much wider. Oh, and flight tracking? Here.

http://www.flightstats.com/

^^LOL!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 11:38:16 AM »
But it is concentric. You do have mockups without scales, right? I've seen em. And the tropics are concentric. Which means south of the equator, the distance is wider. Much wider. Oh, and flight tracking? Here.

http://www.flightstats.com/

Those are just to illustrate the idea of the north pole being the center.  They aren't to any sort of scale and aren't meant to be accurate in any way.  They are simply to illustrate the concept, as I understand it.

?

fshy94

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »
But the tropics are still concentric. It is impossible for it to work on the same map as a RE. Either flights would take several times longer, or the Earth is round. Since the former is not observed, it is a safe conclusion that the latter is true.

^^LOL!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »
Hrm I've been using the wrong word.  Transcontinental.  Opps.

Anyways, I agree, the FE map is borked.  Its the area in which the theory is the weakest, imo.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »
If NASA has never been to space and simply fakes their data to win the space race/get funding/maintain the illusion of America's militaristic domination of space, then how would they know that the earth is flat?

Anyone even slightly familiar with the Space Race knows that NASA created in the 50's by the military to get its tools of death and destruction (ICBM's) in the public eye and to intimidate foreign nations with America's space capabilities. A country with a space program, or at least the appearance of one, is a considerable foe indeed.

I'm wondering what line of thinking went into your flip-flop from being absolutely positive that a conspiracy with the purpose of covering up the shape of the earth to being absolutely positive that the conspiracy is only over the space race and the conspirators know nothing about the shape of the earth.

I've never said that the purpose of the Conspiracy was to cover up the shape of the earth. Why would anyone want to cover up the shape of the earth? That's stupid.

Yes you have.  You were carrying on the tradition of the International Flat Earth Society, whose official opinion was that the conspiracy was intended to cover up the shape of the earth.  Being a bunch of religious zealots, of course, their reasoning was anti-Christian sentiment; your reasoning never really made much sense. 
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Germanicus

• Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 12:52:20 PM »
Tom, if you have the books why don't you upload a map from them?

?

Germanicus

• Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2008, 01:16:29 PM »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 01:19:25 PM »
I've never said that the purpose of the Conspiracy was to cover up the shape of the earth. Why would anyone want to cover up the shape of the earth? That's stupid.

Okay.  Here's where you say the conspiracy started long before the space race:
Over a century before NASA the Round Earth Conspiracy was perpetuated by the Royal Astronomical Society. It began as the Astronomical Society of London in 1820 as a dummy organization to support astronomical research. It later became the Royal Astronomical Society in 1831 on receiving its Royal Charter from William IV.

The Royal Astronomical Society was a notoriously corrupt entity, often abusing science grants to produce round earth fiction. It's members were among the upperclass elite, most of whom had little in the way of educated backgrounds. The content presented by the Royal Astronomical Society was pure fiction, full of holes and fallacies.

The Royal Astronomical Society benefited financially from royal science grants and sales of its fictitious publications. In its time, the fame of the Royal Astronomical Society reached all parts of the world. Its scientific publications were known for breaking new ground and entertaining the public with descriptions of the universe. By latching onto the then radical Round Earth theory, the Royal Astronomical Society was able to inspire wonder and interest in its unique publications which seemed to describe how gravity worked and the true shape of the earth.
Please note the name you gave to the conspiracy in the first line (I made it nice and bold to make sure you'd be able to find it).  You can find that quote here.

Here's one where you claim that the US knows the true shape of the earth (a direct contradiction to your current claim):
Only the US operates at altitudes necessary to discern whether or not the earth is truly a globe.

Finally, here's one where you tie Antarctica into the conspiracy (which wouldn't make logical sense under your current interpretation of the conspiracy):
Actually, since the turn of the 20th century, it wasn't uncommon for Antarctic explorers to turn up dead or missing.

Robert F. Scott, for example, was murdered while exploring Antarctica.

So, again:
I'm wondering what line of thinking went into your flip-flop from being absolutely positive that a conspiracy with the purpose of covering up the shape of the earth to being absolutely positive that the conspiracy is only over the space race and the conspirators know nothing about the shape of the earth.

Care to quit bullshitting and actually provide a legitimate answer, or are you willing to admit that this flub exposes you as a fraud and destroys your credibility?  ???
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:23:52 PM by The Great God Roundy »

?

fshy94

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »
Well done Roundy and Germanicus. Yes, that map clearly shows that it thinks that the distance from New York to London is less than three times the distance from Santiago to Pretoria. Not observed. The prediction thinks that the travel time should take twice as long as it is. I don't recall planes being consistently 8 hours later, at least. Check the flight statistics on that website.

^^LOL!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2008, 01:36:58 PM »
3. So, they noticed the delay, and were so stupid that they didn't report it in, and didn't realize the implications of this? They didn't get confused? They didn't think what on Earth was going on? The people who picked them up from the airport never realized that being 20 hours late was horrible?

I'm sure they realized the delay. But what are they going to do, call the presses and change the shape of the earth?

Before the 50's NASA existed as the RAS. Just because they were faking data and collecting science grants back then, it doesn't mean that they knew the true shape of the earth.

How would they?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2008, 01:38:55 PM »
The prediction thinks that the travel time should take twice as long as it is.

An automatically generated prediction based upon a RE map does not mean that there isn't going to be a delay after the flight departs.

How would a computer system know whether or not there is going to be a delay? That's nothing more than a prediction.

Any evidence must be in the form of testimonials from people who have actually flown on those Southern Hemisphere flights.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:48:49 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

fshy94

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
Look, have you ever heard of speed * time = distance? OK, planes travel at 500 MPH. Now, the distance on an RE is at least 4000 miles shorter. The prediction is made on RE, so they predict say....10 hour flight. Now, FE predicts 18 hours. Flights usually arrive within 1 hour of the estimated time. What can you deduce from this, retard?

^^LOL!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 01:42:09 PM »
Fshy I found Rowbot's map

That's not Rowbotham's accurate map. That's just a proof-of-concept illustration which appeared in one of his books. Dr. Rowbotham later compiled a highly detailed map based upon nautical records and first hand accounts which is reprinted in "Flat Earth: The History of an Infamous Idea."

?

fshy94

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 01:43:16 PM »
Good. You have it, I take it? Give it to me or shut up.

^^LOL!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »

I'm sure they realized the delay. But what are they going to do, call the presses and change the shape of the earth?

Before the 50's NASA existed as the RAS. Just because they were faking data and collecting science grants back then, it doesn't mean that they knew the true shape of the earth.

How would they?
lol.  You called it the "Round Earth Conspiracy".   :D And you've conveniently avoided the rest of my post.

I love how clear it is that you're just making this up as you go along.

I can see the zipper now, Tom.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 01:44:09 PM »
Look, have you ever heard of speed * time = distance? OK, planes travel at 500 MPH. Now, the distance on an RE is at least 4000 miles shorter. The prediction is made on RE, so they predict say....10 hour flight. Now, FE predicts 18 hours. Flights usually arrive within 1 hour of the estimated time. What can you deduce from this, retard?

Like I said, I've been on flights which have been delayed by a number of hours.

What evidence do you have showing that the flights in the Southern Hemisphere don't experience delays?

?

fshy94

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2008, 01:45:27 PM »
Look, idiot, like I said before, its not a f'ing delay. According to the FE model, THERE CAN BE NO FLIGHTS WHICH ARRIVE ON TIME???!?!?!?!? Do you get it now, you blasted idiot?!?!

^^LOL!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 01:47:15 PM »
Look, idiot, like I said before, its not a f'ing delay. According to the FE model, THERE CAN BE NO FLIGHTS WHICH ARRIVE ON TIME???!?!?!?!? Do you get it now, you blasted idiot?!?!

So how can you prove that a flight between the southern continents in the Southern Hemisphere would arrive on time?

?

fshy94

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2008, 01:49:02 PM »
The website I gave you  ;D You're far too predictable. Previous page. Allow me to say it before you...conspiracy ::)

Furthermore, go get on a plane, in the Southern hemisphere, and you're entire theory is over. So now, I present, proof of the curvature of the Earth. At last, a testable result.

^^LOL!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »
The website I gave you  ;D You're far too predictable. Previous page. Allow me to say it before you...conspiracy ::)

I don't see any data supporting your model of the earth on that website. All data on that website seems to support the Flat Earth model.

?

fshy94

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2008, 01:51:20 PM »
Erm...look at the website, and show me flights which all appear 8 hours late. I'd like to see the load of delays there. Go ahead, liar, show me.

^^LOL!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »
Why would anyone want to cover up the shape of the earth? That's stupid.

Over a century before NASA the Round Earth Conspiracy was perpetuated by the Royal Astronomical Society. It began as the Astronomical Society of London in 1820 as a dummy organization to support astronomical research. It later became the Royal Astronomical Society in 1831 on receiving its Royal Charter from William IV.

Before the 50's NASA existed as the RAS.

;D

What was the RAS covering up, exactly?