When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

JackBlack

Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1380 on: August 30, 2019, 05:41:08 AM »
Ask them why, Earth’s shape is never uniform in these photos. Why? These are logical questions the Globe community must address and get an answer from NASA.
No they aren't.
These are questions you should be asking photographers, or just by going outside.
You are using cropped photos from various distances.
It isn't surprising that Earth looks different in them.
It is like taking 2 pictures of a ball, cropping them to show different sections of the ball, then complaining they don't show the same section.

Once again you are not showing a problem with a RE, you are showing a problem with yourself. Either you have no idea what you are talking about or are blatantly lying.

The Clouds don't move.
The clouds do move. You ignoring reality wont change it.

The back side of the moon is dark but should be lit up like a full moon.
Again, it is lit up. You ignoring these facts won't magically make them go away.

The Moon is keeping up with Earth's rotation.
No it isn't. It is merely passing between Earth and the satellite.
There is literally no reason to magically jump to it keeping up with Earth's rotation.

This is what a Full Moon looks like
In a dark night sky with a particular exposure setting and white balance.
Earth reflects much more light than the moon. If you had the same exposure settings Earth would be completely washed out.
Also, it shouldn't appear the same as from Earth as it is the other side of the moon, and as the moon is the only thing in your picture, it wouldn't be surprising for the camera to auto-adjust to make it white.

So yet again, no problem with a RE, and absolutely nothing to indicate these pictures are fake.

These images were taken between 3:50 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. EDT showing the moon moving over the Pacific Ocean near North America.
I take it your plan is to ignore the other information provided on the page and pretend they were taken on the date the image was published and thus claim the moon should have been over Europe at that time and it should have been a full moon?

The page clearly states they were taken in 2015.
If you bother looking you can find this page:
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/from-a-million-miles-away-nasa-camera-shows-moon-crossing-face-of-earth
Or this one:
https://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/galleries/2015/lunar_transit
Which both state quite clearly that it was taken on July 16.
So we see that it should be from 1550 to 2045, on July 16, 2015.
So if we do an honest search we get this:

So no issue there.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:44:17 AM by JackBlack »

« Reply #1381 on: August 30, 2019, 06:08:05 AM »
Haha
I think plata is done.
Hes gone from looks flat to water finds level to mirages and optics to history lessons to geavity and now fianly nasa conspiracy.
All roads lead to conspiracy.

And maybe hes run out of nonsesen arguments?

« Reply #1382 on: August 30, 2019, 06:20:32 AM »
I ref to dark side of moon being not bright enough - https://images.app.goo.gl/iBuB5SQ7WKQRqX57A

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1383 on: August 30, 2019, 06:26:37 AM »
It’s no different than looking up at the Moon 5’ from the equator and walking 5’ across and looking up again without turning north. It's all about "Orientation". Deal with it!

It isn't just a question of perspective,  FE doesn't work.

If the moon were just 50 km wide and 5000 km high, two observers separated by 10.000 km of flat disk looking at the moon at the same time would just see different parts of the moon. The observers would be at 90° angle from the moon.

In FE there would be almost not far side of the moon, as most of the moon would be visible from the earth.

In reality two observers in S.America and N.America 10.000 km away from each other see the same side of the moon, just upside down as RE predicts. In reality there's a far side of the moon that we never see from earth and it's roughly half of the moon.

Here's the demonstration:

Now go post some more ISS pictures.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

« Reply #1384 on: August 30, 2019, 06:28:45 AM »
Plata doesnt understand scale.
5ft from either side of equator is not very far.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #1385 on: August 30, 2019, 10:55:57 AM »

Quote from: Plat Terra
And are you willing to be questioned in detail about the video? After all you posted it as if was truth.
I posted an animation of known provenance,  NASA! I'll answer what I can but I didn't make it.

OK,
Are you able to show on the picture from what direction the Sun’s light is being cast on the alleged sphere Earth? Exactly where is the Sun in relation to Earth and the camera taking the pictures?

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #1386 on: August 30, 2019, 11:15:19 AM »
What do you mean by"alleged shpere"??

Judging by the shadow terminator on the moon, I would say the sun is just slightly to 8:00 and obviously behind the camera.

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #1387 on: August 30, 2019, 11:57:11 AM »
You do understand the phases of the moon, right?

I know how they would work on a Globe Earth better than you! What do you think got me wondering "Something is not right"? It began many years ago and long before I believed in a Plane Earth.
I doubt that, but you're most likely trolling since you seem to continually try to outdo yourself on how dumb you can be.  Your inability to understand anything about how cameras work as demonstrated over the last few pages backs my statement.

But sure, let's hear it.  Why do you think there is a problem with the phases of the moon?

*Yep, doing too many things at once.  Gotta remove the other one I guess.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 04:30:04 PM by 29silhouette »

Plat Terra

« Reply #1388 on: August 30, 2019, 11:59:18 AM »
It’s no different than looking up at the Moon 5’ from the equator and walking 5’ across and looking up again without turning north. It's all about "Orientation". Deal with it!

If the moon were just 50 km wide and 5000 km high, two observers separated by 10.000 km of flat disk looking at the moon at the same time would just see different parts of the moon. The observers would be at 90° angle from the moon.

In FE there would be almost not far side of the moon, as most of the moon would be visible from the earth.

In reality two observers in S.America and N.America 10.000 km away from each other see the same side of the moon, just upside down as RE predicts. In reality there's a far side of the moon that we never see from earth and it's roughly half of the moon.

Are you familiar with refraction?

You should take some time a look at refraction from another point of view.

Flat Earth Documentary: Refraction Experiments and FAQ by Research Royal Rife

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 12:26:50 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Yes

« Reply #1389 on: August 30, 2019, 12:08:55 PM »
I doubt that, but you're most likely trolling since you seem to continually try to outdo yourself on how dumb you can be.
This is my conclusion as well.  Or, as a genuine nutcase like Wise would say, he's controlled opposition.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

« Reply #1390 on: August 30, 2019, 12:39:47 PM »
It’s basically Flat Earther Whack-a-Mole.

It doesn’t matter how hard you bring down the mallet, another one pops up.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1391 on: August 30, 2019, 01:02:45 PM »

In the real world lights bends towards the normal when it enters a medium with higher refractive index (denser medium). The atmosphere is denser than vacuum, lower atmosphere layers are also denser than higher. Light entering the atmosphere will therefore bend towards the normal.

Refraction will allow the observers in S.America and N.America to see even further on their side of the moon. But not to see the same side of the moon. So your problem is now bigger than before. Refraction doesn't solve your problem, but it makes it bigger.

Once again. In reality:
- all observers on the earth see the same side of the moon and same phase
- Image is inverted  South vs North hemispheres

This is not possible to solve in FE model.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1392 on: August 30, 2019, 01:06:49 PM »

In the real world lights bends towards the normal when it enters a medium with higher refractive index (denser medium). The atmosphere is denser than vacuum, lower atmosphere layers are also denser than higher. Light entering the atmosphere will therefore bend towards the normal.

Refraction will allow the observers in S.America and N.America to see even further on their side of the moon. But not to see the same side of the moon. So your problem is now bigger than before. Refraction doesn't solve your problem, but it makes it bigger.

Once again. In reality:
- all observers on the earth see the same side of the moon and same phase
- Image is inverted  South vs North hemispheres

This is not possible to solve in FE model.

Now try it with a concave disk facing downward.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 01:08:27 PM by Plat Terra »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1393 on: August 30, 2019, 01:10:23 PM »

The earth is a concave disk? the moon is a concave disk? which concave disk?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1394 on: August 30, 2019, 01:14:05 PM »

The issue was the moon.

« Reply #1395 on: August 30, 2019, 01:14:44 PM »
You do understand the phases of the moon, right?

I know how they would work on a Globe Earth better than you! What do you think got me wondering "Something is not right"? It began many years ago and long before I believed in a Plane Earth.
I doubt that, but you're most likely trolling since you seem to continually try to outdo yourself on how dumb you can be.  Your (You even seem to have trouble understanding the difference between that and "you're") inability to understand anything about how cameras work as demonstrated over the last few pages backs my statement.

But sure, let's here it.  Why do you think there is a problem with the phases of the moon?

Hahah
Careful theyre.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1396 on: August 30, 2019, 01:54:12 PM »

The issue was the moon.

Ok, so you see this and you say "Look that's a concave disk facing down"? really?

Anyway, a concave disk is even worse. Only people directly under the moon would see the moon as a circle, the rest would see an ellipsoid. For everyone to see a circle moon it has to be sphere. Flip a coin 45°, does still look like a circle?

Look at this:
Greenland, West Africa and Mexico see the same moon side, same phase. If its full moon they see all see a circle. If its first quarter they will see the moon right side.
Brazil sees the same moon but inverted. If its full moon they see all see a circle. If its first quarter they will see the moon left side.

How is this possible with your disk facing down? The moon is the middle, three places see the same, one place sees it inverted.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 02:03:18 PM by kopfverderber »

« Reply #1397 on: August 30, 2019, 02:13:59 PM »
Can anyone here tell me what else is wrong with this NASA official imagery Rab posted?  It's more than just a fake moon, clouds that don’t move and the speed of the Moon in relation to Earth’s rotation.

What more is there?  Have a close look.

These images were taken between 3:50 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. EDT showing the moon moving over the Pacific Ocean near North America.

NASA SCIENCE, SOLAR SYSTEM EXPLORATION: Face of Earth

Source: NASA/NOAA
Published: January 30, 2018
Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) satellite's EPIC maintains a constant view of the fully illuminated Earth as it rotates,
providing scientific observations of ozone, vegetation, cloud height and aerosols in the atmosphere.

Yes. The scale between the Earth and moon in this video is totally utterly wrong.

The moon is about a quarter the size of the Earth and 30 earth diameters away from the Earth.

If you look at the Earth rise photos taken from the moon during the Apollo missions, the earth looks about 4 times bigger in the lunar sky than the moon looks from the earth sky. You can still see plenty of space around the earth.

So, how is it possible to get imagery from outside the moon's orbit around the Earth, which depicts the moon to scale one quarter the size of Earth, passing between the Earth and the viewer at 384, 400 km away from Earth?

Due to perspective, the moon must eclipse the earth, and yet it doesn't. If you were standing on that moon's surface in the video, the earth would take up the entire sky and block out all space. All you would be able to see is blue earth.

The video is wrong. Plat tera is right. It doesn't look right because it isn't right.

If you don't understand what I am talking about, make yourself a scale model of the earth and moon, and move your moon 30 Earth diameters away from your earth. Now, try and recreate this image of the moon passing in front of the earth as in the video, from further away still, from your moon, where earth dwarfs the moon like in the video.

You won't be able to. The video is either a fake, or an educational video manipulation, to show the earth and moon to scale, passing one another, with the dark side of the moon facing the viewer.

« Reply #1398 on: August 30, 2019, 02:32:01 PM »
Can anyone here tell me what else is wrong with this NASA official imagery Rab posted?  It's more than just a fake moon, clouds that don’t move and the speed of the Moon in relation to Earth’s rotation.

Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) satellite's EPIC maintains a constant view of the fully illuminated Earth as it rotates,
providing scientific observations of ozone, vegetation, cloud height and aerosols in the atmosphere.

Yes. The scale between the Earth and moon in this video is totally utterly wrong.

The moon is about a quarter the size of the Earth and 30 earth diameters away from the Earth.

If you look at the Earth rise photos taken from the moon during the Apollo missions, the earth looks about 4 times bigger in the lunar sky than the moon looks from the earth sky. You can still see plenty of space around the earth.

So, how is it possible to get imagery from outside the moon's orbit around the Earth, which depicts the moon to scale one quarter the size of Earth, passing between the Earth and the viewer at 384, 400 km away from Earth?

Due to perspective, the moon must eclipse the earth, and yet it doesn't. If you were standing on that moon's surface in the video, the earth would take up the entire sky and block out all space. All you would be able to see is blue earth.

The video is wrong. Plat tera is right. It doesn't look right because it isn't right.

If you don't understand what I am talking about, make yourself a scale model of the earth and moon, and move your moon 30 Earth diameters away from your earth. Now, try and recreate this image of the moon passing in front of the earth as in the video, from further away still, from your moon, where earth dwarfs the moon like in the video.

You won't be able to. The video is either a fake, or an educational video manipulation, to show the earth and moon to scale, passing one another, with the dark side of the moon facing the viewer.

Nooooo!

Sunset has defected!  How can this be?

It’s not fake.   The Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) is in a Lissajous orbit at the Sun–Earth L1 Lagrangian point.

It’s really quite a long way out, and zoomed into the Earth/Moon making the scales exactly what they should be.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1399 on: August 30, 2019, 02:48:57 PM »

Nooooo!

Sunset has defected!  How can this be?

It’s not fake.   The Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) is in a Lissajous orbit at the Sun–Earth L1 Lagrangian point.

It’s really quite a long way out, and zoomed into the Earth/Moon making the scales exactly what they should be.

"What is EPIC?
EPIC (Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera) is a 10-channel spectroradiometer (317 – 780 nm) onboard NOAA’s DSCOVR (Deep Space Climate Observatory) spacecraft. EPIC provides 10 narrow band spectral images of the entire sunlit face of Earth using a 2048x2048 pixel CCD (Charge Coupled Device) detector coupled to a 30-cm aperture Cassegrain telescope (Figure 1).

The DSCOVR spacecraft is located at the Earth-Sun Lagrange-1 (L-1) point giving EPIC a unique angular perspective that will be used in science applications to measure ozone, aerosols, cloud reflectivity, cloud height, vegetation properties, and UV radiation estimates at Earth's surface.

Field of view that EPIC sees

The EPIC instrument has a field of view (FOV) of 0.62 degrees, which is sufficient to image the entire Earth, which has a nominal size of 0.5 degrees. Because of the tilted (Lissajous) orbit about the L‐1 point, the apparent angular size of the Earth changes during the 6-month orbital period from 0.45 to 0.53 degrees."

https://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/about/epic

It’s not a ‘naked eye’ image. It’s taken through a telescope, telephoto lens. Zoomed in or zoomed out, different angular perspective views are achieved. Much like this famous shot:

?

frenat

« Reply #1400 on: August 30, 2019, 02:50:46 PM »

Or you could realize it is zoomed in from a large distance and is still right.

similar effect seen here
https://i.imgur.com/8Tg5bP3.gifv
the truck doesn't move relative to the barn. Only the lens and position of the photographer changes.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 02:55:30 PM by frenat »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1401 on: August 30, 2019, 02:52:03 PM »

And are you willing to be questioned in detail about the video? After all you posted it as if was truth.
I posted an animation of known provenance,  NASA! I'll answer what I can but I didn't make it.

OK,
Are you able to show on the picture from what direction the Sun’s light is being cast on the alleged sphere Earth? Exactly where is the Sun in relation to Earth and the camera taking the pictures?

Sure, I don't know about "exactly" but I estimate from the bottom left, at a guess about 30° below the horizontal. Got a problem with that?
I won't try to guess what angle the sun might be from the line joining the EPIC telescope to the earth.

PS NASA's technical and scientific would each be far smarter and more capable than you.

?

frenat

« Reply #1402 on: August 30, 2019, 02:52:53 PM »
Since Plat Terra is seemingly afraid to post his arguments in a thread they can be discussed, this is from the meme thread

Just further proof he is either extremely ignorant or a troll.

« Reply #1403 on: August 30, 2019, 02:58:14 PM »
I hate to be too harsh on Sunset.

This seems to be an example of how anyone can jump to conclusions, because things aren’t always as simple as we imagine.

So let’s give him a chance to repent his sins.  Repent! 

Sunset- Purge yourself of this dismissal of evidence.  The power of Christ compels you!  The power of Christ compels you!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1404 on: August 30, 2019, 03:03:11 PM »
Since Plat Terra is seemingly afraid to post his arguments in a thread they can be discussed, this is from the meme thread

I don't even get what he trying to get at. Memes are supposed to be terse and pointed. His just get muddier and muddier to the point that I can't tell what the argument is.

JackBlack

« Reply #1405 on: August 30, 2019, 03:03:44 PM »

If 2 objects have a fixed distance between them, then as you get further away from them, the effect of perspective making the distance object smaller than the nearer one gets less and less significant.

As an example, if the distance between the objects is 1, and you are 1 unit away from the near one as well, then assuming they were the same size, the distant one will appear 1/2 the size of the near one.
But if you move to 100 times the distance, then the far one will appear roughly 100/101=0.99 times the size.

If the further object is 4 times as large, then you just multiply by 4.

This satellite is roughly 1 million miles away from the Earth. That puts it roughly 760 000 miles from the moon, or 0.76 million miles.
So the relative ratio is 0.76.
So Earth, instead of appearing 4 times as large as the moon should only appear roughly 3 times as large.
And that is roughly what it is.

So no, there is nothing wrong with this.

Note:
Some more accurate numbers based upon the actual numbers (but still not proper trig)
The expected ratio is ~2.72342
The observed ratio is 2.27279

So I would say that is a pretty good match.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 03:16:34 PM by JackBlack »

?

frenat

« Reply #1406 on: August 30, 2019, 03:04:34 PM »

I don't even get what he trying to get at. Memes are supposed to be terse and pointed. His just get muddier and muddier to the point that I can't tell what the argument is.
by now I'm just assuming his point is that he doesn't understand the subject at all. It's really a cry for help.

JackBlack

« Reply #1407 on: August 30, 2019, 03:09:26 PM »
While I can't do it exactly, I can do it approximately, with a justification.
This satellite is in an "orbit" around the Earth-Sun L1.
This puts it almost directly between the Earth and the sun.
As the camera is pointing to Earth, that means the sun is roughly behind it.

So something that doesn't match reality at all?
The problem is to expand it to all of Earth and include the observed setting of the moon, your fictitious concave lens would need to go into Earth, and in different location.

You don't need refraction to make it work for a FE.
You need magical bendy light which bends in order to make Earth appear round.
You need nature itself conspiring against you.

Or are you just trying to have the moon work to present the same view regardless?
That doesn't work either.
The only way to have that is if the moon was a perfectly regular sphere with no surface features.

The problem is that in order to have the moon appear roughly the same to every one you need to have it very far away such that the change in position is insignificant compared to the distance to the moon.
But this then creates the problem of the moon should be in roughly the same direction for everyone.
That means the apparent change in angle of elevation needs to be the result of the surface of Earth being a different angle.
That means Earth can't be flat.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1408 on: August 30, 2019, 03:24:10 PM »
While I can't do it exactly, I can do it approximately, with a justification.
This satellite is in an "orbit" around the Earth-Sun L1.
This puts it almost directly between the Earth and the sun.
As the camera is pointing to Earth, that means the sun is roughly behind it.

Looks roughly like this:

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1409 on: August 30, 2019, 03:35:01 PM »

Yes, probably far more than you!

Photo of unknown something!
No source or even explanation so I'll ignore that photo until you explain it, quote it's source and tell us what gas was used!

• I am not wading through 1 hour and 9 minutes of Jeranism trash! Either you summarise the main point YOU want to make or forget it!

• The bit I looked at was totally deceptive trash to feed jeranism's ignorant sheepies!
For example, he starts by saying the hydrogen has a higher refractive index than helium.
This is true and, at 0° C and 1 atm: H2's is 1.000132 and He's is 1.000036, but the refractive index of ordinary air is higher at 1.000293.

Then those values are at 1-atmosphere pressure and at higher altitudes they rapidly closer to that of a vacuum or simply 1.0000. So that video is irrelevant.

Atmospheric refraction has been carefully studied especially by astronomers siince the time of Tycho Brahe.
This is the sort of refraction caused by the full thickness of the atmosphere for various angles away from the vertical:

You might note that at 45° from the vertical the deviation from the vertical is only about one minute of arc.

So, forget your silly excuse of refraction explaining why people in South America and in USA could see the same face of the moon with the moon only about 3000 miles high!

This sort of observation kills your 3000-mile high moon (or sun, planets and stars) stone dead!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:52:29 PM by rabinoz »