Clearing the Muddle that is Jesus

• 1007 Replies
Re: Clearing the Muddle that is Jesus
« Reply #900 on: March 19, 2023, 10:40:38 AM »
No seriously, so what.

A parable:
A man tells his son, "Never shoplift from any stores."
 His son observes how hard his dad tries to be perfect, and finds him a huge bore. His friends all tell him that he should try stealing a couple of things, because it's an adrenaline rush. Little thefts turn into big ones and eventually he is arrested for trying to shoplift thousands in merchandise. His father bails him, and the guard upon seeing him says, "I should have known! Like father, like son!" The son asks about this, and is outraged to find out after all the lectures about not shoplifting that his father had a criminal record for that exact crime. The son wants to call him a hypocrite and have nothing to do with him, but the dad explains, "It is precisely because I spent several months in prison that I didn't want the same to happen to you. In fact, I wouldn't have had much to work for if your mother hadn't been my parole officer. She got me on track, and I work every day to make up for it."

Deciding that something someone does disqualifies everything else they say is an identity fallacy. "Oh he's a horse-fucker don't listen to him." Yes, but he might know a thing or two about other subjects, you know. He also is sure to know about equine STDs.

You are quick to judge people's arguments invalid because of their past.
Should we also judge your opinions irrelevant because of something bad you did 10 years ago?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 10:42:46 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #901 on: March 19, 2023, 11:09:43 AM »

When the past is relevant, yes, they will be relevantly judged. His beliefs about christianity in the past (and present) are whacked. So highly relevant to his scriptural beliefs.
If he was busted 15 years ago for smoking a doobie, that would be irrelevant. But his christian scriptural interpretations are highly relevant, past and present.

« Reply #902 on: March 22, 2023, 05:23:26 AM »

When the past is relevant, yes, they will be relevantly judged. His beliefs about christianity in the past (and present) are whacked. So highly relevant to his scriptural beliefs.
If he was busted 15 years ago for smoking a doobie, that would be irrelevant. But his christian scriptural interpretations are highly relevant, past and present.

I feel like you were big into judgement before you left the church.

Busybodies gonna busybody.

But there's no long term payoff there.

As for his theory, it's only "whacked" as you say, precisely for the same reason that you left the church. The gospel was a stumbling block to you. To a real Christian, Christ dying on the cross is a cornerstone to a life where everything you do has value, all your struggles are important. Even if you wanna goof off and write books instead of getting a "real job" or play video games. You can do anything (though not everything is good for you).
To a Jew or fake Christian (same thing), the cross is a stumbling block. They do not understand that Christ died once for all as a perfect sacrifice for all sins. Does depression end? No, I am afraid I get depressed all the time. Ditto for aches and pains in this life. Yet what this means is because your sins were paid for, this notion that we also must sacrifice is bogus. The disciples did, as that was the price they wanted to pay to spread the gospel. But if the struggles of Christianity are no different from the nagging of the secular world about the environment or politics or justice, then we aren't any better off than the Jews.

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!

You can't gain the gospel by doing things. Because you do will ever be good enough, if not everyone is saved, nobody would ever be able to pay the price of sin.

Are you gonna accuse Paul of abuse or molestation too?

It is because of grace that people's words cannot be judged on their private lives.

Let us suppose I were a suspected child molester, and I apply to a pet-sitting job. The world says no to to person like me, and I don't get the job. But a decent person says what I do to children isn't relevant to how I treat pets. Not gonna molest them also? Great, walk my dogs twice a day, and be sure to feed them this kibble.

Unless you can prove that his (what was it, spousal abuse) is somehow directly relevant to his argument, I'm afraid it's just a feeble attempt to discredit him. It is precisely because Christ died on the cross for his sins that he has the freedom to make his own choices and is not forced to be selfless but can be a real asshole yet God still loves him. This is a stumbling block to you. But to me, even though I wouldn't wanna watch abuse going on, I no less understand that even someone like him precisely doesn't have to be an altruist to be a Christian. To be a Christian is simply to be a fangirl of Jesus. It doesn't mean automatically being a perfect person. It means trying to be a better person. For some people they think that means altruism. But from my experience , alot of altruists have insincere reasons for doing what they do. Jesus forgives them too. But in the mean time, they're a nuisance to the Church, as they set alot of people down a rotten path that creates alot of suffering.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #903 on: March 22, 2023, 06:12:00 AM »
Sorry not been here a while since bullshittroll started preaching suffer the children to do what they will, even if they die, because of freedumb.

But now he’s quoting preachers that think wife beating is funny whilst saying do-gooders are a nuisance, under the umbrella of the returning sinner is more important than the regular non offender, the get out clause for pedo-priests and the like.

One gets the impression, that troll or not, BB is not a very wholesome fellow, I’m glad that the world is as large as it is, and he’s elsewhere to me.   
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #904 on: March 24, 2023, 06:21:40 AM »
You know, Jesus wasn't a very wholesome fellow either.I
By the standards of other ppl.

Omg, he isn't clean! He eats with sinners! He doesn't care that THOSE PPL are tax collectors.

He also shows mercy to those struggling with real problems, and condemns the smug instead of the sinner.

By the standards you see, you think there is only one right way. Your right way is the wrong way.

If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless. 7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

St Paul thought as you did, that righteousness is the important thing. But mercy is the important thing. Neither how I am, nor how this suspected wife beater is, have any bearing on God's truth. What does, is that you seem to be lacking in mercy. Maybe work on that?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #905 on: March 24, 2023, 10:32:14 AM »
What does, is that you seem to be lacking in mercy. Maybe work on that?

You'd let a little kid die because they don't like life saving pointy things that sting. Because your belief is that people generally don't amount to much anyway. You have a lot more work to do in the mercy department than anyone else kicking around here. Maybe work on that sociopathy while you're at it.

« Reply #906 on: March 25, 2023, 05:59:05 AM »
It is not mercy to torture people, to keep them alive and uncomfortable against their will.

I'm not likely to say lethal injections (those are for violent criminals), but when someone is hurting, it is not being merciful to tell them how to live.

The little kid is either an adult by the time they get real diabetes (type 2) or they were born like that. But I ask you, why are the medical decisions of a child woethless and suddenly at age 18 they get to make valid decisions? Bullshit. BULLSHIT!
There's no magical time when a person suddenly becomes mentally competent. If someone described at age 10 that they wanted to put a tracking device in me because COVID restrictions now involved the Mark of the Beast, I'd say "what does that have to do with medicine?" followed by " I'm not doing it!" even if the consequences of not doing it are execution at age 10.

My mom is getting senile, and she worries about me being lonely. That's fine, I am a bit lonely. But her idea was to force me to volunteer at social events, usually doing chores for people I don't know and wouldn't choose as friends anyway. Look, fuck off. Yes, even though you're my mom, that's too much (I am not paranoid that everyone is trying to trap me in duties). I did dome of these "just one week" and they always turned into "every week" for over a year.

When someone is miserable, you help cheer them up. When they want to stop suffering, you don't bully them into seeing things your way.

How about I find where you live, and go to your house and be like "time for your flu shot injection!" And refuse to respect that maybe you even wanna wait to make sure this one has no side effects. And while I'm at it, I'll make you take multivitamins and cholesterol medicine.

Does that sound insane? It should! Jesus didn't say "Be busybodies." The Pharisees were busybodies. They were in people's lives, trying to get them to observe Sabbath and shouting them down if they ate with unclean people. Jesus by contrast didn't fucking care what people wear or what they ate, in a society where crossdressing was taboo and you could be banned just for eating a slice of bacon. Yes, this is busybody culture. I don't want busybodies as followers of Jesus, and I won't be one too. There is more to life than duty or even concern for safety.

We're not gonna have a safe life. It's time to admit that at some point your kid might decide they want to try sushi or kimchi, and a bad batch gives them botulism and they die. In what way is that any different from saying, "I'll cope without the needles"? People take risks. I should also point out that the safety culture made people take a bunch of undertested COVID needles. All the side effects? Lack of testing. You're one to talk about mistreating kids, you'd force some needle on them that could potentially screw with their DNA.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #907 on: March 25, 2023, 06:03:12 AM »
Every post you make bulmatroll shows just how fucked up and divorced from reality you rally are. I'd have to hope you're trolling because the nonsense you say is an insult to the intelligence and potential of the human race.

You have zero concept of what being a parent or guardian is. Zero concept about what welfare means. Zero concept of what it is to be responsible - especially when that applies to others. You have zero moral or ethical standing ground here. The line of thinking you vomit is disgusting

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #908 on: March 25, 2023, 08:28:52 AM »
It is not mercy to torture people, to keep them alive and uncomfortable against their will.

Let me get this straight. Giving a child live-saving insulin for his Type I diabetes, even via a pump, no needles required, you consider "torture". So you would prefer to just let the kid die because you think that's more humane, merciful?

How about I find where you live, and go to your house and be like "time for your flu shot injection!" And refuse to respect that maybe you even wanna wait to make sure this one has no side effects. And while I'm at it, I'll make you take multivitamins and cholesterol medicine.

Does that sound insane?

Does that sound insane? Yes. You come to my house, knock on my door, and tell me it's time for my flu shot and I turn around and close the door and go about my day as if you never even existed. Are you insane or just wildly ignorant and immature.

Are people holding a gun to your head to make you do things? You're 40 for god's sake, get it together. You're mom suggests you volunteer. You say no, you don't want to, end of discussion. You volunteer for a week and it turns into a year? Because you were held against your will and forced to do chores? Just stop going.
You're a child. It's beyond pathetic. If you don't want to do something, don't do something. Are you sure you're not really 11 years old? What's wrong with you?

« Reply #909 on: March 25, 2023, 05:53:42 PM »
No, what's wrong with you?

It's cool for you to go into someone else's house, and tell them they are not recycling? Or that they aren't keeping kosher? Or that their dog or cat isn't chipped? And yes, that is the same difference. You're just using alarmism tactics to try to convince me it isn't, acting like the child would die even a jab were even a second too late. If I were a parent, I am pretty sure that I have crossed way into helicoptering if I oversee his/her dosages. I could lay out a pill for them if I am really concerned about their health, but if they spit the pills out and flush them down the toilet, I can't exactly hound them to make them take the medicine. Doing so would not be parenting, and in fact would cause a rift that might make them leave me anyway, one way or another.

Ummm, no. You've barged into someone's house, you told them how to live.

And then you have the blatant ignorance to say that my Messiah would do something that any casual reading reveals that he was pretty much against.

What does the Bible say about busybodies?
The Bible has strong words for busybodies (2 Thessalonians 3:11; 1 Timothy 5:13). First Peter 4:15 warns us, “Make sure that none of you suffers as a murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or a troublesome meddler.” It is noteworthy that Peter lists meddling as prohibited right along with murder and theft. Busybodies within the church often camouflage their nosey meddling as compassionate concern. The difference between meddling and concern, however, is whether or not the intrusion is beneficial or productive in the lives of others.

Because it is in the same rank as murder and theft. When you murder someone, you take their life. When you steal, you take their property. And when you control-freak over people, you take their privacy and their agency.

Are you concerned about my wellbeing? Hell no! You don't know me. You don't even like me.

A potential busybody should ask him/herself the following questions:

1. Is this any of my business? (1 Timothy 5:13)
2. Has God given me this assignment? (Ephesians 6:19)
3. Am I qualified to involve myself with this? (Romans 14:10)
4. Is my true motivation to bring help, or do I only want to feel needed? (1 Corinthians 13:1)
5. How much of my “discussion” about the situation could be classified as gossip? (Proverbs 11:13)
6. What was the result the last time I intruded in a situation that was not my problem? (Proverbs 26: 11)
7. Has my opinion been sought by those involved? (Proverbs 27:2)
8. Am I motivated by love for this person or by a sense of my own importance? [img=https://biblia.com/bible/esv/1-corinthians/16/14]http://(1 Corinthians 16:14)[/img]
9. Am I basing my “help” on Scripture or on my own opinion? (Proverbs 16:25)
10. Do I respond with anger when my “advice” is not accepted or found to be flawed? (Proverbs 17:10)

By contrast, I give sermons about what Jesus says, but they never remotely reach the "you have to do this" level that you've just demonstrated.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #910 on: March 25, 2023, 06:37:23 PM »
No, what's wrong with you?

It's cool for you to go into someone else's house, and tell them they are not recycling? Or that they aren't keeping kosher? Or that their dog or cat isn't chipped? And yes, that is the same difference. You're just using alarmism tactics to try to convince me it isn't, acting like the child would die even a jab were even a second too late.

No one said they would die within a second. But ultimately, in fairly short order, they will go into insulin shock, coma, and die if no intervention.

If I were a parent, I am pretty sure that I have crossed way into helicoptering if I oversee his/her dosages. I could lay out a pill for them if I am really concerned about their health, but if they spit the pills out and flush them down the toilet, I can't exactly hound them to make them take the medicine. Doing so would not be parenting, and in fact would cause a rift that might make them leave me anyway, one way or another.

Ummm, yes, yes you can hound them. It's part of being a parent. All you care about is whether the kid likes you or not. So wow, that is some seriously fucked up shit. You would just let the kid do whatever they want whenever they want so they like you. That is not parenting. That's your immaturity gone awry. Do you even take care of yourself, or do your parents still handle everything? You're 40 and your mom houses you, pays the bills, buys the groceries and you contribute what? You're basically a man-child.

Ummm, no. You've barged into someone's house, you told them how to live.

The only barging in that would occur is when you call into the ER and the EMT's show up to find your kid is lying on your kitchen floor in a coma from insulin shock because you couldn't bring yourself to get the kid an insulin pump for fear that he might resent you.

Are you concerned about my wellbeing? Hell no! You don't know me. You don't even like me.

Typical narcissist. This has nothing to do with your "well being". It's about letting a kid die because he said he doesn't want an insulin pump for his Type I Diabetes. And you're like, "Whatever you want little Timmy. And Timmy, you said you don't ever want to do any homework ever again. No problem, you don't have to. And you like playing that game where you dart out into a busy street with your eyes closed...That's ok too...You can do whatever you want, just please keep liking me..."

« Reply #911 on: March 26, 2023, 05:44:17 AM »
If you ACTUALLY loved anyone, you would understand the difference between wanting what you think is best for them, and wanting what they know is best for them.

Now, a person who is snacking constantly or not eating or bulimia is quite different from someone who doesn't wanr to keep going. Let's forget the medical illness diabetes, since you so clearly hung up on that.

I have a friend. Let's call her Peach. Peach wants to eventually leave her shitty home life, and head toward the city to be with her friends. I don't share her ambitions, as I know there is struggle everywhere. I honestly wish she'd live with me. Especially after my folks die. Even though she'd likely live with a boyfriend. But ultimately, while I can make things tolerable for her here, I can't keep her from the city.

I met some girl online, who I talked until I was blue in the face trying to convince her not to suicide herself. She jumped anyway. She survived with an injury, but afterwards our conversation led nowhere (basically everything was an "I told you so" to her, and she cut all ties). You can't control people you love. If you want to own them, you never loved them.

I suspect strongly that you don't have kids or pets, which is you know, a real shame, as you'd probably put a tracking program on both. As for me, I was raised by parents who grew up in the 50s where there wasn't rampant Child Services waiting to snatch the child for neglect.  Parents would see the kid pass by, and they could play across town, and nobody would call the police. People actually let kids be kids. Now we have large roads cutting through town, and crime happening on every corner.

Say I did make this kid take diabetes medicine every day. Now say they hated it so much they left home, and mixed themselves up with with a bad crowd, and got killed anyway. Not my fault? Totally my fault! I pushed him so hard, I pushed him away.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dallas_Egbert_III
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_McCandless

Real life example of parents pushing too hard.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 05:49:00 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #912 on: March 26, 2023, 09:33:19 AM »
Say I did make this kid take diabetes medicine every day. Now say they hated it so much they left home, and mixed themselves up with with a bad crowd, and got killed anyway. Not my fault? Totally my fault! I pushed him so hard, I pushed him away.

Let's say, you did make the kid keep his no-jab pump charged. Like millions of kids, he didn't necessarily like it but understood it was keeping him alive so he could play with his dog, hang with his friends, generally enjoy what it is to be a human kid. And just like millions of other kids, he didn't run away and mix themselves up with with a bad crowd, and got killed anyway. You know, like millions and million of other kids.

So the kid never wants to do his homework ever again and doesn't want to go to school ever again. He's 8. You say ok because you don't want to push him and if you did, he obviously, de facto, would leave home, and mix themselves up with with a bad crowd, and get killed.

Did you grow up in a psych ward? You know just how insane that all is, right?

How about you move out of your parents house, get a job, maybe some responsibilities in your life, pay rent, buy your own food. I mean you're 40. Maybe then you would actually understand what it is to be an adult.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #913 on: March 26, 2023, 09:59:31 AM »
maybe some responsibilities in your life

While I am sure this would help him grow as a person and be less of an arsehole, who is going to be game enough to be the first to give this guy any responsibility?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #914 on: March 26, 2023, 01:02:42 PM »
I met some girl online, who I talked until I was blue in the face trying to convince her not to suicide herself. She jumped anyway. She survived with an injury, but afterwards our conversation led nowhere (basically everything was an "I told you so" to her, and she cut all ties). You can't control people you love. If you want to own them, you never loved them.

Shit.  I might disagree with literally everything you say, but I’m sorry to hear that.  Well done for trying.  Even if it cost your friendship it was the right thing to do.

« Reply #915 on: March 27, 2023, 04:34:58 AM »

Let's say, you did make the kid keep his no-jab pump charged. Like millions of kids, he didn't necessarily like it but understood it was keeping him alive so he could play with his dog, hang with his friends, generally enjoy what it is to be a human kid. And just like millions of other kids, he didn't run away and mix themselves up with with a bad crowd, and got killed anyway. You know, like millions and million of other kids.

So the kid never wants to do his homework ever again and doesn't want to go to school ever again. He's 8. You say ok because you don't want to push him and if you did, he obviously, de facto, would leave home, and mix themselves up with with a bad crowd, and get killed.

Did you grow up in a psych ward? You know just how insane that all is, right?

How about you move out of your parents house, get a job, maybe some responsibilities in your life, pay rent, buy your own food. I mean you're 40. Maybe then you would actually understand what it is to be an adult.

Sorry, you were saying something?

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself, “Well, how did I get here?”

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

And you may ask yourself, “How do I work this?”
And you may ask yourself, “Where is that large automobile?”
And you may tell yourself, “This is not my beautiful house”
And you may tell yourself, “This is not my beautiful wife”

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was

Water dissolving and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Under the water, carry the water
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean
Water dissolving and water removing

Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground

You may ask yourself, “What is that beautiful house?”
You may ask yourself, “Where does that highway go to?”
And you may ask yourself, “Am I right? Am I wrong?”
And you may say to yourself, “My God! What have I done?”

Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground

Same as it ever was and look where my hand was
Time isn't holding up, time isn't after us
Letting the days go by, same as it ever was
Here a twister comes, here comes the twister
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was (Letting the days go by)
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was (Letting the days go by)
Once in a lifetime (Let the water hold me down)
Letting the days go by (Water flowing underground)
Into the blue again

This song is about middle class life, or the pursuit of it.

I have been down this road far more than you think, and you know what I found? The singer knows what he's talking about. I bet you can't even analyze this song though, so we'll force feed it to you.

The song is about pursuit of American Dream and the pressure that comes with it (water at the bottom of the ocean). You work your entire life for the beautiful house and the beautiful wife, but since you can't appreciate what you do have (because, guess what, you're off to work paying for it, using that large automobile to drive to work). You never get to travel or really have fun. Oh yes, I know about this. I've tried plenty of jobs, given up or had someone give up for me, if you know what I mean. Had the fun experience of downsizing or adjusting. But I've gotten to seethe other side too. Living in shotgun shacks, actually knowing where that highway goes to (it goes nowhere, because everywhere is ruined by the high parking fees of the American Dream). And get get to see in real time as "here comes the twister" and blows away what my brother and my brother-in-law have worked for. My brother in law was working as a nurse in a clinic and paying for his wife and family, now they built another clinic and he's redundant. He showed me a picture yesterday of how they have him doing stuff like dress as a leprechaun. Or my brother, always hot shot yuppie that he is. Works for Capital One... only Capital One is now under new management or something, and his future is uncertain (and he's 6 years older than I, and in business they push you outta the door at 50 or so). He's rich, but his wife has stopped working and none of them understand abour saving.

Gerbils. You're fucking gerbils running on a wheel that gets you nowhere. Or was that hamsters? Guinea pigs? Same difference. You can't even see the wheel. In a moment of clarity, I saw the wheel. I gave my apartment notice, and left right on April 1st. Seemed a good day for a fool like me to cut bait. Moved back home, helped out my folks. Of course, there's never enough. But I don't have to worry about the house or car anymore. Though here too, things could change. They could die, get senile, or decide I'm a mooch and throw me out. But I like them, and like just hanging out with them. I will live until I die, hopefully ending my life quietly just by not waking up in my bed one day.

Here. Have some pellets. We'd give you real sunflower seeds, but you know, the medical field thinks that pellets and dry processed food are better for animals than their own natural diet.

If you don't have something beyond all this to believe in, none of it matters. Because this world will chew you up and spit you out. You won't come out of it alive.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 04:43:27 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

« Reply #916 on: March 27, 2023, 06:28:35 AM »
I could die today.

Or tomorrow.

And it won't matter to me.

I know that my Savior lives.

As for you? I picture you living another 20 years, and realizing too late that I was right about things like earnings and "success" being important. On your death bed, as you realize that secularism has nowhere to go. You say there's nothing after death? Then everything you worked for,your whole life, it was for nothing.
 Assuming, of course, that you are not a bot. In which case, one day Stah 2.8 will be made obsolete by Stash 2.9 or maybe we'll all stop using the internet.

No I don't care about imaginary kid. I will hug and cuddle him as long as he wants to keep going, and his last day? I'll want to make it the best one that I can. That's taken care of.

But you're the kid I want to save.

And as we can see, you don't want my help.

So you answer the question. Am I a monster for letting you live your own life?

I'll make it easy.

The answer is no.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:32:32 AM by bulmabriefs144 »

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #917 on: March 27, 2023, 09:03:46 AM »

Bulmatroll lecturing all the venture capitalists and captains of industry that hang out at the Flat-earth bar & grill on what’s important, classic.

Anyway, got to go, the guy that washes my cars scuffed the Bentley’s leather, or was it the Rolls, do I even have a Rolls? Oh, three? Anyway, just got to get him evicted and confiscate his wife’s dialysis machine or the other staff will think I’m vulnerable.

And there is no god.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #918 on: March 27, 2023, 10:49:13 AM »
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house...

David Byrne just sold his Greenwich Village 5 story townhouse last year for $17,000,000...I think he found himself in a beautiful house...Definitely a middle class life...

But I don't have to worry about the house or car anymore. Though here too, things could change. They could die, get senile, or decide I'm a mooch and throw me out.

Yep, you quit the rat race because it's meaningless and a grind. And are now leeching off your parents with no job, no income, zero responsibilities and you're 40. Talk about meaningless.

And you get all bunched up in a knot when your mom suggests that maybe you volunteer somewhere, something, anything. You obviously didn't pick up what she was putting down: Since you do nothing, contribute nothing, why don't you at least do something.
You get all indignant, "My lord Mom, how could you suggest such a thing. I'm sitting here in the kitchen with you while you make me breakfast doing god's work all day...By the way Mom, for the umpteenth time, I like my eggs sunnyside up not over-easy..."

You have zero qualifications to remark on anything meaningful other than how to complain about "the system" whilst draining your parents bank accounts & patience and potentially leaning on society to bail you out if you ever get medical treatment you are unable to prevent. I, like your parents, will be subsidizing your life.

Yes, meaningless as you offer nothing to anyone anywhere. It's all about you.

« Reply #919 on: March 28, 2023, 05:07:30 AM »
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house...

David Byrne just sold his Greenwich Village 5 story townhouse last year for $17,000,000...I think he found himself in a beautiful house...Definitely a middle class life...

But I don't have to worry about the house or car anymore. Though here too, things could change. They could die, get senile, or decide I'm a mooch and throw me out.

Yep, you quit the rat race because it's meaningless and a grind. And are now leeching off your parents with no job, no income, zero responsibilities and you're 40. Talk about meaningless.

And you get all bunched up in a knot when your mom suggests that maybe you volunteer somewhere, something, anything. You obviously didn't pick up what she was putting down: Since you do nothing, contribute nothing, why don't you at least do something.
You get all indignant, "My lord Mom, how could you suggest such a thing. I'm sitting here in the kitchen with you while you make me breakfast doing god's work all day...By the way Mom, for the umpteenth time, I like my eggs sunnyside up not over-easy..."

You have zero qualifications to remark on anything meaningful other than how to complain about "the system" whilst draining your parents bank accounts & patience and potentially leaning on society to bail you out if you ever get medical treatment you are unable to prevent. I, like your parents, will be subsidizing your life.

Yes, meaningless as you offer nothing to anyone anywhere. It's all about you.

Oh how wonderful! And what happens when you get priced out of your neighborhood?
They wanna bust your block, so they can build more crowded high rises. That apartment you bought for prestige suddenly becomes several times higher (and you were a fool to buy an expensive apartment anyway, when all you needed was a place that didn't have assholes living in it, besides yourself, of course). Wikipedia tells you it doesn't happen anymore. Sorry, that's not true Wiki. Just doesn't happen for racial reasons anymore. It still very much happens due to a developer wanting to build the area up or clear it out.

Or maybe that job you've been living at (I won't say working at, because you likely spend more time there than at home) suddenly falls through. Or maybe the wife and kids are rotten because the city is actually toxic to the soul, and makes everyone stressed, wasteful, and shortsighted. Suddenly you leave or they leave. And that nice house? Not so nice. You're stuck with far more house than you need. 

$17 million? You only see that value as worth. I see that he sold that nice property. If he turned and bough a more expensive one, he's a fool that neither of us should listen to anyway.
Overpriced flats is all they are. A person actually needs about a six to ten foot room. And I've slept in cars before. For nearly a year in fact. Minimal furnishings, just some books and such.
 Why do you think he sold it? Oh wait, I know! Because it was more place that he was worth. Or maybe because he figured out that someone like you might try to snatch it up (while someone like me would not be interested). Now, if he was smart, he pocketed the money, moved to some place that was the opposite of the Cheers song (you wanna go where nobody knows your name), and figured out where the absolute cheapest property in the area. Then move when they try to price him out, or just buy the place to get the guy to leave him alone. But once you own property, the federal government gets to tax you. So you never own anything.

Yes, I know how much houses at the city cost. My cheapest apartment was such that I was wasting the majority of my money trying to find friends, who were all across town. And I was appalled to learn that as soon as I started making steady income, the landlord wanted to raise my rate. Joke was on him, the very next month the stress of job plus him meant something had to give. It turned out to be my income. Sorry landlord, I guess I'm not sticking around.

When your life is about credentials, you think that people can't learn lessons without a single lifespan. And then you blunder into those same mistakes.

Since you do nothing, contribute nothing, why don't you at least do something.

I cook my own food (now and then, though some meals she or my dad cook, but I certainly don't act like that). I also help vacuum, mow the lawn, and help her carry laundry. Sweep/shovel the walk during winter. One day, it'll be more house than I can handle and I'll look into donating it to preservation (or at least, donating the books to preservation, as the books and records of the house are worth something to future generations). As for me, I've lived in a car before, I can probably do it again.

Sunny side up eggs are gross. I either do my eggs, or let someone else do them. But usually, I have cereal.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #920 on: March 28, 2023, 07:33:01 AM »
As for me, I've lived in a car before, I can probably do it again.

Doesn't surprise me. Considering that and the fact that you're living with your parents at age forty and do a handful of chores that humans need to do anyway, making the effort seem herculean and a massive contribution all the while your parents still house and feed you like you're a teenager (you probably demand an allowance for all of your hard work), you are hardly qualified to weigh in on the economic choices and the lifestyles of people who actually do something for a living, contribute to society, and how they decide to enjoy their time on earth.

I keep on forgetting that it's your world and everyone else just lives in it.

« Reply #921 on: March 29, 2023, 06:21:59 AM »
I never said it was herculean.

You act like you've done your parents a favor by moving away from them.

What actually happens to older people when they don't have people watching? They burn down the house because of a senior moment. Or they slip in the bathroom, and we nobody running to get ice foe their leg, it is hours before they get up, and the leg heals wrong and has gangrene. They fall and end up in that same hospital you want me and this child to go to. The same hospital that could potentially do this.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/unnecessary-tests-and-treatment-explain-why-health-care-costs-so-much/
Two years ago, Margaret O’Neill brought her 5-year-old daughter to Children’s Hospital Colorado because the band of tissue that connected her tongue to the floor of her mouth was too tight. The condition, literally called being “tongue-tied,” made it hard for the girl to make “th” sounds.

It’s a common problem with a simple fix: an outpatient procedure to snip the tissue.

During a pre-operative visit, the surgeon offered to throw in a surprising perk. Should we pierce her ears while she’s under?

O’Neill’s first thought was that her daughter seemed a bit young to have her ears pierced. Her second: Why was a surgeon offering to do this? Wasn’t that something done free at the mall with the purchase of a starter set of earrings?

“That’s so funny,” O’Neill recalled saying. “I didn’t think you did ear piercings.”

The surgeon, Peggy Kelley, told her it could be a nice thing for a child, O’Neill said. All she had to do is bring earrings on the day of the operation. O’Neill agreed, assuming it would be free.

Her daughter emerged from surgery with her tongue newly freed and a pair of small gold stars in her ears.

Only months later did O’Neill discover her cost for this extracurricular work: $1,877.86 for “operating room services” related to the ear piercing—a fee her insurer was unwilling to pay.

Or they just keep granny on life support for the rest of her existence, sedating her when dealing with a sprain is simple. Running unnecessary tests ("while she was in, we found she had cancer and tuberculosis and chlamydia") and then taking custody of her. When you're not nearby, shit like this can happen.

But yes, it's so expensive to feed one more person. We farm, we help out at a food bank (and get a small cut on things they can't use), and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter all that much whether I'm at home or not. But if Mom or Dad suddenly yell out, it sure matters that I'm not hundreds of miles away working at a white collar job, trying to rationalize living alone at too much house to someone who doesn't share the same values, calling them inexperienced, when they understand exactly what the long haul is likely to look like.

Uhhhh, yeah, my dad currently has a smart device hooked to him to monitor his vitals while he walks around. I'm pretty sure I know things are harder than a few chores.

I bet you work for the hospital.

« Reply #922 on: March 29, 2023, 07:07:05 AM »
Here's just how little I like hospitals.

I discovered while masturbating (proof that masturbation is a thing that should be done) that I was bleeding down there. Some sort of friction opened the area up.

Am I going to the emergency room? Not at all! I'm going straight to the laundry room, after I am sure the bleeding has stopped).

Any hospital would subject me to a long wait on a hard chair, followed by an open gown, unnecessary vaccination nowadays (or they'd say they can't treat), and my little one would probably be worse infected than doing nothing.

In a place where all infection gathers, it is the least healthy place to be, not the most.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #923 on: March 29, 2023, 07:13:15 AM »
Here's just how little I like hospitals.

I discovered while masturbating (proof that masturbation is a thing that should be done) that I was bleeding down there. Some sort of friction opened the area up.

Am I going to the emergency room? Not at all! I'm going straight to the laundry room, after I am sure the bleeding has stopped).

Any hospital would subject me to a long wait on a hard chair, followed by an open gown, unnecessary vaccination nowadays (or they'd say they can't treat), and my little one would probably be worse infected than doing nothing.

In a place where all infection gathers, it is the least healthy place to be, not the most.

Why the fuck would you go to the hospital for that?

Hospitals triage. So yeah, if you go to the hospital for a minor complaint, expect to wait and be pushed further in the queue as others with actual medical emergencies roll in

Use basic first aid, make an appointment with your doctor or drop in to a pharmacy and ask for advice

If you were suffering a medical emergency where your life was on the line, I'm sure you'd appreciate the hospital putting you higher in the priority to be seen ASAP over some troll who beat his chopper a bit too much

Know your place

Alexei

• レクシー
  • Flat Earth Believer
  • Over it.
« Reply #924 on: March 29, 2023, 11:32:00 AM »
If you were a real Christian, Bulmadick, you'd say shit like "Masterbation is a sin" instead of beating your little peck a bit too much.

How the fuck does one make themselves bleed from whacking their seed?

I can say that I have never bleeded while whacking it.

And if you're just slightly bleeding on your dick then they'll get to you at some point as they have more important patients (like school shooting victims)

You live in a state of denial and retardation.

« Reply #925 on: March 30, 2023, 03:19:36 AM »
Oh look. Two people that I've ignored in a row. Guess I'll continue to ignore you.

In the mean time it's like this.

Real Virtue: Happens when you either care about something enough to want to do it on its own merit (most things like that have been beaten out of me, no thanks to life), or because it is the lesser of two evils. Jesus died for humanity not for "altruism" because because he so loved the world. I'm not Jesus, so far as I know. I don't have to do that. Thank God! Cuz some of you out there are real shits. I couldn't be bothered to make that kind of sacrifice. Nor would it be appropriate. Jesus's death was a once-for-all sacrifice for sins. "It is enough for the disciple to be like the master". While I do not embrace altruism, I try to live a godly life, and teach people what it means that Jesus loved you enough to die for you. Cuz I admit, I certainly wouldn't. That's the point.

Here's an example of lesser of two evils. We have a dog, rented from my sister. He's a Henry. Meaning he's an over-the-hill pug/terrier mix that won't climb stairs at night. He obnoxiously cannot cope with sleeping alone, and cannot jump on beds. And my parents aren't about to be altruistic enough to let him into their downstairs bedroom ( :ahem: anyone who asks you to sacrifice is not doing any sacrifices themselves). So this leaves me sleeping on the downstairs  couch, or having to haul a pug that decides to actively flop around when people are trying to carry him (thus ensuring everyone has their back thrown out (after one try, I refused to do it, meaning I walk behind my dad who outweighs me by several pounds and will hurt or kill me if he tumbles down the stairs)). Obviously having him find a place to sleep downstairs and sleeping down there myself is not a great imposition, while carrying a 20 lb struggling weight is. When a dog that is supposed to be light exerts all of its weight unevenly, 20 lb feels like 50 lb.

Fake Virtue: Talking about how wonderful you are, and playing the guilt card, hoping random people that you don't know will cave to your thinking. It isn't really from some feeling that they should be moral, as you don't actually have real morality. It's about being a control freak.
 Would you be willing to haul an actively resisting dog up a flight of steps? Would you be willing to host a dig in your room (like my parents wouldn't)? Would you at least sleep in the same room as a dog, instead of just your regular bed? It's not that great an imposition, as I usually just watch movies or shows until I fall asleep. But I suspect you wouldn't do any of them. You're asking me to make sacrifices you would never do.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #926 on: March 30, 2023, 03:29:35 AM »

I'm not likely to say lethal injections (those are for violent criminals), but when someone is hurting, it is not being merciful to tell them how to live.

The little kid is either an adult by the time they get real diabetes (type 2) or they were born like that. But I ask you, why are the medical decisions of a child woethless and suddenly at age 18 they get to make valid decisions? Bullshit. BULLSHIT!
There's no magical time when a person suddenly becomes mentally competent. If someone described at age 10 that they wanted to put a tracking device in me because COVID restrictions now involved the Mark of the Beast, I'd say "what does that have to do with medicine?" followed by " I'm not doing it!" even if the consequences of not doing it are execution at age 10.

My mom is getting senile, and she worries about me being lonely. That's fine, I am a bit lonely. But her idea was to force me to volunteer at social events, usually doing chores for people I don't know and wouldn't choose as friends anyway. Look, fuck off. Yes, even though you're my mom, that's too much (I am not paranoid that everyone is trying to trap me in duties). I did dome of these "just one week" and they always turned into "every week" for over a year.

When someone is miserable, you help cheer them up. When they want to stop suffering, you don't bully them into seeing things your way.

Does that sound insane? It should! Jesus didn't say "Be busybodies." The Pharisees were busybodies. They were in people's lives, trying to get them to observe Sabbath and shouting them down if they ate with unclean people. Jesus by contrast didn't fucking care what people wear or what they ate, in a society where crossdressing was taboo and you could be banned just for eating a slice of bacon. Yes, this is busybody culture. I don't want busybodies as followers of Jesus, and I won't be one too. There is more to life than duty or even concern for safety.

We're not gonna have a safe life. It's time to admit that at some point your kid might decide they want to try sushi or kimchi, and a bad batch gives them botulism and they die. In what way is that any different from saying, "I'll cope without the needles"? People take risks. I should also point out that the safety culture made people take a bunch of undertested COVID needles. All the side effects? Lack of testing. You're one to talk about mistreating kids, you'd force some needle on them that could potentially screw with their DNA.
These posts should have like under them. Good post.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #927 on: March 30, 2023, 03:31:42 AM »
Every post you make bulmatroll shows just how fucked up and divorced from reality you rally are. I'd have to hope you're trolling because the nonsense you say is an insult to the intelligence and potential of the human race.

You have zero concept of what being a parent or guardian is. Zero concept about what welfare means. Zero concept of what it is to be responsible - especially when that applies to others. You have zero moral or ethical standing ground here. The line of thinking you vomit is disgusting
Wrong. Pay attention and you might learn something.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #928 on: March 30, 2023, 03:54:48 AM »

Wrong. Pay attention and you might learn something.

Trying to throw an uno reverso card against people doesn't mean anything. Your post is just fluff. Means nothing.

Especially coming from another dumbarse troll. Your opinion is worthless

Know your place

« Reply #929 on: March 30, 2023, 05:52:10 AM »
Thank you sceptimatic.

Rick Warren's holiday follow-up to A Purpose Driven Life, not at all because he wanted to milk his franchise for more money, talks about The Purpose of Christmas.
"It is finished" is actually a single word in Hevrew that Jesus cried out. It is stamped on bills that have been paid off, and prison sentences that have been completed. It means "paid in full!" Religion says "do! " (referring to the laws of religion) Jesus says, "Done!" He has already takencare of the expense of your salvation.

So when you demand altruism, you are doing an on the surface comparison to Christianity. But actually, altruism describes an atheist model. A model that acts as though Jesus never lived and died for us.

The only thing atheism will contribute to the world is obscuring the truth that already is grace. It might, if successful, manage to make the gospel lost to time. But the truth of the gospel will never be lost even if the lost human blows himself up and all Bibles are destroyed.

This, but God instead of Buddha.
Buddha: You haven't even left my hand.
Monkey: What?!?
Buddha: You've been in my hand the entire time!
Monkey: I knew you'd try to make a fool out of me, so I left a message proving where I was.
Buddha: Did you use a paintbrush? (shows fingers with monkey's handprint and drawn face) Look familiar?
Monkey: Yeah, but how'd ya...
Buddha: So this is your palm print?
Monkey: (tries to escape) Wait a minute, lemme go and check it out.
Buddha: You cannot escape me, Kongo. (grabs him) Kongo, you must understand that my reach is infinite. I am here, but at the same time I exist everywhere throughout the universe. I exist in the shadows and the light. I am even inside you, Kongo. My power is timeless and absolute. It is foolish to think that you can defeat me. You have not destroyed the Celestial Heavens. Look, in the blink of an eye, all is restored. Your power has no significance in this universe.

Look, in the blink of an eye, all is restored. Your power has no significance in this universe.

Atheists always behave like Monkey. But in the end, they can't escape anything.