It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #2400 on: August 08, 2015, 01:58:43 PM »
The block the cubes are sat will have a far higher heat capacity and a higher conductivity. The block will still take a while to cool down but it's temperature throughout will be far more uniform and will therefore be too hot to touch for quite some time.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #2401 on: August 08, 2015, 02:00:47 PM »
To get the whole block white hot they had to leave it in the oven for over two hours, which is far longer than re-entry ever lasts. Heat will flow through the blocks but extremely slowly.

As for the other block they sit on, that will take a fair while to cool as it has a very high heat capacity as it is a solid slab, although the temperature will be more uniform throughout as it should conduct heat more easily.
They put it in an oven not a blast furnace.
Actually, modern blast furnaces only heat to around 900-1300 degrees C, so that oven was much hotter than a blast furnace.

Your re-entry so called shuttle and it's super tiles are coming in like a blast furnace, supposedly, so this 2 hours heating time is clap trap because if those tiles were 90% air and 10% silica then they would absorb the super friction of re-entry as told to us and the thing would simply melt like a blob of molten metal.
Umm...  Scepti, do you understand that the purpose of insulation is to keep the heat from transferring from one region to another, don't you?  Although the surface of the tiles can dissipate heat fairly quickly, the rest of the tile transfers heat very slowly. 

The real silly part is that Felix Baumgartner at supposedly 128,000 feet and falling 800 mph as we are told..feels nothing upon his body because he's falling though a vacuum at 128,000 feet and yet this shuttle re-entry is like a frigging furnace, allegedly.
That's because Felix wasn't traveling several times the speed of sound. 

Anyway that seems to divert a little so let's stick to the super absorbing tiles and the re-entry friction we are told about.
They simply can't work. It's clear nonsense.
That's because the shuttle's insulating tiles were designed to not absorb heat.
If they were designed not to absorb heat then they wouldn't have made them as porous as they did.

So why is fiberglass insulation, and other types of insulation usually extremely porous?
Look up insulation.
I have installed plenty of insulation.  There is a reason that it is called glass wool insulation.  I would hope you could figure that one out.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #2402 on: August 10, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »
Please observe the video from the 26 second mark, where the conjuror picks up the 1st cube.

Beneath the cube is a glowing square upon the block.

Please explain this glowing square, how it was created & how long it should last.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">! No longer available

I must emphasise that it was YOU space-cultists who attested to the validity of this video, so it is YOU who must answer any questions I have on the matter, without complaint.

Either do so, or have your video dismissed as fraudulent.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2403 on: August 10, 2015, 01:35:14 PM »
lol

The glowing square was clearly made from the glowing cube.  As you can see, it doesn't last long.

lol
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #2404 on: August 10, 2015, 01:40:43 PM »
Please observe the video from the 26 second mark, where the conjuror picks up the 1st cube.

Beneath the cube is a glowing square upon the block.

Please explain this glowing square, how it was created & how long it should last.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">! No longer available

I must emphasise that it was YOU space-cultists who attested to the validity of this video, so it is YOU who must answer any questions I have on the matter, without complaint.

Either do so, or have your video dismissed as fraudulent.

The glowing square is simply where the surface of the large block is hotter than the rest because it has been insulated by the shuttle cube sat on top of it for a few seconds after being brought out from the oven. The cube has prevented that patch from losing its heat like the rest of the block. Some heat will conduct to the rest of the block but not much as there is very little temperature gradient.

The square will last a little while as that spot will always being ever so slightly hotter than the rest. It will become far less noticeable when the block and hat patch drop below the temperature at which they glow red hot.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2405 on: August 10, 2015, 02:06:55 PM »
Well; that is interesting.

Because, if you go to 'watch on youtube' & slow the video down to 0.25 speed, then watch from 34 seconds, you will notice the conjuror spins the 2nd cube slightly before picking it up.

And the glowing square beneath the cube spins instantly with it.

Care to explain how this is possible?

Ought to be fun...

& there's more!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2406 on: August 10, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
Well; that is interesting.

Because, if you go to 'watch on youtube' & slow the video down to 0.25 speed, then watch from 34 seconds, you will notice the conjuror spins the 2nd cube slightly before picking it up.

And the glowing square beneath the cube spins instantly with it.

Care to explain how this is possible?

Ought to be fun...

& there's more!

That's easy.

The cubes are glowing and the "glowing square" originally beneath the cubes are actually the light emitted by them (because the cubes glow).  When he picks it up you can clearly see this, the bright glowing spot beneath the cube is replaced by the dimly glowing square which is made visible when the bright light is gone and it's located under the original position of the cube
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2407 on: August 10, 2015, 03:18:43 PM »
Wrong, markjo's proven sock-puppet.

Look again.

When the conjuror spins the cube, the glowing square spins instantly with it.

How?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2408 on: August 10, 2015, 04:13:32 PM »
WTF are you talking about?  The guy picks up the cube a for a split second it lights up the block it's sitting on. Then as it gets further away it no longer lights it up and you can see the red hot square left behind.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2409 on: August 10, 2015, 04:40:20 PM »
WTF are you talking about?  The guy picks up the cube a for a split second it lights up the block it's sitting on. Then as it gets further away it no longer lights it up and you can see the red hot square left behind.
Well let me add to it and watch carefully.
One minute those tiles are told to us that they take hours to absorb the glowing heat. The next second when the dipshit goes to take the SECOND block off the larger block, he spins it slightly and yet the glow follows the exact turn of that block.
It's there in your face, so answer the question as to why in a reasonable manner. A manner that actually has a potential bonafide answer.
Just make anything up that suits. You usually do.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2410 on: August 10, 2015, 04:59:47 PM »
One minute those tiles are told to us that they take hours to absorb the glowing heat. The next second when the dipshit goes to take the SECOND block off the larger block, he spins it slightly and yet the glow follows the exact turn of that block.
It's there in your face, so answer the question as to why in a reasonable manner. A manner that actually has a potential bonafide answer.
Anyone with half a brain can see the glowing block he picks up lights up the block it was sitting of for a split second. It's emitting light after all.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2411 on: August 10, 2015, 05:20:33 PM »
Look again.

How?
The white hot cube is glowing white.  What do you suppose that means?  It means that the white hot cube emits white light, correct?  The white hot cube is emitting white light onto the bigger block that it's sitting on.  What part of that is so hard to understand? 

Did you notice that the whit hot spot went back to its original orientation when he lifted the second cube?  Did you notice how quickly that spot went from white hot to red hot?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2412 on: August 10, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »
Anyone with half a brain can see the glowing block he picks up lights up the block it was sitting of for a split second. It's emitting light after all.
Picture me rubbing your head and then knocking on it. Hello...is there anyone in there.

Last try.

Observe the dipshit attempting to pick up the SECOND block laid on the larger block. Notice that he accidentally turns that block before he picks it up.
Now notice that as he turns that block, the glowing shape follows the turn, exactly.

Let me try and make it simpler.

If you had a square shaped torch face down on that block and you turned that torch to the right or left, you would see the glow follow the torch position which is fair enough.

The problem here is, we are talking about a glowing block on top of a glowing block that supposedly takes hours to get to this stage and both are glowing on their own, apparently.

As soon as the small block is turned, it acts like the torch I mentioned, yet this cannot be. It's impossible if these blocks are what we've been told they are.
The little backward dipshit  that tried to pick up the block should be getting a huge kicking in the bollocks about now, as soon as his employers see that he's been outed for the mistake.

If I was his employer and I was duping people and he made this error, I'd have his nuts on a skewer.  ;)

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2413 on: August 10, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »
Is there anyone not retarded standing around you? Have them watch the video and explain it to you. You clearly won't listen to us explain it perfectly.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2414 on: August 10, 2015, 08:51:35 PM »
Observe the dipshit attempting to pick up the SECOND block laid on the larger block. Notice that he accidentally turns that block before he picks it up.
Did you not notice that the large block went from white hot to red hot by the time the man took the second block off?

Now notice that as he turns that block, the glowing shape follows the turn, exactly.
THE BLOCK IS TH*RKING WHITE HOT!!!!!!  WHAT THE TH*RK DO YOU EXPECT A WHITE HOT BLOCK TO DO IF NOT GLOW WHITE?!?!?!?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2415 on: August 11, 2015, 12:40:06 AM »
You can buy pieces of heat shielding on EBay and the heat shields are not that remarkable if you consider that they are very similar to fire brick which is as cheap as dirt and if you have s fire place you have some in your house.  The stuff can hold molten steel and yet with an inch of fire brick insulating it it feels cool to the touch.  For under $5 you can buy some test this for yourself.

You flat earthers are so desperate, you even have to purposely not comprehend how light works to make a point.  You never cease to amaze me.

« Reply #2416 on: August 11, 2015, 03:52:05 AM »
Wrong, markjo's proven sock-puppet.

Look again.

How?

If you actually look carefully, the glowing square in the block actually smears ever so slightly from where the cube was to where the cube was slightly spun. This makes sense as the part that was covered is still glowing hot and the part that is now covered is insulated and preventing heat from escaping.

This actually would cause the surface to heat up as excess heat from the core of the block is now prevented from escaping and builds up at the suface. This is obvious from the fact that the two holes through the block used to pick it up are still glowing white from the core heat.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2417 on: August 11, 2015, 12:20:25 PM »

If you actually look carefully, the glowing square in the block actually smears ever so slightly from where the cube was to where the cube was slightly spun. This makes sense as the part that was covered is still glowing hot and the part that is now covered is insulated and preventing heat from escaping.

This actually would cause the surface to heat up as excess heat from the core of the block is now prevented from escaping and builds up at the suface. This is obvious from the fact that the two holes through the block used to pick it up are still glowing white from the core heat.

LOL!!!

& all that happens INSTANTLY?

Not possible, Mr. 'thermodynamics expert'.

But keep lying & desperately attempting to justify what is an obvious conjuring trick; it is HILARIOUS!

Next question; why should the holes be radiating more heat than the rest of the block?

It is all the same temperature, is it not?

You really don't know what you're talking about do you?

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #2418 on: August 11, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »
No, it's not the same temperature. The surface will be hotter, but the heat will radiate more efficiently from the inside.
And before you shout "BS!" with no reason beyond incredulity, put up some refutation before yelling "BOTS CRIMS ALL OF YOU TROLLS GO AWAY! INCREDULITY!"
;D
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2419 on: August 11, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »

LOL!!!

& all that happens INSTANTLY?

Not possible, Mr. 'thermodynamics expert'.

But keep lying & desperately attempting to justify what is an obvious conjuring trick; it is HILARIOUS!

Next question; why should the holes be radiating more heat than the rest of the block?

It is all the same temperature, is it not?

You really don't know what you're talking about do you?

Everything started out at the same temperature but the area inside the holes cool down slower and thus stay hot for longer because the heat can only escape out of the two small holes while on the rest of it it can escape in every direction.  You are really desperate to prove this fake.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2420 on: August 11, 2015, 09:10:55 PM »
Well, 'mikeman', I've already proven YOU to be fake, so deconstructing the shoddy conjuring trick shown in your fraudulent video should't be too hard, eh?

Speaking of sock-puppetry: Misero; Mainframes; Mikeman; Master_evar; Mikdatv; Mikeytlovzballs...

& of course Markjo.

Lots of names beginning with 'M' on this thread...

Of course, that won't ring any alarm bells for you CO-INCIDENCE THEORISTS, will it?

But the rest of us will LOL!!!

Anyway; back to your box & cubes full of lights, which you WILL answer my questions about, WITHOUT complaint, or be dismissed as Obstructive Witnesses...

So; you claim the holes radiate more heat than the surface of the box; care to put a figure on that, Thermodynamics Experts?

Also; what material are the prongs the conjuror's assistant uses to move the box made from?

Answers please, M-people.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2421 on: August 11, 2015, 09:40:10 PM »
Well, 'mikeman', I've already proven YOU to be fake, so deconstructing the shoddy conjuring trick shown in your fraudulent video should't be too hard, eh?

Really?  Show me where.  This certainly isn't the first time you have been this wrong about something.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2422 on: August 11, 2015, 10:18:12 PM »
Everyone following this thread knows what you are, 'mikeman'/markjo/etc.

The details of your self-incrimination can be found around pages 90/91, for those interested in going over old ground.

& do try to stay in character, 17 year old autistic super-genius; you're slipping...

Now STFU with your derailing & tell me what material the prongs the conjuror's female assistant uses to move the light-box are made from?

Also; would a thermometer held 4 inches from the holes in the side of the box register a different temperature to one held 4 inches from the top of the box?

If so, by how much?

Answer the questions.

« Reply #2423 on: August 12, 2015, 04:30:56 AM »
Everyone following this thread knows what you are, 'mikeman'/markjo/etc.

The details of your self-incrimination can be found around pages 90/91, for those interested in going over old ground.

& do try to stay in character, 17 year old autistic super-genius; you're slipping...

Now STFU with your derailing & tell me what material the prongs the conjuror's female assistant uses to move the light-box are made from?

Also; would a thermometer held 4 inches from the holes in the side of the box register a different temperature to one held 4 inches from the top of the box?

If so, by how much?

Answer the questions.

I would take a guess of either one of the refractory metals such as tungsten, or an alloy of one of these metals.

The thermometers would be very similar. The radiant heat is very slightly less on the side as the surface area incident to the block edge is lower due to the holes, however within these holes the air will be far hotter and this may convect out enough hot air to heat the thermometer. There are a few factors that would determine the final thermometer temperatures and would need modelling before a definitive answer could be given.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2424 on: August 12, 2015, 10:24:32 AM »
So; a thermometer placed equidistant to both the top of the light-box & its holes would register a similar temperature...

Good; Duly Noted..

But TUNGSTEN for the prongs?!?

Really?

Cos Tungsten is VERY heavy; perhaps the conjuror's assistant is also a weightlifter?

but whatever, Mr. Thermodynamics Expert; at what temperature does Tungsten become red-hot?

& how long does it take to do so?

Give me the lowest figures you can find if you wish...

The results will still be LOL!!!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2425 on: August 12, 2015, 10:31:26 AM »

First of all, i have aspergers, not autism.  Also, I am not a one dimensional character like you seem to think.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2426 on: August 12, 2015, 11:02:56 AM »
Nobody cares, derailing sock-puppet entity 'mikeman', so STFU.

Now, answer this, Cultists:

At what temperature does Tungsten become red-hot?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2427 on: August 12, 2015, 11:41:01 AM »
Nobody cares, derailing sock-puppet entity 'mikeman', so STFU.

Now, answer this, Cultists:

At what temperature does Tungsten become red-hot?

Everything glows red hot at the same temperature, and the coldest something can be while emitting a visible red light is about 800 degrees Celsius.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2428 on: August 12, 2015, 12:18:32 PM »
So; 800C = Red Hot.

Thank you, faux-aspie sock-puppet disinfo thing.

Next question: what temperature/type of radiant heat, from a source 4 inches away, would make Tungsten heat up to 800C within 1 second?

& would human skin, if exposed to a similar radiant heat source, be unharmed?

It's slow going; but we'll get there...

& the LOLS will flow!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2429 on: August 12, 2015, 12:40:13 PM »
So; 800C = Red Hot.

Thank you, faux-aspie sock-puppet disinfo thing.

Next question: what temperature/type of radiant heat, from a source 4 inches away, would make Tungsten heat up to 800C within 1 second?

& would human skin, if exposed to a similar radiant heat source, be unharmed?

It's slow going; but we'll get there...

& the LOLS will flow!

Yes, human skin would be harmed if exposed to such heat.  Unfortunately for you it's not being exposed to such heat in that video, the tiles have low conductivity and radiate heat away fast, so when they are first taken out of the oven they quickly radiate their heat away (heating up the tungsten) and by the time the guy picked it up it was cool again.

I again remind you that with 5 dollars and a fire pit you could buy fire brick and test this out for yourself.  Unless the government can control the laws of physics that would either uncover the conspiracy or prove us round earthers right.  What are you waiting for?