It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies
?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »
Fair enough.

Now go create a thread about China, eh?

Make even more of a fool of yourselves with your false analogies, which compare two things that do not share similar properties.

For example; China is ON & PART OF the earth, whereas SPACE is, well, pretty much the exact opposite...

Add that to the fact that all analogies will eventually break down into a reductio ad absurdum if argued over at length & you have a recipe for massive fail.

Which is probably what you want, as you seem to have no interest in 'truth' per se; just preventing other people discussing or discovering it.

Nice work, aspie; that hugbox must get lonely & frustrating... guess you need to vent somehow.

All the same, you can still stfu & get back into it... & take your FAILED analogy with you.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2015, 03:45:13 PM »
Fair enough.

Make even more of a fool of yourselves with your false analogies, which compare two things that do not share similar properties.

For example; China is ON & PART OF the earth, whereas SPACE is, well, pretty much the exact opposite...

Add that to the fact that all analogies will eventually break down into a reductio ad absurdum if argued over at length & you have a recipe for massive fail.

Which is probably what you want, as you seem to have no interest in 'truth' per se; just preventing other people discussing or discovering it.

Nice work, aspie; that hugbox must get lonely & frustrating... guess you need to vent somehow.

All the same, you can still stfu & get back into it... & take your FAILED analogy with you.

Mate, you just keep hammering these fools. Good work!
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »
So, if they didn't admit to being fictional (or known to be that by convention), then they are assumed to be true. Interesting.

I'll watch TV in a new light now. Thanks.

Not even close to what I said. Try again.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2015, 03:48:28 PM »
So, if they didn't admit to being fictional (or known to be that by convention), then they are assumed to be true. Interesting.

NASA in fact claims to do things for real so I am not sure why you bizarre guilty by omission argument is being made.

I'll watch TV in a new light now. Thanks.

Good for you.

Edit: Your "empirical" evidence about seeing the ISS are worthless to me. As are your beliefs about what technology is capable of.

Good thing your so bold opinion isn't worth much even on these fora.
[/quote]
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2015, 03:49:56 PM »
Bijane: my question has NOT been shown to be irrelevant, meaningless & a waste of time; all that has been shown is just how desperate you space-cadets are to make that out to be the case.

& the only way you had to do so was with a crappy analogy to Australia.

Which I destroyed several posts ago.
my analogy has NOT been shown to be irrelevant, meaningless & a waste of time; all that has been shown is just how desperate you Australia-cadets are to make that out to be the case.

Have you been to Australia yet?

Why does that stop your logic holding?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »
Fair enough.

Papa, I have three honest questions, and sorry in advance for pestering you.

Q1. Does your direct, unambiguous, empirical evidence model apply to everything that one has not personally experienced?
Because thats where i think Jane and Lemmi are going with their Australia analogy.

Q2. When, if ever, can someone's word on a subject mean anything if they haven't directly experienced it?

Q3. What are the differences between Australia/China/Djibouti and space in this model?
Because apparently the Karman line is what separates the earth from space, and that is only 100 km up.
I think it is probably further to go to get to Australia/China/Djibouti than it is to get to space.

Again, sorry to pester you, but you are going to reply anyway, so I thought I might ask a few questions.

BTW- What is a "hugbox"? I have never come across that term before.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #306 on: May 08, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »
Legion, tappet & I both told these BAWtists the same thing many posts ago; but they just lie & say we didn't.

What can you do? You can't debate with liars.

That's why I don't bother & just hammer home my point while sending up every stupid thing they say.

So it's good that they say a LOT of stupid things eh?

Like bijane just now; b.j. dear, you do realise that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery don't you?

It also shows a total lack of imagination; but then that's par for the course with you is it not?

Along with lying, idiocy, narcissism, illiteracy, lack of humour or logic & absence of all self-awareness & social skills.

But you still got your good old hugbox ain't you?

So STFU & get back into the goddamned thing & stop making a complete buffon of your sad, lonely self.

& scrotalsac; if you're now trying to say that space IS part of the earth then you can just STFU & crawl back into your hobbit-hole hugbox too... Reductio ad absurdum here we come!!!

You lot'll try anything won't you... Pathetic!

& STILL none of you have been to space, you utter, utter losers.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2015, 04:08:03 PM »
Legion, tappet & I both told these BAWtists the same thing many posts ago; but they just lie & say we didn't.

What can you do? You can't debate with liars.

That's why I don't bother & just hammer home my point while sending up every stupid thing they say.

So it's good that they say a LOT of stupid things eh?

Like bijane just now; b.j. dear, you do realise that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery don't you?

It also shows a total lack of imagination; but then that's par for the course with you is it not?

Along with lying, idiocy, narcissism, illiteracy, lack of humour or logic & absence of all self-awareness & social skills.

But you still got your good old hugbox ain't you?

So STFU & get back into the goddamned thing & stop making a complete buffon of your sad, lonely self.

& scrotalsac; if you're now trying to say that space IS part of the earth then you can just STFU & crawl back into your hobbit-hole hugbox too... Reductio ad absurdum here we come!!!

You lot'll try anything won't you... Pathetic!

& STILL none of you have been to space, you utter, utter losers.

HAVE YOU BEEN TO CHINA?

IF NOT YOU HAVE NO DIRECT, UNAMBIGUOUS EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOR WHAT IT'S LIKE.

& YOUR WORD ON THE SUBJECT IS WORTHLESS.

You THINK it isn't; but it IS.

I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2015, 04:09:51 PM »
So; mikeman.nasa.gov hasn't been to space either & thus has no 1st-hand evidence for anything he says on the subject.

This is like pulling teeth...

Anyhow; one more down.

Next!

Anyone else here been to space?
Have you PERSONALLY seen the ice wall to know its existence? How about the Sahara desert? Ever been to the deepest mine in the world? Ever seen a panda in the wild? Nope. FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKE.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #309 on: May 08, 2015, 04:38:18 PM »
What icewall? What pandas? What desert, you cranks?

Wtf you banging on about now?

& wtf's China got to do with it too; how many times do your piss-poor analogies have to be smashed before you give up on em?

It's like last friday again isn't it? You're all off on a mentalist foot-stamping & bed-wetting spree cos you can't handle being pwned so badly.

Lordy, Lordy... Sucks to be you don't it?

The truth is not in you, & you're so bent & twisted you have to screw your trousers on in the mornings.

& it gets worse: COS NONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN TO SPACE EITHER HAVE YOU?

Just Star Trek conventions & Comicon... LOL!!!

Keeeeeeeep on dreeeeeeeaming, space-believers; SOME day it'll happen... Won't it?

ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!

So long, space-mugs... Australia - LMAO!!!!

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #310 on: May 08, 2015, 04:41:36 PM »
What icewall? What pandas? What desert, you cranks?

Wtf you banging on about now?

& wtf's China got to do with it too; how many times do your piss-poor analogies have to be smashed before you give up on em?

It's like last friday again isn't it? You're all off on a mentalist foot-stamping & bed-wetting spree cos you can't handle being pwned so badly.

Lordy, Lordy... Sucks to be you don't it?

The truth is not in you, & you're so bent & twisted you have to screw your trousers on in the mornings.

& it gets worse: COS NONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN TO SPACE EITHER HAVE YOU?

Just Star Trek conventions & Comicon... LOL!!!

Keeeeeeeep on dreeeeeeeaming, space-believers; SOME day it'll happen... Won't it?

ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!

So long, space-mugs... Australia - LMAO!!!!

OLOLO, you stupid! How does space have anything to do with personal experience! ROFL! You wanktanker!

ROFLCOPTR!!!11

Anyway, I see its been 24 hours and you still haven't responded! I guess its because I am right!?? Can't believe you can even put your shurts on in the morning!! LOLOLOLoLoLoLLOO

Again:

HAVE YOU BEEN TO CHINA?

I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2015, 04:51:02 PM »
Lemmiwinks: it's amusing when I do it, but sounds super-lame coming from you; that's the problem with bad imitations.

They're just meh... Especially from autists.

You're beaten & out of arguments; I understand your pain.

But it's still funny!

See you at comicon, geek-boy... LOL!!!

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2015, 04:52:46 PM »
Lemmiwinks: it's amusing when I do it, but sounds super-lame coming from you; that's the problem with bad imitations.

They're just meh... Especially from autists.

You're beaten & out of arguments; I understand your pain.

But it's still funny!

See you at comicon, geek-boy... LOL!!!

LOLOL! NURD! UR NURD! NERD VRGIN WITH ACNE!

ROFLCOPTR!!1

HAVE YOU BEEN TO CHINA?

Misero

« Reply #313 on: May 08, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »
I really hate you. DEBATE WITH US USING SCIENTIFIC FACTS OF KINDLY GO AWAY. The sheer amount of morons/trolls here makes me glad we can merge the sites.

Oh, and about the autism joke, I want to find you and break your nose.

Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #314 on: May 08, 2015, 11:49:44 PM »
Misero: BAWWWWWW!!! Do you imagine I care what you think of me, or what you'd like to do to me? I've already stated that you are all NOTHING to me.

Got it?

And after last night's little shitpost rampage & lie-fest from you lot, don't you EVER dare call ME a 'troll' or tell ME how to 'debate'.

Now just tell us if you've gone to bloody space or sling your hook, BAWtie-boy.

Or call the mods; go running to daddy, little child...
But hang on, Rama Set's the forum daddy ain't he?

LOL!!!

You lot got NOTHING; your piss-poor Australia analogy is busted, despite your instant attempts at reductio ad absurdum; your attempt to quibble over what constitutes evidence is risible (like you can't just google it; you googled the cost of a bloody V2 fast enough didn't you? Cos you're ALL experts on space ain't you? LMAO!!!); your credibility is in tatters...

You're finished, the lot of you...

And STILL none of you seem to have actually been to space...

So you're in dire need of another dose of operant conditioning.

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TO SPACE?

SO YOUR WORD ON THE SUBJECT IS WORTHLESS.

But then again, I'd say last night's spazzed-out meltdown showed your word on pretty much EVERY subject isn't worth squat.

Now limp back out of your tramps-nest hugboxes & prove me wrong.

See you, space-tards!

?

tappet

« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2015, 12:00:30 AM »
I have not been to China.
The tv told me years ago there were too many people and they are running out of room so they should only have one kid.
I believed this.
Then recently the tv showed me "Wild China" Mountains, animals, forests and not a bloody person in sight, WTF.
So, I do not know what is true, I have not been there.
With no experience of China I will not be telling anybody what it is like.
You see, people think that I know fuck nothing, but in fact I know fuck all!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2015, 12:11:38 AM »
Indeed, tappet; you get it.
Legion gets it.
iWitness gets it.
Sceptimatic gets it.

The rest of these clods? No chance.

Btw, Misero; you wrote: 'DEBATE WITH US USING SCIENTIFIC FACTS OF KINDLY GO AWAY...'

Care to translate that for us, Mr. Scientist?

I take it Linguistics is not your speciality... though you're clearly 'special' in another way.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #317 on: May 09, 2015, 01:20:06 AM »
I have not been to China.
The tv told me years ago there were too many people and they are running out of room so they should only have one kid.
I believed this.
Then recently the tv showed me "Wild China" Mountains, animals, forests and not a bloody person in sight, WTF.
So, I do not know what is true, I have not been there.
With no experience of China I will not be telling anybody what it is like.
You see, people think that I know fuck nothing, but in fact I know fuck all!

You bring up a good point tappet. Have a read of this re. television (if you haven't yet):

http://onthewing.org/user/Ev_Four%20Arguments%20for%20Eliminating%20Television.pdf
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #318 on: May 09, 2015, 02:01:01 AM »
Indeed, Legion.

And let's not forget that the use of False Analogy is also a favourite tactic in Advertising, as well as in other forms of Propaganda & general Indoctrination.

Take note, space-drones... maybe you'll finally wise up a bit?

Mikey T.

« Reply #319 on: May 09, 2015, 02:03:59 AM »
Misero: BAWWWWWW!!! Do you imagine I care what you think of me, or what you'd like to do to me? I've already stated that you are all NOTHING to me.

Got it?

And after last night's little shitpost rampage & lie-fest from you lot, don't you EVER dare call ME a 'troll' or tell ME how to 'debate'.

Now just tell us if you've gone to bloody space or sling your hook, BAWtie-boy.

Or call the mods; go running to daddy, little child...
But hang on, Rama Set's the forum daddy ain't he?

LOL!!!

You lot got NOTHING; your piss-poor Australia analogy is busted, despite your instant attempts at reductio ad absurdum; your attempt to quibble over what constitutes evidence is risible (like you can't just google it; you googled the cost of a bloody V2 fast enough didn't you? Cos you're ALL experts on space ain't you? LMAO!!!); your credibility is in tatters...

You're finished, the lot of you...

And STILL none of you seem to have actually been to space...

So you're in dire need of another dose of operant conditioning.

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TO SPACE?

SO YOUR WORD ON THE SUBJECT IS WORTHLESS.

But then again, I'd say last night's spazzed-out meltdown showed your word on pretty much EVERY subject isn't worth squat.

Now limp back out of your tramps-nest hugboxes & prove me wrong.

See you, space-tards!
I believe you are attributing my actions to Misero.  This is incorrect.  Some may have  joined in the festivities, but since the admins are rather absent here, my goal was to get the racist troll to leave, I hope my actions were not in vain.
On a side note, If you would take Misero's word for it if he had went into space, why not take an astronaut's word for his/her experiences?  Why do all the thousands of videos and photos from space have to be faked, yet if one still image of a video when the camera distorts the image to look either concave or flat is the "real" thing?  Why do you lot have such a problem understanding your size in relation to the Earth?  That is the entire crux of the thing anyway, you do not understand science, so you do not trust it, you cannot reason beyond the simplest things around you, yet you insist that everyone else is stupid.  Why must all science be thrown out?  Why can't you lot come up with a map?  Wait I will answer that one.  Because every time you try to, it doesn't work with reality.  If you try to get it to work with the path of the sun, then distances are completely wrong, if you try to get it to work with distances then something else breaks.  No flat Earth map can explain the Southern hemisphere, Southern circumpolar stars and Northern circumpolar stars at the same time, no amount of misstating light refraction can explain sunsets, or the stars dropping below the horizon.  None of the explanations about how ships sink below the horizons work for flat Earth ideas either.  The perspective argument is completely broken, as most of you have no clue as to how light really works.  So you cling onto your little fantasy, thinking you are being cute by always either derailing a thread or bringing out strawman tactics, etc.  Your main sources of experimental data that you love to bring out disagrees with itself and other sources.  Odd how we need to make so many assumptions to get flat Earth to even work worth 1% of reality.  The only real argument you really have is "it looks flat".  Sorry this will not do as an explanation. 
Challenge me if you wish, I know you will.  I am expecting one in particular to say exactly what I think he will, and I will begin my pupet master routine with him as well.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #320 on: May 09, 2015, 02:21:09 AM »
So have you been to Australia yet?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #321 on: May 09, 2015, 02:25:33 AM »
Mikey T Lovzballs:

What makes you think I believe the Earth is flat?

I have never stated such a thing.

Nor does the fact that I am posting on a Flat-earth forum & disagree with all the space-believers here prove I believe the Earth is flat either; Legion does the same, yet he is not a 'flat-earther'.

So; what makes you think I believe the Earth to be flat?

& Bijane: start your own thread on the subject... Oh, you already have. & it's rubbish.

So get back there, via a quick stint in your hugbox.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #322 on: May 09, 2015, 02:27:18 AM »
Ok, new question:

Have you been to NASA yet?
If you have not, you have no direct, unambiguous, empirical evidence for what it is like there, so your opinion on the subject is worthless.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #323 on: May 09, 2015, 03:28:44 AM »
Mikey T Lovzballs:

What makes you think I believe the Earth is flat?

I have never stated such a thing.

Nor does the fact that I am posting on a Flat-earth forum & disagree with all the space-believers here prove I believe the Earth is flat either; Legion does the same, yet he is not a 'flat-earther'.

So; what makes you think I believe the Earth to be flat?

& Bijane: start your own thread on the subject... Oh, you already have. & it's rubbish.

So get back there, via a quick stint in your hugbox.
Can you please answer my questions?
The question being: does this model of empirical evidence and personal experience apply to all subjects one has not personally experienced?

Its a pretty simple question, so don't get all snarky at me please.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

« Reply #324 on: May 09, 2015, 06:08:41 AM »
-----------------------
I believe you are attributing my actions to Misero.  This is incorrect.  Some may have  joined in the festivities, but since the admins are rather absent here, my goal was to get the racist troll to leave, I hope my actions were not in vain.
On a side note, If you would take Misero's word for it if he had went into space, why not take an astronaut's word for his/her experiences?  Why do all the thousands of videos and photos from space have to be faked, yet if one still image of a video when the camera distorts the image to look either concave or flat is the "real" thing?  Why do you lot have such a problem understanding your size in relation to the Earth?  That is the entire crux of the thing anyway, you do not understand science, so you do not trust it, you cannot reason beyond the simplest things around you, yet you insist that everyone else is stupid.  Why must all science be thrown out?  Why can't you lot come up with a map?  Wait I will answer that one.  Because every time you try to, it doesn't work with reality.  If you try to get it to work with the path of the sun, then distances are completely wrong, if you try to get it to work with distances then something else breaks.  No flat Earth map can explain the Southern hemisphere, Southern circumpolar stars and Northern circumpolar stars at the same time, no amount of misstating light refraction can explain sunsets, or the stars dropping below the horizon.  None of the explanations about how ships sink below the horizons work for flat Earth ideas either.  The perspective argument is completely broken, as most of you have no clue as to how light really works.  So you cling onto your little fantasy, thinking you are being cute by always either derailing a thread or bringing out strawman tactics, etc.  Your main sources of experimental data that you love to bring out disagrees with itself and other sources.  Odd how we need to make so many assumptions to get flat Earth to even work worth 1% of reality.  The only real argument you really have is "it looks flat".  Sorry this will not do as an explanation. 
Challenge me if you wish, I know you will.  I am expecting one in particular to say exactly what I think he will, and I will begin my pupet master routine with him as well.
[/quote]

Fantastic incite into the way conspiracy theorists minds work, Mikey. It doesn't matter what it is, NASA, 911, FE, Vaccines, Fluoride in the water, anything Heiwa says, it all boils down to that. 
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

Misero

« Reply #325 on: May 09, 2015, 06:13:35 AM »
The mind of a conspiracy theorist lines up exactly with this:
"Humans like to make all of their problems into a single thing they can fight, and not treat it as the complex web of problems that it is."

« Reply #326 on: May 09, 2015, 06:37:01 AM »
"Humans like to make all of their problems into a single thing they can fight, and not treat it as the complex web of problems that it is."

Can't argue with that.
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #327 on: May 09, 2015, 07:42:42 AM »

What an idiotic thing to write.

1. Have you studied the mind of a conspiracy theorist? If so, which one(s)?
2. Who are you quoting? Quotation marks indicate the words are not yours, so the source should be provided.
3. What is the evidence/reasoning behind this conclusion?

Misero

« Reply #328 on: May 09, 2015, 07:46:24 AM »
Why do you think there is a conspiracy out to get you and all other people knowing the truth? And I got that quote from a children's show called Steven Universe. (To put it in context, they were talking about a man who thinks snake people rule the world). Another one:
"Humans lead short, unimportant lives, so they personify their problems to give the illusion of making some sort of difference"

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2015, 07:59:47 AM »
Misero wrote: 'I got that quote from a children's show...'

LOL!!! 

Says it all really...

1 Corinthians 13:11. Read it; maybe you'll learn something.

Though somehow I doubt it.