It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2015, 08:07:25 AM »
Indeed, Legion.

And let's not forget that the use of False Analogy is also a favourite tactic in Advertising, as well as in other forms of Propaganda & general Indoctrination.
What about your use of the false dichotomy?  You keep insisting that personal experience is the only way to gather "DIRECT, UNAMBIGUOUS EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE".  In fact, personal experience is often very ambiguous and biased.  Human senses are very easy to fool and are not very quantitative.  After all, without looking at a barometer, can you tell me what the air pressure is in millibars where you're at right now?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2015, 08:21:30 AM »
1 Corinthians 13:11. Read it; maybe you'll learn something.

Though somehow I doubt it.

When somebody quotes from the Bible in any scientific debate, it inevitably indicates two things:

Their knowledge of the sciences is very limited, particularly with regard to astrophysics and geophysics.
They seriously believe millennial-old myths and fairy stories about demons and wizards, and so-called miracles.

There is NO place in science for religion, as science relies on empirical evidence for its tenets, and not fantastical stories written by ignorant camel-jockeys thousands of years ago.  An old, heavy Bible does make a good doorstop though LOL.
There's something in this forum that makes you can't speak well...

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2015, 08:34:28 AM »
Mikey T Lovzballs:

What makes you think I believe the Earth is flat?

I have never stated such a thing.

Nor does the fact that I am posting on a Flat-earth forum & disagree with all the space-believers here prove I believe the Earth is flat either; Legion does the same, yet he is not a 'flat-earther'.

So; what makes you think I believe the Earth to be flat?

& Bijane: start your own thread on the subject... Oh, you already have. & it's rubbish.

So get back there, via a quick stint in your hugbox.

Papa Legless,   still trolling I see, was your bank holiday weekend a bust?

If you don't think the earth is flat,  why does your avatar have "In your heart you know it's flat"  proudly proclaimed for all to see?

So if that's not what you really think, then that makes you a shill  ( in the true sense of the word ).   

While we are talking about shills,  it seems that the meaning of the word is in the process of changing, from someone who pretends to be on your side while secretly undermining you,  to just a generic derogatory term.
I think you might be trying to qualify for both versions.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:37:18 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2015, 08:37:12 AM »

When somebody quotes from the Bible in any scientific debate, it inevitably indicates two things:

Their knowledge of the sciences is very limited, particularly with regard to astrophysics and geophysics.
They seriously believe millennial-old myths and fairy stories about demons and wizards, and so-called miracles.

There is NO place in science for religion, as science relies on empirical evidence for its tenets, and not fantastical stories written by ignorant camel-jockeys thousands of years ago.  An old, heavy Bible does make a good doorstop though LOL.

This thread was started by someone with deep religious convictions. What you think constitutes evidence is irrelevant. If people want to quote religious text and you don't like it, I suggest you go and troll somewhere else.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2015, 09:57:45 AM »
This thread was started by someone with deep religious convictions.
I don't really care how "deep" anybody's religious "convictions" are. (In fact, the deeper they are the more likely are their opinions to be biassed.)  Anybody who relies on religious dogma is wasting their time, and others', because by accepting the fantasy of religion they automatically (and probably inadvertently) preclude many of the scientific tenets that have been unequivocally proven by EVERY scientist in the world over a period of centuries.  There is not one single scientist in the world today that accepts any shape other than spherical for our planet.  Also, the mere fact that the OP has such deep religious convictions makes him a very poor candidate for debating astrophysics and geophysics, as he (presumably) thinks the planet is only 6,000 years old, and everything was created by some omniscient and omnipotent "god".  Which of course is an absurd belief in the 21st century.

What you think constitutes evidence is irrelevant. If people want to quote religious text and you don't like it, I suggest you go and troll somewhere else.
Not so.  What constitutes evidence is critical in any debate.  I do not merely "think" I have presented evidence; I have actually done so.  If your defence of your religious buddy amounts to nothing more than telling me to go elsewhere, then you obviously have very little ammunition in your flat earth armoury.  Or are you so arrogant that you think you can memberate this forum?

Presumably - having responded so aggressively - you too accept the Bible as a factual document?
There's something in this forum that makes you can't speak well...

« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2015, 10:20:40 AM »
Misero wrote: 'I got that quote from a children's show...'

LOL!!! 

Says it all really...

So 1 Corinthians 13:11 says;"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

That tells me one should grow up and stop thinking everyone else is stupid (a childish way of thinking) and realize that the world doesn't work through magic, conspiracies and imagination. It tells me that, although it my be easier to stay childish, you have to give them up ("put away" implies work) to become an adult.

As for quoting a children's show, truth is truth, no matter where you find it.

I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2015, 11:27:15 AM »
The usual massive, stinking, dump of assumption, non-sequiturs & fail from all of you (Legion excepted).

You really are all stupid, aren't you?

Rayzor seems to think he has solid proof that I'm a 'flat-earther'; anyone agree with him?

Happy fascist coprophage markjo seems to think he has any credibility left on this thread whatsoever.

& as for Dame Edna/ausGeoff: LOL!

Nice try, you bottom-feeding shitehawk.

But this is NOT a 'scientific debate'; & if I quote the bible it is because I thought it relevant to Misero's piss-poor post.

Being educated, I can quote a lot of sources - none of which I necessarily agree with totally - but any of which I may deem relevant at a particular time.

You know this very well; but being a parasitic, dishonest, scumbag you couldn't but help from leaping in to twist my words, could you?

Luckily, everybody here already hates you, so I don't need to add much extra persuasion for em to see you for the truly loathsome, non-entitical, lying windbag that you are.

Pathetic... As ever.

Good luck with the space travel; how's that going btw?

LOL!!!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2015, 11:52:22 AM »
Well?

Come on, smart-asses...

Rayzor appears to have caught me with my pants down; wanna line up behind him?

Also; it's funny how Jolly Nazi coprophage Markjo was calling me an 'atheist fundamentalist' a few posts back, yet now I'm suddenly a Bible-Basher, isn't it?

Flip-flopping is a sign of Liars, Trolls & bedrock madmen; but none of you fit those categories do you?

Enough of that though; any of you agree with Rayzor?

I'll give you a while to confer, you cowardly dogs, before I kick your sorry asses yet again...

Though one of you may have wooshed up to space & back in that time, thus rendering the kicking moot...

Yet somehow I doubt it... LOL!!!

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2015, 11:59:47 AM »
So have you been to Australia yet?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »
But this is NOT a 'scientific debate';
Well duh.  Your refusal to answer any questions put to you and constant ranting has made that quite clear.

Also; it's funny how Jolly Nazi coprophage Markjo was calling me an 'atheist fundamentalist' a few posts back, yet now I'm suddenly a Bible-Basher, isn't it?
Umm...  No.  I never said any of that. 

BTW, I think that you might be confusing "Bible-Basher" and "Bible-Thumper".

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2015, 12:18:56 PM »
No, happy fascist markjo; YOUR vile coprophage postings made it clear this was NOT a scientific debate!

& yes you did; but lying must be second nature to you by now, after your umpteen thousand posts here, so no surprise there.

But anyway; do you agree with Rayzor, incontinent student buddy?

Or do you prefer to sit on the fence, in your sodden, reeking diapers?

& bijane; do I hear a butthurt mouse?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:23:27 PM by Papa Legba »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »
Simple question: I say that I have never stated I am a flat-earther; Rayzor claims to have proof that I am lying.

Who is right?

Me?

Or Rayzor?

When you've got far enough out of your squalid hugboxes to reach your keyboards & sort out which of your sock-puppets are supposed to say what, then let me know.

Til then, so long space-suckers!

Mikey T.

« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2015, 01:01:04 PM »
So, I'll admit I was possible incorrect about your flat Earth ideas.  Yet with the way you spew insults and complement the other flat Earth trolls, and your avatar statement, you do smell of it.
So for now I will not expect flat Earth arguments from you, I see that you are in fact trolling. 
So explain, without insulting comments, what you want to say you believe in. (I can almost promise you will not do this simple thing)
Let's get your beliefs right out there on the table.  (This will prove you are not a troll and remove some of your troll tactics if you are)

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2015, 01:14:11 PM »

Why would I be hurt that you've never been to Australia?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2015, 01:31:08 PM »

Why would I be hurt that you've never been to Australia?

Are you female?
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

?

tappet

« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2015, 02:45:45 PM »
So, I'll admit I was possible incorrect about your flat Earth ideas.  Yet with the way you spew insults and complement the other flat Earth trolls, and your avatar statement, you do smell of it.

Your hatred toward FEers is obvious.
Something is not quite right. Maybe you should leave this forum and go chill for a while, maybe go mow the lawn or something.
At the very least ask yourself what you are doing here.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #346 on: May 09, 2015, 02:53:31 PM »

Something is not quite right. Maybe you should leave this forum and go chill for a while, maybe go mow the lawn or something.

Mikey, you should also acknowledge that as this is the Flat Earth Society forum, a flat earther cannot, by definition, be a troll. If you can't see that, then you are lost.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #347 on: May 09, 2015, 03:12:28 PM »
Mikey, you should also acknowledge that as this is the Flat Earth Society forum, a flat earther cannot, by definition, be a troll.
Incorrect.  The Urban Dictionary defines a troll as "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."  Many here who claim to be FE'ers most certainly fit this definition.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #348 on: May 09, 2015, 06:56:47 PM »
You've also called me a flat-earther, happy fascist markjo; as have several other of your drooling brethren throughout this thread.

& how is my asking a bunch of sneering toss-pots who hang round where they're not welcome, stinking the place out with their space-bullshit, whether any of em have actually BEEN to the place they're so fond of mocking anyone who dares doubt their second-hand knowledge of, in any way, shape or form 'trolling'?

It's more like a public service.

Kinda like scrubbing toilets; which was one of the first insults you lot threw my way, that you now wet your pants about getting back ten-fold...
Hypocrisy being yet another of your manifold failings, along with cowardice.

This is your lot's biggest problem: you bang on about 'science' & 'logic' & 'evidence' but none of you even know how to read.

Don't agree? Then read the thread again... Oh, wait - you can't!

Alternatively, just join rayzor in claiming the statement 'in your heart you know it's flat' proves that I think the earth is flat; how do you think that'll work out for you?

Idiots...

& mikey t illiterate; you can just S.T.F.U & get back in your bluster-filled, cat-piss-reeking hugbox; you joined this thread with some tl;dr wank-athon about how you were going to be 'the puppet master' & fell flat on your face at the very first step - LOL!!!

You're just another transparent clown like bijane, so don't tell me what I am or what to do, you pompous slack-jawed popinjay.

MY beliefs are neither here nor there; YOUR fairy-tale beliefs are the issue here, so stick to the topic or GTF out & spam another thread with your random blah & fail.

& the topic is: 'what is your personal experience of space travel?' Go on, mikey tl;dr - answer us; then you can go into your 'puppet-master' routine...

I'm sure it'll be a masterpiece of genius & cunning.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:03:30 PM by Papa Legba »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #349 on: May 09, 2015, 07:04:33 PM »
Simple question: I say that I have never stated I am a flat-earther; Rayzor claims to have proof that I am lying.

Papa Legless,   maybe you should read that post again,  we all agree that you are a troll.  What is undecided is whether or not you qualify as a shill.
I have a cunning plan to find out the truth...  a plan so cunning it would get Baldrick to give up turnips..  sidles up casually to the Legless Papa, and whispers innocently ...

Papa Legless, do you think the earth is flat?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:14:48 PM by Rayzor »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »
You've also called me a flat-earther, happy fascist markjo;
If I have, then you shouldn't have any trouble providing a relevant citation.  Otherwise, take your incessant trolling to AR.

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »
Wait a second.

How do we know Papa Legba exists?

We don't have any empirical evidence for his existence. All we have is some forum account that could easily be a bot. He does constantly repeat statements.
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2015, 07:45:32 PM »
Markjo: You want ME to give a 'citation'? For the gibberish that YOU spouted on a Flat Earth internet forum?

LMAO!!! You are beyond parody...

But you did say it; thus demonstrating that you also have memory problems to add to your multiple other handicaps, official bed-wetter & happy fascist coprophage markjo.

Neutral readers are welcome to trawl through all the non-posts you've made on this thread to find where you lump me in with the flat-earthers; I prefer not to waste my time.

Or do a single goddamn thing that a bowel-movement-fetishist nazi internet non-entity demands of me for that matter.

Fact is that you have not been to space; you have no 1st-hand experience of this thing you are so expert on.

Thus, your word on the subject is worthless.

Dream on, sewer-sucking space-drone!

& ellimist: Yawn! If I don't exist then stop talking to me; you will not be missed...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #353 on: May 09, 2015, 07:49:09 PM »
Markjo: You want ME to give a 'citation'? For the gibberish that YOU spouted on a Flat Earth internet forum?
Yes.  I want you to support a claim that you made with some evidence.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #354 on: May 09, 2015, 08:03:09 PM »
Rayzor: you already claim to have proved that I am a 'flat-earther'; so why do you now ask me if I am?

Is it because you were wrong?

Because you can not read?

You're just another drone-bot who's credibility is shot.

& also, amazingly, has not been to space...

Yaaaaawn!!!

Like fish in a barrel...

& markjo; let me explain: shut up.

Any neutral reading this thread will by now know - beyond all doubt - that nothing you write is worth reading.

I only read it myself so that I can pick the best bits to mock you with.

So STFU, get back in your unspeakably decorated hugbox & keep bleating for 'citations' from there...

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #355 on: May 09, 2015, 08:11:38 PM »
Rayzor: you already claim to have proved that I am a 'flat-earther'; so why do you now ask me if I am?

Ok,  you're a flat agnostic troll.

If you insist on trolling,  at least learn to do it properly,  all you are doing is spewing out random insults and exposing us poor innocents to your weird fetish for excrement.

Trolling done properly,  has an element of humor and entertainment,  and your efforts so far show little imagination and variety, even the insults are getting repetitive.

Lift your game Papa Leghorn, 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:28:50 PM by Rayzor »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #356 on: May 09, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »
& markjo; let me explain: shut up.

Any neutral reading this thread will by now know - beyond all doubt - that nothing you write is worth reading.

I only read it myself so that I can pick the best bits to mock you with.

So STFU, get back in your unspeakably decorated hugbox & keep bleating for 'citations' from there...
So you admit that can't prove that I ever referred to you as a FE'er (or pretty much anything else that you say)?  Good to know.

Mikey T.

« Reply #357 on: May 10, 2015, 12:47:43 AM »

I can assuredly tell you that my initial reasons for being here were in fact to find out why.  But in my time here I have seen enough to make me understand what this place really is for most of the posters here.  It is not for discussion of possible flat Earth ideas.  I am only giving back a small portion of what I have received here when trying to refute some of your nonsense.  So you do not like my new attitude towards your?  I can sit here and try to explain things and am called a liar, a shill, stupid, all manner of things, but when I do start to act in defense of myself it is too strong for you then.  I see the weak mindedness of so many here, and only pressure those who seem to have the shittiest of attitudes towards others.  Is it my fault I can easily make you dance for me?  I can post certain things and know what your response is going to be before you do.  It has added a new level of fun to the board watching certain people squirm.  If they learn a lesson and start actually discussing things again, am I not doing the forum a benefit?  Or do you wish to continue to just be the laughing stock of the flat Earth believers?  The place where the trolls who just want to argue go.   The place where only a very select few actually believe the flat earth stuff they are posting about.  I only ask that you defend your positions, if you cannot, do not make them public.  On that note, Do you see me attacking people like th3rm0 who will at least discuss things without resorting to insulting behavior?  I haven't even messed with you tappet.  Yet.  I have yet to see anyone refute anything I have posted, there have been some straw man tactics, and some general hand waving, but nothing that comes close to a rebuttal.  So the forum became boring to me, and I have now decided to start highlighting a little of the BS I see, all while making my little puppets dance when I wish them to.  There is no hatred in my heart for any of you.  So do not think that your accusations affect me at all. 
Papa, I asked for a clarification on what you believe.  Your initial response is not what I asked.  You do however do a nice troll dance when I instruct you to.  Let's see more of your insulting ways little puppet.  Dance again. 
Legion, saying that a flat Earth supporter cannot be a troll is a misstating of the definition of the term.  So you are saying that anyone who agrees with you cannot be a troll then?  Yes it is the flat Earth society, sorta, but when you open your doors to debate and the ones claiming to support your claims are doing nothing but making your entire idea stupid and throwing insults around just to get the discussion into an argument then they are trolls.  The weak minded response to anything you cannot refute is to go to insults.  This is what I see here. 
So no I do not think I will go away tappet.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #358 on: May 10, 2015, 12:51:22 AM »
Markjo: No, I didn't admit that; yet again you show your utter inability to read.

Unsurprising, from someone who doesn't even know what the word 'ALL' means...

You know, for a while there, happy-fascist markjo, I thought you were to be my new source of comedy gold, now that bijane has retreated into her mouse-hole Australian hugbox; but everything you write really is too empty, insipid & tedious even for that.

What exactly is your point then?

Rayzor: Let me explain to you too: shut up.

& also learn to read.

But enough of all that; this thread is not about you.

It's about me. And I've decided it's now time for another operant conditioning session.

Now, I realise that operant conditioning works best in conjunction with some form of reward/punishment regime; sadly for you, though, I'm all out of Carrots...

So you'll just have to keep settling for the Stick.

Anyhow: IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO SPACE THEN YOU HAVE NO DIRECT & UNAMBIGUOUS EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOR WHAT IT'S LIKE.

THEREFORE YOUR WORD ON THE SUBJECT IS WORTHLESS

Oh, & Mikey T L;dr - tl;dr, 'puppet-master'.

?

tappet

« Reply #359 on: May 10, 2015, 01:28:30 AM »

I can assuredly tell you that my initial reasons for being here were in fact to find out why.  But in my time here I have seen enough to make me understand what this place really is for most of the posters here.  It is not for discussion of possible flat Earth ideas.  I am only giving back a small portion of what I have received here when trying to refute some of your nonsense.  So you do not like my new attitude towards your?  I can sit here and try to explain things and am called a liar, a shill, stupid, all manner of things, but when I do start to act in defense of myself it is too strong for you then.  I see the weak mindedness of so many here, and only pressure those who seem to have the shittiest of attitudes towards others.  Is it my fault I can easily make you dance for me?  I can post certain things and know what your response is going to be before you do.  It has added a new level of fun to the board watching certain people squirm.  If they learn a lesson and start actually discussing things again, am I not doing the forum a benefit?  Or do you wish to continue to just be the laughing stock of the flat Earth believers?  The place where the trolls who just want to argue go.   The place where only a very select few actually believe the flat earth stuff they are posting about.  I only ask that you defend your positions, if you cannot, do not make them public.  On that note, Do you see me attacking people like th3rm0 who will at least discuss things without resorting to insulting behavior?  I haven't even messed with you tappet.  Yet.  I have yet to see anyone refute anything I have posted, there have been some straw man tactics, and some general hand waving, but nothing that comes close to a rebuttal.  So the forum became boring to me, and I have now decided to start highlighting a little of the BS I see, all while making my little puppets dance when I wish them to.  There is no hatred in my heart for any of you.  So do not think that your accusations affect me at all. 
Papa, I asked for a clarification on what you believe.  Your initial response is not what I asked.  You do however do a nice troll dance when I instruct you to.  Let's see more of your insulting ways little puppet.  Dance again. 
Legion, saying that a flat Earth supporter cannot be a troll is a misstating of the definition of the term.  So you are saying that anyone who agrees with you cannot be a troll then?  Yes it is the flat Earth society, sorta, but when you open your doors to debate and the ones claiming to support your claims are doing nothing but making your entire idea stupid and throwing insults around just to get the discussion into an argument then they are trolls.  The weak minded response to anything you cannot refute is to go to insults.  This is what I see here. 
So no I do not think I will go away tappet.
Nek minute !