Flat Earth "Leader" Gets His Best 5 Points Ruined!!

• 67 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Flat Earth "Leader" Gets His Best 5 Points Ruined!!
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2018, 04:49:03 AM »
Thanks for the new video, Rabinoz. I hadnt seen it yet. Much appreciated!

Mark Sargent appears to be sincere, but he has a hidden agenda.

As a professional computer game player he may have been brilliant, but as a self-taught scientist with absolutely no formal science training, he absolutely sucks. He also sucked years ago, when tackling the 9/11 world trade center conspiracy theories, with his high level computer game background.

Seriously, if he's so interested in geography, why isnt he doing a geography course? Oh, that's right, he's not, he's only interested in conspiracy theories. Someone is always conspiring, trying to con the masses, aren't they? ;)
I honestly did expect a little better from Mark Sargent, this "paragon" of the modern flat-earth movement.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2018, 10:15:46 AM »
Thanks for the new video, Rabinoz. I hadnt seen it yet. Much appreciated!

Mark Sargent appears to be sincere, but he has a hidden agenda.

As a professional computer game player he may have been brilliant, but as a self-taught scientist with absolutely no formal science training, he absolutely sucks. He also sucked years ago, when tackling the 9/11 world trade center conspiracy theories, with his high level computer game background.

Seriously, if he's so interested in geography, why isnt he doing a geography course? Oh, that's right, he's not, he's only interested in conspiracy theories. Someone is always conspiring, trying to con the masses, aren't they? ;)
I honestly did expect a little better from Mark Sargent, this "paragon" of the modern flat-earth movement.

No, you didn't.

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2018, 02:23:13 PM »
I like the fact he is addressing a canadian audience but won't be bothered with metric conversion.
Still no comments from flat earthers?
You can't fix FE.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2018, 02:39:31 PM »
No, you didn't.
I'm sorry, Mr Bullwinkle, when I first viewed Mark Sargent's address at the FE convention I really did expect some less trivial questions from someone of his experience.

His questions were so easily debunked that it's quite laughable - still, I guess that's typical of most flat-earthers mentality.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2018, 03:28:11 PM »
Why do you guys always expect us to defend Mark Sargent? If you want to talk to him, find out where he posts.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2018, 06:45:44 PM »
Why do you guys always expect us to defend Mark Sargent? If you want to talk to him, find out where he posts.
I wouldn't expect you to defend the indefensible but he has, I believe, been referenced by John Davis a few times.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »
Daniel of The FES is the person who took up and continued the so important legacy of FET with its research and perpetuation of purpose.

Until an official press release is offered by Daniel announcing a new leader, he continues to hold reign over all FEers.   

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »
Daniel of The FES is the person who took up and continued the so important legacy of FET with its research and perpetuation of purpose.

Until an official press release is offered by Daniel announcing a new leader, he continues to hold reign over all FEers.   
I mean no disrespect to Daniel but saying that he "continues to hold reign over all FEers" is a gross exaggeration.
Of course, I respect his leadership of this society but the society at TFES.org seems to be lead by Parsifal.

But these two societies represent just a few of the flat-Earthers spread over the Globe.
Then there is the International Flat Earth Research Society headed by Eric Dubay and I could go on and on.

Then apart from the many other flat-earth groups there is the FEIC that the very prominent flat-earth proponent was addressing in those videos.
The 2018 Flat Earth International Conference (FEIC) is the 2nd annual conference hosted by Kryptoz Media. FEIC features presenters from various backgrounds and belief systems who have each made an impact on the larger Flat Earth community. FEIC is not in any way affiliated with the Flat Earth Society.
And the FEIC takes pains to stress "FEIC is not in any way affiliated with the Flat Earth Society.".

This place, I'm sorry to say, represents only a tiny fraction of the flat-earthers out there.

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2018, 09:59:17 PM »

I mean no disrespect to Daniel but saying that he "continues to hold reign over all FEers" is a gross exaggeration.
Of course, I respect his leadership of this society but the society at TFES.org seems to be lead by Parsifal.

But these two societies represent just a few of the flat-Earthers spread over the Globe.
Then there is the International Flat Earth Research Society headed by Eric Dubay and I could go on and on.

Then apart from the many other flat-earth groups there is the FEIC that the very prominent flat-earth proponent was addressing in those videos.
The 2018 Flat Earth International Conference (FEIC) is the 2nd annual conference hosted by Kryptoz Media. FEIC features presenters from various backgrounds and belief systems who have each made an impact on the larger Flat Earth community. FEIC is not in any way affiliated with the Flat Earth Society.
And the FEIC takes pains to stress "FEIC is not in any way affiliated with the Flat Earth Society.".

This place, I'm sorry to say, represents only a tiny fraction of the flat-earthers out there.

And to rabs point -
https://expandingcircle.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/carnivore-support-group.jpg?w=604&h=451

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2018, 02:57:36 AM »
Just to  ;) restore the balance ;) here are the "Top 10 Reasons to Believe That the EARTH IS FLAT":
His FET may differ slightly from that of this society.
He does, however, refer to Samuel Rowbotham, Charles K Johnson, Daniel Shenton and quotes from the great Flat Earth Theoretician Tom Bishop.

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2018, 02:47:05 AM »
Rabinoz, you cruel cruel bastard, posting that video up! ;) That entire video was like all your posts wrapped up in one presentation. Are you sure that isn't you presenting?

Is he exaggerating the numbers? 100 flat earth believers to 7 000 000 000 globe earth believers???????????

Hey, flat earth belief is at least benign. People are entitled to believe what they like, however illogical those beliefs may be.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2018, 04:37:28 AM »
Rabinoz, you cruel cruel bastard, posting that video up! ;) That entire video was like all your posts wrapped up in one presentation. Are you sure that isn't you presenting?

Is he exaggerating the numbers? 100 flat earth believers to 7 000 000 000 globe earth believers???????????
I'd agree that he's grossly exaggerating with his "100 flat earth believers" and some of his FET might be wrong but who'd know?
It's hard to find two flat earthers that agree anyway! But, heck, the whole video's a "spoof".

Quote from: Sunset
Hey, flat earth belief is at least benign. People are entitled to believe what they like, however illogical those beliefs may be.
Sure, possibly "flat earth belief" itself "is . . . . . . .  benign" and "people are entitled to believe what they like".
It ceases to be so benign, however, when:
  • people like Mark Sargent:
    tell total lies about the history of the Globe and the flat-Earth, as in:

FLAT EARTH Clues Introduction - Mark Sargent
    Here he claims that Copernicus introduced the earth's being a Globe, when that had been the accepted shape for some 1800 years.

tell total lies about the NASA and the Apollo missions, as in:

Flat Earth & The greatest science fiction story ever told - Mirror, markksargent

• Post vile anti-NASA videos as does Jeranism (Jeran Campanella) asking "who is telling us to trust them, is it KNOWN LIARS? Killers? Masons? Nazis? Satan Worshipers? " as in:

NASA Lies! Send Bill Nye To Space Guys! jeranism

I could go on and on with many more that regularly post such videos and reading some of the comments is often more telling.

Now, I'll agree that most on this site are doing no harm and I'm more than willing to debate and discuss issues with them.
A couple might be labelled as "entertaining kooks" but I could name a few who aren't so benign.

Make no mistake, while this site serves a useful service, the Flat Earth Movement at large is a serious matter.
And the real problem is that deep down it's just a symptom of the failings in our modern education system, which does border on indoctrination.
Neil deGrasse Tyson has a lot to say on that important topic.

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2018, 01:50:01 PM »
As a professional computer game player he may have been brilliant
Or it may be just more bullshit.  I notice his bio doesn't actually say which game he was pro at - it seems pretty unlikely, especially 25 years ago.

I don't think he's particularly sincere - he just wants something to monetize on youtube, and flat earth was hot, so he got into that shit.  He'll quickly move on as people get bored of flat earth and move on to some other conspiracy theory.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2018, 03:06:53 PM »
Jimmy the crab, you beat me to it. I also believe he'll move on to the next big conspiracy theory when this one goes flat, er, or in this case, round. What qualifications does professional computer game player hold? Oh, flat earth leader, or perhaps, getting the message out there for something else......

I wouldn't be surprised if his caper turns out to all be a promotional gimmick for his own computer game he's working on, titled, "Flat World."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2018, 04:09:04 PM »
Jimmy the crab, you beat me to it. I also believe he'll move on to the next big conspiracy theory when this one goes flat, er, or in this case, round. What qualifications does professional computer game player hold? Oh, flat earth leader, or perhaps, getting the message out there for something else......

I wouldn't be surprised if his caper turns out to all be a promotional gimmick for his own computer game he's working on, titled, "Flat World."
Maybe he could base it on Terry Pratchett's Discworld. It makes (almost) perfect sense.

Terry Pratchett's "Discworld" is a more coherent model than the one the Flat Earth Society presents but it is not like our world in a number of respects.

Here's the "Discworld Fan Club", You might learn something from Discworld Wiki and for "serious study", you might read: Discworld Wiki, The Science of Discworld.

Have fun on Discworld.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2018, 05:08:15 PM »
it is productive to see other FE interested sites on the net as long as their motivation is real and proper.

They help expose more people to FET.

However, our FES's are credited with continuing the official line of FET  Our combined voices are and will remain the go-to contributors of FE legacy.       

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2018, 05:38:49 PM »
it is productive to see other FE interested sites on the net as long as their motivation is real and proper.
Of course the "motivation is real and proper".
One motivation is to show the total distortion of history by various popular flat-earth video presenters including Mark Sargent.
And another is pointing out how some flat-earth YouTube video presenters, the worst being Jeranism (Jeran Campanella), make vile emotive accusations against their opponents like their being "KNOWN LIARS? Killers? Masons? Nazis? Satan Worshipers? "

Quote from: gotham
And I'll do my best to expose the evil side of many YouTube proponents of the flat-earth like Jeran Campanella and
the many incorrect and deceptive claims made by even prominent flat-Earthers like Mark Sargent.

However, our FES's are credited with continuing the official line of FET  Our combined voices are and will remain the go-to contributors of FE legacy.       
I am not accusing members here of the worst of the above but none can deny that for the Earth to be flat many hundreds of thousands have to be accused of lying. Just look up "Place of the Conspiracy in FET" in your Wiki.

You might claim "the official line of FET" but I fail to see that with so few real flat-Earthers here and no consistent FET.
There seems to be no agreement on even an "official Flat-Earth map" and in my opinion, no accurate Flat-Earth map = no Flat-Earth.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »

There seems to be no agreement on even an "official Flat-Earth map" and in my opinion, no accurate Flat-Earth map = no Flat-Earth.

Do you also believe the Earth was not spherical until someone built a globe model?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2018, 06:23:11 PM »

Do you also believe the Earth was not spherical until someone built a globe model?

Yes.

Insofar as to why wouldn't it be flat? Until the advent of myriad measurable observations both terrestrial and celestial, navigation enhancements, etc., the list goes on. In other words, modernity.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 06:26:06 PM »
Of course the "motivation is real and proper".
One motivation is to show the total distortion of history by various popular flat-earth video presenters including Mark Sargent.
And another is pointing out how some flat-earth YouTube video presenters, the worst being Jeranism (Jeran Campanella), make vile emotive accusations against their opponents like their being "KNOWN LIARS? Killers? Masons? Nazis? Satan Worshipers? "

And I'll do my best to expose the evil side of many YouTube proponents of the flat-earth like Jeran Campanella and
the many incorrect and deceptive claims made by even prominent flat-Earthers like Mark Sargent.

I am not accusing members here of the worst of the above but none can deny that for the Earth to be flat many hundreds of thousands have to be accused of lying. Just look up "Place of the Conspiracy in FET" in your Wiki.

You might claim "the official line of FET" but I fail to see that with so few real flat-Earthers here and no consistent FET.

We're the only real flat earthers. Those weird YouTube cultists are just looking for a conspiracy theory to make their lives seem less meaningless.

We have no consistent model for two reasons:

1) In the absence of any opportunity to perform rigorous scientific analysis, we are limited to acting as mere theoreticians. And as any globularist (shill) physicist will tell you, no two theoreticians will agree. There's just more than one way to explain an observation, and without the opportunity to experiment we can only conjecture. Multiple possible theories, each with elements of the truth, will be more useful to the experimenters who come after us than a single, coherent, and mostly incorrect theory would be. We true Flat Earthers are playing a long game. We are keeping the flame alive until a time when society has advanced to the degree that the true nature of the world can be seriously reevaluated. It won't likely happen in our lifetimes. We're like the parabolic old man planting the tree.

2) Any serious flat Earth model is based on a rigorous foundation of Zeteticism, which precludes the consideration of others' theories when adopting one's own worldview. Allowing oneself to be biased by those ideas which have come before one is simply a way of ignoring the truth that is right before one's eyes.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:48:58 PM by Tausami »

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »

Parsy and PP1 are pretenders to the throne. They got upset because Daniel didn't upgrade the website often enough, so they took their marbles and went home

I'm joking, of course. They did a great job with their new site. But they're a sister site to ours and I don't think it's quite fair to describe them as a separate entity. Every once in a while we have discussions about reuniting, but the terms are never satisfactory to both sides (I find the situation comparable to moments in the English Civil War).
______

Eric Dubay and the "Kryptoz Media Group" are controlled opposition. NASA stooges. Don't trust them

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 06:59:57 PM »
2) Any serious flat Earth model is based on a rigorous foundation of Zeteticism, which precludes the consideration of others' theories when adopting one's own worldview. Allowing oneself to be biased by those ideas which have come before one is simply a way of ignoring the truth that is right before one's eyes.

So, as a Zete, you don't believe in anyone, anything, any notion of anything that came before you? Do you believe what time it is?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »

So, as a Zete, you don't believe in anyone, anything, any notion of anything that came before you? Do you believe what time it is?

As a zeteticist, I believe only what I have personal direct evidence of. Since time is an arbitrary human construction, which only exists to make our lives easier and only works if we all agree to use the same system, I have no problem adhering to the little number in the corner of my computer screen.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2018, 07:11:03 PM »

As a zeteticist, I believe only what I have personal direct evidence of. Since time is an arbitrary human construction, which only exists to make our lives easier and only works if we all agree to use the same system, I have no problem adhering to the little number in the corner of my computer screen.

Great, have you ever been on a plane? If so, then you might delight in the fact that your pilot is guiding you to your destination with utmost care and concern as well as taking the most expedient route as defined by a great circle. Do you as well adhere to that notion? Or is his/her training an arbitrary construct that is their theory which should not be adopted because you have no prior experience as a pilot?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2018, 07:14:42 PM »

Great, have you ever been on a plane? If so, then you might delight in the fact that your pilot is guiding you to your destination with utmost care and concern as well as taking the most expedient route as defined by a great circle. Do you as well adhere to that notion? Or is his/her training an arbitrary construct that is their theory which should not be adopted because you have no prior experience as a pilot?

None of this is inconsistent with Flat Earth Theory. The pilot is simply using a poorly optimised flight path based on inaccurate information

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2018, 07:23:29 PM »
None of this is inconsistent with Flat Earth Theory. The pilot is simply using a poorly optimised flight path based on inaccurate information

And that 'poorly optimized flight path based on inaccurate information' is what flies millions of people effectively around the world, every day? Interesting.

And as a Zetecist, how would you know such a thing? According to you, you're knowledge is solely based upon your personal observations and experience. Nothing fore nor aft weighs in. So you have flown enough times to extrapolate to know that the rest of the worlds flights are flown 'inaccurately'? Curious.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2018, 07:26:38 PM »

And that 'poorly optimized flight path based on inaccurate information' is what flies millions of people effectively around the world, every day? Interesting.

And as a Zetecist, how would you know such a thing? According to you, you're knowledge is solely based upon your personal observations and experience. Nothing fore nor aft weighs in. So you have flown enough times to extrapolate to know that the rest of the worlds flights are flown 'inaccurately'? Curious.

It's a necessary consequence of the Earth being flat, which is confirmed beyond any possible reasonable doubt (though, of course, not beyond the reasonless doubt of the masses). Zeteticism is direct observation, combined with rigorous logic. All else is religion.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2018, 07:49:18 PM »

No, but for centuries ship's navigators have used projections of the Globe to plan routes and estimate distance
and for almost a century aircraft navigators have used projections of the Globe to plan routes and estimate distance.
For aircraft, in particular, the estimation of distance is vital because it controls the fuel load needed and hence that maximum passenger load.

In the Southern Hemisphere in particular, the flat earth distances in many cases are more than double that on the Globe. This would make a number of common Southern Hemisphere routes quite impossible with the aircraft used.

Do I have to present the tj;dr version to explain it further? You asked for it!

Take Kingsford Smith's Oakland, Ca to Brisbane flight in 1928 as an example.
There were no modern navigation aids and no GPS all navigation was dead reckoning plus Celestial Navigation.  Maybe you can explain how his route fits your flat earth map.

This is Kingsford Smith's route from USA to Australia in 1928.
Just give a thought to navigating over that route from Oakland, CA to Brisbane, QLD in 1928, landing only at Hawaii, Fiji and Brisbane.

You would have be confident that the distances and navigation directions were correct and flat earth distances and navigation directions can be quite different from on the globe.

If you want the charts used by Charles Ulm, the navigator you can access them from:
Series 1. Navigation charts used by Sir Charles Kingsford Smith in the 1928 crossing of the Pacific
North Pacific Ocean, Eastern Part, No. 527, natural scale 1:5,990,157, 1927 (Item 1) Hydrographic chart showing portion of Pacific Ocean including west coast of United States and Hawaii.
Territory of Hawaii, sheet 4000, 1925 (Item 2) Chart showing portion of Pacific Ocean including Hawaii. Chart includes annotations of flight calculations, and shows route into and out of Hawaii.
No. 2020, 1903 (Item 3) Chart showing portion of Pacific Ocean. Chart includes flight calculations, and shows portion of route of the Southern Cross 1928 Pacific crossing.
No. 2021, 1902 (Item 4), Fiji islands Chart showing Fiji. Chart includes flight calculations, and shows portion of route of the Faith in Australia 1928 Pacific crossing.
Fiji Islands, No.2850, natural scale 1:733,929, 1914 (Item 5) Chart showing Fiji. Chart includes flight calculations, and shows portion of route of the Southern Cross 1928 Pacific crossing.
No. 2027, 1902 (Item 6) Chart showing New Caledonia. Chart includes flight calculations, and shows portion of route of the Southern Cross 1928 Pacific crossing
No. 2941, 1919 (Item 7) Chart showing portion of Pacific Ocean. Chart includes flight calculations, and shows portion of route of the Southern Cross 1928 Pacific crossing.

See where you end up if you plot them on you favourite flat-earth map! Then compare the distances - they only refuelled in Hawaii and Fiji.
Remember:
Quote from: Michael Jones
Conquering distance Kingsford Smith and the first trans‑Pacific flight, 1928
The ninth of June 2008 marks the 80th anniversary of the first flight between America and Australia. Charles Kingsford Smith (‘Smithy’) and his crew (Charles Ulm, James Warner, and Harry Lyon) completed the 11,585 kilometre crossing in the Southern Cross in a flying time of 83 hours and 50 minutes between 31 May and 9 June 1928, stopping to refuel and rest in Hawaii and Fiji. The plane flew at an average speed of only 138 kilometres an hour.

<< Oops, I hope no-one saw that ;) >>
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:22:28 PM by rabinoz »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »
It's a necessary consequence of the Earth being flat, which is confirmed beyond any possible reasonable doubt (though, of course, not beyond the reasonless doubt of the masses). Zeteticism is direct observation, combined with rigorous logic. All else is religion.

As you are a self-proclaimed Zeteticist, being, as you described, "precludes the consideration of others' theories when adopting one's own worldview," the lack of Earth's rotundity cannot be 'confirmed beyond any possible reasonable doubt' other than by you. As you do not accept any other theory other than your own. Which is to say, your's is one persons' "opinion". No one elses' but your own. Lovely.

Thank you for sharing your boundlessly bereft of evidence opinion. It matters not, is supported solely by your notions and in the grand scheme of things is but a murmur across the pantheon that is "because I said so". Well done.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2018, 08:22:01 PM »
We're the only real flat earthers. Those weird YouTube cultists are just looking for a conspiracy theory to make their lives seem less meaningless.
Tell that to Mark Sargent, Rob Skiba, Eric Dubay, Jeran Campanela and many more i could easily chase up!

Quote from: Tausami
We have no consistent model for two reasons:

1) In the absence of any opportunity to perform rigorous scientific analysis, we are limited to acting as mere theoreticians. And as any globularist (shill) physicist will tell you, no two theoreticians will agree.
Really? I believe that you are confusing "theories" with "hypotheses". If you are "limited to acting as mere theoreticians" how did you first come to believe that the earth is flat?

Did you just look at the horizon and see that it looks flat and so decide, as many have done, that the earth must be flat?
Well, tough luck! The horizon on our Globe should look as flat as anyone could determine with a straight edge.

There's just more than one way to explain an observation, and without the opportunity to experiment we can only conjecture. Multiple possible theories, each with elements of the truth, will be more useful to the experimenters who come after us than a single, coherent, and mostly incorrect theory would be.
Possibly, but all I see are flat earth hypotheses with no theoretical or supporting evidence.

We true Flat Earthers are playing a long game. We are keeping the flame alive until a time when society has advanced to the degree that the true nature of the world can be seriously reevaluated. It won't likely happen in our lifetimes. We're like the parabolic old man planting the tree.
The "long game"?
The idea of the earth being Globe started before 500 BC though more for philosophical reasons than based on evidence - Pythagoras and Plato thought perfectly round thing were cool!
Then Aristotle came along and by then there was some observational evidence that the earth was not flat and that the sun and moon were a great distance from there.

But your flat earth ideas did not start till the 1800s as a reaction to the perceived dangers of Darwinism.

2) Any serious flat Earth model is based on a rigorous foundation of Zeteticism, which precludes the consideration of others' theories when adopting one's own worldview.
That's seems be a bit odd when most flat earthers claim that the earth has a shape like the UN flag or the North Polar AEP map.
United Nations flag
The most recent world model propagated by the Flat Earth Society holds that humans live on a disc, with the North Pole at its center and a 150-foot (45 m) high wall of ice at the outer edge. The resulting map resembles the symbol of the United Nations, which Johnson used as evidence for his position. In this model, the sun and moon are each a mere 32 miles (52 km) in diameter.
Yet it is trivially easy to prove that if the earth is flat it cannot have that continental layout!
I live in the Southern Hemisphere and can see that layout is wrong on any clear night and simply by driving west.

I and others regular present this evidence, yet it gets totally ignored.

Allowing oneself to be biased by those ideas which have come before one is simply a way of ignoring the truth that is right before one's eyes.
Agreed! And I see contrary evidence to any flat earth model every time I see the sun rise or the moon rise from behind the horizon and stay the same apparent size even when right overhead.

Flat-earthers are just as much indoctrinated by YouTube videos and the writings of people like Rowbotham (Parallax) and Albert Smith (Zetetes) as any Globe supporters might be.

But, in the opinion of some, modern education is a bit akin to indoctrinated, where the students are taught facts, such as "the earth is a Globe . . " and not how to inquire for themselves why the earth might be a Globe or any other shape.