Name one, please...

• 92 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Name one, please...
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2019, 02:37:05 PM »
How's about marketing said "live stream," as a live stream, when in fact, it is no live stream.

That seems both plausible and possible.
Really?

How about these two-way cases:

Chris Hadfield and Barenaked Ladies | I.S.S.

(Is Somebody Singing) by CBC Music

Space Oddity  by Rare Earth

What about facing reality sometime and admitting that there is no coherent flat earth model?

If you disagree please make a thread that explains this coherent flat earth model!

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2019, 04:01:30 AM »

Yes a floating water ball can be rendered with a computer. But please notice in the ISS video we can see the astronaut's face and background through the bubble and how the image changes and is deformed as the water bubble changes shape and position. I'm not sure that can be done so realistically with today CGI, maybe you can share a video where this is done, so the question is settled.

However your biggest problem is not the water bubble, but zero-g videos where the astronauts move everywhere around the station for many minutes. I'm still waiting for you to explain how these videos are done.
I do not need to explain how they are done.

The fact is... it can be done.

Of course those videos can be done in a weightless enviroment  such as the one provided by the ISS orbiting the earth.

Do you know of other  ways of doing those videos or not?
The same weightlessness is portrayed in films such as Gravity, et.al.

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2019, 04:06:42 AM »
The admission is not that it is possible to create all of the footage presented on the NASA channel in studios here on earth.

Some yes, certainly not all.

As has been shown, the 50 minute UN-CUT ISS tour video cannot be currently replicated in studios here on earth (nor in a vomit comet).
You only write it is uncut because it is billed as uncut.
For reference:

As well, if we go back to Skylab in 1975-ish, this footage could not have been replicated in studios here on earth (nor in a vomit comet):

So no, not all ISS footage can be simulated.
Yes, it can...

The entire movie Gravity appears as uncut...and there is a lot of motion sequences in that film...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2019, 04:38:32 AM »

Of course those videos can be done in a weightless enviroment  such as the one provided by the ISS orbiting the earth.

For a 50 minute continuous scene?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2019, 04:40:58 AM »

Yes, it can...

The entire movie Gravity appears as uncut...and there is a lot of motion sequences in that film...

"..And there is a lot of motion sequences in that film.." but how long were individual "weightless" scenes?

« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2019, 05:03:22 AM »

For a 50 minute continuous scene?
Rab, how do you know it is, in fact, a 50 minute continuous scene?

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2019, 05:04:30 AM »

Yes, it can...

"..And there is a lot of motion sequences in that film.." but how long were individual "weightless" scenes?
A lot! Of the top of my head, at least thirty minutes worth...maybe more.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2019, 05:04:58 AM »

Yes a floating water ball can be rendered with a computer. But please notice in the ISS video we can see the astronaut's face and background through the bubble and how the image changes and is deformed as the water bubble changes shape and position. I'm not sure that can be done so realistically with today CGI, maybe you can share a video where this is done, so the question is settled.

However your biggest problem is not the water bubble, but zero-g videos where the astronauts move everywhere around the station for many minutes. I'm still waiting for you to explain how these videos are done.
I do not need to explain how they are done.

The fact is... it can be done.

So you still don't answer how the ISS videos are done.

Gravity is very well done, but it doesn't come close to what you see in the ISS videos.

Gravity has many scenes in space where the actors wear astronaut suits. These were filmed underwater. This obviously doesn't apply to ISS videos were astronauts are not wearing suits.

Other scenes were filmed using cables and similar techniques. This wouldn't be possible for the ISS videos we have shown for the reasons already explained.

So what is it? Do you think the 50 minutes ISS video is done underwater? or is it with cables? or you still don't know?
You must gather your party before venturing forth

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2019, 05:11:58 AM »
Quote from: kopfverderber link=topic=83198.msg2206487#msg2206487
So you still don't answer how the ISS videos are done. [/quote
Maybe you missed my answer, so I will repeat it.

The ISS videos are done the same way as the films Gravity and other sci fi films are done.
[quote author=kopfverderber link=topic=83198.msg2206487#msg2206487
Gravity is very well done, but it doesn't come close to what you see in the ISS videos.

Gravity has many scenes in space where the actors wear astronaut suits. These were filmed underwater. This obviously doesn't apply to ISS videos were astronauts are not wearing suits.

Other scenes were filmed using cables and similar techniques. This wouldn't be possible for the ISS videos we have shown for the reasons already explained.

So what is it? Do you think the 50 minutes ISS video is done underwater? or is it with cables? or you still don't know?
With CGI.

Cables are pointed out on several videos depicting ISS astronauts.

Yes

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2019, 05:23:10 AM »
Er... what is your personal definition of a scene cut such that there none in Gravity?
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2019, 05:26:58 AM »
Quote from: kopfverderber link=topic=83198.msg2206487#msg2206487
So you still don't answer how the ISS videos are done. [/quote
Maybe you missed my answer, so I will repeat it.

The ISS videos are done the same way as the films Gravity and other sci fi films are done.
[quote author=kopfverderber link=topic=83198.msg2206487#msg2206487

With CGI.

Did you even watch the video? Exactly what parts of the video are done with CGI and how? 

And what cables are you talking about? He moves literally everywhere around the ISS, where are cables attached?  How comes the cables don't get entangled when he moves from one room to the other?  or when he turns around? which part is "up" and which part is "down" in that video?

« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2019, 05:56:06 AM »
Er... what is your personal definition of a scene cut such that there none in Gravity?
I wrote it appears as none.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2019, 06:35:13 AM »
I'll give you a hint: if you can see the ceiling, then they most likely didn't use cable rigging.  Also, cable rigging generally doesn't give you very many axes of movement.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Yes

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2019, 07:48:12 AM »

I sincerely don't understand.  Maybe this is unimportant.  But I do want to understand.
In what way does it appear there are no cuts in the movie?  Are we talking about the same word?
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2019, 08:41:26 AM »
I'll give you a hint: if you can see the ceiling, then they most likely didn't use cable rigging.  Also, cable rigging generally doesn't give you very many axes of movement.
It gives you all the axes you need...I watch cable rigging in use at football stadiums across the country here in the US...so does 100 million other people every week.

« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2019, 08:44:34 AM »

I sincerely don't understand.  Maybe this is unimportant.  But I do want to understand.
In what way does it appear there are no cuts in the movie?  Are we talking about the same word?
Well, when I say that a person is moving in the movie through the void of space, that person is shown to be moving.

But the entirety of the movie certainly wasn't filmed uncut.

But it appears a one film.

Can you tell by looking at the movie which shots requiring one or two takes were spliced together with shots requiring ten or twenty takes?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2019, 09:47:17 AM »
It gives you all the axes you need...I watch cable rigging in use at football stadiums across the country here in the US...so does 100 million other people every week.
That's nice.  The ISS may be as long as a football stadium, but it has nowhere near as much internal volume.  The inside of the various modules is probably not much more than 2 meters or so on a side.  There just isn't enough room for the cable rigging, especially when you can see all 4 walls at once.

« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2019, 10:46:05 AM »

Well, when I say that a person is moving in the movie through the void of space, that person is shown to be moving.

Can you tell by looking at the movie which shots requiring one or two takes were spliced together with shots requiring ten or twenty takes?

Continuos shot

Bushwick
Atomic blonde fight scene
Italwayssunnyinphilidephia charlie work

Vs

Real life
Childrenofmen car scene

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2019, 10:48:29 AM »

Do you know what a "cut" means? It doesn't necessarily mean a cut to a different "take". Usually it means a cut to a different shot angle. Cuaron is famous for his long takes. Check out Children of Men, the opening bombing scene and the group in the car in the woods scene are definitely notable. Gravity "only has 156 shots in its two-hour runtime, and many of the shots run “six, eight, 10 minutes long.” Which is insanely impressive. The longest is the opening 'debris' scene at 13 minutes.

How do I know the ISS Tour video doesn't have any cuts for about 48 minutes? I watched it. Apparently you haven't.

While 13 minutes in a hollywood film is amazing, 48 minutes would be beyond comprehension. Do you have any idea what it took to make that 13 minutes?

As well, there is no CGI or cabling explanation for the Skylab footage from over 40 years ago.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2019, 12:07:54 PM »
Here's a 360° video of Russian cosmonauts playing football at the ISS. The first one to find the cables wins.

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2019, 04:27:14 AM »
That's nice.  The ISS may be as long as a football stadium, but it has nowhere near as much internal volume.  The inside of the various modules is probably not much more than 2 meters or so on a side.  There just isn't enough room for the cable rigging, especially when you can see all 4 walls at once.
Cable rigging isn't that difficult to eliminate from view.

Even when attending a football game, the cable rigging is difficult see.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2019, 04:39:21 AM »

Quote from: totallackey
And how would you know?

But why do you go to such lengths the try to deny the reality of the ISS when anyone can see it exactly at the predicted time and place in the sky?

You are just not prepared to look for evidence agonist your ideas because you are afraid that it might destroy your world view.
Yet, without totally unsupportable hypotheses, you have no coherent model for your flat earth that can explain even the simplest of observation.

If you disagree present this coherent model for your flat earth or show a place where it is well documented.

Yes

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2019, 05:17:58 AM »
It's funny how FE'ers have 100% complete and unquestionable faith in special effects artists and CGI artists and cable rigging operators and performers and of course the existence of world-wide, international, multi-generational, public and private conspiracy ... but reject the possibility of sending people into low earth orbit.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2019, 06:36:46 AM »

With cable rigging you wouldn't have an astronaut going from room to room through several hatches in all possible 3D directions. And it's 50 minutes of it filmed in one go. I bet you can't tell us  which wall is "up" and which one is "down" in that video?

With cable rigging you can't make videos of astronauts moving all over the place and spinning or playing football.

Hollywood movies using cables have the actors not moving much and doing few things,   because that's simply what cables allow.

It seems the only reason you are rejecting the ISS videos is because they shatter your world view.

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2019, 07:01:07 AM »
It's funny how FE'ers have 100% complete and unquestionable faith in special effects artists and CGI artists and cable rigging operators and performers and of course the existence of world-wide, international, multi-generational, public and private conspiracy ... but reject the possibility of sending people into low earth orbit.

With the amazing cgi ability.
Has lacky ever thought to explore if a modelled cgi scale of the "world" matches reality?
Eh?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2019, 11:34:01 AM »

Again, the ISS is not a football stadium.  The inside is closer in relative size to a mobile home.  Not a whole lot of room for a crane and rigging inside a mobile home, is there?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2019, 01:43:07 PM »

I know, this is precisely the oddity of FE belief system.

The bottomline is that an FEr is forced to disregard/discredit any and all space endeavors since that first image of the earth from space was taken in 1946. Since then, any and all space related activity musk be fake. And as such, this fakery must be perpetuated by a worldwide conspiracy involving 100's of thousands of humans for the past 70+years. All that, locked and loaded to hide the shape of the earth. For reasons.

OR

We've got humans in a craft in LEO that we can precisely track with a simple phone app and see ourselves with binoculars.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2019, 03:53:49 AM »
This ISS is like a $3 bill. Fake!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2019, 03:56:58 AM »

Are you hooked in the jaw or the lip?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2019, 12:52:07 PM »
This ISS is like a $3 bill. Fake!

As evidenced by?