proof of the location ISS

• 37 Replies
proof of the location ISS
« on: March 09, 2019, 09:46:21 AM »
You can buy an FM UHF receiver and make a yagi antenna.

https://makezine.com/projects/make-24/homemade-yagi-antenna/

Very directional, you must point it at the transmitter, so you can verify at least the direction. You can also see it optically.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

You can see something travelling across the sky, point your yagi at it, and verify it is emitting radio waves. When you point the yagi away, no signal, they are coming from the same place.

Are we all agreed that something is reflacting or generating light, and a UHF signal is coming from the same place? Are we agreed we know the direction, but not the distance? Are we agreed that there is something traveling across the sky that emits light and rf?

If a second person, say 500 miles away, also determines direction from their position, does this form a triangle? Knowing one side and two angles, we can now determine distance pretty simply.

If you do this with multiple people around the world, one can determine the actual path of the transmitter and light source. This has been done in an uncoordinated way, the web is full of reports of visual sightings and people aiming directional antennas at it.

So, FE world, are we agreed that something is up there at 250 miles, that it emits light and rf, that it is visible/receivable to only the people who would be on that side of RE, that it follows the published path (must be quite a scribble to plot the path on FE)?

FE explanation?

Is it possible for something to be both true and unproven?

Are things that are true and proven any different from things that are true but not proven?

Re: proof of the location ISS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 10:17:18 AM »
You can buy an FM UHF receiver and make a yagi antenna.

https://makezine.com/projects/make-24/homemade-yagi-antenna/

Very directional, you must point it at the transmitter, so you can verify at least the direction. You can also see it optically.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/

You can see something travelling across the sky, point your yagi at it, and verify it is emitting radio waves. When you point the yagi away, no signal, they are coming from the same place.

Are we all agreed that something is reflacting or generating light, and a UHF signal is coming from the same place?

Aw, cool! Please post a picture of the antenna you made and tell us all about your experience with tracking the ISS!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 11:27:01 AM »
Okay, guess which one is me?

Are things that are true and proven any different from things that are true but not proven?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 12:30:12 PM »

what can be DEDUCED from amateur radio satellite
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 12:39:08 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio_satellite

The location of these satellites is published.

http://www.satview.org/lista_sat.php?cat=amateur

When two hams talk on this, they are using equipment and software they built themselves. They point at the satellites as pubished. If there was no repeater at that location, they can't talk. Two vectors from widely separated antennas will cross at most one point, where the repeater must be. They are hams and delight in knowing and verifying all this. ISS also talks to hams same way.

Does this mean the satellites are where they say they are? Becuase where they say they are is orbit around a spherical earth.

This is an organizati9on of amateur radio operators who built a satellite and are launching it via SpaceX.

https://www.amsat.org/apogee-view/

Who in Amsat and SpaceX knows the earth is flat? When the hams point their antenna where they say it is and it works, how on FE?

FE explanation? They can talk, the antenna points where they say, it ain't NASA. How can this be unless those satellites are where they say they are and how can that be unless they are in orbit around a spherical earth? Where is the boundary of the conspiracy?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: what can be DEDUCED from amateur radio satellite
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 12:44:35 PM »
Did you forget you already started this thread before?

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 12:45:59 PM »
I think there are many people pointing an antenna where they say and getting a signal. The where is orbit over a spherical earth. They all get the satellite where advertised. Any explanation of this other than RE is going to be some combination of vague, incomplete, esoteric, break laws of physics, or most likely, nonexistent.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 12:49:12 PM »
Learn how to reply to your own threads.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 01:43:04 PM »
Learn how to reply to your own threads.
Why do flat-earthers completely ignore evidence like this "proof of the location ISS" presented by Jimster?

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »

I don't really have an hour to watch all those just to play a guessing game. I'll guess you're tricky and the answer is none of them.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 04:47:12 PM by Curiouser and Curiouser »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 04:09:41 PM »

I don't really have an hour to watch all those just to play a guessing game. I'll guess your tricky and the answer is none of them.
I would suspect that the content of the videos might be far more important that "Where's Wally jimster?"

Most amateur radio operators would be certain of the true shape of the earth so we could add a couple of million to those "in on the conspiracy".
Quote from: YO5OFH, Csaba Gajdos
HOW MANY HAMS?
According to the most recent statistics of the International Amateur Radio Union, there are 2.6 million licensed radio amateurs in the world. The list of countries, where about 90% of the world hams reside, may hold some surprises.
. . . . . . . . .
And how many realise that HAMs commonly use the A E Projection of the world? Suspicious eh what?
Quote from: Tom Epperly'
Ham Stuff Tom Epperly's Collection of Ham Related Tools

It looks like those "in on the Great Globe Conspiracy" might soon include all but those few Woke ones that ::) know the TRUTH ;).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 04:54:27 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »

I would suspect that the content of the videos might be far more important that "Where's Wally jimster?"

Not really, since the content of the videos doesn't address my request if it's the experience of other people.

Which may also answer:

Why do flat-earthers completely ignore evidence like this "proof of the location ISS" presented by Jimster?

It may be that people are tired of, and perfectly happy to ignore anything presented by jimster because of his "I'm right, you're wrong; I'm smart, you're stupid; explain that, flat-earther" attitude.

I find it amusing that we had to wait three whole hours in yet another one of "Start-another-topic-jimster"'s easily ignorable threads for someone to complain about why no one was responding to it.

?

frenat

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 05:08:12 PM »
These guys used telescopes, the angles they pointed, and the known distance between each other to find the height of the ISS as it passed in front of the Moon

they found it to be about 400 km up.

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 05:31:36 PM »
These guys used telescopes, the angles they pointed, and the known distance between each other to find the height of the ISS as it passed in front of the Moon

they found it to be about 400 km up.

At least narrator of the second video isn't a douchenozzle like the narrator of the first.

There are limited opportunities to do lunar transit observations, and part of what they're doing requires some specialized equipment. It may not be something that many people are willing to invest that amount of time or money.

I've previously outlined a simpler method
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=78484.msg2118276#msg2118276

rvlvr

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 01:43:59 AM »
It may be that people are tired of, and perfectly happy to ignore anything presented by jimster because of his "I'm right, you're wrong; I'm smart, you're stupid; explain that, flat-earther" attitude.
This is not true, and you know it. FE ignores evidence like this as they have nothing to counter it with. If you did, you'd write something other than such a weak attempt to derail.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 08:16:39 AM »
This is not true, and you know it. FE ignores evidence like this as they have nothing to counter it with. If you did, you'd write something other than such a weak attempt to derail.

It is true, also he spams FE General with topics on the same subject instead of replying in a thread he's just started on the same topic.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rvlvr

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 08:39:59 AM »
Pish posh.

You have no answer. Otherwise we’d hear it.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 08:54:39 AM »
No really though, I issued him several warnings for exactly what SCG just described and now he's on vacation. In this case, it's the messenger and not the message.

rvlvr

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 09:02:01 AM »
Please.

Yes, you have the answer, you have the means to shoot down space flight, and prove we have all been lied to, but: ”We will not tell you as there is this one annoying dude on an internet forum”.

Really? You really think anyone buys that?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 09:10:03 AM »
Did I say that? Ever? Even once?

rvlvr

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 09:16:55 AM »
Okay, what was the FE answer to his first thread on the subject? Where can I see it?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 09:22:24 AM by rvlvr »

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 09:37:03 AM »
I could spare you the trouble of all this by walking outside at night, looking for the ISS overhead, and, when I do see it, acknowledge how neat that is and go back inside.

Regarding how the ISS is only visible to "the people who would be on that side of RE," I don't understand how incredible you think the human eye is. The ISS is, supposedly, approximately the size of a football field. The average Boeing 747 is only a hundred feet shorter than the ISS. Boeing 747s fly at a crusing altitude of approximately seven miles.

Let's say you're on one side of the disc, and I'm on the other side. Would you be able to see a Boeing 747, which is only 2/3 the size of the ISS, flying on my side at a mere cruising altitude of seven miles? No. Now, let's tack just a hundred feet onto that Boeing 747 and scoot it up by 243 miles, according to you. Would you be able to see it on my side? No.

What exactly are you trying to prove here?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 09:49:05 AM »
Okay, what was the FE answer to his first thread on the subject? Where can I see it?

I do believe you missed the point that was being communicated by C&C. Jimster's threads are easily overlooked because he starts so many of them, and frequently they are repeats of prior threads, so it gets to a point where one decides to just not click on it. So it's kind of unfair for Rab to ask why this thread, of all threads, would be overlooked, when the reason it is overlooked is because the OP is an annoying new topic spammer.

If jimster started fewer threads, perhaps this one would have had more interest from the very beginning.

rvlvr

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 09:56:31 AM »
So, again: FE has the answer, but chooses not to tell us as they are annoyed by a guy online.

Rrright.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:02:56 AM by rvlvr »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 10:09:12 AM »
What answer are you looking for? You expect us to build a yagi antenna?

rvlvr

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 10:16:02 AM »
I hope you would are able to disprove the existence of ISS, and possibly, with it, space flight. Or was it so ISS is one of those things that do exist?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 10:39:32 AM »
You want us to prove a negative?

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2019, 10:47:20 AM »
I hope you would are able to disprove the existence of ISS, and possibly, with it, space flight. Or was it so ISS is one of those things that do exist?

I guess something up there is zooming around that sort of looks like the ISS, or so says Jeranism with his P900 or whatever he's got.

so maybe the question is not whether it is there, but what actually is it.

rvlvr

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2019, 10:58:00 AM »
Are you trying your hardest to appear clever?

Is the ISS up there, or is it not?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2019, 02:40:03 PM »
Are you trying your hardest to appear clever?

Is the ISS up there, or is it not?

There's something flying around up there. I've seen it pass over once. I don't know what it is.