Proof that the Earth is indeed flat

• 179 Replies

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« on: November 12, 2005, 11:37:19 PM »
I ask any of you to look out into the distance and tell me that you see a ball. When I look into the horison I see flat. It is all flat. Have you ever seen the evidence that the earth is a sphere or are you looking at the doctored evidence. How many of you have been to space to see the earth? When you look at the Earth you are looking at a picture or a video that has been doctored and changed. Why for thousands of years did people believe the earth was flat.  They have traveled on horses, we travel in cars and planes. When you are in a plane and look at the ground it looks flat. When you drive your car along a highyway in Saskatchewan you dont use your breaks. You arnt going in a curve, you are driving on a flat earth.  When I was a child I was told by my teachers that If I dig down in the ground I would eventually come to China. Would that not make China upside down? Wouldent the people be falling off the face of the Earth in China?  The list goes on and on.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 04:53:57 AM »
Are you 3 years old?

The people on the other side of the world dont fall off because........oh....I don't know....maybe GRAVITY! The fact that you even think like that means that you have been indoctrinated into a specific belief system and are unable to think for yourself. And yes, when I look to the horizon, do you know what I see? A plane coming over the horizon, a ship going into it, If the world was flat my friend all you would have to do is look around and you would see an infinate amount of planes mountains. But the earth curves. Have you ever entered a building higher than 400m high? Look out the edges of one of those mate, and look around, you CANNOT see to the ends of the earth with it, because of the spherical existance. Do you use flash? If you maximise a circle by a extreme amount, you will see that it is made of what APPEARS to be a line, but the further you go back, the more spherical it gets, the fact that the earth is So large means that we would NEVER feel like we are on a curved surface.

People for thousands of years believed the earth was ROUND! Greece and Romands both understood that the earth was round, why would they lie? They weren't even christian! It was only when RELIGION came in and said "no its a lie" than anything changed. Religion is a destructive and powerful thing.

So you believe that 10,000 people trained and educated (which is more than I can say for you my friend) all lied about the NASA landing? That the world has invested over 3 Trillion dollars on some giant hoax (that counts for every plane that uses sphereical maps, every satellite, communication dish, every space object of any kind, all maps and all ships and transport)? That every map, picture, and telescope photo (and SHIT there are alot) has been altered....every one.....perfectly photoshoped....even back in the 60s.... and not a single one has any error on it.... very believable.
 r dominate forum

Re: Proof that the Earth is indeed flat
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:39:09 AM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
I ask any of you to look out into the distance and tell me that you see a ball. When I look into the horison I see flat. It is all flat. Have you ever seen the evidence that the earth is a sphere or are you looking at the doctored evidence. How many of you have been to space to see the earth? When you look at the Earth you are looking at a picture or a video that has been doctored and changed.

I fly occasionally...when you get really high up you can indeed see the curvature of the horizon.  It's not dramatic, but it is there.  You can also see this to an extent if you go up on a mountain - if you look down on a more coastal area, you can take an object of reference (such as a mm tape) and measure the difference on the horizon.  You can also take binoculars or a telescope up on a mountain on a very clear day, and spot objects at differing distances - the farther away an object is, the more it is hidden by the curvature of the earth.  

Try this at the beach - it works the same way if you spot ships with highly visible rigging on a calm day.  You can literally watch aircraft carriers slip under the curvature.  They're not submerging themselves or hiding behind huge waves.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
Proof probably is not the correct word
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 10:50:47 AM »
I can understand what you are saying, I understand that you "believe" that the earth is a sphere. What I am telling you is that unless you have seen the earth from outer space that you can not know 100 precent.  Please try to understand the point of reason that I do.  The example of China, you may have mistook what I was trying to demonstrate.  If I were to dig from my home all the way to China as my school teacher has said, I agree due to gravity they would not fall off, but wouldent they be walking upside down, if for here where I am I am walkinig rightside up.  This is just one of many contradictions for you to concider.  Another interesting thing is If the earth were round wouldent the water on the planet be in constant motion. Think about this, why are the oceans all at the same level, the sea-level it is constant dont you think that If the worlds oceans were covering the ball wouldent it cause great disasters. The sea-levels are constant because the earth is flat.  And I to want to know how all the evidence has been doctored, I believe in a global coverup.

Re: Proof probably is not the correct word
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 11:04:52 AM »
I can understand what you are saying, I understand that you "believe" that the earth is a sphere. What I am telling you is that unless you have seen the earth from outer space that you can not know 100 precent.

Well if that's the case then your "proof" is merely a belief.

If I were to dig from my home all the way to China as my school teacher has said, I agree due to gravity they would not fall off, but wouldent they be walking upside down, if for here where I am I am walkinig rightside up. This is just one of many contradictions for you to concider.

Once you'd past the centre of the Earth you'd seem to be digging upwards (due to the gravitational pull from the centre) so you'd come out the right way up.

Think about this, why are the oceans all at the same level, the sea-level it is constant dont you think that If the worlds oceans were covering the ball wouldent it cause great disasters. The sea-levels are constant because the earth is flat.

Gravity holds the water against the surface.
ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
again you have been deceved
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 11:42:41 AM »
I could say that you have been decieved some body or thing, again you say the earth is round and you try to prove it to me. All your so called evidence is nothing more than deceptions taught in an academic institution.   Again when I look at the earth it is flat. And that is because it is.  And again no one has ever crossed the 150 feet high wall of ice.  Again all modern science as it relates to the issue of the earth is for one puropse only to decieve man about the true nature of his world

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 11:53:03 AM »
If I were to dig from my home all the way to China as my school teacher has said, I agree due to gravity they would not fall off, but wouldent they be walking upside down, if for here where I am I am walkinig rightside up.  This is just one of many contradictions for you to concider.

No.  The only way one "knows" one is walking "upside down" is from the perception generated by gravity.  You know you're upside down when the blood rushes to your head and the cochlea in your ears let you know.  If you're on a ball and gravity comes from the center of the ball, well then you have no point of reference - it seems that you are always "right side up".  Being "upside down" really only means that you are upside down in relation to the center of the earth.

Another interesting thing is If the earth were round wouldent the water on the planet be in constant motion. Think about this, why are the oceans all at the same level, the sea-level it is constant dont you think that If the worlds oceans were covering the ball wouldent it cause great disasters.

There's no reason why water on a spherical body would be disruptive, so long as gravitational pull in all areas is evenly distributed.

Here's a notable problem with flat earth theory...let's say you had a flat earth, situated on a high plateau.  Beneath the flat earth is a very deep portion of soil, then rock, then minerals, etc.  Even flat earthers will not dispute that oil is not an illusion.  All of this mass below us is what causes gravity to be so effective.

If the North Pole is in the middle, then around New England and Europe, gravity would be strongest, as the path would be most direct, and there would be surrounding mass out to the rim as well...so you'd have plenty of mass to hold you down.  

As you move to the outer edges...like Uruguay, or South Africa...you have a lot of mass to the north, but much less to the south as you approach the giant ice wall, causing a gravitational imbalance.  If you turned and walked east, you'd feel a definite pull to the left, and vice-versa if you walked west.  Certainly this would be testable by scientific instruments as well.  You could put water in a shallow, flat plate and it would get pulled to one side.  Aircraft would crash and boats would capsize (which they typically don't in that area of the world).  This would no doubt cause weather problems as well, as water on the edge would be far less dense (and more likely to vaporize) than water nearer the center.

BTW...on a flat earth...why is the center and the outer rim covered in ice, and a ring in the middle is hot?  How does that work?  I think the earth's climate is one of the best indicators of its spherical shape.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
And this comes from an academic institution
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 12:01:01 PM »
Again, I will ask why there is a 150 foot high wall of ice?

Re: And this comes from an academic institution
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 12:03:39 PM »

I don't know...shouldn't I be asking you that?  :?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
I myself have never seen it
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 12:12:45 PM »
I myself have never seen it, I have heard through my colleges that since its discovery it has been protected by a security organisation, its name is not known to me and its not important. What is important is it does exist.  I will point to the official seal of the United Nations which lays out the true map of the world  www.un.int

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 12:18:14 PM »
Have you ever been to South Africa or Patagonia?  If so, did you notice feeling at all lighter?  :?

?

Nrg

Re: And this comes from an academic institution
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 11:18:57 PM »
You are talking about the south pole. The south pole exists because of the third movement of the Earth. A tilt movement, if you will. Many interstellar bodies have this kind of movement, and its perfectly normal. Let me explain to you how it works:

The earth sometimes "titlt" so that people above the arctic circle don't see the sun for months (believe me, I've been above the arctic circle). And then, it "tilts back", but this time its the south pole wich doesn't recieve any sun. The poles then freeze, due to the lack of sunshine, and our poles are formed.
f meat is murder, are eggs rape?

?

Nrg

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 11:20:36 PM »
I can understand what you are saying, I understand that you "believe" that the earth is a sphere. What I am telling you is that unless you have seen the earth from outer space that you can not know 100 precent.
Hav you been into space and seen this "flat earth"? You cannot possibly be 100% sure of its flatness unless you see it youself.

Therefore, we have to weigh evidence. The propability of your "evidence" is equal to a fantasy novell. Are you telling us that the russians and yanks could alter movies and pictures that good in the 60s? Dude, I use Photoshop every damn day in my multimedia class. It's hard enough to do a picture like that without any errors at all with Photoshop, and I cannot even imagine the badass work you would have to do in the 60s.
f meat is murder, are eggs rape?

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 03:30:37 AM »
I myself have never seen it, I have heard through my colleges that since its discovery it has been protected by a security organisation, its name is not known to me and its not important. What is important is it does exist. I will point to the official seal of the United Nations which lays out the true map of the world www.un.int

... I just don't even understand why you'd dispute years and years of scientific fact, and then say "I have heard". Have you ever bothered to, say, read at all? Does all your "proof" come from the grapevine? And did Captain James Cook know about this security organisation when he sailed AROUND the world? Come now, at least think before you type next time.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 12:58:26 PM »
I understand that all your knowledge comes from an acidemic institution and I know that the facts from the institution are jaded and wrong.  The primary goal of the institutions is to further the goal of a round earth. I am telling you to look out into the distance and you will see a flat earth, for millions of years this has een the way it has been.  There is no doubt that all your knowlege comes from there.  And I hope you stop drinking the Acedemic Ale and look at the real world my friend.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
Why?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 02:49:19 PM »
Why? Why!? WHY?!? Why would there be a massive government coverup. What can the governments of the world gain from everyone else believing in a spherical earth? Please just answer my questions. Don't ask me questions until you answer mine. Don't ask what proof I have to believe that the Earth is flat, because enough people at this forum have answered that question better than I could. Don't avoid this question. Please.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

Re: Why?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 04:13:53 PM »
Quote from: "pspunit"
Why? Why!? WHY?!? Why would there be a massive government coverup. What can the governments of the world gain from everyone else believing in a spherical earth? Please just answer my questions. Don't ask me questions until you answer mine. Don't ask what proof I have to believe that the Earth is flat, because enough people at this forum have answered that question better than I could. Don't avoid this question. Please.

I've been wondering that myself.  I guess it's because the government wants us to think they still have at least one ball left.   :lol:

(stupid joke)

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
ok I will answer
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 05:09:32 PM »
I will try to answer your questions. You asked me why there would be a government coverup. My answer to you would be I dont know why. One could assume It has to do with the Bible. In the past man did not have all the achievements that he does today. Computers, airplanes, ext... The government and the security orgaisation knows that if we through technology, find out the truth, this would disturb many peoples so they have come up with the so called round earth.  Through Academic institution, NASA Computers, they can doctor evidence and call this the truth when we all know if you look into the distance the earth looks flat.

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 07:59:02 PM »
They can't "Doctor" anything mate. Every piece of their machinery, every piece of evidence WORKS! Have you ever styudy physics? You gain an understand of how everything works, Not only is the key thing that the earth is indeed round, but we have a round magnetic field (you simply CANNOT deny that, as the magnetic field is without a doubt there) we learn the proof that the earth is round, instead of being spoon fed it (like most religions: YOU MUST BELIEVE THIS WITHOUT PROOF!)

Do you know it would cost over 3 Trillion dollars to make it look like the earth was round if it WAS flat. 3 TRILLION (to get an idea of how much that is, count the worth of Asia, Africa and South America and USA and you are ALMOST there)! Every man on NASA would be paid, and very well, Every satellite company, every company WITH a satellite, Every road map, map, Plane's, the entire education system WORLDWIDE (including every other country that isn't christain), Every single picture, everysingle major company in the world, every mathematical theory, and every Physicisian on the planet. INCLUDING every single government. And yet you fail to point out why? Jez man, which would u believe?
 r dominate forum

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 09:27:20 PM »
Have you ever been to the ocean? Look out, you can see the curve of the earth. Its quite cleary visible.

Do you realize that from your point of reference, the earth would appear flat because the radius is so large? But just because it appears so, doesnt make it so. Cleary evident from other points of reference i.e space.

...  when we all know if you look into the distance the earth looks flat.

Do you know basic math?

Graph this line
-0.00113636(36 repeating) rise over a  63360 run

It appears perfectly flat don't it?
Actually its an approximate to the curvature of the earth seen through the perspective of our eyes when you look into the horizon of the ocean.

Why can't i see Wisconsin when i go to the coast of lake michigan?
Because i can only see 12 miles out approximately due to the curvature of the earth and its 90 miles away (from where I'm at in michigan anyway).
If it was flat, i could definately see it. If you believe the world is flat, than explain why i cant see it please.

Don't bring up the, not being able to see through that much atomosphere card either. Becuase that don't make any sense. As i can, see stars just above the horizon. Which would mean, that light from that star would pass through way more atomosphere, than light from wisonsin.
And,  IF the world was flat, then light from a star on the horizon would actually have to pass through tredmendoulsy MORE atomosphere than in the sperical model when you think about it.

If the world is flat, then so has to be the sun, the moon, pluto, everything else right?

Draw a good looking circle on piece of paper, and set it on your kitchen table and look straight down at it. The circle looks like a circle. Now, walk ten feet away and look at it, and it will no longer appear to be a circle to you but an elipse.

If the sun to was flat disc aswell, and it appears to be a circle in the sky to me, then by default, it would HAVE to appear to be an elipse to someone far away from me. Right?
Now, look at the outline of a sphere from near and far away. The outline still looks like a circle. Unless you are on the sphere and infintely small compared to the spere. I.E you on the earth.

Explain, how the day/night cycle works in a flat world model please.
You can't because its an impossible model to duplicate considering, it appears to rise (sun up) and fall (sun down) at different times at each point on the globe. And it appears to be a circle throught the whole day.

How can there be day on one side of the globe, and night on the other?

Explain please the lunar and solar eclipses.

We could only observe a curved shadow on the moon if the world was a disc and was pointing towards the moon. Since the world is flat. The whole world would be in nighttime (ie tilted towards the moon, and away from the sun). And we would all observe lunar eclipse at the same time and it would end at the same time.

If we are in a airplane at 10 thousand feet and are looking down to the horizon explain why we arent seeing the whole globe? If its because of atomsphere or whatever and land continues on well past the horizon, we just cant see it. Explain why we can see the sun rise through this horizon? Wasnt it suppose to be ground there that we couldnt see?
Is the sun rising through ground? What if in YOUR point of view, i am on the horizon where the sun is rising. Did the sun just rise right through me? But to me, the sun has already risen.

?

Prof. Thomas Harper Adams

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 05:48:39 AM »
Hello,
        My name is Tomas Harper Adams, Prof, Phd. I have worked for NASA for nearly 30 years now, I am currently the captain of the Starship Enterprise. In this role I have spend many of my years in space travlleing through galaxys for lightyears. Obviously I have seen the earth many many times from outer space, and I can assure you that it is not flat, and is spherical. I have just recently returned from the nubular region of the universe, and upon reading much about the "flat earth society", I have decided to organise a trip just for you morons, I will be taking up 50 passengers, so I can prove to you idiots that the earth is most definately round. I have planned for my ship to take you passengers on the 5/06/2006. We at NASA will be holding a meeting for all willing participants at our headquarters in Washington D.C. Would anyone be interested? please phone (301) 286-8981, and quote "flat earth society, space mission 2006".

Yours faithfully Prof. Thomas Harper Adams.

?

MmMmmBrains

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 08:48:30 AM »
I believe Bullhorn.
While his arguments hold absolutley zero ground, I love a good conspiracy theory and will defend it until the day I die.
As far as I'm concerned, the government will lie just to save face.. we just happen to be saving face from hundreds of years ago. Those irate scientists, with their schooling, their PhDs.. who are they to tell me what I see? You people act as if the government has never lied to you. We're at war right now because of a lie! There were no WMD's in Saddam's possesion, yet we're over there and getting killed. Now what? We're restoring democracy? I think not! Hell, we're still sketchy about admitting we lost Vietnam, and that was over 40 years ago.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
Thank you sir, here is some more
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 10:48:19 AM »
Thank you for your support, although my arguments dont seem to have the backing of most of the room, I can understand it. All their information comes from textbooks and lectures, those come from academic institutions.  Someone here said it would cost 3 trillion dollers to push the round earth theroy, and that everyone is invloved. I will tell you that only a select few people are involved the coverup.  The select few would be NASA (the astronauts) [Government Run] and governmet run manufacturing companies that produce the doctered products and products to doctor evidence, and whomever else is deemed nessisary  The educators are caught in a web of deceit, that has continued over time. They are teaching a lie and do not know it. The Government and security organisation have done such a good job at doing this that the lie is now self taught.  You dont need 3 trillion dollers when people pay for the lie to be taught.  I can understand your point of view.  You try to explane it with your knowlege but in all reality you have never seen the evidence of a round earth.  And the government does lie. Abu Grabe, war in iraq, watergate. These are all things that the government has tried to get away with but have been caught. It takes people like me to do the work for the many. I know the truth and so do you.  Deep down you want to believe me but you have been held back by your deceved logic.  Academia can only take you so far. Sometimes you have to trust you gut.
www.un.int

Re: Thank you sir, here is some more
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 12:16:56 PM »
Thank you for your support, although my arguments dont seem to have the backing of most of the room, I can understand it. All their information comes from textbooks and lectures, those come from academic institutions.

What arguments do you have? All you say is the government has doctored evidence. You cant even give any sane motive for doing so. Give some evidence of flat earth (like a working model). Please explain, in your model how day/night cycle, and gravity works. You could imagine how one would work, but it would break the others logic.

All the examples I gave that point to a sphere earth can be observed by anyone with no high tech gadgets whatsoever.

Someone here said it would cost 3 trillion dollers to push the round earth theroy, and that everyone is invloved. I will tell you that only a select few people are involved the coverup.  The select few would be NASA (the astronauts) [Government Run] and governmet run manufacturing companies that produce the doctered products and products to doctor evidence, and whomever else is deemed nessisary

This is just nonsense. You can't even think of any good motive for doing this. And it would be completly impossible anyway.

The educators are caught in a web of deceit, that has continued over time. They are teaching a lie and do not know it. The Government and security organisation have done such a good job at doing this that the lie is now self taught.  You dont need 3 trillion dollers when people pay for the lie to be taught.  I can understand your point of view.  You try to explane it with your knowlege but in all reality you have never seen the evidence of a round earth.

See any of my points in my post for evidence. Please explain them instead of just throwing out the government cover up card.

And the government does lie. Abu Grabe, war in iraq, watergate. These are all things that the government has tried to get away with but have been caught. It takes people like me to do the work for the many. I know the truth and so do you.  Deep down you want to believe me but you have been held back by your deceved logic.  Academia can only take you so far. Sometimes you have to trust you gut.
www.un.int

Unrelated nonsense.

?

MmMmmBrains

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 02:17:32 PM »
You're kind of slow, aren't you lifewing?
Is it that hard to see when someone is trolling you?

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 03:48:09 PM »
Here's a question for bullhorn...

What kind of crazy sun does not shine much on the middle of the flat earth (the north pole) but does hit the middle part pretty strongly (the tropics) and then completely skips the outer area?  Does this sun have a hole in it?  :?  Also, what causes seasons?  If nothing else, the climate distribution itself should be plenty of sphere evidence.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 03:58:47 PM »
Any argument you can come up with regarding a round earth can be countered and I will do it.  There is scientific evidence backing up the fact that the earth is flat.

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 04:02:11 PM »
Any argument you can come up with regarding a round earth can be countered and I will do it.  There is scientific evidence backing up the fact that the earth is flat.

Hey, at least you're determined.  :)

?

Scorpion

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2005, 05:21:39 PM »
Any argument you can come up with regarding a round earth can be countered and I will do it.

Go right ahead....

There is scientific evidence backing up the fact that the earth is flat.

Where?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »
Here is why the earth is flat.  Lets assume the earth is round as you like to believe.  The funny thing is is that the ocean is calm and the seas are calm. If for instance there was a curve as you claim, and that you can see the curve when you are in an airplane. Wouldn't water run over the curve similar to a waterfall and keep moving causing great disasters and water splashing everywhere. If we assume that the earth contains the water in a bowl and that ice walls 150 feet high contain it then it would explane how the sea levels are constant and level.  It is a known that the North Pole is the center and the south (antarctica) is the edge. 150 foot high wall of ice that no one has ever crossed.  Why isnt antarctica populated like the rest of the world?  Why is the only perminate settlement settlement government run and why is their a military base down there.  Why was the Antarctic Treaty developed, it prohibates and military testing or action there. One could only assume this would be as not to disrupt the ice wall. The fact that no one has come back from the edge is a mystery to me.