Proof that the Earth is indeed flat

• 179 Replies
?

Dr_Bill

NASA Releases Flat Earth Image
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 08:19:44 PM »
NASA Releases Flat Earth Image
In a press release along with the stunning image of the new Flat Earth,
 " .... we at NASA made a mistake about the round earth.  
Oh well, .... opps ... our lense was dirty and out of focus.  Sorry."

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 08:36:26 PM »
Because water is not being pulled to sides but straight down? This is why you have higher presure at the bottom.
Okay, its being pulled to the sides to, but its equal on all sides so it negates it (exception following). The only thing not negated is straight towards the center of gravity.

And water does slosh around due to gravity, its called tides. When being pulled to a side is not so equal to the other side.

Do you know how much freaking pressure there would be on that ICE wall of yours if that was only thing keeping water on earth?
I cant even fathom it.

Take the mass of the ocean water times by gravity constant and divide it by the area of your ICE wall which is abismally small compared to the ocean mass. It would be bull dozed off the earth so freaking fast its not funny.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 09:55:52 PM »
You do understand when water is put under awsome pressure it solidifies and then creates a solid that is called Ice. The reason It can take the pressure is simmilar to the sea floor. It does not break under pressure.  This is one of the reasons the Ice is able to stay constant.

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2005, 12:23:52 AM »
Presure doesnt create ice.
Ice forms when the temprature decreases and the two hydrogen atoms move and approach symetry. The freezing point is just the threshold at which this happens. Ice is actually less dense than water.

Furthermore, water underpressure actually prevents this. Its a lot colder at the bottom of the ocean than the freezing point of water, but there is no ice down there.

Good job in saying like the exact opposite of what is true. :?

Desity:
water 1.000  x 10^3 (kg/m^3)
Ice     0.917 x 10^3 (kg/m^3)

If your way is true, ice would form bottom up, which it don't. Ice forms on the top and works its way downward.

Now, quit side tracking and explain your model.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2005, 06:17:19 AM »
Ice is the solid form of water. The phase transition occurs when liquid water is cooled below 0 C (273 K, 32 F) at standard atmospheric pressure. Ice can be formed at higher temperatures in pressurized environments, and water will remain a liquid or gas until -30 C at lower pressures. Ice formed at high pressure has a different crystal structure and density than ordinary ice.
Ice, water and water vapour can coexist at the triple point, which for this system is 273.16 K at a pressure of 611.73 Pa.

An unusual feature of ice frozen at a pressure of one atmosphere is that the solid is less dense than liquid water (10 % less). Ice has a density of 0.917 g/cm3 at 0 C, whereas water has a density of 0.9998 g/cm3 at the same temperature. Liquid water is most dense, essentially 1.00 g/cm3 , at 4 C and becomes less dense as the water molecules begin to form the hexagonal crystals of ice as the temperature drops to 0 C. (In fact, the word "crystal" derives from the Greek word for frost.) This is due to hydrogen bonds forming between the water molecules, which line up molecules less efficiently (in terms of volume) when water is frozen. The result of this is that ice floats on liquid water, an important factor in Earth's climate.

As a crystalline solid, ice is considered a mineral.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2005, 06:18:11 AM »
Ice can be created under pressure

?

MmMmmBrains

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2005, 08:08:10 AM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
Ice can be created under pressure

Very true.
It ties in with one theory as to how the dinosaurs died. There were lots of ice caverns with moving water running through them, and the pressure was so great inside the cavern, the moving water would actually freeze to the sides of the walls, making the ice caverns more dense. Well, it goes like this for a few million years, but eventually the ice forms a crack due to all the energy (heat) the moving water was causing with it's friction. Then with the crack, bam, not as much pressure with the water being able to move more freely through the cracks. So the ice began to melt at a much greater rate, blah blah blah, ice breaks, tons and tons of water flows through land, killing dinosaurs.
The dinosaur stuff is a theory, but everything else is scientific fact. You learn it in basic highschool chemistry, so please stop embarassing yourself. Ice can be created under pressure.

?

youpeoplearefuckingnuts

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2005, 10:44:47 PM »
I have never, I repeat NEVER in all my years heard anything so duplicitly ludicris and hilarious at the same time. I would hazard a guess that none of you know diddly shit about mathematics or physics. If you did you would not even entertain the ridiculous notion that the world could be flat. So because you do not SEE the curvature of the Earth you think it is flat....that is because the Earth is TEN FUCKING THOUSAND MILES IN DIAMETER. That means the graduation of curvature is too slight to see. Take a basketball and look at it, you can tell it is a sphere, if you were the size of a grain of sand on that basketball it would be much harder to tell it were curved. Lets totally forget physics too of course, lets forget that gravity pulls things toward a common center. Oh wat, most of you probably have never even heard of physics. I will try to talk in small words so you can understand. Oh I would also guess that none of you have ever SEEN a telescope before, of course you would never have looked at the Moon then. That would mean you would not have seen with your OWN EYES that the Moon is a spherical body in space. You would not then surmise that the Earth is ALSO a spherical body. How about the SUN!!!!!! DO YOU THINK THE SUN IS FLAT TOO? Wow mommy, look at that bright sun, boy it sure does look like a circle to me. I wonder if that means it is ROUND!!!!!! holy SHIT Batman, the kid is onto something!

Do I sound condescending, yep you betcha, uneducated people are the bane of humanity. Unfortunately it is illegal to shoot them for being stupid, such a shame. Though, the would would have no population problem if it were legal. I would bet at least half this forum's members are inbred with barely a kindergarten reading level. Why don't you pick up a book and GROW A BRAIN.

Oh one more thing, if you want to send me all kinds of nasty messages beacuse I offended you for being an idiot and want to tell me all about how the Earth is flat.

They will only further convince me you are an idiot  :D

?

jeravicious

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2005, 11:10:58 PM »
Lol.....

My friend...nobody here believes in this Flat Earth Theory...they are merely making posts about it in order to wind you up.

And they've succeeded...I give them credit for that.  Some pimple-faced kid is sitting in his underwear in his parent's basement too afraid to talk to a girl or even socialize in the "real" world...so he goes online and decides "I'll be cool and wind some people up by claiming I believe in the ludicrous and insane!!!"

No rational person in the 21st Century really believes in this nonsense.

btw, this will be my First and Only reply on this site...please, pimply-face kids...don't respond back...I wouldn't read it anyway.   If you do, you will only prove my point.  Get off the Internet...you're a waste of bandwidth.  There REALLY are girls out there....grow some balls and go learn how to socialize with real people.

Later...I'm off to bang my wife.

:lol:

?

youpeoplearefuckingnuts

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2005, 12:05:09 AM »
While I agree with at least half of what the guy above me said, the other half sounded like excerpts from movies so....

I still think this is the funniest site ever!

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »
Quote from: "youpeoplearefuckingnuts"

I still think this is the funniest site ever!

PROVE IT!
 r dominate forum

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2005, 12:49:05 AM »
Well, I do infact believe the earth is flat. My background is that of Biology I would like to say that I do understand your argument that you believe the Earth is round.  You have absolutely no way to know 100 precent becuse you have not seen it. You have only seen pictures and video, which clearly have been doctored. Go outside on a clear day and look into the distance and you will see a flat earth, why you ask? becuase it is so. You have been conditioned since you were born to believe the Earth is round and been taught the self perpetuating lie since you were a child. Why, I dont know. For many many thousand years the earth was thought to be flat and as soon as modern technology comes into play the earth is suddenly round. Very convenient.  Please try to understand the argument for a flat earth. I know you think we are all stupid, but Im the one who needs to see with my own eyes to believe.

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2005, 01:23:17 AM »
Hey, you can see where they are watching you from.
 am what I am.
I am Bi-Lo Man.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2005, 12:27:38 PM »
I dont understand

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2005, 09:05:11 PM »
I dont understand

Right there.

I am Bi-Lo Man.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2005, 09:43:35 PM »
Im not sure what your point is. The fact that I believe the earth is flat or your nonsense remarks

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2005, 11:56:13 PM »
Open paint, now make a circle, magnify it by 1600%, appears flat doesn't it? You are only looking at the image increased by 100x, Imagine the image increased by 4,000,000x, which is about the comparison of the earth to a normal zoom of the earth. Does that makes sense to you as to why the earth appears flat?
 r dominate forum

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2005, 03:42:13 AM »
Well, I do infact believe the earth is flat.

I know you think we are all stupid, but Im the one who needs to see with my own eyes to believe.

Have you seen this flat Earth then? And don't repeat that argument that "it looks flat" because as others have said a round Earth would look flat to an observer on the surface.

Here is something from an old post I made:

If the Earth was flat and in the form of the UN map then seismic waves would have to travel something like this:

in order to be consistent with reality (i.e. seismologists measurements of the time taken for a seismic wave to reach certain points on the Earth's surface).

You can't say "that's because seismologists are part of the conspiracy" because everyday people experience the effects of these earthquakes. If for whatever reason seismic waves did defy the laws of physics and travel like in the above image then waves on a smaller scale would have to also, and that is definitely not the case. Waves in any medium have been shown to radiate in a circular fashion no matter where the experiments take place. This is consistent with a round Earth.

The flat Earthers stopped posting after I made that point.
ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2005, 09:18:54 AM »
I would have to say that I am not able to make out your fuzzy diagram.  It is very simple how this works. If your throw a rock into a puddle or pool which is flat you will notice that the shockwaves travel in a fasion that can be altered by objects in its path. Simmilar to that of a flat earth.  Like I said before if the Earth was a sphere then water would run in a continuing motion if there was an earthquake. Think of it this way what happens if you pour water on a beach ball. The water goes off the sides becuase it is a slant and it moves off the slant fast. If the earth really was round at the first earthquake the planet would be a disaster.   Just another thing for you to think about. And how would you explane that

?

KillerSquirrelsWithRifles

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2005, 05:18:16 PM »
Hey khatores is that a picture of u?If so,ur HOT!

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2005, 07:48:13 PM »
I would have to say that I am not able to make out your fuzzy diagram.
I'll explain some more. Since the UN map model of the Earth distorts the continents of the round Earth it would also have to distort the shape of seismic waves in order to reconcile with reality. The seismic waves would travel something like on the above diagram. Since waves radiate outwards maintaining their general shape, waves on a smaller scale (e.g. ripples in a pond) that are located closer to the "ice wall" would also be noticeably distorted in the same manner. In reality, this is not the case.

It is very simple how this works. If your throw a rock into a puddle or pool which is flat you will notice that the shockwaves travel in a fasion that can be altered by objects in its path. Simmilar to that of a flat earth.  Like I said before if the Earth was a sphere then water would run in a continuing motion if there was an earthquake. Think of it this way what happens if you pour water on a beach ball. The water goes off the sides becuase it is a slant and it moves off the slant fast. If the earth really was round at the first earthquake the planet would be a disaster.   Just another thing for you to think about. And how would you explane that

Simple.

The black lines represent the direction gravity is acting in. In the case of the beach ball, the water runs down (towards the Earth) and off the beach ball due to gravity acting downwards. The Earth doesn't have this problem because gravity acts from all sides. There is no external force pulling down on the Earth (unlike the beach ball).

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2005, 10:30:50 PM »
I can understand your reasons for thinking your diagram is accurate but in all reallity it is not.  We as of yet dont fully understand the way gravity works. It is not fully understood. So you have made alot of assumptions when you drew those diagrams. I will explane to you how I believe gravity works.  On the flat earth, the earth is flying upwards, and so that is why gravity exists. As the earth goes upwards we are being forced to the ground simmilar to if you jump in an elevator.  Your diagram assumes the earth is round and is not being affected by many things. For example. According to the theory of a round earth. The bigger an object is the more the force of gravity acts on it. I would like to say that that theroy canot be true for the very reason as we have many new objects on the planet. Ice from comets and rock from meteorites. If the bigger an object is the more gravity effects it wouldn't it be fare to say that gravity should be increasing. If the planet is getting larger due to forign bodies from space landing on it, wouldn't this in turn increase the force of gravity. How are we still able to walk around and move. It seems to me that it should be harder to move every day due to this.  It seems that athletes are able to run faster and jump higher. This doesent make sense under your theory.

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2005, 12:46:12 AM »
:shock: Wow, no offense if you actually are being serious but you just get less believable as time goes on (but if you are serious you'll probably ignore my statement because you believe I have been brainwashed into believing the scientists' dogma of the round Earth). But I don't mind wasting time on this debate whether you're serious or not since I view this as a sort of intellectual hobby. But anyway......

I can understand your reasons for thinking your diagram is accurate but in all reallity it is not. We as of yet dont fully understand the way gravity works. It is not fully understood. So you have made alot of assumptions when you drew those diagrams.

We don't understand what exactly causes gravity but we do understand how it acts on different objects therefore I made no assumptions of this kind.

Your diagram assumes the earth is round and is not being affected by many things. For example. According to the theory of a round earth. The bigger an object is the more the force of gravity acts on it. I would like to say that that theroy canot be true for the very reason as we have many new objects on the planet. Ice from comets and rock from meteorites. If the bigger an object is the more gravity effects it wouldn't it be fare to say that gravity should be increasing. If the planet is getting larger due to forign bodies from space landing on it, wouldn't this in turn increase the force of gravity. How are we still able to walk around and move. It seems to me that it should be harder to move every day due to this. It seems that athletes are able to run faster and jump higher. This doesent make sense under your theory.

Newton's law of universal gravitation states that:
F = -(G x m1 x m2)/r^2

where:
F is the magnitude of the (repulsive) gravitational force between two objects
G is the gravitational constant, approx: G = 6.6710−11 N m2 kg-2
m1 is the mass of first object
m2 is the mass of second object
r is the distance between the objects

and as a consequence of that law:
g = -(G x m1)/r^2
where g is the acceleration due to gravity

So to find the acceleration due to gravity you simply subsitute:
m1 = mass of earth = 5.973610^24 kg
r = radius of the Earth = 6,378,135 km

So:
g = -6.6710−11 (5.973610^24)/6378135^2
g = -9.794326054 m/s^2
This is the actual value of the acceleration due to gravity.

Now, lets say that each year about 10,000,000,000,000 kilograms (10^13 kg) worth of metorites fall to the Earth each year (that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than the largest estimate that I can find). So over 50 years 5x10^14 kg would have accumulated. The equation becomes:

g = -6.6710−11 (5.973610^24+5x10^14)/6378135^2
g = -9.794326055 m/s^2

That's an increase in the acceleration due to gravity of only about 0.000000001 m/s^2!!

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2005, 07:44:58 PM »
I enjoy the challange of a good argument as well.

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2005, 11:01:02 PM »
Im not sure what your point is. The fact that I believe the earth is flat or your nonsense remarks

am what I am.
I am Bi-Lo Man.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2005, 11:28:12 PM »
In all your explanations you have failed to convince me the earth is round. You make a claim and I counter it successfully

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2005, 12:43:39 AM »
In all your explanations you have failed to convince me the earth is round. You make a claim and I counter it successfully

MY GOD.

YOU MADE ME SE THE TURTH.

No just stand there plaese.

:twisted:
 am what I am.
I am Bi-Lo Man.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2005, 09:12:22 PM »
Squato, please try to stop fooling this forum with your fuzzy facts that dont add up to squat.  I showed you that the theroy of gravity could not work and I backed up my claim.  You presented a very complex soloution to the idea of gravity and I showed you a simple one that was true.  Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor. You have 2 solutions to the problem and the simpler on is the correct on according to the Rasor.  What is more believable, your complex blable or my simple explanation that can be backed up well.

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2005, 01:26:14 AM »
Squato, please try to stop fooling this forum with your fuzzy facts that dont add up to squat.

I assume you are referring to me?

I showed you that the theroy of gravity could not work and I backed up my claim. You presented a very complex soloution to the idea of gravity and I showed you a simple one that was true.

True? You mean you gave a solution that is valid given the limited amount of information presented (with the exclusion of information you don't trust). You did not prove that the theory of gravity could not work, just as those equations I presented did not prove that the theory of gravity does work - that was not my intention. My intention was to show you that according to the theory of gravity this statement:
According to the theory of a round earth. The bigger an object is the more the force of gravity acts on it. I would like to say that that theroy canot be true for the very reason as we have many new objects on the planet. Ice from comets and rock from meteorites. If the bigger an object is the more gravity effects it wouldn't it be fare to say that gravity should be increasing. If the planet is getting larger due to forign bodies from space landing on it, wouldn't this in turn increase the force of gravity. How are we still able to walk around and move. It seems to me that it should be harder to move every day due to this.  It seems that athletes are able to run faster and jump higher. This doesent make sense under your theory.

.......is not correct since it does not show a contradiction in the theory of gravity. Newton's law of universal gravitation is a part of the theory of gravity so, by performing those calculations, I showed that according to the theory of gravity the acceleration due to gravity does not increase significantly with the increase in the Earth's mass caused by meteorites/asteriods. I also previously explained (with the beach ball/Earth diagram that according to the theory of gravity earthquakes would not cause massive destruction.

Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor. You have 2 solutions to the problem and the simpler on is the correct on according to the Rasor.  What is more believable, your complex blable or my simple explanation that can be backed up well.

Yes I've heard of Ockham's razor. I also know what it means and have applyed it in the formulation of mathematical models.

This link explains when ockham's razor can be used:
http://phyun5.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physics7/Notes_www/node10.html

Emphasis should be placed on this part:
there are are theories which have the very same predictions and it is here that the Razor is useful.

Our theories do not share the same predictions therefore it is not logical to apply Ockham's Razor. Instead in order to determine which theory is more valid we must look at the evidence for and against both theories.

Speaking of evidence lets get back to the first "fuzzy" diagram that I drew. It explains that because the UN map model distorts the continents of the round Earth model in order to fit onto a 2D plane the same distortions would have to be applyed to the shapes of seismic waves so that the resulting shapes would look like this. As I said before you might say seismologists are covering this up for the Government but anyone who experiences an earthquke first hand would bear direct witness to the effects (i.e. the time it takes for the Earthquake to reach them).

P.S. You'll have to excuse my diagrams, I don't have access to NASA's advanced photoshop technology. :wink:

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2005, 05:17:42 AM »
Squato, please try to stop fooling this forum with your fuzzy facts that dont add up to squat.  I showed you that the theroy of gravity could not work and I backed up my claim.  You presented a very complex soloution to the idea of gravity and I showed you a simple one that was true.  Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor. You have 2 solutions to the problem and the simpler on is the correct on according to the Rasor.  What is more believable, your complex blable or my simple explanation that can be backed up well.

No, all I'm seeing is someone who is hitting their head against a brick wall, and is calling it cake.

Now it looks like a wall, feels like a wall, and to anyone else IS a wall. To you, it is a cake. If someone points that it is a wall, you go "I'm right, your wrong, I rule." then go back to hitting your head against the wall.

Yes Occam's Razor does say that. But your "science" (that I use loosely) fails in it's methods. The threoy of Gravity (which has after 300 years not been proven wrong by the best minds the world has seen in that time), is a simple threoy which needs the person to believe one thing. "What comes up, must come down". Yours does not, as it means that someone will need to suspend their disbelief in the fact that under the rules of your threoy things do not float up in the air of no reason whats so ever.
 am what I am.
I am Bi-Lo Man.