Why do we NEVER see the Darkside of the Moon if it rotates on ax like Nasa says

• 154 Replies
?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
Again let me burst your bubble...happily
... Regardless of what you think the rotation looks ...Why hasn't Nasa filmed the rotation showing the other side?
If it doesn't face Earth  Than why not film 🎥 the other side by sending a satellite or probe busted!

This is the first ever photo of the dark side of the Moon taken by the Luna 3 probe:

This is the dark side of the Moon as seen by Apollo 16:

Here is a composite image of the dark side of the Moon made by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter probe:

Do your research before you assume.

For this Texas-butthole it'll be even better if he titled this topic "The Dork-side of the Moon".
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
For this Texas-butthole it'll be even better if he titled this topic "The Dork-side of the Moon".

Don't give them ideas.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator

Watch the personal attacks. They are against the rules.

Please stop calling it the "dark side of the Moon". It's the "far side of the moon". Sometimes it's dark, sometimes not, but it's not visible from earth.

"Dark" = not in sunlight. Which half this is changes as the Moon rotates once a month. Part of the dark side is facing earth but it's dark, so, hard to see.
"Far" = facing away from earth. This half (approximately) is sometimes sunlit (so, not dark) and sometimes not, but most of it is never visible from here.

Thank you!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Mikey T.

Quite simpy, there have been probes and missions that have photographed the backside of the moon.  One probe orbited and mapped the entire moon in high definition scans.  Now I know this will be said to be a lie or part of the conspiracy but, If we can arbitrarily throw out any evidence that support our cause also saying its some conspiracy or obviously fake, then we can throw out any argument you make using this supposed fakery also.  Just to be fair and all.  I say you don't believe they are faked, but you are trying to get people to think all Flat Earth supporters are just as crazy and rude as you are playing out to be, thus reducing any credibility they may have.  So more so than I am, you are, as they like to say here, a shill.

?

LogicalKiller

Watch the personal attacks. They are against the rules.

Oh yeah, but so, swearing Vauxhall doesn't exist.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

Any free thinking 👨 or 👩 can tell that those images are completely fake and not of the moon.  The Luna 3 image is a fuzzy blurred piece of art 🎨

?

LogicalKiller

Any free thinking 👨 or 👩 can tell that those images are completely fake and not of the moon.  The Luna 3 image is a fuzzy blurred piece of art 🎨

Prove it, you "free thinking" farmer boy!

ausGeoff

Hey there hayseed... can you post your exact reasons for claiming that any of those images are "completely fake"?  Or is this just another of your personal opinions, unsupported by any viable evidence.

And remember; personal opinions do not equate with empirical scientific evidence.  You also need to prove that those images are not of the moon, but of some other astronomical body.  But I'm betting this just ain't gonna happen is it?

?

LogicalKiller

Hey there hayseed...

Wrong! You can't call him a "hayseed" or "farmer", because Australia also has ones that are very similar to them, e.g. bogans.

Hey there hayseed... can you post your exact reasons for claiming that any of those images are "completely fake"?  Or is this just another of your personal opinions, unsupported by any viable evidence.

And remember; personal opinions do not equate with empirical scientific evidence.  You also need to prove that those images are not of the moon, but of some other astronomical body.  But I'm betting this just ain't gonna happen is it?

AusGeoff, and what is your opinion? Objective? Of course, we're giving personal opinions here. You don't have empirical evidence when it comes to a funny picture of the far side of the Moon. Even you should admit that. How exactly do you know the picture is real. Describe at least the reasoning behind your conviction. I think the so-called picture is a real photo, but not of the Moon. It is a photo of a model which they photographed in a studio. I don't expect you to agree with me, but like I said you can't prove it is real either, so relax.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther

Really?  for a fuzzy piece of art it sure looks like this image of the Moon from the LRO:

If you knew anything about probes back in 1959 when Luna 3 was launched and how they communicated data and stuff you would realize that picture actually has pretty impressive quality all things considered.  Space probes also can't communicate with Earth on the far side of the Moon because the Moon blocks the signal, so it's very hard to do anything back there.

ausGeoff

AusGeoff, and what is your opinion? Objective? Of course, we're giving personal opinions here. You don't have empirical evidence when it comes to a funny picture of the far side of the Moon. Even you should admit that. How exactly do you know the picture is real. Describe at least the reasoning behind your conviction. I think the so-called picture is a real photo, but not of the Moon. It is a photo of a model which they photographed in a studio. I don't expect you to agree with me, but like I said you can't prove it is real either, so relax.

My opinion is shared by thousands of astrophysicists the world over.  Your opinion that those images are bogus is shared by a mere handful of flat earth believers.  My opinion is backed by expert scientific antecedents and ratiocination.  Your opinion is backed by unevidenced guesses made in desperation to support your purported flat earth notion.

Really?  for a fuzzy piece of art it sure looks like this image of the Moon from the LRO:

If you knew anything about probes back in 1959 when Luna 3 was launched and how they communicated data and stuff you would realize that picture actually has pretty impressive quality all things considered.  Space probes also can't communicate with Earth on the far side of the Moon because the Moon blocks the signal, so it's very hard to do anything back there.
Kinda mindblowing that these were film cameras, with onboard development lab & scanner.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
WE all have wondered at least once in life... Why the Moon doesn't show its Dark Side...
Actually, the moon does show its dark side every month.  It's called a new moon.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

My opinion is shared by thousands of astrophysicists the world over.  Your opinion that those images are bogus is shared by a mere handful of flat earth believers.  My opinion is backed by expert scientific antecedents and ratiocination.  Your opinion is backed by unevidenced guesses made in desperation to support your purported flat earth notion.

Oh, I see now. So you are right just because everyone else thinks like you not because you have any evidence to back it up. Good thinking! What you mentioned is not evidence. You don't have evidence. You can't have evidence. You haven't been to space. You trust someone who is basically making a fool out of you. I definitely don't get it how believing unconditionally in whoever doesn't constitute naivety. No reasonable person should believe a picture is real without evidence it is. In this case, the evidence doesn't exist. It cannot be verified by anyone independently. By the way, pictures are never evidence.

Oh, I see now. So you are right just because everyone else thinks like you not because you have any evidence to back it up. Good thinking! What you mentioned is not evidence. You don't have evidence. You can't have evidence. You haven't been to space. You trust someone who is basically making a fool out of you. I definitely don't get it how believing unconditionally in whoever doesn't constitute naivety. No reasonable person should believe a picture is real without evidence it is. In this case, the evidence doesn't exist. It cannot be verified by anyone independently. By the way, pictures are never evidence.

I'll second that great point by Saros.

My gut feeling tells me that many so called posters here are INTENTIONALLY here to deceive /distract/ deny THE TRUTH.
Many are on the payroll of NASA/government no doubt.
No one spends so much time counteracting Flat Earth if it was the MOST BOGUS idea in history.

Check out images of the Illuminati Card Game:
https://imageshack.com/user/umairq17
Like the Illuminati Card Game states: "People laugh, but the flat earthers know something.."
These Cards released many years ago.. before 9/11... show 9/11 occurring... show a fake moon landing that is filmed in a studio
.. and many other FACTS that have happened or will happen.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
I have just posed this question to Rory Cooper : Rory, have you ever tried to make a video about alleged ONE MONTHLY ROTATION of the Moon??? So, according to them, rotational speed of the Moon is a constant, Moon's orbit is very eccentric, and we still can't see other side of the Moon....One has to be more retarded than the most retarded man in the world so to believe such a crap of a theory!!!
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

I have just posed this question to Rory Cooper : Rory, have you ever tried to make a video about alleged ONE MONTHLY ROTATION of the Moon??? So, according to them, rotational speed of the Moon is a constant, Moon's orbit is very eccentric, and we still can't see other side of the Moon....One has to be more retarded than the most retarded man in the world so to believe such a crap of a theory!!!

Rory Cooper is a halfwit. Most of his videos aren't even wrong, they're nonsense. All they serve to demonstrate is his woefully inadequate grasp of reality. It's like a child's attempt to understand the world.

From the Earth it is not possible to video a rotation, as has been stated many times before the same face (barring libration) always faces the Earth. The reason is simple. If the moon rotates once a month and it completes an orbit once a month then the same side will always face us.

Now if you were to film the Earth moon system from say a Lagrange point then you would see the moon rotating from your point of view.

Go here and actually read and watch the videos:

http://www.quora.com/Why-do-we-always-see-the-same-side-of-the-Moon-from-Earth
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

From the Earth it is not possible to video a rotation, as has been stated many times before the same face (barring libration) always faces the Earth. The reason is simple. If the moon rotates once a month and it completes an orbit once a month then the same side will always face us.

Now if you were to film the Earth moon system from say a Lagrange point then you would see the moon rotating from your point of view.

Go here and actually read and watch the videos:

http://www.quora.com/Why-do-we-always-see-the-same-side-of-the-Moon-from-Earth

It isn't possible to video a rotation of the Moon from anywhere as the Moon doesn't rotate. You can't prove me wrong. All your confidence comes from believing in fairy tales. The same way anyone can start a cult and believe whatever they want. No more credibility to it whatsoever.

Yes..exactly what many know as the truth... earth and moon dont rotate

?

LogicalKiller

Do you know what Foucalt pendulum is?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther

Foucault pendulums, gyroscopes, and the Coriolis effect say otherwise.

ausGeoff

So apparently you've actually been to space yourself, and seen the earth from a distance, and can personally assure me that it's indeed flat? And yet—strangely—you have even less photographic evidence—genuine or bogus—than I do in order to support your contarary claim about the earth's geometry? 

And to claim photographic images are "never evidence" means that you've never been in a criminal law court, where photographic evidence is consistently tendered as the prosecution's evidence.  And if you've not visited the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, or the Sydney Harbour bridge, and seen only photographs of them, then presumably—using your logic [sic]—they may well not exist?

Like numerous flat earthers here, you simply attempt to repudiate all the established evidence for the spherical planet without ever supplying any viable conflicting evidence of your own.

What's even more absurd is that you're apparently claiming that millions of astrophysicists the world over are wrong and/or lying—whilst at the same time you can't even name a handful of scientists who support your view.  Which in any rational person's opinion sounds ludicrous, even at first glance.

It isn't possible to video a rotation of the Moon from anywhere as the Moon doesn't rotate. You can't prove me wrong. All your confidence comes from believing in fairy tales. The same way anyone can start a cult and believe whatever they want. No more credibility to it whatsoever.
Do you believe the moon is a sphere or a disk?

How eccentric is very eccentric? Numbers, please, not arm waving, and the source for the numbers[nb]This information is easily available, but your own observations, with details of how the experiment was conducted, along with the results, are fine, too.[/nb]. If you don't know, then how can you claim it's eccentric? How much does its angular velocity change over the period of one orbit? Again, be specific.

The rotational speed of the Moon is constant for practical purposes; its orbital speed is not (but by how much, Mr. "very eccentric"?) The result is the well-known libration.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

mikeman7918

• Round Earther

But the Moon's orbit is not very eccentric, but it's orbital eccentricity does cause the Moon to appear to rotate back and forth a tiny bit once per month.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

No one spends so much time counteracting Flat Earth if it was the MOST BOGUS idea in history.

That's a good point, isn't it?

Do you believe the moon is a sphere or a disk?

As far as I am concerned there is no evidence the Moon is solid. A sphere or disk of what? How can you tell? Just by looking at it? It is easy to believe in something, but why?