Why do we NEVER see the Darkside of the Moon if it rotates on ax like Nasa says

• 154 Replies
WE all have wondered at least once in life... Why the Moon doesn't show its Dark Side... Or other side.. I mean the system has taught us that EVERY planet and moon spins on its axis AND orbits the sun at the same time... Sounds neat but it's false.
Here's how space.com describes the Moon and it's alleged rotation :
The moon orbits the Earth once every 27.322 days. It also takes approximately 27 days for the moon to rotate once on its axis. As a result, the moon does not seem to be spinning but appears to observers from Earth to be keeping almost perfectly still.

Here's the thing... Even while during the Moon is in the process of completing it's alleged orbit of Earth... It's constant rotation on its OWN AXIS should eventually show the other side... That is plain common sense... A part of a Round Earth would witness and observe the other side of the Moon...
Hey just like how our own Earth is supposedly visible from Space changing it orbit and spinning... We've all seen the fake videos from the space station or shuttle showing.the Earth rotating on its axis

Here's a video from the fake hoax Galileo Spacecraft :
Rotating Earth from Space (Galileo spacecraft 1990) HD: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

So Earths rotation on its axis is visible from Space but the Moons alleged rotation somehow can't be seen by any side of the round Earth or even from Space?

Is the Moon somehow sacred that Nasa cannot records it's rotation for all to see but it can record perfectly somehow the orbit of far away planets Like Jupiter?

Jupiter is allegedly 365 MILLION miles away and the Moon according to NASA is our nearest neighbor and again according to them is 239,000 miles away

Check this video on YouTube showing the complete rotation of Jupiter on its axis which is supposedly very fast in that it completes it's rotation in just under 10 hours...(by the way...how the heck does a satellite just stay still in space filming this hoax for 10 hours?  Lmao)

Jupiter's full rotation in 2014 best edition!: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

I think I will pass on this utter nonsense.. So funny..
 Proves again that our Earth is Flat... That the Moon Or Earth DO NOT rotate on their made up axis.

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
It's called tidal locking. It's very simple. Look it up.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
ME! ME! ME!

I can answer that.

The rotation period of the Moon is exactly as long as his orbital period around the earth. From the earth perspective you can indeed say, the moon doesn't rotate at all. But from a perspective outside of the earth-moon-system you would see it rotate 1 time every month and also going around the earth 1 time every month.

That is no t accidental. it is called "bound rotation" and it always happens when a celestial body orbits around another one that has much more mass and is not too far away. For example, the inner moons of Jupiter have all bound rotation. For the outer ones I am not sure and I'm too lazy too google it.

EDIT: Of course the big ones have all bound rotation, for they are relatively close. I would guess, all Jupiter moons are like that, even the ones most far away, because they are so small.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:48:19 AM by FalseProphet »

Again... Even though what you both stated is clearly false... As I stated a part of the Earth would witness the rotation.. But more importantly AGAIN... Why hasn't Nasa filmed our own  Moons rotation and shown the world the other side From space?
It's normal for shills like you to completely disregard the obvious

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
Again... Even though what you both stated is clearly false... As I stated a part of the Earth would witness the rotation.. But more importantly AGAIN... Why hasn't Nasa filmed our own  Moons rotation and shown the world the other side From space?

I knew you would say something like that.

"a part of the Earth would witness the rotation".

That's really funny. Go on, cowboy!

?

Weatherwax

In what way is what we stated false? Have you bothered to research tidal locking? There is no rotation when viewed from earth, the same side always faces us. You don't get this do you? Do some reading other than the bible.
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
By the way, there are maps of the dark side of the Moon. So they did "show the world" the other side.

If I take a globe and rotate an orange around it while the orange is spinning on it axis.. I'm bound to see the other side
Funny how none of you answer the obvious question about why Nasa hasn't ever filmed the Moons rotation from space like it has for Earth and all the other planets?  Do you really think people on this board believe you lol

And those two videos of Earths rotation and Jupiter's I linked... Are CLEARLY faked and graphics.. Anyone with even a minute brain size could see the forgery

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
why Nasa hasn't ever filmed the Moons rotation from space

Don't know if they did. If not, why should they. They had to do it from a space probe sent outside of the earth-moon-system. so it would have coast the American taxpayer a lot of money.

?

Weatherwax

Why does it matter what NASA have filmed, if you think it's all faked anyway?

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
Why don't you people just admit this video is the fakest looking thing you've ever seen:

Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

ausGeoff

I'm left wondering just how many more nonsensical threads our farm boy is gonna start?  His ignorance of astrophysics is truly astounding.  Must be soaking up too much of that bovine excrement where he lives LOL...

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Synchronous Rotation of The Moon

?

BJ1234

Why don't you people just admit this video is the fakest looking thing you've ever seen:

Because I don't think NASA uses makeagif.com ???

ausGeoff

Duh..... of course it's bogus.  It's a computer-generated GIF.  Are you a thicko or what?    ;D

If I take a globe and rotate an orange around it while the orange is spinning on it axis.. I'm bound to see the other side
Try it then.  Let us know how that turns out.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics

Moon is orbiting on tidal-locked orbit. Here's how it looks (left gif is right, right gif is false - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/56/Tidal_locking_of_the_Moon_with_the_Earth.gif/300px-Tidal_locking_of_the_Moon_with_the_Earth.gif)
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist

Moon is orbiting on tidal-locked orbit. Here's how it looks (left gif is right, right gif is false - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/56/Tidal_locking_of_the_Moon_with_the_Earth.gif/300px-Tidal_locking_of_the_Moon_with_the_Earth.gif)
What do you mean by tidally locked? Come on, out with it.

?

Weatherwax

Funny how none of you answer the obvious question about why Nasa hasn't ever filmed the Moons rotation from space like it has for Earth and all the other planets?  Do you really think people on this board believe you lol

Place a mark on your orange, move the orange around your globe with the mark always facing the globe. You will see that the orange has rotated once for every orbit of the globe. It happens to all binary systems due to gravity. The moon has been locked because earth has much greater gravity than the moon.

This will happen to earth as well if it survives long enough. It will be locked by the sun, and the same side of earth will always face the sun.

?

LogicalKiller

What do you mean by tidally locked? Come on, out with it.

I mean that there is a synchronous rotation occuring.

Place a mark on your orange, move the orange around your globe with the mark always facing the globe. You will see that the orange has rotated once for every orbit of the globe. It happens to all binary systems due to gravity. The moon has been locked because earth has much greater gravity than the moon.

This will happen to earth as well if it survives long enough. It will be locked by the sun, and the same side of earth will always face the sun.

Actually not. It happens because of a friction between land of Earth and oceans.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

Haha wow can't stop laughing at this tidal lock 🔐 mechanism now in place on our poor moon 🌚
Let me guess Nasa is the one with the key 🔑 to unlock 🔓?
Lmao
The animation that one of you posted shows that the moon NEVER actually completes a rotation of its own axis
According to Round Earthers and basically other pagan sun worshippers ...the moon And Earth rotate on their Axis .
Buttt there js Always an Exception if NEED be
Forgot The fact that Nasa or The pagans have never bothered To film the full Rotation or an Eclipse from Space lol ..busted !

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
This video my Minute Earth explains a lot of stuff like tidal locking:
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Weatherwax

Look at the animations again. The one on the left is what actually happens. The same side of the moon is always facing the earth, and it completes one revolution per orbit of the earth. The one on the right is what would happen if the moon did not rotate.

This has been explained to you in the simplest possible terms. You are either pretending to not understand because it doesn't fit your religious beliefs, or you are incredibly stupid.

Again let me burst your bubble...happily
... Regardless of what you think the rotation looks ...Why hasn't Nasa filmed the rotation showing the other side?
If it doesn't face Earth  Than why not film 🎥 the other side by sending a satellite or probe busted!

Moons 365 million miles away of Jupiter can be filmed
Or faked rather but why can't nasa send a probe to Moons other side

The point though is why it's the moon is not visible fully.. And reason because it doesn't rotate and second NOTHING can ever pierce the FIRMAMENT so no probes can take pictures from that high

?

Weatherwax

If it didn't rotate it would all be visible from earth as it orbits numb nuts.

You beliefs are just that, your beliefs. Nothing to do with anyone else.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_side_of_the_Moon#/media/File:Back_side_of_the_Moon_AS16-3021.jpg

Moons 365 million miles away of Jupiter can be filmed
Or faked rather but why can't nasa send a probe to Moons other side
Yes, the moons far away are relatively easy to film by nasa and amateurs alike exactly because they are far away. To do the same for our moon the camera would have to be located further out in the solar system. I don't know if this has been done but I sure don't see any point in setting out to specifically do so.

Probes have been used to study the moon's dark side since Soviet Union's Luna 3 achieved orbit and transmitted images in 1959.

?

LogicalKiller

The point though is why it's the moon is not visible fully.. And reason because it doesn't rotate and second NOTHING can ever pierce the FIRMAMENT so no probes can take pictures from that high

DYEL? If moon weren't rotating, it would be visible fully, you fully fool. Did you see this right moon on the animation? No?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Again let me burst your bubble...happily
... Regardless of what you think the rotation looks ...Why hasn't Nasa filmed the rotation showing the other side?
If it doesn't face Earth  Than why not film 🎥 the other side by sending a satellite or probe busted!

This is the first ever photo of the dark side of the Moon taken by the Luna 3 probe:

This is the dark side of the Moon as seen by Apollo 16:

Here is a composite image of the dark side of the Moon made by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter probe:

Do your research before you assume.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.