Moonlight: Dangers & Precautions

• 690 Replies
Re: Moonlight: Dangers & Precautions
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »
Has anyone ever noticed that eggs cracked on the sidewalk can boil in the heat? I have. The moon most certainly has the same effect except on the human brain. I mean, Hemmingway's records indicate that the moon affected fish strangely, and if it affected fish, it definitely affects humans. Why else would werewolves only come out during the moon light?

« Reply #361 on: June 02, 2017, 11:27:21 AM »
I agree 100%. I believe that the basic lunar radiation can almost certainly have a lycanthropic effect on those more susceptible to those type things. It would also stand to reason that the reasons werewolves are affected by silver is because the specific density of silver allows it to reflect lunar radiation. This causes an inverse radiation to bounce back at the subject.

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #362 on: June 25, 2017, 11:15:44 AM »
Why this nonsense is not in complete nonsense, but pinned here? Holy crap! Is this forum is degraded so much?

Open thinkers, what a hell?
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #363 on: June 25, 2017, 01:01:32 PM »
Good thing we have idiots like rabinoz to constantly insist that the wiki needs to be changed.  We would have never known. 

Seriously, if you think something needs to be changed, then type up a correction and submit it to, well, anyone.  If we think you have a better explanation than the current wiki, then we will change it.  If you are unwilling to even do this, then shut the f*ck up about it.  You are a broken record repeating the same crap over and over again.

I'm not Rab but I would like to submit a suggestion that we update the wiki to state that the earth is globular. Please consider this my submission.

Just thought maybe this suggestion got lost in all the talk of werewolves and moonlight frying brains like eggs on a hot sidewalk.

Well, what do we think?
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Sentinel

• Open your eyes...
« Reply #364 on: June 25, 2017, 01:17:28 PM »
Good thing we have idiots like rabinoz to constantly insist that the wiki needs to be changed.  We would have never known. 

Seriously, if you think something needs to be changed, then type up a correction and submit it to, well, anyone.  If we think you have a better explanation than the current wiki, then we will change it.  If you are unwilling to even do this, then shut the f*ck up about it.  You are a broken record repeating the same crap over and over again.

I'm not Rab but I would like to submit a suggestion that we update the wiki to state that the earth is globular. Please consider this my submission.

Just thought maybe this suggestion got lost in all the talk of werewolves and moonlight frying brains like eggs on a hot sidewalk.

Well, what do we think?

Dunno, but I happen to have a feeling that the Wiki would make a lot more sense now when your submission about a globular earth is to be granted.
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2017, 11:33:19 AM »
Monday will mark an all time high of people looking towards the moon. Expect significant rises in crime, sickness, and accidents. Always make sure to wear suitable protection while viewing the moon.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2017, 11:56:12 AM »
With the moon getting directly in front of the sun on Monday and being made of cheese there is a very high risk of it melting. Trust me you do NOT want melted cheese in your eyes. Wear protection people.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2017, 12:33:18 PM »
This is a serious matter, and I won't have the blindness of people who misunderstand your post to take this as jest on my hands. Please do not post here unless you are prepared to give this subject the seriousness it deserves..

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #368 on: August 20, 2017, 06:06:43 PM »
I would think that staring at the black sun would cause far more problems than staring at a new moon. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #369 on: August 22, 2017, 05:10:50 AM »
Monday will mark an all time high of people looking towards the moon. Expect significant rises in crime, sickness, and accidents. Always make sure to wear suitable protection while viewing the moon.

I guess he didn't get the memo

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #370 on: August 22, 2017, 12:55:43 PM »
Now we know why our president appears to be mad - because he is.

« Reply #371 on: September 13, 2017, 10:17:26 AM »
Lord Wilmore, now that I understand that you are just having a little fun by suckering people in with an elaborate troll, would you be willing to disclose how long you intend to keep these people duped?  Is there a point where you come clean and acknowledge that you're just messing with them, and then leave them to reconcile that they've been buying a giant load of crap for literally years?

You could let me know in a private message if you're not ready for the society as a whole to see it; I will absolutely keep your confidence. 

While I sometimes enjoy messing with friends once in awhile, I've never attempted a prank of this scope.  The work and the time you've invested is impressive.  I can't help but wonder if you've considered the damage being done to the people you're duping for your own amusement, or if you feel that they just would have been taken by some other crap anyway. 

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #372 on: September 13, 2017, 10:33:41 AM »
Not everybody that believes something different from you is an asshole trying to fuck with people.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #373 on: September 13, 2017, 10:36:48 AM »
Lord Wilmore, now that I understand that you are just having a little fun by suckering people in with an elaborate troll, would you be willing to disclose how long you intend to keep these people duped?  Is there a point where you come clean and acknowledge that you're just messing with them, and then leave them to reconcile that they've been buying a giant load of crap for literally years?

You could let me know in a private message if you're not ready for the society as a whole to see it; I will absolutely keep your confidence. 

While I sometimes enjoy messing with friends once in awhile, I've never attempted a prank of this scope.  The work and the time you've invested is impressive.  I can't help but wonder if you've considered the damage being done to the people you're duping for your own amusement, or if you feel that they just would have been taken by some other crap anyway. 

Why are you so cynical?  Has it ever occured to you that people might actually care?

« Reply #374 on: September 13, 2017, 10:57:55 AM »
Not everybody that believes something different from you is an asshole trying to fuck with people.
I understand this entirely, and I was willing to accept that you (the leadership of the society in this case) legitimately believed the Earth was flat.

However, when I read this thread on "dangers of moonlight" that literally counseled people to wear sunglasses when viewing the moon, and to cover all exposed skin, going so far as to advise a balaclava or scarf to cover the face of the skin and then to further block your home from moonlight "seeping in", it is obvious to any rational person that it's not genuine.  It's too far over the top. 

I'm sorry if I'm ruining your fun, but it's been literally years.  Surely you're going to give up the joke at some point, right?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2017, 11:36:42 AM »
I recommend wearing a welding hood while looking at the moon. It's the only way.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
Poe's law - how can you tell the difference?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #377 on: September 14, 2017, 01:34:59 PM »
I recommend wearing a welding hood while looking at the moon. It's the only way.

Would a tinfoil hat be a good addition to the welding hood ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

zork

« Reply #378 on: September 14, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »
Would a tinfoil hat be a good addition to the welding hood ?
Sure. You can start your own original fashion line with this. I didn't find any welding hoods with tin foil hats on my first search.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2017, 01:44:41 PM »
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #380 on: September 14, 2017, 07:22:23 PM »
I think in addition to a certificate and a coin for becoming a member of the flat earth society, you guys should throw in that tin foil hat with welding visor. I think you would get a lot more people sign up

I was also thinking you could do something like the infamous villain Ned Kelly wore back in the day. I believe his armour was not only to protect from bullets but the moonlight as well

Throw in the gun as well for added protection against werewolves and crazy lunatics deranged from the effects of the moonlight

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #381 on: September 17, 2017, 04:23:54 AM »
Poe's law - how can you tell the difference?
All the more reason to not act.

ausGeoff

« Reply #382 on: October 18, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »
I agree that the behaviours of certain fishes—such as flounder etc—can be affected by moonlight, particularly a full moon—or its absence.  Any nighttime light source starts a natural food-chain reaction by attracting a concentration of small microscopic animals known as plankton.  Bait fish such as shad and minnows are drawn to the light to feed on the plankton, and then larger game fish move in to feed on the bait fish.  Fishing boat running lights and dockside floodlighting will also have the same effect.

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
« Reply #383 on: November 11, 2017, 04:36:59 AM »

I’m assuming you have corroborated evidence to support your claim. I imagine you also have data into the nature of the light from the moon that causes the side effects that you claim.
From your standpoint what are the main differences between the moonlight photons and those given off by the sun? Where can we find your data on this subject?

What is the energy source that produces your moonlight photons?

Why do you appear to reject convention scientific wisdom that considers moonlight to be no more than reflected sunlight.
Thank you
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

« Reply #384 on: November 14, 2017, 07:44:48 AM »
Has anyone ever noticed that eggs cracked on the sidewalk can boil in the heat? I have. The moon most certainly has the same effect except on the human brain. I mean, Hemmingway's records indicate that the moon affected fish strangely, and if it affected fish, it definitely affects humans. Why else would werewolves only come out during the moon light?

fish act strangely because they are sleeping. You act strangely when you sleep... just liike your mom.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #385 on: November 14, 2017, 08:57:02 AM »

I’m assuming you have corroborated evidence to support your claim. I imagine you also have data into the nature of the light from the moon that causes the side effects that you claim.
From your standpoint what are the main differences between the moonlight photons and those given off by the sun? Where can we find your data on this subject?

What is the energy source that produces your moonlight photons?

Why do you appear to reject convention scientific wisdom that considers moonlight to be no more than reflected sunlight.
Thank you
Of course. You can find the relevant threads in the forums. However, in short, many life forms have been shown to have their behavior and health altered by moonlight. It also is a well known fact from antiquity that fish rots when left out in the moon.

Here are some relevant citations:
Madness and Crime: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/644065
Spoiling of Food: http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21
Increase Germ Activity: http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=TUC19140217.2.21&srpos=10&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-moonlight+dangerous------

Current research (performed mainly by the now Dr. Ichi) suggests that the moons light is bioluminescent due to its polarized nature.

You can also travel to any hospital or health care facility and ask them if the crazies come out at the full moon. I think the response from these educated fellows will indeed surprise you!

« Reply #386 on: November 15, 2017, 12:38:17 PM »
Thank you

You didn't

I usually don't get down in the fray, butt!!! Anybody else get a mental replay of Obi Wan saying "who is more foolish...?"

You seriously played the conventional wisdom card here?

Bwahahahaahaha!!!!!!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #387 on: November 15, 2017, 01:09:39 PM »
Thank you

Reflected sunlight has the same dangers of regular sunlight. You post alludes that because it is 'reflected' it is harmless.

I give you a task then. Hold up a mirror facing the sun. Then look at the mirror that has the sun on it. It should be harmless because you are only looking at the reflected sunlight, not the actual sunlight right?

I once thought as you did but even science has shown that the light from the moon is polarised to an extent that even dung beetles can make use of it to walk in a straight line.

Know your place

« Reply #388 on: November 24, 2017, 10:15:06 AM »
Thank you

Reflected sunlight has the same dangers of regular sunlight. You post alludes that because it is 'reflected' it is harmless.

I give you a task then. Hold up a mirror facing the sun. Then look at the mirror that has the sun on it. It should be harmless because you are only looking at the reflected sunlight, not the actual sunlight right?

The moon isn't a mirror, it's a diffuse reflector (it scatters light falling on it), and not a very efficient one at that since it absorbs most of the incident light and reflects only about 20% of it. Specular reflections (as from a mirror, which does not scatter the light) are not a useful comparison. A more meaningful test would be to hold out a flat piece of paper that reflects something like 20% of the light falling on it.

Direct sunlight (or reflections of the sun off a mirror) can be harmful to our eyes because they are not suited to handle light as intense as nearly full-strength sunlight. Extended exposure to nearly full-strength sunlight can also damage skin. Since moonlight is no brighter than about 0.00025% as bright as full sunlight, this is not a problem.

I once thought as you did but even science has shown that the light from the moon is polarised to an extent that even dung beetles can make use of it to walk in a straight line.

So? Even if true, this does not suggest that slightly-polarized reflected sunlight is dangerous; it apparently even can be useful to certain organisms. If polarization of reflected sunlight were a problem, we'd be in a lot of trouble since reflections of unpolarized light, even reflections of sunlight from surfaces around us all day, are somewhat polarized in most cases. This is why polarized sunglasses help reduce glare. If you are fearful of the dangers of moonlight, you should be even more afraid of sunlight reflected from nearly everything around you, since it's much brighter than moonlight.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:16:38 AM by Alpha2Omega »
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #389 on: November 26, 2017, 02:26:43 AM »
So, do you guys reject the entirety of the scientific process, or just parts that make it harder to believe in a deity and/or self-importance? Your sun is tiny and revolves around you(Narcissus would be proud), gravity doesn't exist(because Newton had silly hair and silly haired people can't be trusted), the world has a flat surface accepting that people could fall off or at the very least look over(Neither thing has been reported and verified, or are we in a "Truman Show"-esque dome?!), there are werewolves(Do you believe in Santa too?), you get attacked by insanity causing moon beams(Possibly why you believe what you believe. Does the sun cause insanity too?), and any science related to any of these topics has not backed any of this up(Every link throughout this forum I clicked on attempting to be scientific was not, or the science that has been done about it was peer reviewed and replicated to find different conclusions than the people here claim they made. I couldn't find any credible research in support of any of your guys' claims in my own research endeavors either).

And this is just the tip of your crazy-ass icebergs I'm sure...