Why do RE believers come here?

• 349 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Why do RE believers come here?
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2011, 08:23:09 AM »
I just don't get it? Why do you guys hate me? Why taking all those cheap shots?

I do not know. Rather than hating the player, I recommend that they instead should hate the game.

Personally, I hate the players that take advantage of the game.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Hazbollah

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Earth Shape Apathetic.
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2011, 08:24:40 AM »
Because you are a thug MC badass who could clock me out in one. I am very jealous.
Always check your tackle- Caerphilly school of Health. If I see an innuendo in my post, I'll be sure to whip it out.

?

doyh

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »

For me, it's because you are smug, ignorant, and stubborn. In other words, I'm a hypocrite.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:02:58 PM by doyh »
If we would all stop deflecting questions, maybe we could get somewhere.

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2011, 03:54:20 PM »
RE "believers"? I don't believe in anything.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2011, 05:52:45 PM »

That is quite a stance, to state that you do not believe anything.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2011, 09:54:34 PM »
Why is it so hard to believe that people would come to a forum simply to debate?  A lot of people like to debate, a lot of people like to insult people whose opinions they disagree with, a lot of people like to troll.  This is a simple concept, I don't understand why it's so difficult to grasp.

OK you guys don't believe me that I am an OG, so I wrote a little rap verse for yo all, check this out;

You may say I'm a troll like MR Trollala that lame Russian Youtube singer, it aint no lie that I spit verses like curses show you how worser then worst gets, cause a thug like me got lost in the infinite earths, Gather winds from four corners like four horsemen, call me Ric Flair cause I'm a legend in this game a true player, call me Sid Vicious, cry babies use tissues, I'm a lyrical genius, all scientific like Tom Bishop, You can't come back at me with your weak ass raps, I bust caps like Scarface and leave police without a case, no trace no evidence just blood stains on the snow cause I come from the Go, Chi Town ILLA the middle of the map for sure.
No this is not true at all. I'm a rapper I opened up for Three Six Mafia and Bone Thugs few times. I like to have fun and goof around a little bit on this forum, but I have no plot or no plan.
Can we pretty please make the thread about this?  Please?

Although I'm sorry, that verse was pretty weak.  It was alright, but nothing more.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:56:34 PM by Supertails »
Recently listened to:

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2011, 02:46:05 PM »

That is quite a stance, to state that you do not believe anything.

Why is that?

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

silver

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
I decided to join here first off because I find the FET hilarious, and second off because I love arguing with people and this seems to be a place meant for that purpose.

I do, however, mean no disrespect towards the FEr's. No matter how retarded or ludicrous I find their theories, they are still entitled to their own opinion about the subject. As I am entitled to do my best to convince them otherwise. This is what I like. I also join religious debates whereever I find them. There are interesting parallels to the FES, as in they are both excellent examples of denialism taken to the extreme.

?

Puttah

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
Why is that?
Because he thinks that all RE'ers are puppets and just choose to believe in the RET simply because it was taught to us in schools and we'll never question the undying word of other RE scientists. He thinks we're all believers, and not able to conduct experiments and come to logical conclusions from the results for ourselves.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:52 PM »

Why is that?

Because it's impossible to know everything about all of the things you encounter and rely upon in life?

?

Puttah

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2011, 12:45:49 AM »

Why is that?

Because it's impossible to know everything about all of the things you encounter and rely upon in life?
So because he doesn't know everything about the world around him, he needs to believe in things? This is the road a religious man takes, we're not all religious.
Scepti, this idiocy needs to stop and it needs to stop right now. You are making a mockery of this fine forum with your poor trolling. You are a complete disgrace.

Vindictus

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2011, 02:59:49 AM »
So because he doesn't know everything about the world around him, he needs to believe in things? This is the road a religious man takes, we're not all religious.

Believing the sun is made of hydrogen is not the same as believing in a God.

?

Puttah

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2011, 04:23:17 AM »

Believing the sun is made of hydrogen is not the same as believing in a God.
You obviously haven't ever studied anything remotely considered a science. It doesn't take belief to know the sun is composed of hydrogen.

And what are you getting at anyway? You don't need belief in science. If you come up with a hypothesis, you aren't believing it's true and start moulding theories around what is observed as fact in order to keep your hypothesis alive. FE'ers do exactly this, but it'll obviously be denied to no end.

Vindictus

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2011, 11:42:54 AM »

You obviously haven't ever studied anything remotely considered a science. It doesn't take belief to know the sun is composed of hydrogen.

And what are you getting at anyway? You don't need belief in science. If you come up with a hypothesis, you aren't believing it's true and start moulding theories around what is observed as fact in order to keep your hypothesis alive. FE'ers do exactly this, but it'll obviously be denied to no end.

This is a semantics argument.

Whether you have evidence of a belief or not is irrelevant as to whether you believe it or not.

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »

Why is that?

Absolutely, but thats no excuse to just go "believing" things, thats lazy.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2011, 01:18:02 PM »
You obviously haven't ever studied anything remotely considered a science. It doesn't take belief...

I am going to stop you there, because science actually is based on faith. So actually, it does require belief.

l2epistomology
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:19:42 PM by EnglshGentleman »

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
You obviously haven't ever studied anything remotely considered a science. It doesn't take belief...

I am going to stop you there, because science actually is based on faith. So actually, it does require belief.

l2epistomology
  some believe there is a god. i know there is a sun ....no belief or faith needed thanks though

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »

l2epistomology
some believe there is a god. i know there is a sun ....no belief or faith needed thanks though

How do you know the sun is there? It takes it's light several minutes to reach us (in the RE model). You are merely assuming that it is still there.

You are taking it on faith that it is still going to be there.

This has nothing to do with belief in God.

IOA

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »

l2epistomology

How do you know the sun is there? It takes it's light several minutes to reach us (in the RE model). You are merely assuming that it is still there.

You are taking it on faith that it is still going to be there.

This has nothing to do with belief in God.
That's retarded. Only intense schools of thought challenge things so blatantly obvious. Take my door-causality experiment for example: How do you know slamming a door causes a sound? You absolutely don't, but who the hell challenges something so obvious?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »
That's retarded. Only intense schools of thought challenge things so blatantly obvious. Take my door-causality experiment for example: How do you know slamming a door causes a sound? You absolutely don't, but who the hell challenges something so obvious?

Thank you for agreeing with me that you don't know.

People challenge this to point out that it is invalid to try to undermine a "faith" based argument saying that it needs to be more "scientific" which was what I was stating in response to a person that was doing just this.

Also, this is basic epistomology, not an "intense school of thought".

IOA

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2011, 02:45:40 PM »
Okay, looks like you want to play the epistemology game. How do you know anything?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »
Okay, looks like you want to play the epistemology game.

When did I state this?

I was thanking you for conceding the epistemological point.

IOA

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »
How would I know whether you've stated it?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2011, 02:59:58 PM »
How would I know whether you've stated it?

You tell me. You are the one that claimed I did.

IOA

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2011, 03:09:33 PM »
Did I? How can anyone possibly know for sure?

Also, how do I know what knowing is, or how it works?

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »
Did I? How can anyone possibly know for sure?

I cannot speak for how I can tell in the future, but I can tell at this very moment by looking at your post.

IOA

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2011, 06:39:52 PM »
Are you sure your monitor isn't conveniently displaying the wrong colours, as to show my text to be something different from what I entered?

?

Puttah

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »
Are you sure your monitor isn't conveniently displaying the wrong colours, as to show my text to be something different from what I entered?

My mate which studies psychology often brings up "out of the box" ideas for discussion. It usually ends with these kinds of comments which pisses me off to no end.

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »

I don't know what colours are.

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2011, 05:17:02 AM »

I don't know what colours are.
It is Canadian for colors.
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.