Evolution didn't happen

• 1539 Replies

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: Evolution didn't happen
« Reply #1500 on: April 26, 2010, 06:39:58 PM »
Monogamous animals are proof evolution never happened.

Not at all, monogamy is in fact a very useful tool as it provides the female with a male that will help her raise the babies increasing the likelihood they will survive. Yet most males even in monogamous relationships will cheat if there is any second male advantage at all. (meaning if the second male to mate with a female is more likely to fertilize the egg, this is quite a common theme.) DNA testing has revealed that in many populations of so called "monogamous" birds the chicks are fathered by males from other ponds.

I also thought monogamy was one of the things that set us apart from animals. Which is it wardogg?

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #1501 on: April 27, 2010, 04:44:29 AM »

Not at all, monogamy is in fact a very useful tool as it provides the female with a male that will help her raise the babies increasing the likelihood they will survive. Yet most males even in monogamous relationships will cheat if there is any second male advantage at all. (meaning if the second male to mate with a female is more likely to fertilize the egg, this is quite a common theme.) DNA testing has revealed that in many populations of so called "monogamous" birds the chicks are fathered by males from other ponds.

I also thought monogamy was one of the things that set us apart from animals. Which is it wardogg?

I dont think Ive ever said that.  Ive always known that the swan was mostly monogamous.  Spreading the dominant seed to as many females is much more beneficial.  Why would the evolutionary process make a complete left turn from that?  The animals dont make a conscious decision to do that.  So nature had to help it along....and make it hard wired into their brains.  The question is why?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1502 on: April 27, 2010, 04:54:31 AM »

I dont think Ive ever said that.  Ive always known that the swan was mostly monogamous.  Spreading the dominant seed to as many females is much more beneficial.  Why would the evolutionary process make a complete left turn from that?  The animals dont make a conscious decision to do that.  So nature had to help it along....and make it hard wired into their brains.  The question is why?

Long Answer: The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins

Short Answer: Altruism improves survival.

Alternative Answer: If we evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys? loooool noob darwinist.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1503 on: April 27, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »

Yes each of their brains is hardwired by their genes. The ones that were monogamous were able to form bonds and help each other raise the babies increasing their fitness.

Now any male that also had a brain wired to fly off to other ponds and mate with other females had the advantage of having multiple broods of offspring meaning a cheating gene was quite beneficial.

Yes swans are monogamous, except when they cheat on each other.

(Cheating also helps the female if she finds an already taken male that is better fit to survive than her husband.)

Thank you for providing this excellent example of a clear contradiction in behavior that happens to be beneficial.

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #1504 on: April 27, 2010, 01:28:30 PM »

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #1505 on: April 27, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »
Just in case it got missed:

The absence of laser tigers disproves Creationism.

It was addressed both times. Troll harder.

?

Mykael

• Professor of the Horrible Sciences
« Reply #1506 on: April 27, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »
Just in case it got missed:

The absence of laser tigers disproves Creationism.

It was addressed both times. Troll harder.
Isn't trolling the entire point of this thread?

« Reply #1507 on: April 27, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »
"So now we know. Pigs are horses. Girls are boys. War is peace." -Arundhati Roy

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1508 on: April 29, 2010, 04:08:47 PM »
Plasmodium leads to the conclusion that evolution=BS.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1509 on: April 30, 2010, 09:50:47 AM »
Plasmodium leads to the conclusion that evolution=BS.

The defense mechanism against it in humans proves evolution=likely.

Being heterozygous for the sickle cell mutation means you can't get malaria. The sickle cell mutation is only common in people who have ancestors in regions where malaria was a problem.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1510 on: April 30, 2010, 12:03:45 PM »
[Heterozygous sickle cell traits are no longer protecting people from malaria like they used to.]

With plasmodium it is important to realize the life cycle and the effects it has on human hosts.
When escaping from conquered host cells such as erythrocytes, the body is overwhelmed by the sheer amount of plasmodium haploid cells and their widespread, numerous mutations.
This happens at unpredictable, sudden times and a result of this, is a patient's tendency to experience a sudden onslaught of symptoms in isolated waves.
One common symptom is a state of deliriuum.

The disgraceful naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace contracted malaria himself in the middle to late 1850s. He became very weak with a bout of delirium, and it was during this time that he wrote a paper arguing the same points of natural selection. He then wrote to Darwin describing his ideas. Darwin was in fact, reading the spoutings of a man mentally unstable. It was a paper written in a state of delirium!  Darwin already had a 20 year delay in his own publication and he only finished up due to receiving the ramblings of a demented man that agreed with him. Let us not forget this is from the same naturalist who tried to prove the Earth round.

Clearly from history that evolution was never a serious theory to begin with. The only reason it exists today is because of the crazy ideas of man battling a bout of delirium.

I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

« Reply #1511 on: April 30, 2010, 12:17:59 PM »
It was a paper written in a state of delirium!
You're really going with that fallacy?  The mental state a person is in when they make a claim has no bearing on the factualness of the claim.  A drunken man could say "the grass is green" and that wouldn't make it any less true.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1512 on: April 30, 2010, 12:19:46 PM »
It was a paper written in a state of delirium!
You're really going with that fallacy?  The mental state a person is in when they make a claim has no bearing on the factualness of the claim.  A drunken man could say "the grass is green" and that wouldn't make it any less true.
I would favor the thousands of papers written that dispute the claims of a crazy/mentally unstable man any day.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1513 on: April 30, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »
[Heterozygous sickle cell traits are no longer protecting people from malaria like they used to.]

With plasmodium it is important to realize the life cycle and the effects it has on human hosts.
When escaping from conquered host cells such as erythrocytes, the body is overwhelmed by the sheer amount of plasmodium haploid cells and their widespread, numerous mutations.
This happens at unpredictable, sudden times and a result of this, is a patient's tendency to experience a sudden onslaught of symptoms in isolated waves.

The disgraceful naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace contracted malaria himself in the middle to late 1850s. He became very weak with a bout of delirium, and it was during this time that he wrote a paper arguing the same points of natural selection. He then wrote to Darwin describing his ideas. Darwin was in fact, reading the spoutings of a man mentally unstable. It was a paper written in a state of delirium!  Darwin already had a 20 year delay in his own publication and he only finished up due to receiving the ramblings of a demented man that agreed with him. Let us not forget this is from the same naturalist who tried to prove the Earth round.

Clearly from history that evolution was never a serious theory to begin with. The only reason it exists today is because of the crazy ideas of man battling a bout of delirium.

Uh, darwin came to the conclusions for origin of species while traveling on the Beagle. He spent those 20 years meticulously finding examples and studies to back up every single point in his book. Another biologist published a similar theory at the same time, but Darwin's thorough documentation and extensive knowledge on the subject got him credited with the discovery.

As for a delirious man giving him the idea, that is irrelevant to the idea itself and an ad hominem attack at best.

If heterozygous protection from malaria is disappearing that is likely malaria adapting to its new environment, ie the human body.

From now on either stick to debating the theory not the author of the theory or stick to the lower realms of debate.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1514 on: April 30, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »

Uh, darwin came to the conclusions for origin of species while traveling on the Beagle. He spent those 20 years meticulously finding examples and studies to back up every single point in his book. Another biologist published a similar theory at the same time, but Darwin's thorough documentation and extensive knowledge on the subject got him credited with the discovery.

As for a delirious man giving him the idea, that is irrelevant to the idea itself and an ad hominem attack at best.

If heterozygous protection from malaria is disappearing that is likely malaria adapting to its new environment, ie the human body.

From now on either stick to debating the theory not the author of the theory or stick to the lower realms of debate.
Actually he wouldn't have published it at the time if it wasn't for Wallace.
Also, the state of the human host is irrelevant to plasmodium. What matters is the state of its mosquito host.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1515 on: April 30, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »

Actually he wouldn't have published it at the time if it wasn't for Wallace.
Also, the state of the human host is irrelevant to plasmodium. What matters is the state of its mosquito host.

Could you please make your first statement relative to something we are discussing? A motivation to finish your research early is irrelevant especially after 20 years of having made your conclusion.

As for your second statement, I thought evolution didn't happen, the environment of neither host should matter according to your previous statements. Darwin's "Origin of species" was about animals adapting to their environment.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1516 on: April 30, 2010, 03:19:38 PM »
The reason malaria is almost unheard of in the U.S.A. is because of the man-made alterations to the female mosquito and it's age. By lowering the amount of days a female can live by a small amount, scientists were able to make it so that the female died before the diploid stage of plasmodium and reproduction completed in the stomach lining.

In other parts of the world, the mosqiutos are still able to reach the 26/28d age barrier and thus plasmodium can complete it's cycle.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1517 on: April 30, 2010, 03:21:20 PM »
The reason malaria is almost unheard of in the U.S.A. is because of the man-made alterations to the female mosquito and it's age. By lowering the amount of days a female can live by a small amount, scientists were able to make it so that the female died before the diploid stage of plasmodium and reproduction completed in the stomach lining.

In other parts of the world, the mosqiutos are still able to reach the 26/28d age barrier and thus plasmodium can complete it's cycle.

Thank you for this irrelevant statement?

We were talking about heterozygotic defense within a human against plasmodium, not its life cycle or why it isn't common in the U.S.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1518 on: April 30, 2010, 03:22:38 PM »
It isn't irrelevant.
As for your second statement, I thought evolution didn't happen, the environment of neither host should matter according to your previous statements. Darwin's "Origin of species" was about animals adapting to their environment.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1519 on: April 30, 2010, 03:24:28 PM »
It isn't irrelevant.

And what does that have to do with heterozygous defense in humans not functioning any longer?

Again, your statement was off topic.

« Reply #1520 on: April 30, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »
I would favor the thousands of papers written that dispute the claims of a crazy/mentally unstable man any day.

You honestly seem to not understand the fallacy.  Your comment if the equivalent to saying "Einstein got drunk once and came up with the theories of relativity, therefore the theories of relativity are wrong."  The mental state a person is in when they make a claim has absolutely no bearing on whether or not their claim is true.  The facts speak for themselves.  Debate the argument, not the person.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1521 on: April 30, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
It isn't irrelevant. I'm talking about evolution. How hosts are involved is a part of the topic.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1522 on: April 30, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »

You honestly seem to not understand the fallacy.  Your comment if the equivalent to saying "Einstein got drunk once and came up with the theories of relativity, therefore the theories of relativity are wrong."  The mental state a person is in when they make a claim has absolutely no bearing on whether or not their claim is true.  The facts speak for themselves.  Debate the argument, not the person.

No, his actual argument is "I can make a fallacious argument and get people to respond" and I actually just like to argue.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1523 on: April 30, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
It isn't irrelevant. I'm talking about evolution. How hosts are involved is a part of the topic.

And completely irrelevant to anything we've said.

Ichi, this is below you. Either stay on fucking topic or make sense.

Can I get a mod in here to start removing his posts if he keeps this garbage up?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #1524 on: April 30, 2010, 03:36:01 PM »
You said plasmodium it adapting to the human body. Example- people with sickle cell traits (hetero)
My point was that the vertebrate host of plasmodium is irrelevant to the survival of the species. The mosquito however, is what matters. If evolution were correct, the ability to infect sickle cell individuals is irrelevant to plasmodium.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1525 on: April 30, 2010, 09:48:35 PM »
You said plasmodium it adapting to the human body. Example- people with sickle cell traits (hetero)
My point was that the vertebrate host of plasmodium is irrelevant to the survival of the species. The mosquito however, is what matters. If evolution were correct, the ability to infect sickle cell individuals is irrelevant to plasmodium.

You only showed that the mosquito host is important, not that the human host is unimportant.

Therefore irrelevant.

It is also irrelevant because we were talking about humans surviving plasmodium, not plasmodium surviving in a mosquito.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1526 on: May 01, 2010, 12:59:26 AM »
It was my understanding that Wallace, while under the delusion's of high fever, had an epiphany.  It wasn't until later, after his fever passed, that he wrote down his ideas.  It wasn't that he did his work under the pressures of illness, it was that the idea came to him at that time of duress.

« Reply #1527 on: May 01, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »
As soon as he said "Let us not forget this is from the same naturalist who tried to prove the Earth round" I stopped reading.
"So now we know. Pigs are horses. Girls are boys. War is peace." -Arundhati Roy

SupahLovah

• Santasaurus Rex!
« Reply #1528 on: May 05, 2010, 11:14:06 AM »
Darwin had a great point following the Beagle, though.

Tracing purebred dogs back is fairly easy, and you can see how traits can be changed over time from one generation to the next to the next through choosing the dogs you want to breed.

Evolution just says instead of people selecting the breeding partners, over a large period of time the ones with the traits to survive will be more likely to breed, thus influencing the traits of their offspring.

I don't see what it's that hard to understand.
"Study Gravitation; It's a field with a lot of potential!"

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1529 on: May 05, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »
Darwin had a great point following the Beagle, though.

Tracing purebred dogs back is fairly easy, and you can see how traits can be changed over time from one generation to the next to the next through choosing the dogs you want to breed.

Evolution just says instead of people selecting the breeding partners, over a large period of time the ones with the traits to survive will be more likely to breed, thus influencing the traits of their offspring.

I don't see what it's that hard to understand.

0/10