« on: April 10, 2007, 11:00:06 PM »
Where's Antarctica?

?

akira

• Round Earth Proponent
Re: FE map..?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 11:02:13 PM »
Their map is flawed 100%.
GPS does not require satellites, fortunately it uses it.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 11:07:38 PM »
They don't have a map.  They have a drawing.  A sketch of what a flat earth might look like.  It's like something out of the fucking Lord of the Rings.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

omgcitrus

• Philosophy is life
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 11:13:17 PM »
Right, their drawing. I'm definetely not saying I believe it. I'm asking them, where's Antarctica? Because I couldn't see it.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 03:44:14 AM »
Antarctica is the ice wall.  Had you read the FAQ you would already know this, but alas, nobody reads the FAQ anymore.

Here is the map:

And here is a rendered version of our world:

?

omgcitrus

• Philosophy is life
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 04:12:42 AM »
Antarctica is the ice wall.  Had you read the FAQ you would already know this, but alas, nobody reads the FAQ anymore.

OH I READ IT.

After I posted this.

The problem is lady (and yeah I know you're a dude. I choose to call you lady out of spite), people have gone to Antarctica and I believe some people actually live there. They could all work for the government and its conspiracy, however, as I've sad before, in order to prove that why don't one or all of you FEs go there and see the ice wall? Take a few pics. And if the government erases your memory, at least you'd have tried.
Thing is, you haven't tried.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:05:09 AM by Tom Bishop »

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »
The problem is lady (and yeah I know you're a dude. I choose to call you lady out of spite), people have gone to Antarctica and I believe some people actually live there.

There's a difference between simply going to the Ice Wall for a day trip and circumnavigating the entire Ice Wall on an exploratory expedition.

They could all work for the government and its conspiracy, however, as I've sad before, in order to prove that why don't one or all of you FEs go there and see the ice wall? Take a few pics.

There are plenty pictures of the Ice Wall. Just do a Google Image Search for "Antarctica."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:08:04 AM by Tom Bishop »

?

silverhammermba

• Anger makes me debate. Debating makes me angry.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 02:15:11 PM »
One thing that's always confused me about your map of the FE is the proportions. If it were as you say it is, then the government conspiracy wouldn't simply be guarding the ice wall, they'd have to guard pretty much anything below the tropic of Capricorn. Look at the distance between the southern tip of South America and Africa! It's huge! That's easily three times the distance from the Eat Coast of the US to Europe. Unfortunately for you FE'ers, commerce and transportation occur in both the upper and lower hemispheres of the Earth - how can you explain away such dramatic differences in distance?

Oh and, I already posted a similar question and never received a legitimate answer
Quote from: Kasroa
Tom usually says at this point that people have seen the ice-wall. It is the Ross Ice Shelf. That usually kills the conversation by the power of sheer bull-shit alone.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »
Or better yet, look at their asinine FE map and compare South America to Australia. In statute miles, Sydney and Buenos Aires are 7330 miles apart. That would mean their whole map is off. But, then again, why should they have to prove anything, since they got this whole FE theory straight from some crazy hermit religo's ass.
Best SNL skit ever: " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

I predict Michale Crichton's next book will be based on the Flat Earth Society.

?

silverhammermba

• Anger makes me debate. Debating makes me angry.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 07:45:49 PM »
I await an honest response from an FE'er.
Quote from: Kasroa
Tom usually says at this point that people have seen the ice-wall. It is the Ross Ice Shelf. That usually kills the conversation by the power of sheer bull-shit alone.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 11:23:20 AM »
Plenty of ships have travelled all around Antarctica, which proves that it's not surrounding the rim of a flat earth.  So where is the Rim, the Edge, the Dropping-Off point?  It should be in every direction if you go far enough.  This is the Big Failing in FE propaganda.  Show us the Edge and make believers out of all of us.

And as soon as we locate the Edge a good many of us will be adventurous enough to want to explore over the side, to see if there are other forms of life, maybe even other forms of intelligent life, on the sides (and let's not forget Side B of the flat planet).

N30

• I can only show you the door.
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 11:32:33 AM »
commerce and transportation occur in both the upper and lower hemispheres of the Earth

Do you speak of the government controlled shipping lanes and flight patterns?

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 01:25:55 PM »
You're quoting someone from 2007. Who hasn't been active since '09.
Do you really expect an answer from him?

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 06:04:58 PM »
Antarctica is in every direction planar normal to the surface of the earth.

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 07:38:15 PM »
According to the flat earth model, during summer, there would be night and day as the sun made its circuit. But reports of 24 hour daylight, as in the Arctic,  say otherwise. How is this possible?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »
1) What does "planar normal to the surface of the earth" mean?

2) Please show independent (of you) of your claim that "Antarctica is in every direction planar normal to the surface of the earth" containing those words!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 01:38:36 AM »
The earth is flat but FE map is not completely true.

The official FE map is a perception study aims to opposite control and move them to wrong way. We real FE'rs still working for a true one.

we dive under the water like crocodiles. We'll suddenly exit on water and will smash to rounders and collaborators traitors.  :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 02:56:44 AM »
There are plenty people "working" on the map, but so far noone has provided anything reliable. Why's that?

Well, it's impossible to map a globe onto plane surface without distortion, so sich (flat) kind of map won't ever be created.
And if you ask why maps are made on flat paper, it's because they're more practical, resistant and mobile.

There are only two distinct (up to translation) normal vectors to the planar surface. "Up" (aiming the space) and "Down" (aiming through the Earth).

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 09:01:39 AM »
Any sort of evidence at all of this?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 09:52:19 AM »
If we are going to be realistic about this there is never going to be an "accurate flat earth map."
Because the earth is not a flat disc.
Because the only "flat earth maps" that the flat earthers have produced are simply projections of the globe such as the mercator, unipolar and bipolar projections which have distortions.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 10:31:25 AM »
Any sort of evidence at all of this?

Again, if we are going to be realistic about this. Antarctica has been surveyed and mapped and there is evidence that the size  and shape are reasonably accurate. The only reply from flat earhers is their denial of reality.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

N30

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 12:01:52 PM »
Antarctica has been surveyed and mapped and there is evidence that the size  and shape are reasonably accurate.

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 02:17:50 PM »
What about the cruises that go around it, and don't take astronomically long tomes to do so?
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 02:40:41 PM »
Antarctica has been surveyed and mapped and there is evidence that the size  and shape are reasonably accurate.

Ok, prove it

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 11:43:29 PM »

Just fixing the quote you deceptively emphasised!
Is it built into you nature to be as deceptive as possible?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 01:21:13 PM »

That's a misquote. He was actually saying "Laser" with the air quotes.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 01:44:05 PM »

That's a misquote. He was actually saying "Laser" with the air quotes.
Don't you mean that
As in almost every post, N30 is still misquoting!
He has to be constantly monitored.

N30

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 02:57:27 PM »
Forget the politicians.
The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice.
You don't.
You have no choice.
You have owners.
They own you.
They own everything.
They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations that've long since bought and paid for, the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pocket, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and the information you get to hear.
They got you by the balls.
They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want.
Well, we know what they want.
They want more for themselves and less for everybody else.
But I'll tell you what they don't want.
They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking.
They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking.
They're not interested in that.
That doesn't help them."

-George Carlin

Wake up, Earth is flat.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 04:37:28 PM »
You can't make a map using science and math. You can't make a map getting in a rocket and flying away.

You can make a map with normal travel, observation, paper and pen.  Those that have traveled extensively by land and sea observing the Earth know this to be true.

With proper use of travel, grids, time and money the mapping of the Disc will be completed.

It's hardly worth debunking the globe once again.  It's just too easy and has been done too many times in the past.  People who say the Earth is round because they own a globe must be kidding, but they are not kidding everyone.

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 06:23:09 PM »
You can't make a map using science and math. You can't make a map getting in a rocket and flying away.

You can make a map with normal travel, observation, paper and pen.  Those that have traveled extensively by land and sea observing the Earth know this to be true.

With proper use of travel, grids, time and money the mapping of the Disc will be completed.

It's hardly worth debunking the globe once again.  It's just too easy and has been done too many times in the past.  People who say the Earth is round because they own a globe must be kidding, but they are not kidding everyone.
How come any sailor/cartographer ever has mapped the earth and found it to be consistent with a sphere?
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.