When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1920 on: September 13, 2019, 12:10:28 AM »
It is not an accurate map.

Many in the Globe community disagree with you. Learn from them and report back.

Ouch.
Looks like you got spanked again.
Probably time to jump to your next meme.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1921 on: September 13, 2019, 01:00:25 AM »
It's amazing the Mason symbol actually represents a Flat Earth. That's one of the secrets found in the Gleason map. The thieves and their kind have been exposed.
You're not one these sillies that claim that the Globe is  Freemason deception started around 300 BC.

You've lost everything you've tried so far so you now stoop to claiming it's all a conspiracy!

If you have no rational response to the replies be honest and admit that you are wrong!

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1922 on: September 13, 2019, 02:06:39 AM »
It's amazing the Mason symbol actually represents a Flat Earth. That's one of the secrets found in the Gleason map. The thieves and their kind have been exposed.

Can you see it?

The Glenson map doesn't represent known distances accurately, this fact is very easily proven.

You must gather your party before venturing forth

« Reply #1923 on: September 13, 2019, 02:39:57 AM »
hrrmmm how interesting.
looks like my lap track gym analogy proved correct.
also.
looks like teh globe community is backing me up.

keep on failing.

you realize, plata, this is a one sided fight and that i've come here to make fun of you.
but do go on.

JackBlack

« Reply #1924 on: September 13, 2019, 03:15:13 AM »
He didn’t use a computer but measured by hand
That is pure BS.
Like I said, if he was just going to measure it, then there is no need at all for all that garbage.
You measure the distance on the map, and then apply the scale (if necessary by measuring a known distance).
Doing that physically, there is no need for any calculation.
The only reason I needed to do a calculation was because I used a digital photo and worked based upon the pixels.

But either way, unless you shrink the entire scale down to make the north tiny, it gets Sydney to Santiago completely wrong.

It is not an accurate map of a flat surface.

he estimated Santiago to be at 33° Latitude
So he estimated that Santiago was 33, and Sydney was 34, and thus further south, yet drew it further north? Sure.

You have some serious intellectually dishonesty problems.  Our map is accurate and you can’t stand it! Get’s some help.
Says the one that is completely ignoring arguments that demonstrate that they are completely wrong; the one who repeatedly resorts to lies, even in the very statement that follows a complaint about intellectual dishonesty.

You don't have an accurate map. You have absolutely nothing to support a FE, and absolutely nothing to refute a RE. You are just grasping at whatever straws and throwing whatever BS you can to pretend your flat fantasy works and that the real RE isn't real.

It's in the video I posted a couple  pages back. Here is is again. I cannot easily describe it. If you really want to know LEARN ABOUT IT through the video.
A crappy 1.5 hour long video? No thanks.
If it was actually a flat map of a flat Earth, all you would need to do is measure the distance and apply the scale. If you need more complex BS then it isn't a flat map.

Watching a bit, what he is saying is saying is pure BS.
He is claiming that travelling 1 degree east or west will be 60 nautical miles, regardless of where you are.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1925 on: September 13, 2019, 04:36:32 AM »
There is no Globe, Jack!  So it's not possible for it to be Globe projection.
If there is no Globe what is that map a projection of? Read on the map itself:

Read it yourself, "ON THE PROJECTION OF J. S. CHRISTOPHER".

From long before the time of Gerardus Mercator "projection" in cartography has referred to the representation of the Globe onto a flat surface.
Quote from: Plat Terra
As time passed your guys took original established maps of Flat Earther's and made a Globe from that. Gleason corrected it through extortion, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich. It was not correct in Globe form and couldn't be anyway because it's not a damn sphere.  Your forefathers were deceitful thieves and  hijacked the established the work of flat Earther's, and made it into a sphere. That's not something to be proud of and that’s where your maps come from.  And you're still being schooled.

I'll ignore you little fairy story!

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #1926 on: September 13, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »

From long before the time of Gerardus Mercator "projection" in cartography has referred to the representation of the Globe onto a flat surface.
As time passed your guys took original established maps of Flat Earther's and made a Globe from that. Gleason corrected it through extortion, mainly in the straightening out of the meridian lines allowing each to retain their original value from Greenwich. It was not correct in Globe form and couldn't be anyway because it's not a damn sphere.  Your forefathers were deceitful thieves and  hijacked the established the work of flat Earther's, and made it into a sphere. That's not something to be proud of and that’s where your maps come from.  And you're still being schooled.

Again. Your forefathers were deceitful thieves and hijacked the established the work of flat Earther's, and imagined the maps were a projection of a sphere. That's not something to be proud of and that’s where your maps come from. There is no Globe Earth and no real projection of a sphere but you welcome to believe what ever fantasy you like.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1927 on: September 13, 2019, 03:59:49 PM »

Again. Your forefathers were deceitful thieves and hijacked the established the work of flat Earther's, and imagined the maps were a projection of a sphere. That's not something to be proud of and that’s where your maps come from. There is no Globe Earth and no real projection of a sphere but you welcome to believe what ever fantasy you like.

What is this established work of flat earthers you speak of?

« Reply #1928 on: September 13, 2019, 04:00:05 PM »

Remeber when you, plata, said the roundies had to come up with convoluted excuses to every problem?

Ya....

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #1929 on: September 13, 2019, 05:47:26 PM »
Can I first see if you can answer a simple common sense question? I need to know if I would be wasting my time.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2203303#msg2203303

See, this would be a dodge Plat.  Your "question" about a point that has already been thoroughly debunked is already a waste of time.  You can either address my points or ignore them at the risk of seeming even more ridiculous.

Addressing your simpleton's approach to solving the Sydney to Chile flight ignores the actual flight path taken, which is impossible, as I've explained before, if the Earth is a pancake.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1930 on: September 13, 2019, 06:34:35 PM »
Can I first see if you can answer a simple common sense question? I need to know if I would be wasting my time.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2203303#msg2203303

See, this would be a dodge Plat.  Your "question" about a point that has already been thoroughly debunked is already a waste of time.  You can either address my points or ignore them at the risk of seeming even more ridiculous.

Addressing your simpleton's approach to solving the Sydney to Chile flight ignores the actual flight path taken, which is impossible, as I've explained before, if the Earth is a pancake.

I have already answered the flight miles from Sydney to Santiago, Chile. Now answer my question.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:36:38 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

« Reply #1931 on: September 13, 2019, 06:48:31 PM »

Why is there a zoom of a bunch of math instead of a ruler measuring a line on top of the map?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1932 on: September 13, 2019, 06:49:25 PM »

I have already answered the flight miles from Sydney to Santiago, Chile. Now answer my question.

Actually you haven't answered the question. The guy in your vid uses globe earth coordinates transposed on a globe earth map and then doesn't actually use the map as a representation of a flat earth. So the only thing you have done is support a globe earth. Again, well done. Keep up the good work.

Gumwars

« Reply #1933 on: September 13, 2019, 07:12:18 PM »

No you didn't.  You fabricated a flight path that fits your delusion.  The actual flight path takes the aircraft by Antarctica; if you adjust your flight path to account for that, and it is still the same distance, then we can talk.
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

« Reply #1934 on: September 13, 2019, 08:16:04 PM »

If your gleasons map were a "flat earth" map, a ruler should be all you need to work out distances. Instead, the drube in your video laughably uses the maths required to work out correct distances as they are on our sphere planet.

This is comedy central!

Do you own gleason's flat earth book, plat tera? I haven't read it, but it's easy to see he tries to justify his nonsense using quotes from the bible. I mean, the bible - written by dessert dwelling scribes who didn't even know how clouds were created. That's Gleason's authority.....

« Reply #1935 on: September 13, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »
Is plata refuting how maps work?
How does plata figure traveling the distance between two points works?
Is he literally thinking that as a pilot crosses lat lines below the equator he has to quadradically adjust his speed?

« Reply #1936 on: September 13, 2019, 09:31:23 PM »
This is an individual who has been severely radicalized, that needs to prove everything to himself. If he doesn't prove it to his own satisfaction, then to him it is a deception.

What plat tera could do, is start travelling and creating a 3d map on his computer of the places he travels to, and the distance travelled. He could even do this using his gleasons world map.

The problem, is he would probably need to win the lottery to be able to afford so many trips. He could do it without winning lottery, but would take much longer.  Eventually, after he's been to enough places, his 3d model of plotted points will either continue to look like sprinkles on the top of a pancake, or it will start to resemble another shape.......

This is the standard of proof this one requires. The radicalisation is strong in this one, but with proper guidance there is still hope.....

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1937 on: September 13, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »
Is plata refuting how maps work?

Yes. I'm pretty sure he's never taken part of any modern form of transportation. Maybe he's Amish. Not there's anything wrong with that. Sometimes a simpler way of life is better.

How does plata figure traveling the distance between two points works?

So far, he has refused to answer questions like what is the distance between Miami and Boston. So I'm guessing he doesn't figure.

Is he literally thinking that as a pilot crosses lat lines below the equator he has to quadradically adjust his speed?

Apparently.

I loved how in the video the guy with the creepy surgical gloves tries to map a flight route from I think chile to australia and is showing how the plane must fly due north until it hits a latitude and like its a super highway with an on ramp, has to take a 90 degree turn and stick to the line. Pretty much the most insane demonstration I've ever seen.

Gumwars

« Reply #1938 on: September 13, 2019, 09:39:56 PM »
Yes. I'm pretty sure he's never taken part of any modern form of transportation. Maybe he's Amish. Not there's anything wrong with that. Sometimes a simpler way of life is better.

His meme skills are on point for being a Luddite!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1939 on: September 13, 2019, 09:46:10 PM »

No you didn't.
You showed a bit of a Gleason's Map (otherwise known as the North Polar Azimuthal Equdistant Projection of the Globe) that didn't even show Sydney.

Then you showed some numbers but with no hint of their source and claimed that the distance: S -> C = 11702 km.

Your "calculations" are worthless unless you show where your 6363.09 Nm came from and where you angles came from.

And especially so after I posted this:
One degree off has nothing to do with it! The distance from the North Pole to the Equator is 10,000 km so take a look at this:

You don't need to do anything but put a ruler over the distances to see that the Sydney, Australia, to Santiago, Chile, to see that your 11,702 km is total fiction!

And you wonder why the "RE Community" will never Accept Defeat ::). You have never posted any reason why they should.

« Reply #1940 on: September 13, 2019, 09:48:58 PM »
Plata must be puzzled why olympic 200m track racers dont all start in a row.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #1941 on: September 13, 2019, 09:50:12 PM »

Again. Your flat Earth society are a deceitful YouTube cult, and ignore the work of tens of thousands of highly educated people, That's not something to be proud of. There is no flat Earth and no working flat Earth map, but you welcome to believe what ever fantasy you like.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1942 on: September 14, 2019, 12:50:21 AM »
Some can’t stand the idea a Plane Earth Map was actually made and is accurate, but it’s true. They want all to believe all maps were made with a Globe in mind, but they lie and push more fantasy. If you would like to learn how to understand and use Gleason’s Flat Earth map please have a look the following video.

The Gleason's Map (1892) - The Masterpiece of a Genius | Flat Earth

I watched some that video up to 15:55 where he claimed 60 NM per degree but there he shows his lack of any knowledge of maps etc!

One degree of latitude is almost exactly 60 Nm for all latitudes on both the Globe and the A E Projection.
But quite obviously one degree of longitude cannot possibly be 60 Nm for all latitudes! Just look at the Gleason Map or the Globe!

In the Globe, one degree of longitude is almost exactly 60 Nm at the equator but nowhere else - that "mile" is more properly called the Geographic Mile but is little used.

One final point is that if the Gleason's Map is a true flat earth map then approximate distances could be measured by scaling the map.
If you can't get nearly correct distances by scaling the map it is not an accurate FE map.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1943 on: September 14, 2019, 02:00:27 PM »
The Gleason’s Map is “Scientifically and Practically Correct.” The following video proves this with verifying distance from one location to another and also verifies longitude and latitude. The video includes details on how to measure longitude, latitude and distance correctly according to the Gleason’s map.

The opposition have a big problem with our map being correct and they want it to be known as incorrect.  So, don’t believe what the professional deniers say. It is their job to lie and discredit us and the Gleason’s map in any way they can.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1944 on: September 14, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »
The Gleason’s Map is “Scientifically and Practically Correct.” The following video proves this with verifying distance from one location to another and also verifies longitude and latitude. The video includes details on how to measure longitude, latitude and distance correctly according to the Gleason’s map.

The opposition have a big problem with our map being correct and they want it to be known as incorrect.  So, don’t believe what the professional deniers say. It is their job to lie and discredit us and the Gleason’s map in any way they can.

That's great news for you. Can you now tell us the distance from SF to Boston using this method?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1945 on: September 14, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »

That's great news for you. Can you now tell us the distance from SF to Boston using this method?

Why?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1946 on: September 14, 2019, 02:48:03 PM »

Why?

Because that was asked to you several times and you never answered the question?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1947 on: September 14, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »

Why?

Because that was asked to you several times and you never answered the question?

Why was it asked?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1948 on: September 14, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »

Why?

Why was it asked?

It was asked because you were citing distances of canals and such but wouldn't reveal how you acquired those distances. You wouldn't reveal your methodology for measuring any length between points A to B.

The ultimate question is whether you are using globe earth distances or not? And because you are, that's why you refused to answer the question b/c that would make you a hypocrite.

« Reply #1949 on: September 14, 2019, 03:05:28 PM »

Yes, it's amazing how Gleason was unable to create a flat map that perfectly corresponds with a flat earth. You'd think that would be fairly easy? Flat and flat. Lol!

Instead, he creates a flat map that requires calculations to make distances correct, as they apply to our spherical planet.

Those calculations do make perfect sense, plat tera! Thank goodness Gleason found a way to deal with spherical latitude problems on his map, making the map actually useful!

Here's a tip, if earth were flat and Gleason made a map of the flat earth, you wouldn't need a calculator to work out some distances. You'd only have to know the scale of the map to calculate distances.

So, it is scientific and it is sound. And it is a projection of the globe map.

Sorry to upset you, plat tera.