When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1860 on: September 12, 2019, 07:57:30 AM »
I’ve thought the Gleason map is a moot point of sorts as it is a projection, no?

Your thoughts will not change the fact it's our flat Earth map.

Do you think it's a accurate Map?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:02:21 AM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

rvlvr

« Reply #1861 on: September 12, 2019, 08:02:54 AM »
I’ve thought the Gleason map is a moot point of sorts as it is a projection, no?

I’ve understood it can be used in showing several things, but not at all sure if it is valid for everything. So I guess it can be considered accurate in a way, yes.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1862 on: September 12, 2019, 08:08:22 AM »

I’ve understood it can be used in showing several things, but not at all sure if it is valid for everything. So I guess it can be considered accurate in a way, yes.

How accurate in %?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

« Reply #1863 on: September 12, 2019, 08:13:18 AM »
Accept defeat for what? Not believing in some nonsensical theory that the earth is flat when not even one single shred of evidence has been provided? Unbelievable.
When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

Both the coastlines of Atlantic and Pacific are at 0' Sea level and both are 3,962 miles from Earths alleged center.
The distance between Oceans with the Panama Canal in-between is about 36 Miles.
The center of Panama Canal is about 18 miles from the coast on Gatun Lake and is 85’ above each Ocean shoreline.
The drop in curvature at 18 miles is 216’.  That places Earth’s curvature at 216’ (3962 miles from center of Earth) feet above each coastline at center.
That also places Gatun Lake 131’ below Earths alleged 3962 mile radius marker.
That means if Earth were a Globe, the Panama Canal could not exist because Gatun Lake would be under 131’ of sea water at 18 miles from the Coast. The Canal exists because water does not curve.

It’s that simple, we won. We really never lost. Earth Remains a flat Plane with mountains, hills and valleys and sea level bodies of water.

But the real question is, when is the Globe community going to accept defeat?

NASA can't help them, fake pictures and fake moon landings cannot rescue them. 

No argument they have is going to magically make the oceans curve and flood the Panama Canal, no matter what they say or do.  It’s not going to happen.  After reading this if one continues to defend a Globe Earth theory, they are just professional deniers who really don’t care for truth.

rvlvr

« Reply #1864 on: September 12, 2019, 08:14:16 AM »
100% or so in showing correct distances from the center point? (Not sure what the acceptable margin of error is in maps.)

« Reply #1865 on: September 12, 2019, 08:23:44 AM »
It is not an accurate map.

rvlvr

« Reply #1866 on: September 12, 2019, 08:51:45 AM »
Well, at least I doubt there is an ice wall there. Penguins are, though.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1867 on: September 12, 2019, 09:08:32 AM »

Many in the Globe community disagree with you. Learn from them and report back.

« Reply #1868 on: September 12, 2019, 09:56:36 AM »
Lets try a thought experiment.
If we were in a two storey gym with an indoor track with glass floor.
Me on the upper (northern hemisphere).
You on lower (southern hemisphere).
We run at same speed and same lane around the track.
Rvlr is standing on roof lookibg down.
He sees only me because you are perfectly shadowing underneath me.
The only way for him to see you then is for you to move to an outter lane.
But you have to maintain my lap rate (not speed).
Now would you say it is accurate statement that you are running the same speed as me?

Since you are not smart, I will tell you the answer is no.
Your flat map projection balloons out the sothern hemisphere so that it can be visible as a flat projection.
Whcih is what everyone keeps telking you and you keep not understanding.
Antartica is not a giant ring surrounding the known world.
It is a "small" island that can be easily navigated around.

Keep on failing.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1869 on: September 12, 2019, 10:24:33 AM »
Now would you say it is accurate statement that you are running the same speed as me?

Your flat map projection balloons out the sothern hemisphere so that it can be visible as a flat projection.

Keep on failing.

None of what you said changes the fact many in the Globe community still disagree with you. Again, learn from them and report back.

?

frenat

« Reply #1870 on: September 12, 2019, 10:28:40 AM »
Because Plat Terra is too scared to post his arguments here

You could if the football field had the same contrast with everything around it that the ISS has when lit up in space.

Plus, these guys measured the altitude of the ISS using a method anyone can try for themselves. They found it to be about 400 km up.

and haven't you posted this one before? Run out of arguments to get shot down or did you just forget?  On to the next gish gallop?

« Reply #1871 on: September 12, 2019, 10:55:54 AM »

Keep on failing.

None of what you said changes the fact many in the Globe community still disagree with you. Again, learn from them and report back.

And what do they disagree on?
You must be a true disciple of TomB.
Cherry picking responses and holding on ever so tightly to the generated false premise.

« Reply #1872 on: September 12, 2019, 10:58:55 AM »
Pkata likes youtubes so much.
Guess what.
The horizontal map isnt accurate either.

Define accurate.

Oh wait.
You can barely use units of measure.
Ill leave it be.

« Reply #1873 on: September 12, 2019, 11:00:11 AM »
And none of your memes negate the earth being a ball.

rvlvr

« Reply #1874 on: September 12, 2019, 11:11:50 AM »
There have been two funny ones!

Plat Terra

« Reply #1875 on: September 12, 2019, 11:15:52 AM »

You could if the football field had the same contrast with everything around it that the ISS has when lit up in space.

Plus, these guys measured the altitude of the ISS using a method anyone can try for themselves. They found it to be about 400 km up.

and haven't you posted this one before? Run out of arguments to get shot down or did you just forget?  On to the next gish gallop?

It' looks like you posted it here.

Please take the second picture, draw a box the size of a football field to scale in relation to the size of Florida in the picture and as viewed from the alleged ISS. Let's really see if you can see it with the naked eye.

?

frenat

« Reply #1876 on: September 12, 2019, 11:22:42 AM »

Duh. Again because you're too scared to post your arguments in the thread they're being discussed. But IIRC this isn't the first time you've had this particular argument.

Please take the second picture, draw a box the size of a football field to scale in relation to the size of Florida in the picture and as viewed from the alleged ISS. Let's really see if you can see it with the naked eye.

What part of CONTRAST do you not understand? But thanks for showing that you didn't actually read my post. By the way, the videos I post prove it IS actually 400 kms up there. I'm betting you didn't bother to watch those either. Time for the next gish gallop?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1877 on: September 12, 2019, 12:21:20 PM »

I don't know about an American Football field, but you can see a soccer pitch from space so I don't know what your point is with this meme.

"The images were captured with DigitalGlobe satellites WorldView-3 and WorldView-4 at true 30 cm spatial resolution – the highest resolution currently commercially available. This allows football fans a unique view of where the 64 games that will decide this summer’s World Cup will be played."

Plat Terra

« Reply #1878 on: September 12, 2019, 12:42:47 PM »

I don't know about an American Football field, but you can see a soccer pitch from space so I don't know what your point is with this meme.

"The images were captured with DigitalGlobe satellites WorldView-3 and WorldView-4 at true 30 cm spatial resolution – the highest resolution currently commercially available. This allows football fans a unique view of where the 64 games that will decide this summer’s World Cup will be played."

What do you not understand about the meaning "Naked eye?"

« Reply #1879 on: September 12, 2019, 12:46:42 PM »
What do you not understand "projection"?
Well it seems plata has mpved on again.
Attention span of a 2yo or blatant dodge dodge swish swish.
Get a straighter answer from a politician during campainge debates.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1880 on: September 12, 2019, 01:16:51 PM »

Your meme says nothing about the "Naked eye". Additionally the image you have of the ISS is not what anyone would or claim to see with the naked eye. I can see the ISS in space, as well I can see images of football fields taken from space. So, all in all, your meme is pointless.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #1881 on: September 12, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »

What are you afraid of??

Download an app. You DO have a smartphone, right?

There are many apps that will direct you to the exact time and direction to look. You can see for yourself.

You will see the reflection of THE SUN, on the massive solar panels.

Of course, with the naked eye, you will not see the ISS without the reflected sunlight, but you CAN with the proper optics, in great detail, in fact!

What are you afraid of, Plat?

Why are you afraid?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

?

frenat

« Reply #1882 on: September 12, 2019, 02:22:25 PM »
Another fail from Plat Terra on the meme thread

Plat needs to look into the difference between a solar day and a sidereal day. The Earth actually turns 360 degrees in 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds. That is a sidereal day, relative to the stars. But in that time it has gone a little bit around the Sun and it takes the full 24 hours to turn enough to face the Sun again. That difference over 6 months adds up to about 12 hours. So there is no problem except yet more proof that Plat Terra doesn't understand the subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_time
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/S/Sidereal+Day
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/SiderealDay.html

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 02:33:39 PM by frenat »

JackBlack

« Reply #1883 on: September 12, 2019, 02:50:09 PM »
Gleason MAP, miles from Sydney, Australia to Santiago.
And just what are all those numbers meant to be?
It is quite easy to just post a bunch of numbers with no explanations and just magically have it work.

For example, you can just pick an arbitrary scale to force it to work.
You also seem to have cut off a very large section of it. Is that because it shows what you need to have it work rather than reality?

From the angle shown of 21.25 degrees, it seems like they are trying to use almost correct math, but they have a few major flaws. First, that angle isn't correct. It should be 20.94 degrees.
More importantly, Sydney is further south than Santiago, yet they show it to the north.

And even more importantly, if this map was accurate, you wouldn't need to do this math at all. Instead all you would need to do is measure the distance on the map and use a scale to convert it.

Lets see what we get when using this:
https://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/search/commonwealth:7h149v85z
Note: I downloaded the master (full resolution, uncompressed).
Sydney has a position of (1295, 2802).
Santiago has a position of (2776, 4572).
This means they are 2308 px apart.

Now I would like to just go down and use the scale, but they don't have a scale as it isn't a flat map so the scale would be useless. So instead I will use the distance from the equator to the north pole, which is a distance of 5400 nautical miles.
The north pole has a y coordinate of 3407, the equator at its lowest is 4307. That makes 5400 nautical miles equate to 900 px.
That means 1 px is 6 nautical miles.
That means the distance between Sydney and Santiago, based upon the false claim of this being a flat map of a flat Earth is 13836 nautical miles.
That is 25624 km, nothing like reality.

So you still have big problems.
Now we can instead lie and force this distance to be correct.
To get your quoted 6319 nautical miles, all we need to do is reduce the scale, by a factor of roughly 2, closer to 2.19.
So if we pretend that 1 px is only 2.74 nautical miles then we get the distance to be 6324 nautical miles, close enough to the real value to pretend it is fine. The problem is that this changes the scale everywhere. That means the distance between the north pole and the equator shrinks to a tiny 2466 nautical miles, completely defying the original definition of a nautical mile, that of 1 arc minute of latitude.

So no, this does not get the distance correct. You have massive problems with this map. It is another blatant lie from dishonest FEers that have no concern for the truth and just want to pretend their flat fantasy works.

Many in the Globe community disagree with you. Learn from them and report back.
As a flat map of a flat Earth it is massively inaccurate.
As a projection of the globe, with known distortions and changing scale it is accurate.

You mean something like this (note: I haven't bothered checking the scale and instead just gave the worst case scenario, based upon the limit of resolution of the camera, and remember, this is naked eye, not well resolved with binoculars):

Can you see the white dot?
I sure can.

As for doing it all properly, that is dependent upon the resolution available, and that image does not do the human eye justice. The human eye has a resolution of roughly 1 arc minute. That image has a width of 535 px. If that was the same as the human eye, then that equates to a FOV of ~9 degrees, much less than the actual FOV of humans and much less than the actual FOV of that camera.
So if you want a comparison with the naked eye, don't use such a crappy image.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:40:33 PM by JackBlack »

Plat Terra

« Reply #1884 on: September 12, 2019, 03:53:51 PM »

Plat needs to look into the difference between a solar day and a sidereal day. The Earth actually turns 360 degrees in 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds. That is a sidereal day, relative to the stars. But in that time it has gone a little bit around the Sun and it takes the full 24 hours to turn enough to face the Sun again. That difference over 6 months adds up to about 12 hours. So there is no problem except yet more proof that Plat Terra doesn't understand the subject.

I do understand that every time there is a problem with your theory, you guys have to make up more convoluted crap to protect your already beloved convoluted theory.

A sidereal time is irrelevant to the movement of the Sun.  If a sidereal days actually existed then we would have 366 sunrises is a 365 day year.

The Sidereal Confusion Exposed

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:11:10 PM by Plat Terra »

JackBlack

« Reply #1885 on: September 12, 2019, 04:07:57 PM »
I do understand that every time there is a problem with your theory, you guys have to make up more convoluted crap to protect your already beloved convoluted theory.
You mean we all understand that as you are completely incapable of showing any problem with the reality of a RE you need to invent a pathetic strawman and attack that instead because you know you stand no chance at attacking the real thing.

The question of the Sidereal day was raised when people were decided if we had a geocentric or heliocentric solar system/universe.
Under the simple GC system, the Earth was completely stationary with the celestial sphere taking roughly 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds to complete a revolution around Earth, with the sun tracing a path on the celestial sphere over the course of ~365.2425 days.
With a variant, the sun still traced a path on the celestial sphere, but Earth rotated instead.
With the HC system, the Earth rotates once every 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4 seconds while orbiting the sun.
And due to the eccentricity of Earth's orbit and its axial tilt, the sun doesn't even line up perfectly every 24 hours.

It isn't a problem at all. It is just you lying about how it works.

A sidereal day is irrelevant to the movement of the Sun.  If a sidereal days actually existed then we would have 366 sunrises is a 365 day year.
That is completely the wrong way around.
We have 365 sun rises in a 366 sidereal day year.
If you were on Venus it would be like that due to the opposite direction of rotation.

As Earth rotates in the same direction it orbits the sun, after one revolution it needs to turn a little bit more to face the sun again as it has moved along its orbit. This means over the period of a year, we lose a day. So 366.2425 revolutions or sidereal days is only 365.2425 mean solar days.

So you can't even get that right.

And this is quite easily verifiable. A laser ring gyroscope can measure the length of a Sidereal day, and you can also use the stars. After 1 sidereal day the stars will be in the same position (ignoring parallax and aberration).
After 1 solar day, the sun will be in the same position (so after 1 average solar day, the sun will be in roughly the same position).
So you can go and test this yourself.
Go and observe the position of stars over a night. Then try again in a 30 sidereal days, and again and so on. Making sure you use the same sidereal time, not solar time.
You will observe that all bar the sun appears in roughly the same place.

If you were able to see a star rise year round, then you would also be able to use something similar to your nonsense assertion. With the very real existence of the sidereal day you would be able to see the star rise 366 times in 365 days.

Or you can go and use a laser ring gyroscope and actually measure it.

« Reply #1886 on: September 12, 2019, 04:08:23 PM »
Are you refuting the leap year and seriously claiming the rotation of earth perfectly matches the orbit of the sun?

Keep on misgeneralizing cuz im pretty sure your side has convoluted explanations that all end up in nasa conspiracy.

Is earth a disc or inf plane? - fe answer yes.
How does the sun hide behind atmosphere yet stars can be seen on horizon? - fe answer perspective.
How close is the sun?  - Fe answer its pretty close.

Why cant we trust nasa?  - FE answer is because conspiracy of stone masons spanning 1000s of years and 1M of people.

Reallly?
Come on now.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1887 on: September 12, 2019, 04:09:27 PM »
Gleason MAP, miles from Sydney, Australia to Santiago.

Incorrect!
Sydney is at 33.8688° S, 151.2093° E and Santiago at 33.4489° S, 70.6693° W.

So the distance on the Gleason Map (with an overall diameter of 40,000 km) is about 25,700 km!
Simply scaling in from the map, taking the North Pole to Equator distance as 10,000 km, gets close to my value, not yours!

Your aren't very good at this flat earth stuff either, are you?

?

frenat

« Reply #1888 on: September 12, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »

A sidereal time is irrelevant to the movement of the Sun.  If a sidereal days actually existed then we would have 366 sunrises is a 365 day year.

The Sidereal Confusion Exposed

and you only continue to prove you don't understand the subject. Nothing has been made up. Sidereal days have been known about long before flatties ever first misunderstood the subject thinking there should be a problem.

A sidereal day is the rotation relative to the stars. A solar day, which is what accounts for sunrises, is relative to the sun. There is no reason the very real sidereal day should mean there should be 366 sunrises in a year. There are 365 solar days in a year. You DO see the stars rotate 366 times a year as the stars move a little bit each day accounting for the difference you see throughout the year. You are wrong yet again. Thanks for the humor. Yet another fail from Plat Terra.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:37:43 PM by frenat »

Macarios

« Reply #1889 on: September 12, 2019, 04:38:56 PM »
The thing you are describing happens.
But not with the Sun.
It happens with the other stars, and constellations.

Ever heard of Summer Triangle?
Or Winter Hexagon?

Different constelations are visible in the summer night and different in the winter night.
That is because the night side of the Earth in winter faces Orion on one side, and in summer faces Hercules on the other side.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.