When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #750 on: August 14, 2019, 10:30:54 PM »
And I notice the Rogers Center is not included, but is in regular photographs. Wonder why? Because it should be below the curve, but it's not.
So you say, but you have to post a video with admitted anomalous refraction, what you claim is a mirage and massive heat haze to possibly show some unknown building!
Why should anyone waste their time on a video under conditions like that?

PS The earth is still very close to being a sphere that gas been accurately mapped and you don't even have a map! ;D

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #751 on: August 14, 2019, 10:53:04 PM »
And I notice the Rogers Center is not included, but is in regular photographs. Wonder why? Because it should be below the curve, but it's not.
So you say, but you have to post a video with admitted anomalous refraction, what you claim is a mirage and massive heat haze to possibly show some unknown building!

PS The earth is still very close to being a sphere that gas been accurately mapped and you don't even have a map! ;D
Yeah, you like to muddy the waters, but the facts and measurements according to your 3959 mile radius proves you are WRONG. The Rogers Centre cannot be seen from 30.84 MILES AWAY on your fake globe. You're the opposition and will say anything to your advantage TO IGNORE AND CONTINUE THE LIE. I don't have to post any video, the facts speak for themselves. You just need to get a new job!
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Macarios

« Reply #752 on: August 14, 2019, 10:56:28 PM »

Yeah, you like to muddy the waters, but the facts and measurements according to your 3959 mile radius proves you are WRONG. The Rogers Centre cannot be seen from 30.84 MILES AWAY on your fake globe. You're the opposition and will say anything to your advantage TO IGNORE AND CONTINUE THE LIE. I don't have to post any video, the facts speak for themselves. You just need to get a new job!

Why the photograph like this should wait for convenient temperature conditions to be taken?
Why can't you and me go there and see it on every ordinary day?
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Plat Terra

« Reply #753 on: August 14, 2019, 11:02:35 PM »

Why the photograph like this should wait for convenient temperature conditions to be taken?

Life suck sometimes, don't it?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #754 on: August 14, 2019, 11:05:06 PM »
Perspective in a Plane World is a wonderful thing. It rules out the possibility of a curved world. "Plat Terra"
What nice photos of exactly what should be seen on the Globe? Your learning!
But I fail to see where perspective might come in other that to explain why the horizon appears close to eye-level, not that you can be sure in photos like that.
Quote from: Plat Terra

Much appreciated :).  Of course, if you mistakenly think they fit your plane earth better, please explain why.

Likewise here!
This is the most important thread on this forum "Curvature", and the opposition is still taking swings and nothing more. And they know the angular size of the sun has already been addressed.
You might think that you have addressed "the angular size of the sun" but you haven't really!
You waved your hands and claimed that "some magic" explains it. No one Swallows you funny ideas.

But I can't make the opposition believe the facts of our Plane Earth.
Possibly because you've presented none! All you've done is come up with meaningless excuses for sunrise, sunsets, the sun's angular size and ships and lighthouses, etc being hidden.

Again, there is no evidence for a flat earth in that photo, especially with not a trace of information about it.
And this photo looks to be from the same video! Do you still claim that there is "no curvature"?

Where is there any evidence for a plane earth in any of those photos?

Plat Terra

« Reply #755 on: August 14, 2019, 11:20:39 PM »
Perspective in a Plane World is a wonderful thing. It rules out the possibility of a curved world. "Plat Terra"
What nice photos of exactly what should be seen on the Globe? Your learning!
But I fail to see where perspective might come in other that to explain why the horizon appears close to eye-level, not that you can be sure in photos like that.

Much appreciated :).  Of course, if you mistakenly think they fit your plane earth better, please explain why.

Likewise here!
This is the most important thread on this forum "Curvature", and the opposition is still taking swings and nothing more. And they know the angular size of the sun has already been addressed.
You might think that you have addressed "the angular size of the sun" but you haven't really!
You waved your hands and claimed that "some magic" explains it. No one Swallows you funny ideas.

But I can't make the opposition believe the facts of our Plane Earth.
Possibly because you've presented none! All you've done is come up with meaningless excuses for sunrise, sunsets, the sun's angular size and ships and lighthouses, etc being hidden.

Again, there is no evidence for a flat earth in that photo, especially with not a trace of information about it.
And this photo looks to be from the same video! Do you still claim that there is "no curvature"?

Where is there any evidence for a plane earth in any of those photos?

None of that matters. You are deflecting because you are wrong.  The Rogers center being visible destroys you Globe theory with a 3959 mile radius.  What is your new Earth's Radius and the size of the new Heliocentric theory? The foundation for your current theory has been destroyed. So what's the new one?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #756 on: August 14, 2019, 11:27:25 PM »
Plat tera, do you have any evidence for a "walled mirage"? I know about superior mirages and inferior mirages. But I mean, what is a walled mirage? Is it another name for a wall of water?

If it is, then another name for a walled mirage in your creative meme, is "curvature of the Earth".

Your walled mirage is a wall of water from the lake's surface being curved, blocking out the lower portion of that cityscape showing the tower at the Rogers centre. If anything, I bet there's a superior mirage at play, which enables more of the cityscape to be seen on this occasion than other occasions.

Just out of general curiosity, I'll dig up some other photos of that cityscape from 30.84 miles away at 6 foot height, with different atmospheric conditions, and we'll see if more or less of the cityscape is hidden behind a wall of water than in your meme photos......

Oh, and in your meme, in your bottom right image, there isn't any mirage blocking the distant shoreline. The distant shoreline is in shadow and reduced due to high tide, and the camera settings don't enable the camera to pick up as much detail as when that shoreline is in direct sunlight as from the morning sun.

I take my hat off to you for creativity, plat tera. If you are the inventor of "walled mirages", you may be in the running for not a Nobel prize, but a Knodel prize, courtesy of Bob Knodel!

The mirage is the least of your major problems. The Rogers Centre is visible and shouldn't be according to a 3959 mile radius. Again, since the Centre is visible what is the new size of your Earth and Heliocentric theory? It does not match your current one.

BTW, it's a linear mirror image of waters' surface that's above the surface of the water like a superior mirage. Or like a mirror image of a surface that's above the surface of ground. It blocks the view of things behind it. It happens over water and land.

Another Plat fail. I've lost count. Try harder Plat. There's no "walled mirage" that's going to get you out of this.

Perspective doesn't work that way. We see you are ID. You make my points quite clear.

Thank you!

I never mentioned perspective. So how does or doesn't perspective work when perspective is irrelevant to the fact that there is no 'walled mirage' that you totally made up and that a quarter of your CN Tower is missing? Where did it go?

By the way, did you ever figure out the distance between two points and perhaps where your Sun is? You know, like where it goes at night. I bet you still haven't. Sad.

Plat Terra

« Reply #757 on: August 14, 2019, 11:29:31 PM »
Plat tera, do you have any evidence for a "walled mirage"? I know about superior mirages and inferior mirages. But I mean, what is a walled mirage? Is it another name for a wall of water?

If it is, then another name for a walled mirage in your creative meme, is "curvature of the Earth".

Your walled mirage is a wall of water from the lake's surface being curved, blocking out the lower portion of that cityscape showing the tower at the Rogers centre. If anything, I bet there's a superior mirage at play, which enables more of the cityscape to be seen on this occasion than other occasions.

Just out of general curiosity, I'll dig up some other photos of that cityscape from 30.84 miles away at 6 foot height, with different atmospheric conditions, and we'll see if more or less of the cityscape is hidden behind a wall of water than in your meme photos......

Oh, and in your meme, in your bottom right image, there isn't any mirage blocking the distant shoreline. The distant shoreline is in shadow and reduced due to high tide, and the camera settings don't enable the camera to pick up as much detail as when that shoreline is in direct sunlight as from the morning sun.

I take my hat off to you for creativity, plat tera. If you are the inventor of "walled mirages", you may be in the running for not a Nobel prize, but a Knodel prize, courtesy of Bob Knodel!

The mirage is the least of your major problems. The Rogers Centre is visible and shouldn't be according to a 3959 mile radius. Again, since the Centre is visible what is the new size of your Earth and Heliocentric theory? It does not match your current one.

BTW, it's a linear mirror image of waters' surface that's above the surface of the water like a superior mirage. Or like a mirror image of a surface that's above the surface of ground. It blocks the view of things behind it. It happens over water and land.

Another Plat fail. I've lost count. Try harder Plat. There's no "walled mirage" that's going to get you out of this.

Perspective doesn't work that way. We see you are ID. You make my points quite clear.

Thank you!

I never mentioned perspective. So how does or doesn't perspective work when perspective is irrelevant to the fact that there is no 'walled mirage' that you totally made up and that a quarter of your CN Tower is missing? Where did it go?

By the way, did you ever figure out the distance between two points and perhaps where your Sun is? You know, like where it goes at night. I bet you still haven't. Sad.

Take a hike Stash. You are nothing!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #758 on: August 14, 2019, 11:35:38 PM »

Life suck sometimes, don't it?
Especially when you need to invent this magical "walled mirage" to "prove your case". You really must be desperate.
If you need special weather conditions it's useless as evidence. I believe you said that.

So toss you Rogers Center evidence, toss you balloon photos or better still toss your long debunked flat earth dreams.

Toronto Skyline from Fort Niagara Beach,
27 miles across Lake Ontario taken at Fort Niagara in Youngstown, New York

Wot! No mirage?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #759 on: August 14, 2019, 11:36:04 PM »

Thank you!

Here we are again, always arriving at the same spot. You get even a minor challenge and you cower, retreat, try to distract and deflect. But sadly, everyone sees through this charade or yours.

You can't answer even the most basic of questions and when pressed and shown buckets of evidence against your weak position, you collapse into a heap. Lashing out like a child. Now, as a point of possible redemption and credibility raising, answer this:

Where is your Sun right now?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #760 on: August 15, 2019, 12:00:14 AM »

Maybe, but Stash is far above you with the fake "walled mirage" extreme refraction you need to pretend to support your pretend flat earth!

But if you can't have a real flst earth, what about a toy one from Mark Sargent's flat earth toy shop?

Plat Terra

« Reply #761 on: August 15, 2019, 12:03:10 AM »
The opposition here denies the facts of a Plane Earth. Why?  Because, it’s like a job to them and somebody has to do it. They must explain away any facts presented because truth must be suppressed in any manner.  They can’t have anymore members in the Globe Community accepting defeat.

It really doesn't matter if you can't reason because at the end of the day science and observation win, but it helps to prove it to yourself Earth is not a sphere.

The observation of Rogers Centre from almost 31 mile away destroys the Globe Earth foundation theory with a 3959 mile radius because is shouldn't be seen, but be below the curve. So, if Earth is still a sphere what is the new radius and circumference of Earth and the size of the new Heliocentric theory with corrected gravitational fields?

I want to know NOW!

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #762 on: August 15, 2019, 12:03:22 AM »
None of that matters. You are deflecting because you are wrong.  The Rogers center being visible destroys you Globe theory with a 3959 mile radius.  What is your new Earth's Radius and the size of the new Heliocentric theory? The foundation for your current theory has been destroyed. So what's the new one?

If FE had any interest in researching the issue they would take pictures from the same spot for a period of time and show the sequence. Instead they wait for the mirage to happen and take the picture only then. Mirage hunting is not going to disprove the globe, but I guess that's good enough for someone making a living on some silly FE youtube channel.

There are tons of pictures from the same spot where the Rogers center can't be seen. The distortion on your video pretty much confirms the mirage:

Mirages aren't going to disprove the globe, but the are confusing enough for FE'ers like you to hide behind them and avoid answering all the difficult questions:
- You didn't provide any valid explanation for the sun not getting smaller as it gets further away. Showing a picture of a glass of water doesn't prove anything.
- You didn't prove your atmospheric fog theory, neither showed it to work consistently.
- You have no explanation for the shadow of mount Rainier under the clouds
- You can't explain sunrise and sunset
- Heck, you don't even know where the sun or the moon are or have a working map of the earth.
- You cant explain convincingly what makes ships disappear behind the horizon or why is half of Toronto missing in your videos.
- You can't explain why the horizon is below eye level.

The list of things you can't answer goes on and all you have is some pictures of mirages, creationist misconceptions  and lots of magical thinking.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #763 on: August 15, 2019, 12:03:48 AM »
The opposition here denies the facts of a Plane Earth. Why?  Because, it’s like a job to them and somebody has to do it. They must explain away any facts presented because truth must be suppressed in any manner.  They can’t have anymore members in the Globe Community accepting defeat.

It really doesn't matter if you can't reason because at the end of the day science and observation win, but it helps to prove it to yourself Earth is not a sphere.

The observation of Rogers Centre from almost 31 mile away destroys the Globe Earth foundation theory with a 3959 mile radius because is shouldn't be seen, but below the curve. So, if Earth is still a sphere what is the new radius and circumference of Earth and the size of the new Heliocentric theory with corrected gravitational fields?

I want to know NOW!

You yourself claimed there is a mirage wall that hides the bottom part of the skyline. And your images do look rather 'miragey'. Hence why you can see a deformed top of the Rogers Center.

But from the same distance, on a non-miragey day, you can't see the Rogers Center at all as predicted by a curved earth. And a big chunk of the bottom of the CN Tower is obscured by the curve. Go figure:

Now, where is your Sun right now?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #764 on: August 15, 2019, 12:15:20 AM »

The observation of Rogers Centre from almost 31 mile away destroys the Globe Earth foundation theory with a 3959 mile radius because is shouldn't be seen, but below the curve. So, if Earth is still a sphere what is the new radius and circumference of Earth and the size of the new Heliocentric theory with corrected gravitational fields?

I want to know NOW!

You yourself claimed there is a mirage wall that hides the bottom part of the skyline. And your images do look rather 'miragey'. Hence why you can see a deformed top of the Rogers Center.

But from the same distance, on a non-miragey day, you can't see the Rogers Center at all as predicted by a curved earth. And a big chunk of the bottom of the CN Tower is obscured by the curve. Go figure:

You don't matter. The Rogers Center cannot be observed on a 3959 mile radius Earth. Whats the new calculation of your sphere theory?

I see a super miragey version of the top of the Rogers Center in that one image. I don't see it at all in the other two I provided where the atmospheric conditions seemed to be far more normal - less miragey. And I see a wall of water, not a mirage wall, obscuring a bunch of the lower skyline of Toronto. Where did that wall of water come from? Must be a Tsunami on Lake Ontario.

Plat Terra

« Reply #765 on: August 15, 2019, 12:18:53 AM »

I want to know NOW!

You don't matter. The Rogers Centre cannot be observed on a 3959 mile radius Earth from almost 31 miles away. Whats the new calculation of your sphere theory?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #766 on: August 15, 2019, 12:22:09 AM »

I want to know NOW!

You don't matter. The Rogers Centre cannot be observed on a 3959 mile radius Earth from almost 31 miles away. Whats the new calculation of your sphere theory?

My matter has nothing to do with this. You act as if you are desperate, desperate to defend the indefensible. And flailing.

I see a super miragey version of the top of the Rogers Center in that one image. I don't see it at all in the other two I provided where the atmospheric conditions seemed to be far more normal - less miragey. And I see a wall of water, not a mirage wall, obscuring a bunch of the lower skyline of Toronto. Where did that wall of water come from? Must be a Tsunami on Lake Ontario.

?

alex314

• Truth, knowledge and science.
« Reply #767 on: August 15, 2019, 12:23:42 AM »

I want to know NOW!

Why not? What is your calculation in the FE model?

Plat Terra

« Reply #768 on: August 15, 2019, 12:30:47 AM »

I want to know NOW!

[/quote]

My matter has nothing to do with this. You act as if you are desperate, desperate to defend the indefensible. And flailing.

You have bigger problems than mirages. The fact that the Centre can be observed destroys your world. Deflecting with mirages and other things will not save you. You can't win. It's impossibly considering the issues. But you free to live in a fantasy if you like.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:32:51 AM by Plat Terra »

Plat Terra

« Reply #769 on: August 15, 2019, 12:35:51 AM »

I want to know NOW!

Why not? What is your calculation in the FE model?

No, what's the calculation in the Globe Model?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #770 on: August 15, 2019, 12:37:17 AM »

I want to know NOW!

You have bigger problems than mirages. The fact that the Centre can be observed destroys your world. Deflecting with mirages and other things will not save you. You can't win. It's impossibly considering the issues. But you free to live in a fantasy if you like.
[/quote]

Deflecting with mirages? You're 'Mirage Boy'. You made up a 'mirage wall', all of your sunrises and sunsets are mirage based. Talk about deflecting with mirages. Sorry, you're the clear winner there.

Now, if you could tell us where your Sun is right now, that would be great.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #771 on: August 15, 2019, 12:43:07 AM »

Download the Flat Earth Sun Moon & Clock app.

Plat Terra

« Reply #772 on: August 15, 2019, 12:45:00 AM »

I want to know NOW!

[uote]

Deflecting with mirages? You're 'Mirage Boy'. You made up a 'mirage wall', all of your sunrises and sunsets are mirage based. Talk about deflecting with mirages. Sorry, you're the clear winner there.

When you go to bed, always remember these words "Say it, Earth is a Plane" and remember to recalculate Earth's radius , because the Rogers Centre can be seen with a 3959 radius but shouldn't be.

Good night!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:47:06 AM by Plat Terra »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #773 on: August 15, 2019, 12:47:05 AM »
The Rogers Centre cannot be observed on a 3959 mile radius Earth from almost 31 miles away.
And your claim a building of completely the wrong shape that seems visible under conditions obviously likely to cause extra refraction, looming, and mirages is totally unreliable!

Those conditions with warm air (remember the heat haze) over cool water are exactly those that lead to this sort of unusual observation.

Learn a bit about refraction, etc, from Calculating Ray Bending.

Whats the new calculation of your sphere theory?
None! We need to change nothing because you've proven nothing!

By the way the earth and moon look like this from about 1.6 million kilometres away ;D:
[
Space telescope catches the moon crossing the Earth from the 'dark side'.
Prove it's a fake ;D!

Plat Terra

« Reply #774 on: August 15, 2019, 12:49:16 AM »
The Rogers Centre cannot be observed on a 3959 mile radius Earth from almost 31 miles away.
And your claim a building of completely the wrong shape that seems visible under conditions obviously likely to cause extra refraction, looming, and mirages is totally unreliable!

Those conditions with warm air (remember the heat haze) over cool water are exactly those that lead to this sort of unusual observation.

Learn a bit about refraction, etc, from Calculating Ray Bending.

Whats the new calculation of your sphere theory?
None! We need to change nothing because you've proven nothing!

By the way the earth and moon look like this from about 1.6 million kilometres away ;D:
[
Space telescope catches the moon crossing the Earth from the 'dark side'.
Prove it's a fake ;D!

What Ever,

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #775 on: August 15, 2019, 01:02:07 AM »

I want to know NOW!

When you go to bed, always remember these words "Say it, Earth is a Plane" and remember to recalculate Earth's radius , because the Rogers Centre can be seen with a 3959 radius but shouldn't be.

Good night!

That hardly speaks to the issue at hand that you invoke mirages everywhere to somehow explain ships disappearing over a horizon and Suns setting and rising and city skylines obscured by an earth curve induced wall of water. Yet when you present a deformed and distorted roof of an arena that should normally be obscured you claim no mirage. And then when shown other images where a wall of water is clearly obscuring the bottom of the skyline, no mirage present nor required, you cave and can't see your way clear to actually addressing the contradiction.

I think it's plain to see that you have lost the thread and have retreated. Losing is tough. When you find your Sun let us know.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #776 on: August 15, 2019, 01:07:01 AM »

I'm thinking you meant this as a joke, right?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #777 on: August 15, 2019, 01:08:35 AM »

No. It directly shows where the sun would be over on a Flat Earth Monopole model and answers your query of "where is the sun right now???"

Your turn. Show us a Round Earth model of the sun that is based on RET rather than historic patterns.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:13:19 AM by Tom Bishop »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #778 on: August 15, 2019, 01:18:11 AM »
What Ever,

Your failure to understand refraction isn't a surprise, your refusal to answer all the other questions isn't a surprise neither. The fact that you think you can prove RE wrong with a single picture of Toronto in a hot day only shows how delusional you are.

Refraction and superior mirages have been explained to you several times in this thread. Several posters have explained why the image of Roger Center is caused by light refraction. If you think those explanations are wrong then show where they are wrong. Your baseless claims don't prove anything.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #779 on: August 15, 2019, 01:23:21 AM »

No. It directly shows where the sun would be over on a Flat Earth Monopole model and answers your query of "where is the sun right now???"

Your turn. Show us a Round Earth model of the sun that is based on RET rather than historic patterns.

Ok, maybe you weren't making a joke, my bad. But Jeran's 2.99 app is a joke.

- First of all, ironically it uses a globe projection as the "model", strike 1.
- Watch makers have done this, mechanically, for 100's of years, so what's the big "Flat Earth" deal? Strike 2.
- The mono-pole model doesn't work and you know it and that's why you lean bi-pole (doesn't work either). Strike 3.

Edit: Forgot the last bit. Yeah, first show us a Flat Earth model of the sun that is based on a Flat Earth that works. That would be a good start.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:29:03 AM by Stash »