When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1620 on: September 04, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
you're the one requiring personally witnessed evidence...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:00:46 AM by Themightykabool »

JackBlack

« Reply #1621 on: September 05, 2019, 02:35:10 AM »
They look 3D but are really drawn on flat pieces of paper.
I don't care.
Notice how they look identical throughout other than being skewed?
That isn't the case for the gif I provided.
You need to show how a 2D object can look different.
i.e. how the same 2D object can look like it is wobbling, presenting different views.

As I said, A convex shape. Like this bracket... (  :)
You would need more of the curve than that. A bracket like that would allow you to see the side.
You need more than a hemisphere.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:49:16 AM by JackBlack »

JackBlack

« Reply #1622 on: September 05, 2019, 02:45:59 AM »
I expect the opposition to rail and fight against the truth.
Is that why you are here? Just fulfilling your expectations by fighting against the truth?

Yes, we do know you need to start accepting facts than just rejecting them to live in a fantasy. But we can't force you to accept them.
You have already brought up your lies about the selenehelion eclipses. They are 100% consistent with a RE.

Just to remind you:
Due to the size of Earth, a perfect 180 degree alignment is not required for a lunar eclipse.
Due to refraction, objects near the horizon will appear higher than they actually are. This is roughly 0.5 degrees. This means the sun will be below the horizon before it appears to begin to set. The same applies to the moon.

That gives plenty of room for an eclipse to occur with the sun and moon both above the horizon.
The fact that they only ever happen when the sun and moon are right near the horizon is further evidence of A RE.
The fact that lunar eclipses only occur during a full moon is further evidence of the current cosmological model being correct.
The fact that solar eclipses only occur during a new moon is further evidence of the current cosmological model being correct.
The fact that these eclipses only occur in 2 periods each year based upon the apparent location of the sun and moon lining up due to the moon's inclined orbit is further evidence of the current cosmological model being correct.
The fact that the phases of the moon line up so well with the position of the moon in the current cosmological model is further evidence of the current cosmological model being correct.

If the FE fantasy was true you would be able to have an eclipse with the moon at any stage of its cycle, with the moon in any position in the sky.
At least until you manage to come up with an explanation for eclipses.
Likewise you would be able to have a new moon or full moon at any time. There would be no need for any connection to the sun at all.

So still no defeat for the RE.
Still massive problems for the FE.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1623 on: September 05, 2019, 05:33:06 AM »
I expect the opposition to rail and fight against the truth.
So sorry to disappoint you again,  be we do not "rail and fight against the truth". That is what you have been doing g from day one-

Quote from: Plat Terra
That’s your goal and positive attracts the negative, but we both know you need to learn the facts instead of rejecting them for some fantasy.
Wrong again! We, your opposition, know that you are the one continually denying the facts presented but there seems little that can be done when you just ignore everything presented.

Quote from: Plat Terra
You mean you didn’t know the following?
https://i.imgur.com/W2dNCx4.jpg
You mean this?

So your complain that "We mock with Assumptions" - tough! That's what you've done with you ridiculous meme,  so put up with it >:(!
But the only assumption there is that your flat earth is supported by four elephants standing on a turtle.
But can you prove that's not true?
Flat earthers deny any knowledge of what is underneath so, why not being supported by by four elephants standing on a turtle ::).

But, whether you like it or not, lunar eclipses are caused by the earth casting a shadow on the moon.

Then you add this bit of "The Wisdom ;D of Eric Dubay" (Eric Dubay of the "200 Proofs that Eric Dubay can't Understand the Spinning Ball" fame ;D ):

If you believe that please show videos and/or reliable evidence of these selenelions.
Yes, they have a name, are known about and genuine examples do fit the Globe with no problem!

But if you try to claim some with the sun and/or the moon high above the horizon they will be tossed out unless you have some "cast-iron" evidence! 

rvlvr

« Reply #1624 on: September 05, 2019, 06:01:26 AM »
Just look at this! Just look at this! Do you need more proof?!

What does it say there next to the CGI enhanced, toned calf of the fakernaut? "NOD 2"!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Nod

The Land of Nod (Hebrew: אֶרֶץ־נוֹד – ʾereṣ-Nōḏ) is a place mentioned in the Book of Genesis of the Hebrew Bible, located "on the east of Eden" (qiḏmaṯ-ʿḖḏen), where Cain was exiled by God after Cain had murdered his brother Abel. According to Genesis 4:16:
And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

They mock us right in front of our eyes, people! Vile Satan worshippers and seed of Cain!

mak3m

« Reply #1625 on: September 05, 2019, 06:42:03 AM »

Apparently Plat thinks the moon is a concave disk facing down,  there are a few posts about this in this thread.

One day I will get a response, one day.

So according to Plats last posted 'evidence' the concave nature of the moon should concentrate the suns light back down to earth (which it doesn't)

But in the very next breath starts talking about the moon producing its own, independent cold blue light  ::)

Still trying to assess the playing field here, so FE proponents can hold diametrically opposing and conflicting views, can pick and change FE models dependant of the topic in hand, create their own math and use masses of un sourced material.

Yet if I show a NASA picture im a Freemason with a full suite of Adobe products
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1626 on: September 05, 2019, 07:01:27 AM »
Moon is 384 000 km away.
The shape you mention has to be 3474.2 kilometers across.
Is there a shape other than spherical that would do the trick?

As I said, A convex shape. Like this bracket... (  :)
What shape looks round from all directions ????

Rotating Moon from LRO

From our vantage point we dont see all directions do we

From all directions

Have you personally seen the other side of the face of the moon? Or do you just accept what you are told?
Currently, only 24 people have ever personally seen the far side of the moon.  They were the crews of Apollo 8 and Apollo 10 - 17.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #1627 on: September 05, 2019, 09:31:11 AM »
How does the Globe community explain why the moon appears to get much bigger as it reaches peak during a lunar eclipse and why the moon does not go all dark, but changes color.

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Yes

« Reply #1628 on: September 05, 2019, 09:45:43 AM »
why the moon does not go all dark, but changes color
Earthshine

why the moon appears to get much bigger as it reaches peak
Graviton shielding, of course  ;)

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

mak3m

« Reply #1629 on: September 05, 2019, 09:52:53 AM »
and why the moon does not go all dark, but changes color.

Rayleigh scattering. During Lunar eclipse, the moon is lit by reflected light from the earth. Not all colours in the light spectrum are equally scattered. Colours with shorter wavelengths, especially the violet and blue colours, are scattered more strongly, so they are removed from the sunlight before it hits the surface of the Moon. Those with longer wavelengths, like red and orange, pass through the atmosphere. This red-orange light is then bent or refracted around Earth, hitting the surface of the Moon and giving it the reddish-orange glow.

Yes

« Reply #1630 on: September 05, 2019, 09:58:47 AM »
Oh yeah, mak3m is right.  Earthshine isn't applicable here, since the Sun is on the other side.  It's the light from the Sun passing through (and bending around) Earth's atmosphere.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1631 on: September 05, 2019, 10:42:24 AM »
How does the Globe community explain why the moon appears to get much bigger as it reaches peak during a lunar eclipse and why the moon does not go all dark, but changes color.

You heard the RE explanation. What is the FE explanation?
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Plat Terra

« Reply #1632 on: September 05, 2019, 10:53:49 AM »

Rayleigh scattering. During Lunar eclipse, the moon is lit by reflected light from the earth.

What is the source of the reflected light from the earth to the moon?

How does the Globe community explain why the moon appears to get much bigger as it reaches peak during a lunar eclipse?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

?

frenat

« Reply #1633 on: September 05, 2019, 11:02:50 AM »

Rayleigh scattering. During Lunar eclipse, the moon is lit by reflected light from the earth.

Explained by another poster. the color is from the light passing through the Earth's atmosphere as it goes around the Earth.

How does the Globe community explain why the moon appears to get much bigger as it reaches peak during a lunar eclipse?
According to who? The unsourced image you posted?
It doesn't appear to get bigger. That was an artist effect.

https://futurism.com/apotd-super-blood-moon-eclipse

here's a better question. Why were you unable to do even basic research to find any of this out on your own?

Yes

« Reply #1634 on: September 05, 2019, 11:03:56 AM »

I didn't create the above image.  I just googled yours.  I'd recommend you do the same.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1635 on: September 05, 2019, 11:24:26 AM »

Explained by another poster. the color is from the light passing through the Earth's atmosphere as it goes around the Earth.

here's a better question. Why were you unable to do even basic research to find any of this out on your own?

The poster in question said. "reflected light from the earth" Look up the meaning of "reflected"

When light is reflected at a surface, it leaves that surface in a specific direction (according to the Law of Reflection). When light is scattered at a surface, it leaves that surface in very many different directions. An example of a reflecting surface is a high-quality mirror.

Sphere mirrors don't really do a good job of reflecting a light do they?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:31:03 AM by Plat Terra »

Plat Terra

« Reply #1636 on: September 05, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »

I didn't create the above image.  I just googled yours.  I'd recommend you do the same.

Fare enough on the size.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1637 on: September 05, 2019, 11:41:47 AM »

The poster in question said. "reflected light from the earth" Look up the meaning of "reflected"

When light is reflected at a surface, it leaves that surface in a specific direction (according to the Law of Reflection). When light is scattered at a surface, it leaves that surface in very many different directions. An example of a reflecting surface is a high-quality mirror.

Read again what mak3m wrote

Rayleigh scattering. During Lunar eclipse, the moon is lit by reflected light from the earth. Not all colours in the light spectrum are equally scattered. Colours with shorter wavelengths, especially the violet and blue colours, are scattered more strongly, so they are removed from the sunlight before it hits the surface of the Moon. Those with longer wavelengths, like red and orange, pass through the atmosphere. This red-orange light is then bent or refracted around Earth, hitting the surface of the Moon and giving it the reddish-orange glow.

Rayleigh scattering is caused by light passing through earth's atmosphere. It occurs before light  reaches the moon.

Yes

« Reply #1638 on: September 05, 2019, 11:47:17 AM »
Fare enough on the size.
Hm.  Well, I appreciate your acceptance.

Maybe... maybe we just need to focus on communicating with images.  Maybe that's the trick.

Here, check out this cartoony diagram:

Individually, each arrowhead represents a reflection.  Collectively, you could describe it as scatter.

Now, imagine that rather than hitting the earth as in that image, it skims along the atmosphere and goes out the other side.  See how it would just be the red/orange/yellow light that gets through?  That's what's illuminating the moon during a lunar eclipse.  (Those would get reflected/scattered too, just not nearly as much as the blue light.)

mak3m

« Reply #1639 on: September 05, 2019, 11:56:15 AM »

I said refracted.

But while we are on the subject the moon acts like you would expect a concave reflector to,  it diffuses the reflected light it receives always dimmer.

If it was concave, which you did suggest, you would expect it to concentrate the reflection.

I'm not going to pretend to know the physical properties of a concave reflector of that size, at a guess it could potentially be like a spot light?

In any case observation of the reflected light alone would suggest its concave, or spherical

mak3m

« Reply #1640 on: September 05, 2019, 12:02:57 PM »
Oh yeah apologies I did say reflect in opening paragraph,  meant refracted,  as stated in final paragraph

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1641 on: September 05, 2019, 12:22:53 PM »
I'm not going to make a meme, but graphical descriptions of the effect are easy enough to find:

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:30:14 PM by kopfverderber »

?

frenat

« Reply #1642 on: September 05, 2019, 12:34:53 PM »

And other posts corrected it. Are you unable to read? Or do your own research?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1643 on: September 05, 2019, 12:35:21 PM »
I'm not going to make a meme, but graphical descriptions of the effect are easy enough to find:

[/quote]

Well, isn't that interesting. It doesn't fit what we see. The event is not for a sphere earth. We don't see the whole even as red.  So, you now have to explain this blunder.

And you're umbra and penumbra is way out of size. Try it to scale.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:40:47 PM by Plat Terra »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1644 on: September 05, 2019, 12:42:37 PM »

Well, isn't that interesting. It doesn't fit what we see. The event is not for a sphere earth. You have all the Moon Red during the whole eclipse. But that not the case is it? So, you now have to explain this blunder.

The diagram is just explanatory, it's not to scale and I didn't make it. Maybe if you post a picture of a eclipse that wouldn't be possible in RE,  we can start from there. In the mean time you could also explain how lunar eclipses work in FE and where does the reddish color come from in FE.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:47:34 PM by kopfverderber »

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #1645 on: September 05, 2019, 01:02:03 PM »

Well, isn't that interesting. It doesn't fit what we see. The event is not for a sphere earth. We don't see the whole even as red.  So, you now have to explain this blunder.

[/quote]

Do you have a 30ft long monitor that would allow you to view it to scale?
Nullius in Verba

« Reply #1646 on: September 05, 2019, 01:08:42 PM »
Ha

Next he ll complain that the ray lines arent parallel.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1647 on: September 05, 2019, 01:58:14 PM »
I’m starting to think plat dropped out of school and is getting a free education from all of us instead.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1648 on: September 05, 2019, 02:15:37 PM »
I’m starting to think plat dropped out of school and is getting a free education from all of us instead.

Sounds more like you are all getting schooled by him instead  ::) Sorry but as someone who thinks you're all ultimately wrong, I'd have to say if I had to pick the stronger debater, Mr Plat comes out on top

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1649 on: September 05, 2019, 02:52:23 PM »

Sounds more like you are all getting schooled by him instead  ::) Sorry but as someone who thinks you're all ultimately wrong, I'd have to say if I had to pick the stronger debater, Mr Plat comes out on top

With my own ASI I have seen the future and the future says that you are ultimately wrong.