It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #3840 on: November 22, 2015, 03:30:30 AM »
Re topic I am always impressed by the fantastic steering capabilities of any Spaceship. You just push the accelerator, a rocket engine fires up and spews out hot gases from the ass and off you go in the exact direction never missing the target. Same when braking. You just push the brake pedal, the Spaceship flips 180°, a rocket engine fires up and spews out hot gases from the nose and off you slow down in the exact direction. Fantastic. I wonder why anybody believes the nonsense.

ever heard of control systems?

Of course! But do they work in 3D space? What is up,down, left, right, fwd, aft? Relative to what?

The Sun! Good. The hot Sun attracts you towards it. Gravity, you know. So you have to adjust your control system!

Much easier to fake it.

even airplanes move following a 3d trajectory and they have control system.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #3841 on: November 22, 2015, 03:49:21 AM »
Re topic I am always impressed by the fantastic steering capabilities of any Spaceship. You just push the accelerator, a rocket engine fires up and spews out hot gases from the ass and off you go in the exact direction never missing the target. Same when braking. You just push the brake pedal, the Spaceship flips 180°, a rocket engine fires up and spews out hot gases from the nose and off you slow down in the exact direction. Fantastic. I wonder why anybody believes the nonsense.

Of course! But do they work in 3D space? What is up,down, left, right, fwd, aft? Relative to what?

The Sun! Good. The hot Sun attracts you towards it. Gravity, you know. So you have to adjust your control system!

Much easier to fake it.

For a new comer since two weeks at FE forum your posts are not very intelligent, clever, interesting, funny, etc. You have to improve!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #3842 on: November 22, 2015, 04:09:37 AM »
That's why rockets nozzles are mounted on gimbals....

The idea of gimballed thrust is ridiculous on any but small, fast-accelerating rockets equipped with fore-&-aft stabilising fins.

Exhaust vanes are by far the simplest & most effective method of thrust vectoring, but as they demonstrate an action-reaction pairing being created outside the nozzle NASA replaced them with their silly 'gimballed thrust' system.

But wait; haven't we already done thrust vectoring on this thread?

Why yes, we have!

Starting on page 54.

Here is what Walter Mitty said about the thrust vectoring system of the V2:

The thrust itself is not being vectored

LULZ!!!

A thrust vectoring system that somehow does not vector thrust!

What University did you go to again, Mr. Mitty?

But whatever; forcing the thread to retread old ground is - guess what?

That's right - our old friend Shill Tactics 101.

LOL!!!

I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #3843 on: November 22, 2015, 04:18:12 AM »
How do you vector thrust?

« Reply #3844 on: November 22, 2015, 04:19:23 AM »

Much easier to fake it.

For a new comer since two weeks at FE forum your posts are not very intelligent, clever, interesting, funny, etc. You have to improve!
No seriously what's the problem of having a control system  in space? U have accelerometers which can register movement in a coordinated system solidal to the space ship, plus u have inertial system to measure the movement of your spaceship with respect to an exterior coordinate system and in orbit around earth u have communication with the earth to adjust error of the inertial system.

Since papa seems to have some problems answering my question, would u help him?

« Reply #3845 on: November 22, 2015, 04:27:12 AM »

U change the direction of the thrust vector with respect to the ship/plane.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3846 on: November 22, 2015, 04:38:35 AM »

By altering the angle at which the exhaust column interacts with the atmosphere.

Same way as you steer a car by altering the angle at which the wheels interact with the road...

It's not Rocket science you know!

Of course, the main method of steering real rockets is through the use of control fins, which also stabilise it.

But, as these rely on atmosphere to work, of which there is none in 'shpayze', NASA had to get creative with their Imagineering.

As you said, the whole silly business is just Military Propaganda though; still, it's fun picking apart the Lies, isn't it?

U change the direction of the thrust vector with respect to the ship/plane.

Well, that was helpful; you REALLY know your stuff don't you?

LOL!!!

Also:

U have accelerometers which can register movement in a coordinated system solidal to the space ship, plus u have inertial system to measure the movement of your spaceship with respect to an exterior coordinate system and in orbit around earth u have communication with the earth to adjust error of the inertial system.

Please find a Gibberish-to-English translator as soon as possible.

Until then I will be unable to respond meaningfully to your gobbledy-gook.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:43:01 AM by Papa Legba »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3847 on: November 22, 2015, 04:41:34 AM »
I guess I see your logic!  You can't understand it, so it can't be true!  There are lot's of things I don't understand, but I initially put that down to MY lack of knowledge till I can investigate further!
Wherever did you get the stupid idea that "You just push the accelerator... etc ... slow down in the exact direction."
I suppose you get all your ideas from Sci Fi films like Gravity and "The Martian"!
Navigation in space to dock with another vehicle takes a lot more than "push the accelerator... and off you go in the exact direction never missing the target. ... You just push the brake pedal, the Spaceship flips 180°, a rocket engine fires up and spews out hot gases from the nose and off you slow down in the exact direction."  It is virtually impossible without computer calculation of required trajectories. 
You are just so laughable you make some of papa legba's statements sound almost logical.
While we're on papa legba.  He seemed to doubt that the "de Laval nozzle" would work above its "optimum altitude".  Well it not only does work fine, but the thrust actually keeps on increasing as the outside pressure falls off.  The point of optimisation is that a bit more thrust still could be obtained, but the large nozzle diameter tneeded means that de Laval nozzle can't be "optimised" for (almost) vacuum conditions, but they still operate well.  Undoubdtedly everyone arguing about this topic has studied:
http://www.rocket-propulsion.info/resources/articles/NozzleDesign.pdf.  Likely!
I think it was papa legba that commented he would not want me designing rockets etc.  Don't worry, everyone can rest easy, I simply do not have the expertise to go anywhere near a task like that!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3848 on: November 22, 2015, 04:47:21 AM »
Shill-Tactics 101: when presenting Illogical & Implausible data that your victim refuses to accept, say this to try belittle their Intelligence:

You can't understand it, so it can't be true! 

Really, you are creating a veritable sewage-farm on your own doorsteps today, Disinfo-things...

Got anything new?

« Reply #3849 on: November 22, 2015, 05:19:26 AM »
I apologize for solidal, I mean fixed to.

U have no clue how propulsion works do u? Acting on atmosphere has nothing to do with rocket propulsion.
The propellant is accelerated through the nozzle, so a force is acting on it( force=mass*acceleration). same force is acting on the nozzle but in the other direction, propelling the spaceship.

If u have really studied rocket propulsion u would have read that the main term in the thrust equation for rocket is given by the mass flow of propellant exiting the nozzle times the velocity at which it's exiting.

Don't try BS like "first u talk about acceleration and then u say velocity" cause if u perform a dimensional analysis (if u know what it means and can perform one) u would realize that mass flow*velocity has the same measurement unit as mass*velocity.

Ps still waiting on the V2 thing.....
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:25:49 AM by luckyfred »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3850 on: November 22, 2015, 05:24:49 AM »

Me. No. Speak-y. Gibberish.

Do. You. Understand. Me?

Yes. Or. No?

« Reply #3851 on: November 22, 2015, 05:27:42 AM »

Me. No. Speak-y. Gibberish.

Do. You. Understand. Me?

Yes. Or. No?

Previous post talking about coordinate system. I used the word solidal instead of fixed to.

What about the rest of the post in which I point out that u know nothing about rocket propulsion?!?!

And the V2 thing?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:30:08 AM by luckyfred »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3852 on: November 22, 2015, 05:31:50 AM »
mass flow*velocity has the same measurement unit as mass*velocity.

Try Harder...

Fail Harder...

Make us all Laugh harder.

That's what Clowns are for.

« Reply #3853 on: November 22, 2015, 05:56:33 AM »
mass flow*velocity has the same measurement unit as mass*velocity.

Try Harder...

Fail Harder...

Make us all Laugh harder.

That's what Clowns are for.
Finally!!!!!
Definitive proof u have no education in basic physics let alone rocket design.

They are both measured in kg*meter/s^2.

I'll let u do the math.. Hint... Mass flow is the time derivative of mass

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3854 on: November 22, 2015, 06:02:47 AM »
Don't try BS like "first u talk about acceleration and then u say velocity" cause if u perform a dimensional analysis (if u know what it means and can perform one) u would realize that mass flow*velocity has the same measurement unit as mass*velocity.

Still Trying...

Still Failing...

Audience getting Bored now.

Got any New tricks?

« Reply #3855 on: November 22, 2015, 06:18:07 AM »
Ok typed it in a hurry. Mass flow*velocity same measurement unit as mass*acceleration.

Still it goes against what u claim is rocket propulsion.
Still no answer about v2.

U can continue to point out my spelling mistakes but it remains the fact that u do that cause u're arguments have no substance and u're defensive cause u don't know how to answer me

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3856 on: November 22, 2015, 06:34:50 AM »
Ok typed it in a hurry.

You 'typed it in a hurry'...

LULZ!!!

Along with 'English is not my first language', this is, as ever, Shill-Tactics 101 as an Excuse for presenting False Information.

And, as we are all quite agonisingly aware by now that your first language is Gibberish, you are batting 100%.

Still; keep up your preposterous Mummery...

It may still be good for a few Laughs, though frankly you appear to be pumping a dry hole.

On which unpleasant metaphor, I will offer you a LMFAO!!! & bid you good-day.

« Reply #3857 on: November 22, 2015, 06:41:10 AM »
Ok typed it in a hurry.

You 'typed it in a hurry'...

LULZ!!!

Along with 'English is not my first language', this is, as ever, Shill-Tactics 101 as an Excuse for presenting False Information.

And, as we are all quite agonisingly aware by now that your first language is Gibberish, you are batting 100%.

Still; keep up your preposterous Mummery...

It may still be good for a few Laughs, though frankly you appear to be pumping a dry hole.

On which unpleasant metaphor, I will offer you a LMFAO!!! & bid you good-day.

No answer, only excuses.
Sorry but I have to think that u and your welder buddies, despite your knowledge, cannot give an answer....
Maybe cause your knowledge of rocket is zero?!?!?!
I must assume that construction workers are not able to design a rocket... What a pitty, always thought that aerospace engineers loose their time at university

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3858 on: November 22, 2015, 06:51:45 AM »
No answer, only excuses.

So now I'm the one 'making excuses'?

LOL!!!

Remember writing this 'excuse', in your very last post, psycho?

Ok typed it in a hurry.

Of course, accusing your Victim of the same Offence you have just been found guilty of is - wait for it - Shill-Tactics 101.

*Yawn!*

You really are a very silly little disinfo-thing, are you not?

But thanks for giving neutral readers a play-by-play run-through of all the dirty tricks in your repugnant Troll-Handbook.

You've been useful for that, at least, if Nothing else.

This should be post 19; why not show them another Shill-Tactic 101, i.e. grabbing top post on every page?

Toodle-Pip, Loser!

« Reply #3859 on: November 22, 2015, 07:19:13 AM »
Let's recap.
U claim that in order to have propulsion u need atmosphere.
U claim that de Laval nozzles work only at the design altitude.

I said u're wrong, explained to u how it works in reality.
I presented u some examples that are against your claims and asked u how u would explain them.

U haven't replied on that matter so I must assume u and your welder buddies, which is a category of workers famous for its knowledge of rocket engines, cannot explain those example with what u know about propulsion. So your claims about rocket propulsion are worthless since they cannot explain what happens in reality.

« Reply #3860 on: November 22, 2015, 07:36:28 AM »
A full recap would be:

Papa spouts crap about a certain part of the space program and spams garbage hoping we'll give in.
We all point out where he is wrong until he switches to a new point.
Repeat as necessary.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3861 on: November 22, 2015, 07:44:55 AM »
I thought that only Americans were arrogant enough to think that the entire world spoke English as their first language. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #3862 on: November 22, 2015, 09:23:51 AM »
Let us not forget that Poopoo Looser also thinks that acetylene torches should melt in his hand.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3863 on: November 22, 2015, 11:41:50 AM »
Remember me saying this to unluckyfred?

This should be post 19; why not show them another Shill-Tactic 101, i.e. grabbing top post on every page?

Well, look what he did...

LOL!!!

As for the rest of you cranks; your posts show exactly why every one of my mates who've looked in on this thread think it's YOU who are the Flat Earther weirdos.

'Poopoo Loser' - LMFAO!!!

This place is like a mental asylum...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3864 on: November 22, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »
Is refusing to answer simple questions another trick that they taught you in Shill-Tactic 101?

Do you believe that a de Laval nozzle only works at the altitude that it's optimized for, or can it work, but less efficiently, at other altitudes as well?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3865 on: November 22, 2015, 11:54:04 AM »
Is refusing to answer simple questions another trick that they taught you in Shill-Tactic 101?

LOL!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3866 on: November 22, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »

LOL!!!
I'll take that as a yes.

« Reply #3867 on: November 22, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »
No answer yet again.

Ok it's official, u don't know how to respond cause u don't know anything about rocket engine.

Good to know, go back to build houses and let the rocket science to aerospace engineer.
Everyone has its own area of expertise and shouldn't denigrate other people's work, especially since u have no idea what u're talking about.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3868 on: November 22, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »
No answer yet again.

No answer to What?

All you've done in your last few shitposts is tell me how very, very Wrong I am.

Fact is that I said all I need to say on this subject pages ago & you've spent all your time since Lying that I haven't while I took the piss out of you for doing so.

This is why every neutral thinks you're mental.

« Reply #3869 on: November 22, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »
Nope, u've never told me how the de laval nozzle on the v2 allowed it to climb to 50 miles.

So since i've been telling how wrong u are and u've never responded i must assume u're admitting that u are wrong....  making all u've said previously basically worthless.