It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #3180 on: September 10, 2015, 10:54:11 PM »
I guess the purpose behind your post was to question what sort of power was actually coming out of the shuttle engine?

Did it not seem as though much thrust was being generated?

Do you think the manufacturer of the engine just does a test like this to impress the general public with a whole lot of vapour and noise, without any real purpose behind it?

Each engine has to be tested before they could install them in the Shuttle. That test shows a test of 1 of the 3 that eventually gets installed in the shuttle. I am not sure if they had to do this before getting it certified for the next launch, but I wont be surprised. The shuttle was stupid. It cost more to launch than the Saturn V and took substantially less up.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3181 on: September 11, 2015, 12:34:05 AM »
I guess the purpose behind your post was to question what sort of power was actually coming out of the shuttle engine?

Did it not seem as though much thrust was being generated?

Do you think the manufacturer of the engine just does a test like this to impress the general public with a whole lot of vapour and noise, without any real purpose behind it?

Each engine has to be tested before they could install them in the Shuttle. That test shows a test of 1 of the 3 that eventually gets installed in the shuttle. I am not sure if they had to do this before getting it certified for the next launch, but I wont be surprised. The shuttle was stupid. It cost more to launch than the Saturn V and took substantially less up.
The shuttle was stupid was it?
It was magnificent when it was going into so called space and dropping segments of the so called space station off, which apparently couldn't be done by the so called rockets that you say can carry more. More or what?

The shuttle was discontinued for a very good reason. That reason was the fact that people were becoming wise to it and technology of cameras and such was getting too close to the bone which would see the real launches in short order, so they shut the so called shuttle down, which wasn't a real thing in the first place, apart from scale models and large museum composites, just like the saturn V and all the rest of the large unusable model eye candy.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #3182 on: September 11, 2015, 01:00:10 AM »
It was magnificent when it was going into so called space and dropping segments of the so called space station off, which apparently couldn't be done by the so called rockets that you say can carry more. More or what?

The shuttle was discontinued for a very good reason. That reason was the fact that people were becoming wise to it and technology of cameras and such was getting too close to the bone which would see the real launches in short order, so they shut the so called shuttle down, which wasn't a real thing in the first place, apart from scale models and large museum composites, just like the saturn V and all the rest of the large unusable model eye candy.

It must be tough admiring something that you claim did not go anywhere.
If all it did was go to some unimpressive altitude and land . . . . somewhere in Africa?, then its no more than a badly design aircraft, then there is nothing to admire.

If it went to space then engineering behind it was amazing. My issue with it has to do with the design principles. In short, it was designed by the US congress, and NASA made it work.
Space craft dont need wings.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3183 on: September 11, 2015, 01:14:55 AM »

It must be tough admiring something that you claim did not go anywhere.
If all it did was go to some unimpressive altitude and land . . . . somewhere in Africa?, then its no more than a badly design aircraft, then there is nothing to admire.

If it went to space then engineering behind it was amazing. My issue with it has to do with the design principles. In short, it was designed by the US congress, and NASA made it work.
Space craft dont need wings.
I'm not admiring it. It's  you people that did all of that before you changed your minds. That's why I put the words "It was magnificent when it was going into so called space and dropping segments of the so called space station off, which apparently couldn't be done by the so called rockets that you say can carry more. More or what?"
Obviously I forgot about you people being sort of special.

What does "designed by US congress" mean and also, what do you mean, NASA made it work?
 ;D

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #3184 on: September 11, 2015, 01:22:02 AM »
He means that the Shuttle contained very important concept failures. It was a spacecraft which was designed pretty well, to fit some use criteria, but that criteria was made by political, and not scientific, reasons. The design fitted that use pretty well, but it was not necesary at all, in fact, such attempts to make the shuttle be more economic ended up doing quite the opposite. Until we have SSTO, spacecraft dont need wings.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #3185 on: September 11, 2015, 01:40:40 AM »
The US Congress approves all NASA missions. NASA cant just build a rocket and inform the President afterwards. The problem is when you have a bunch of politicians that need to approve an item they start thinking like politicians and not engineers. So things like, "how many people will it employ in my state", or "will it out do what the Russians are doing" become more important than engineering and science. NASA had to fit in all the requirements that Congress threw at them, including who and where the parts are made.

The IDEA behind the Space shuttle was for it to be cheap and reusable. Then it went to congress . . . the end of cheap and reusable. It would actually have been cheaper if they rebuilt it every time!

The saturnV stopped being used because it was a really heavy lifter, and the requirements for that much lift was not needed. SaturnV 118 000kg vs 25 000kg.
Overall the SaturnV would cost way more, but the shuttle cost more per Kg.

April/May 2016 will hopefully see the launching of a new rocket that can put double the shuttles payload into space for less than 20% its overall price.

sorry Conker, did not see your reply. But what he said too

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3186 on: September 11, 2015, 01:57:42 AM »
He means that the Shuttle contained very important concept failures. It was a spacecraft which was designed pretty well, to fit some use criteria, but that criteria was made by political, and not scientific, reasons. The design fitted that use pretty well, but it was not necesary at all, in fact, such attempts to make the shuttle be more economic ended up doing quite the opposite. Until we have SSTO, spacecraft dont need wings.
Of course they need wings if they are fantasy built like the shuttle, because it has to still create and atmospheric glow as it comes back from fantasy space to GLIDE back to the ground at some out of the way air field.
Look how comfortable the fantasy aquanauts were going up into fantasy space and look how comfortable they were when they fantasy glided back to Earth.
And you're telling me that this craft was not very good? This fantasy craft was the bees knees. Flash Gordon would have been quite proud of it.

Here's your space. Now bear with me and read and understand what I'm about to say. Wear safety glasses as well because there's nothing as important as wearing safety glasses.

Anyway, here's the deal.
When you were a kid, your dad came home with a new car, or what was new to you if you were one of those families that could only afford second hand cars, like we were.

Anyway, your dad comes home with a new car and you all run out. " gee pap, the car is space age new..wow."

"Yes son, it's nice and sleek compared to that box car we drove in."..."Gee pap, wait till I tell all my friends."

5 years later.
"Come and have a look at our new car. I traded in the old one for this even sleeker, faster more comfortable car. It costs a bit more in fuel but it's sleek and comfortable and we don't have to be cramped up anymore."

"Gee pap, it seems like we just get better all the time. Better, stronger, faster."

10 years later.

"Pap, what happened to the sleek new models of car you always bought?"
" Ahhh son...It was nice while it lasted but I've decided to buy this car. Remember this car?...it's the same car I bought when you were still in ammonia stinking shorts. I decided that this is the way forward.2

"But pap, people will think you've turned into some kind of eccentric by going back to the old dangerous cars that we all had to cram into."
"Yep...isn't it wonderful."

You see, your so called space travel has went backwards. Now this should open your eyes but it won't. I''m sure it won't....but it should.
You see, a rocket taking off looks like a missile from a distance.
A shuttle taking off , of the size purported would be found out as time went on, due to more and more people becoming suspicious of it all, to the point of some clever dick sussing it out by taking care to analyse it in real time and realising that we've been duped to hell.

The way to alter it is to  go back to the old fashioned way of duping the public. rocket take off and a landing in the sea or on deserted ground in the middle of nowhere, far away from prying eyes.

But of course, all this would be just too expensive and all people in on it can't  keep this quite.
You watch films every week and the actors and actresses will not tell you the story line if they're told not to. Of course; it's only a film...but then again, your Cady Coleman and Sunny William's character's are also filming in front of a live audience in the studio, as well as good old Chris (guitar man/singer) Hadfield.

Anyone with a brain in their skull can understand that no shuttle of the proportions of the one we are told is sent up into space, can sit on a launchpad on those frigging struts, never mind lift off.  Anyone who think's otherwise after checking it all out, is not really worth talking to because it switches from naive to blatant lying from that point.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #3187 on: September 11, 2015, 02:12:34 AM »
Falcon Heavy launching mid next year will be double the size of the shuttle. The SLS that is being planned will be larger than the SaturnV. So there goes that theory.
SpaceX is planning on landing their 1st stage booster back on ground, FAA has given them approval, although there will still be a few ocean landings due to downrange distances ext.

You can actually go have a look at a launch if you live in the USA!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:15:02 AM by MaNaeSWolf »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3188 on: September 11, 2015, 02:16:32 AM »
Falcon Heave launching mid next year will be double the size of the shuttle. The SLS that is being planned will be larger than the SaturnV. So there goes that theory.
SpaceX is planning on landing their 1st stage booster back on ground, FAA has given them approval, although there will still be a few ocean landings due to downrange distances ext.

You can actually go have a look at a launch if you live in the USA!!
I won't be seeing any launch other than a distant small ballistic missile launch into the drink. Neither will you.
If you want to prove me wrong, then go to one. In fact, any one of you people go to a launch and get me clear footage of you and the rocket in stages of lift off that can be seen to be what we are shown on TV.

Even better if you get the aquanauts climbing into it.
Let's see if you can do this, or give me the excuses as to why not.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #3189 on: September 11, 2015, 02:39:37 AM »
It has been clearly demonstrated that any amount of video footage is discarded by FE advocates as CGI or what not.
I dont live in the USA, but one day I might go see a launch. I can however give you plenty of videos of rockets launching with other people watching. Rockets on the launch pad with people standing around them, and people building those rockets.
But until you physically see them, you will probably not believe they exist. I have spoken to someone that has been in the ISS, so I have as much proof of the ISS existing as I have proof of the USA existing. If everything is a lie, what is the truth?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3190 on: September 11, 2015, 02:49:55 AM »
It has been clearly demonstrated that any amount of video footage is discarded by FE advocates as CGI or what not.
I dont live in the USA, but one day I might go see a launch. I can however give you plenty of videos of rockets launching with other people watching. Rockets on the launch pad with people standing around them, and people building those rockets.
But until you physically see them, you will probably not believe they exist. I have spoken to someone that has been in the ISS, so I have as much proof of the ISS existing as I have proof of the USA existing. If everything is a lie, what is the truth?
You people always use this clap trap of, " if everything is a lie" business.
Nobody is saying that everything is a lie and you know this. You and other's simply use this as a defence mechanism when you can't prove something, like space travel, etc.

I always laugh when people like you come out with" Oh yeah, I've met an astronaut" or " oh, my uncle trained to be an astronaut (insert other) but didn't get the chance to go into space."

You know, CRAP like that.
I could counteract it all by lying myself but what's the point? I want the truth and people like you making shit up, only weakens your argument.
Watch the sokarul's/markjo's type jump on this bit.  ;D ^^^

Put up the videos of rocket's launching with other people watching and let's examine them.
Also rocket's on the launchpad with people standing around them and we can examine those as well.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #3191 on: September 11, 2015, 03:04:48 AM »
You people always use this clap trap of, " if everything is a lie" business.
Nobody is saying that everything is a lie and you know this. You and other's simply use this as a defence mechanism when you can't prove something, like space travel, etc.
Before I waste my time, answer this.
What do you consider reliable video/photo evidence?
If the video/photo evidence does not correspond to your beliefs, will you claim the images/videos are fake without reason?

And I have met Mark Shuttleworth where he was promoting some educational thing he does in RSA.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3192 on: September 11, 2015, 03:13:20 AM »
Mark Shuttleworth knows how to rip off an OS.  I don't see how that makes him an expert in anything other than OSs. 

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #3193 on: September 11, 2015, 03:23:37 AM »
Mark Shuttleworth knows how to rip off an OS.  I don't see how that makes him an expert in anything other than OSs. 
Are you making an argument? Because I just see an unrelated random statement. Or did you accidentally post in the wrong thread?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #3194 on: September 11, 2015, 11:39:24 AM »
I have comprehensively destroyed the entire concept of powered 'space-vehicles' in this thread.

There is no established physics or engineering that supports their functioning as claimed.

It's over...

Now; you liars claim the ISS is visible through a telescope; I say it is merely a light in the sky...

But if it is not the ISS, what then is the true nature of that light in the sky?

Opinions please, criminals...
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
« Reply #3195 on: September 11, 2015, 12:52:47 PM »
I have comprehensively destroyed the entire concept of powered 'space-vehicles' in this thread.

There is no established physics or engineering that supports their functioning as claimed.

It's over...

Now; you liars claim the ISS is visible through a telescope; I say it is merely a light in the sky...

But if it is not the ISS, what then is the true nature of that light in the sky?

Actually, you haven't destroyed anything at all, unless your simple denial of all the photographic/video evidence is part of your so-called argument/proof.

Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3196 on: September 11, 2015, 01:02:45 PM »
LOL!!!

Read the thread & get back to me, retard; but don't expect me to mistake mere Images - no matter how full of Sound & Fury -  for Reality...

What is wrong with you?

Anyhow; if the ISS is NOT what it is claimed to be, how do we then explain the light in the sky that we see pass overhead?

Answers please, criminals...

chtwrone

« Reply #3197 on: September 11, 2015, 01:14:51 PM »
This data seems pretty solid to me.

How would you know?

You're NOT a scientist, remember?

So you're opinion is worth no more than my own, is it?

& my opinion is that the data MUST be fraudulent because no physics can support the existence of a 3,000 tonne rocket capable of travelling 480,000 miles through a vacuum to the moon & back.

This entire thread supports that opinion; I have taken you on one after the other & beat you every single time.

Everyone knows this; so suck them rotten eggs, losers...

More ignorant claptrap from a FEer.

You obviously don't know much about rocket science do you, lol.  You actually think the WHOLE rocket went to the moon and back?  After leaving earth's orbit, the only part of the whole assembly to make the journey to the moon was the command service module and lunar module (1st picture below). Because they had already achieved escape velocity out of earth's orbit, the CSM/LEM combination was coasting all the way to the moon, without any need to have their engines on. Once they got to the moon, the command service module stayed in lunar orbit, whilst the lunar module descended to the lunar surface.  After the lunar exploration part of the mission is complete, the lunar module ascends back into orbit and docks with the command service module. The return journey back to earth is completed with only the command service module and the lunar module is discarded (second picture below). And once they had achieved escape velocity from the lunar orbit, they were once again only coasting back to earth without any need for their engines to be on.

I love putting you FEers back into place - factual information is like Kryptonite to you ignorant fools.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3198 on: September 11, 2015, 01:27:04 PM »

Your whole argument falls at the first hurdle, Mhtwrone.

Because I am NOT a 'flat earther'; everyone know this.

The rest of your giant shitpost has been answered elsewhere in this thread; again, everyone knows this, too...

SO READ IT, IDIOT.

&, of course, like the good criminal you are, you totally avoided my question, to whit:

If the light in the sky we see is NOT the ISS, what then could it be?

chtwrone

« Reply #3199 on: September 11, 2015, 01:27:18 PM »
LOL!!!

Read the thread & get back to me, retard; but don't expect me to mistake mere Images - no matter how full of Sound & Fury -  for Reality...

What is wrong with you?

Anyhow; if the ISS is NOT what it is claimed to be, how do we then explain the light in the sky that we see pass overhead?

What's the point in answering the question, when the question being asked in hypothetical BS. 

The ISS is orbiting earth, which obviously means we can see the ISS when it's overhead at the correct time, according to well published and documented schedules.  The only people claiming that the light we see pass overhead isn't the ISS are fools such as yourself.  Actually, it's possible to photograph the ISS from the earth's surface, as the picture below demonstrates - oh how you people must hate evidence such as this.

Click on the link below for more information about the pictures that can be taken from earth of the ISS.

http://weinterrupt.com/2009/03/the-international-space-station-as-seen-from-earth/

chtwrone

« Reply #3200 on: September 11, 2015, 01:37:05 PM »

Your whole argument falls at the first hurdle, Mhtwrone.

Because I am NOT a 'flat earther'; everyone know this.

The rest of your giant shitpost has been answered elsewhere in this thread; again, everyone knows this, too...

SO READ IT, IDIOT.

&, of course, like the good criminal you are, you totally avoided my question, to whit:

If the light in the sky we see is NOT the ISS, what then could it be?

You seem to think that your ignorant opinion is some sort of argument against the supposed faked NASA missions.

Don't you realise that YOUR ignorant opinion holds no weight in this debate?

You NEVER present any factual information as to why all the pictures/videos are fake, and you expect your ignorant rants to sway people to your way of thinking?

Like I've said previously,   YOU ARE JUST AN IGNORANT AND DELUSIONAL FOOL.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3201 on: September 11, 2015, 01:45:33 PM »
LOL!!!

Click on the link above for lies, malware & fail.

STFU & answer the question, criminal...

Last chance.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #3202 on: September 11, 2015, 02:10:20 PM »

It's over...
lol

Space flight is real.

lol

PooPoo Lolgba is a moranic retart.

lol

I have comprehensively destroyed your argument. 

It's over...

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3203 on: September 11, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »
Stop telling people they cannot read, psychotic thought-police.

There are no established physics or engineering that support their functioning as claimed.

It's over...

chtwrone

« Reply #3204 on: September 11, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »
Stop telling people they cannot read, psychotic thought-police.

There are no established physics or engineering that support their functioning as claimed.

It's over...

But the light in the sky IS the International Space Station, which makes your 'what is the true nature of that light' question

COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

You say you've destroyed the concept of powered space vehicles?  Actually, you haven't done anything of the sort.
Your pathetically ignorant rants are just a joke, and have only served to illustrate what an ingnorant fool you are.

If you want some FACTS about powered space vehicles, then click on the following link which explains in great detail how and why the Saturn V rocket was able to lift itself and its payload into earth's orbit - it's a great read, one you should take the time to read too - but of course you won't because it will destroy your mythical NASA conspiracy theory to pieces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_V

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:54:54 PM by chtwrone »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3205 on: September 11, 2015, 03:02:23 PM »
Do you have an Imagination, psychotic thought-policeman?

If so, try using it...

Just to humour me, like!

So; you liars claim the ISS is visible through a telescope; I say it is merely a light in the sky...

chtwrone

« Reply #3206 on: September 11, 2015, 03:09:29 PM »
Do you have an Imagination, psychotic thought-policeman?

If so, try using it...

Just to humour me, like!

So; you liars claim the ISS is visible through a telescope; I say it is merely a light in the sky...

What a beautiful picture of an ACTUAL Saturn V rocket launch - what's fake about this picture?  Can't wait for someone to tell us, lol.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3207 on: September 11, 2015, 03:18:12 PM »
Images are not reality, psycho.

Anyhow; you liars claim the ISS is visible through a telescope; I say it is merely a light in the sky...

[/quote]

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #3208 on: September 11, 2015, 03:20:27 PM »
LOL!!!

What is wrong with you?

What's the point in answering the question, when the question being asked in hypothetical BS. 

The ISS is orbiting earth, which obviously means we can see the ISS when it's overhead at the correct time, according to well published and documented schedules.  The only people claiming that the light we see pass overhead isn't the ISS are fools such as yourself.  Actually, it's possible to photograph the ISS from the earth's surface, as the picture below demonstrates - oh how you people must hate evidence such as this.

Click on the link below for more information about the pictures that can be taken from earth of the ISS.

http://weinterrupt.com/2009/03/the-international-space-station-as-seen-from-earth/

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3209 on: September 11, 2015, 03:23:43 PM »
Images are not reality, psycho.

What are you so scared of?

Anyhow; you liars claim the ISS is visible through a telescope; I say it is merely a light in the sky...