It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies
?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #2940 on: August 31, 2015, 01:18:35 AM »
LOL!!!

But it DOES imply that the Saturn V could not achieve orbit without also achieving escape velocity.

Logic's not your strong suit, is it, criminal?

We've already established that...

Anyhow; this is post 19; just get on with turning the page & trying to close the chapter on the appalling cluster-f**k of lulz & fail you've created here, which you are desperately trying to bluff your way out of with sheer chutzpah...

Just LMFAO - at YOU!!!
It does not imply anywhere that Saturn V could not achieve orbit without also achieving escape velocity. You posted the quote yourself and nowhere do I see the name Saturn V.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #2941 on: August 31, 2015, 01:36:13 AM »
LOL!!!

You've turned the page now, criminal; you can give up on your ritualistic self-humiliation.

Neutrals should take a look at what these crackpots were saying on the previous three pages if they want a good laugh though; mainframes went full retard & it was hilarious!

In the meantime, I shall move serenely on...

I have stated in the threads about the silly fake ISS that the light-in-the-sky the criminals all insist is a manned space-station (lol!) could well be a trackable near-earth object, such as a large meteor or similar naturally-occuring space-debris.

Well; the criminals were strangely silent on the subject, so I did some research & discovered hoax & lols aplenty...

We'll get to them later, but first I must ask; could the light-in-the-sky be a naturally-occuring trackable n.e.o.?

If not, why not?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2942 on: August 31, 2015, 01:40:33 AM »
Are we still on this escape velocity thing?  I already provided you with evidence from NASA.  Well, if you are calling NASA liars, then here is the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.

The J-2 engine is reignited to propel the spacecraft into translunar trajectory (speed of 24,500 mph) before finally being discarded.

That works out to 10.95 km/s.  So, what is the escape velocity for a rocket?

a rocket launched tangentially from the Earth's equator to the east requires an initial velocity of about 10.735 km/s relative to Earth to escape

::)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2943 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:24 AM »
I just checked out the Encyclopedia Brittanica & that also unambiguously states the phony Saturn V achieved escape velocity...

Okay, jroa; there's clearly plenty of LOLs left in this subject; the silly fake light-in-the-sky ISS can wait for now.

Over to you, tin-foil hatted conspiratards mainframes & master_b8r...

LOL!!!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2944 on: August 31, 2015, 02:47:50 AM »
Are we still on this escape velocity thing?  I already provided you with evidence from NASA.  Well, if you are calling NASA liars, then here is the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.

The J-2 engine is reignited to propel the spacecraft into translunar trajectory (speed of 24,500 mph) before finally being discarded.

That works out to 10.95 km/s.  So, what is the escape velocity for a rocket?

a rocket launched tangentially from the Earth's equator to the east requires an initial velocity of about 10.735 km/s relative to Earth to escape

::)

You are getting somewhere. But according to wikipedia the velocity the J-2 achieved relative to earth was 10.4 km/s:
Quote from: [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-lunar_injection
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-lunar_injection[/url]]For the Apollo lunar missions, the restartable J-2 engine in the third (S-IVB) stage of the Saturn V rocket performed TLI. This particular TLI burn lasted approximately 350 seconds, providing 3.05 to 3.25 km/s (10,000 to 10,600 ft/s) of delta-v, at which point the spacecraft was traveling at approximately 10.4 km/s (34150 ft/s) relative to the Earth.

So we have 2 sources that states different velocities.

Therefore, I have found another source that agrees with my source:
http://web.archive.org/web/20041118103812/http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4029/Apollo_1824_Translunar_Injection.htm
And it happens to be a chart of all Apollo (Using Saturn-V) missions' translunar injection profiles. Notice that the velocities are all roughly 34,200 feet per second, which translates to 10.4 km/s.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2945 on: August 31, 2015, 02:54:37 AM »
Also, wikipedia states that escape velocity from LEO is roughly 10.9 km/s, and so does a few other sources.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2946 on: August 31, 2015, 03:16:02 AM »
You are getting somewhere.

Indeed he is, psychopath...

But YOU aren't; not unless the writers of the Encyclopedia Britanicca are WRONG & you know more about the Saturn V than them, that is...

So; ARE the writers of the Encyclopedia Britanicca WRONG, master_b8r?

& DO you know more about the Saturn V than them?

There is no other Logical Conclusion to be drawn; so either answer honestly or be dismissed.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2947 on: August 31, 2015, 03:28:11 AM »
You are getting somewhere.

Indeed he is, psychopath...

But YOU aren't; not unless the writers of the Encyclopedia Britanicca are WRONG & you know more about the Saturn V than them, that is...

So; ARE the writers of the Encyclopedia Britanicca WRONG, master_b8r?

& DO you know more about the Saturn V than them?

There is no other Logical Conclusion to be drawn; so either answer honestly or be dismissed.

Quote please. Maybe YOU are MISUNDERSTANDING or IGNORANT?

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2948 on: August 31, 2015, 03:34:19 AM »
LOL!!!

Yeah, right; like you can't google 'www.britannica.com Saturn V escape velocity'.

Everyone else can, though; & they will all see that you are the 'misunderstanding & ignorant' one.

Deliberately so, too; thus you are dismissed as a Liar.

Goodbye!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2949 on: August 31, 2015, 03:46:45 AM »
BTW, if any neutrals are wondering what this is all about, 3 pages ago mainframes made the following ludicrously fallacious comment & he, mikeman & master_b8r have all been desperately trying to justify it since, even though wikipedia, The Smithsonian, Encyclopedia Britannica & even NASA all disagree with them.

Papa - the Saturn V never reaches escape velocity .

They are all clearly Insane, but it's been mighty LOL watching them all squirm.

I must also note that mainframes used the present tense about a machine that has not been in use for over 40 years; he's a hopeless case, really...

LOL!!!

« Reply #2950 on: August 31, 2015, 04:21:49 AM »
Papa - we were clearly talking about the flight from the ground into low earth orbit as we were discussing the velocity profile vs altitude profile to compare the likely frictional heating from the air.

Either way the Saturn V still doesn't reach escape velocity even in the trans lunar injection. How do we know this? Because the TLI was designed to intersect the lunar orbit at locus of the elliptical orbit established by the TLI.

Earth escape velocity from low earth orbit = 10.9 km/s
Trans Lunar Injection velocity post burn = 10.4km/s

And if you are reduced to nitpicking my use of present tense then you really do have no real argument.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2951 on: August 31, 2015, 05:16:27 AM »
Also, wikipedia states that escape velocity from LEO is roughly 10.9 km/s, and so does a few other sources.

I just showed a claim by the Smithsonian that the Saturn V reached a speed of 10.95 km/s.  Now, you are saying that the escape velocity from LEO is 10.9 km/s.  Are you trying to help me?  You just stated that it was going fast enough for escape velocity.  ;D

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2952 on: August 31, 2015, 05:23:36 AM »

I just showed a claim by the Smithsonian that the Saturn V reached a speed of 10.95 km/s.  Now, you are saying that the escape velocity from LEO is 10.9 km/s.  Are you trying to help me?  You just stated that it was going fast enough for escape velocity.  ;D

the velocity the J-2 achieved relative to earth was 10.4 km/s

Learn to read (AGAIN!)

Another source:
[url]http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4029/Apollo_18-24_Translunar_Injection.htm[/url

Also, the LEO escape velocity differs kinda greatly depending on where you are within the LEO parameters.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2953 on: August 31, 2015, 05:27:11 AM »
the Saturn V still doesn't reach escape velocity...

So; the Encyclopedia Britannica, wikipedia, the Smithsonian & NASA themselves are all WRONG, whilst you, the Mighty Mainframes, are RIGHT?

LOL!!!

You can keep repeating yourself as long as you like, but you really should bear in mind that every single neutral out there will by now have googled 'Saturn V escape velocity' & be wondering wtf is wrong with your brain, Mr. tin-foil-hat nut-job...

As for me, I've always known you are utterly full of s**t; so all I will add is: LMFAO - at YOU!!!

Anyhoo; wanna talk about the ISS & naturally-occuring trackable n.e.o's yet?

It's a lulzy subject, I promise...

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2954 on: August 31, 2015, 05:31:31 AM »
Papa just got the shit kicked out of him. I'm surprised he would even show is face again.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2955 on: August 31, 2015, 05:46:58 AM »
LOL!!!

Yeah; me, jroa, the Smithsonian, wikipedia, the Encyclopedia Britannica & NASA: we ALL got our asses kicked bad, didn't we?!?

You are just hilarious, sulky little psycho sock-arul; this subject gets better & better...

ROFLMFAO!!!

Btw; the Saturn V was a total Fake & couldn't possibly function as claimed...

So all this 'escape velocity' bollocks is moot anyway.

Just fyi, criminals...

When you're ready to discuss the ISS & trackable, naturally-occurring n.e.o's let me know.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2956 on: August 31, 2015, 05:54:09 AM »

the velocity the J-2 achieved relative to earth was 10.4 km/s

Learn to read (AGAIN!)

Another source:
[url]http://history.nasa.gov/SP-4029/Apollo_18-24_Translunar_Injection.htm[/url

Also, the LEO escape velocity differs kinda greatly depending on where you are within the LEO parameters.

I find it odd that your scientists give so many conflicting statements about what escape velocity is.  Do you find it odd?  This alone does not help your case any.

In addition, I just found a source claiming that the Saturn V was in fact in LOE for several orbits before firing the last bit of fuel to get to the moon and another source that says the velocity was 10.8 km/s on the way to the moon.  Still, another source claims that the Saturn V's velocity was slightly less than escape velocity because the gravity of the moon negated part of the required speed; which means that the escape velocity was lowered by the moon's gravity. 

It think it is time for you people to pack it up.  Admit defeat and stand straight like a man instead of a crying child stomping his feat.  It is the honorable thing to do.  :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:34:09 AM by jroa »

« Reply #2957 on: August 31, 2015, 05:58:50 AM »

So; the Encyclopedia Britannica, wikipedia, the Smithsonian & NASA themselves are all WRONG, whilst you, the Mighty Mainframes, are RIGHT?

LOL!!!

You can keep repeating yourself as long as you like, but you really should bear in mind that every single neutral out there will by now have googled 'Saturn V escape velocity' & be wondering wtf is wrong with your brain, Mr. tin-foil-hat nut-job...

As for me, I've always known you are utterly full of s**t; so all I will add is: LMFAO - at YOU!!!

From wiki:

For the Apollo lunar missions, the restartable J-2 engine in the third (S-IVB) stage of the Saturn V rocket performed TLI. This particular TLI burn lasted approximately 350 seconds, providing 3.05 to 3.25 km/s (10,000 to 10,600 ft/s) of delta-v, at which point the spacecraft was traveling at approximately 10.4 km/s (34150 ft/s) relative to the Earth.

I'm checking other sources now. The Britannica and Smithsonian sources don't even agree with each other at 24,500 and 25,000mph.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:32:12 AM by jroa »
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2958 on: August 31, 2015, 06:02:47 AM »
LOL!!!

Yeah; me, jroa, the Smithsonian, wikipedia, the Encyclopedia Britannica & NASA: we ALL got our asses kicked bad, didn't we?!?

You are just hilarious, sulky little psycho sock-arul; this subject gets better & better...

ROFLMFAO!!!

Btw; the Saturn V was a total Fake & couldn't possibly function as claimed...

So all this 'escape velocity' bollocks is moot anyway.

Just fyi, criminals...

When you're ready to discuss the ISS & trackable, naturally-occurring n.e.o's let me know.

Lol

The old " I'm not smart enough so it's fake" tactic.

Lol
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2959 on: August 31, 2015, 06:10:36 AM »

LOL!!!

From wiki:

For the Apollo lunar missions, the restartable J-2 engine in the third (S-IVB) stage of the Saturn V rocket performed TLI. This particular TLI burn lasted approximately 350 seconds, providing 3.05 to 3.25 km/s (10,000 to 10,600 ft/s) of delta-v, at which point the spacecraft was traveling at approximately 10.4 km/s (34150 ft/s) relative to the Earth.

I'm checking other sources now. The Britannica and Smithsonian sources don't even agree with each other at 24,500 and 25,000mph.

"Relative to the Earth"  How fast was the Earth spinning back then? 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:31:03 AM by jroa »

« Reply #2960 on: August 31, 2015, 06:27:41 AM »
Just a quick interjection buts let's clear one thing up right now.

You do not need to reach escape velocity to reach the moon. You are not escaping earths gravity at any point. Escape velocity is what is required to exactly reach infinite distance and describes a parabola. The orbit to reach the moon was an eccentric elliptical orbit.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2961 on: August 31, 2015, 06:33:08 AM »
Relative to earth means setting the earth's velocity to zero. It does not mean add rotational velocity.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2962 on: August 31, 2015, 06:37:29 AM »
Relative to earth means setting the earth's velocity to zero. It does not mean add rotational velocity.

Maybe you are right, but the Earth is still moving around the sun according to your satanic NASA scientists, or are you saying it did not do that back in the 60s?  Or, maybe you do not understand what the term 'relative speed' means in physics? 

« Reply #2963 on: August 31, 2015, 06:47:08 AM »

Maybe you are right, but the Earth is still moving around the sun according to your satanic NASA scientists, or are you saying it did not do that back in the 60s?  Or, maybe you do not understand what the term 'relative speed' means in physics?

Yes, the earth is still moving round the sun. That's why we use the term relative to earth as we are looking at navigating in the earth moon system. It's the same as using the speedometer on your car which is set relative to earth; you don't need to know your velocity relative to the sun to drive your car.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2964 on: August 31, 2015, 06:47:54 AM »
The Britannica and Smithsonian sources don't even agree with each other at 24,500 and 25,000mph.

Irrelevant.

www.britannica.com explicitly states that the Saturn V achieved the velocity needed to escape Earth's gravity.

Are THEY wrong, mainframes, or are YOU?

Any evasion will be noted by neutrals; so answer honestly...

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2965 on: August 31, 2015, 06:53:15 AM »

Yes, the earth is still moving round the sun. That's why we use the term relative to earth as we are looking at navigating in the earth moon system. It's the same as using the speedometer on your car which is set relative to earth; you don't need to know your velocity relative to the sun to drive your car.

This is what I am saying. Not quite sure why this concept is foreign to jroa.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2966 on: August 31, 2015, 06:59:57 AM »

Quick lesson for you, sokarul.  Don't worry, I will try not to confuse you with tangent and cosine and all those big words.  If something is moving, and something else is moving Relative to the first thing, then you do have to take the first thing's velocity into account in order to get the Relative velocity.  Are you sure you went to college and your minor was in physics, as you claimed?   

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2967 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:59 AM »
Well, all NASA sources I find (Those charts) agrees that the velocity achieved was 10.4 km/s. And since the Apollo missions were launched and managed by NASA they'll have the most correct figures, numbers and statistics regarding this. Your sources are secondary, and have either misunderstood NASA's reports or done some wrong. And in either case, escape velocity is not NECESSARY to reach the moon. The moon itself is not on an escape trajectory, so objects that travels to the moon doesn't need an escape trajectory themselves. And the Saturn V does never reach these velocities whilst in the thicker part of the atmosphere.

When in doubt; sources!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2968 on: August 31, 2015, 07:07:30 AM »
Did you subtract the moon's effects on a space ship traveling to it from Earth to figure the correct escape velocity?  Because the sources everyone lists is the escape velocity assuming that no other gravitational forces are present.  Perhaps your satanic scientists do not do that either, that is why their calculations for escape velocity are all over the place?  You people act like science is an exact, well, an exact science, yet your scientists all give different information.  ::)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2969 on: August 31, 2015, 07:07:54 AM »

Sokarul,   watch out,  jroa is playing semantic games again,   the rotation of the earth is actually a factor that is taken into account when choosing launch sites and orbits.  That's why launch sites are as close to the equator as practicable.   You are of course correct that escape velocity is relative to Earth.   And the motion of the earth around the sun doesn't come into it, since our velocities are relative to earth, not the sun.

Just jroa, trying to score cheap points with inane logic,  and missing the big picture.   

PS.  Just to clarify, if you are describing an interplanetary mission,  then the velocity of the earth around the sun,  does in fact come into the calculations and timing of the launch becomes critical.   
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:12:52 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.