It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies
?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #2910 on: August 30, 2015, 12:15:41 AM »
The sun is also in orbit around the galactic core and the Galaxy around the local cluster.

Yes; we already know you have created a Strange Loop to hide from your Lies in, mainframes...

Well done; shilling 101!

Well, since you went there first it makes you the shill, according to yourself.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #2911 on: August 30, 2015, 12:27:19 AM »
LOL!!!

& the strange loops continue!

Mainframes; Mikeman; Master_b8r; all names beginning with 'M'...

Sock-puppet fiasco!

Listen; mainframes said that the Saturn V never reaches escape velocity.

I wanted to know how, if this is so, it gained enough VELOCITY to ESCAPE Earth orbit & enter Lunar orbit?

Mainframes then said that when in orbit around the Moon, the Saturn V was still in fact in orbit round the Earth.

He is an Idiot & a Liar & this part of the debate is OVER.

Now STFU.

& LOL!!!

I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #2912 on: August 30, 2015, 12:44:27 AM »
Papa - the moon is in orbit around the earth and so the Saturn V has never left Earth orbit.

You still clearly don't know what escape velocity is.....
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2913 on: August 30, 2015, 01:45:52 AM »
Papa - the moon is in orbit around the earth and so the Saturn V has never left Earth orbit.

Actually, the fact that it was orbiting means that it reached escape velocity.

If an object attains escape velocity, but is not directed straight away from the planet, then it will follow a curved path... this object's speed at any point in the orbit will be equal to the escape velocity at that point

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2914 on: August 30, 2015, 02:36:13 AM »

If an object attains escape velocity, but is not directed straight away from the planet, then it will follow a curved path... this object's speed at any point in the orbit will be equal to the escape velocity at that point

I will let you try to figure out your mistake yourself...  ;)

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #2915 on: August 30, 2015, 02:44:48 AM »

The fact that the object is in orbit actually proves that it hasn't reached escape velocity.....
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2916 on: August 30, 2015, 02:50:32 AM »
Master_b8r just made THREE useless posts in FIVE minutes on 'flat earth general' alone...

LOL!!!

Spam-bot detected.

Mikeman does the same btw...

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2917 on: August 30, 2015, 02:57:48 AM »

The fact that the object is in orbit actually proves that it hasn't reached escape velocity.....

I wish you roundies would actually try to learn something about your own theories.  Here is the definition of Escape Velocity, straight from NASA's own .gov website.  Perhaps you are going to start calling your own space scientists liars now?

escape velocity is, by definition, that velocity required at a given location to establish a parabolic orbit.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2918 on: August 30, 2015, 03:14:02 AM »

I wish you roundies would actually try to learn something about your own theories.  Here is the definition of Escape Velocity, straight from NASA's own .gov website.  Perhaps you are going to start calling your own space scientists liars now?

escape velocity is, by definition, that velocity required at a given location to establish a parabolic orbit.

Do you know what type of orbit that the moon has?

When in doubt; sources!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2919 on: August 30, 2015, 05:28:35 AM »
How old are you again, mikeman?

As of today I am 18.
Youy didn't expect Papa to call you out right now, did you.  ;D

18 years of age folks. Let's wish Mikeman a happy coming of age birthday; one he nearly forgot about until Papa reminded him .  ;D

Anyway...what does Mikeman do on his special birthday. His 18th birthday where the cheese is mature?
He comes to the flat Earth society forum and spends more hours arguing against free thinkers and making sure world indoctrinated so called  belief's are adhered to.

Most young mormons are on a missionary mission but Mikeman is on internet forum guard duty, making sure that people who look in are quickly pushed away from thinking for themselves.

Happy eighte......happy twen....happy thirt.....happy fort.....happy fif. ...oh bollocks. Happy birthday for whenever it is and however old you are in reality, Mikeman.  ;D

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2920 on: August 30, 2015, 05:44:57 AM »

According to your satanic NASA scientists, it has a tidal locked orbit.  Why do you ask? 

« Reply #2921 on: August 30, 2015, 05:56:15 AM »

Apologies. Typically when we talk about an orbit we are describing an orbit with an eccentricity of less than 1 in which the orbiting object will follow an elliptical shaped orbit. It is the orbit that all planets, moons and satellites follow.

A parabolic orbit is rather different as its eccentricity is exactly 1 and this means that the end of the orbital path reaches infinity, meaning the object effectively never returns hence the name escape velocity.

The fact remains that the Saturn V does not reach escape velocity meaning Papas velocity assumption is incorrect. The Saturn V reaches hypersonic velocities at far higher altitudes than the SR-71, with air densities being so low that frictional heating effects do not cause any issues.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2922 on: August 30, 2015, 06:07:08 AM »

According to your satanic NASA scientists, it has a tidal locked orbit.  Why do you ask?

I can tell you that it starts with elliptical and ends with orbit. And I can also tell you it doesn't begin with parabolic.

When in doubt; sources!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2923 on: August 30, 2015, 06:17:51 AM »
Apologies. Typically when we talk about an orbit we are describing an orbit with an eccentricity of less than 1 in which the orbiting object will follow an elliptical shaped orbit. It is the orbit that all planets, moons and satellites follow.

A parabolic orbit is rather different as its eccentricity is exactly 1 and this means that the end of the orbital path reaches infinity, meaning the object effectively never returns hence the name escape velocity.

The fact remains that the Saturn V does not reach escape velocity meaning Papas velocity assumption is incorrect. The Saturn V reaches hypersonic velocities at far higher altitudes than the SR-71, with air densities being so low that frictional heating effects do not cause any issues.

Perhaps you are confusing escape velocity with escape orbit? 

« Reply #2924 on: August 30, 2015, 06:57:48 AM »
No Jroa, unlike you I actually know what I'm talking about.

Escape velocity is the velocity required to establish a parabolic orbit, which will allow an object to reach an infinite distance to earth. At escape velocity the object will have kinetic energy exactly equal and opposite to the gravitational potential energy.

The term orbit used by the layperson is an elliptical orbit.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2925 on: August 30, 2015, 07:00:46 AM »

Yes, mainframes; YOU'RE right, whilst myself, jroa, wikipedia & even bloody NASA are all WRONG.

Nothing to see here; move along, frantic & demented Thought-Policeman at work!

You have completely lost it today, mainframes; & it is very, very LOL indeed!!!

« Reply #2926 on: August 30, 2015, 08:33:35 AM »
No it's simple as the fact that Jroa and Papa don't understand the difference between the velocity required for a standard orbit and that required to achieve escape velocity.

For example:

Low earth orbit velocity is approx 7km/s
Earth escape velocity is approx 11km/s

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2927 on: August 30, 2015, 08:40:33 AM »
No it's simple as the fact that Jroa and Papa don't understand the difference between the velocity required for a standard orbit and that required to achieve escape velocity.

For example:

You forgot to list all the other orbital velocities that the lying satanists at NASA claim.  This is so funny watching you guys pull your pats up while frothing at the mouth.  Have you ever considered that you might have a mental malfunction? 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2929 on: August 30, 2015, 09:16:15 AM »

« Reply #2930 on: August 30, 2015, 09:18:55 AM »

For example:

You forgot to list all the other orbital velocities that the lying satanists at NASA claim.  This is so funny watching you guys pull your pats up while frothing at the mouth.  Have you ever considered that you might have a mental malfunction? 

Says the person who lives so far out from reality that he couldn't recognise fact and truth if they slapped him in the face.

There are a million different types of orbital velocity that could be listed. I chose the two that were pertinent to our conversation to differentiate between escape velocity and what you thought was escape velocity but was in fact low earth orbit velocity.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2931 on: August 30, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »
There are a million different types of orbital velocity that could be listed. I chose the two that were pertinent to our conversation to differentiate between escape velocity and what you thought was escape velocity but was in fact low earth orbit velocity.

So; the Saturn V stayed in low earth orbit instead of going to the Moon?

F**king tinfoil-hat conspiracy theorist!

« Reply #2932 on: August 30, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »

Papa - we were discussing the velocity that a Saturn V would be travelling through the atmosphere to compare to the velocity and altitude of the SR-71. It stands to reason that this velocity would be somewhere between zero and low earth orbit velocity. The whole point was to correct Papa who believed it was between zero and escape velocity. Either way the Saturn V is at a much higher altitude and a far lower air density when travelling at the same speed as the SR-71 and therefore does not suffer from frictional heating.

I never said Saturn V stayed in low earth orbit but the discussion at hand was related to the flight up to earth orbit insertion. The Saturn V is held in this orbit for a period before the burn for trans lunar injection. At this point the velocity through the atmosphere does not matter because the Saturn V had already left the atmosphere.

And if you want to discuss trans lunar injection then the burn simply increases the elliptical orbit such that the loci is at same distance as the lunar orbit radius so the spacecraft intercepts the moon as it travels in orbit around the earth. The space craft still has not achieved escape velocity from earth.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2933 on: August 30, 2015, 02:07:51 PM »

For example:

Says the person who lives so far out from reality that he couldn't recognise fact and truth if they slapped him in the face.

Oh, so now there are a baggillion of them?  I gave up looking it up when your own scientists could not figure out the difference between velocity and speed.  They are supposed to be learned, but use the two terms interchangeably, apparently.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2934 on: August 30, 2015, 03:41:51 PM »

The Moon is in orbit of the Earth, and therefore you never have to leave orbit to get to it.  I don't see what's so hard to understand here.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2935 on: August 30, 2015, 11:46:30 PM »
The space craft still has not achieved escape velocity from earth.

Well, both wikipedia & NASA disagree with you, so why don't you f**k off & argue the toss with THEM, you pompous, puffed-up Lying toad?

& despite all your disruptive Lies, the Saturn V is STILL a lashed-up mild steel & sheet aluminium farce-machine that would be torn to bits by atmospheric drag & heat-friction/compression, IF it could even get off the launch-pad...

Which it COULDN'T, cos it allegedly weighed 3,000 tonnes ffs & NO rocket, or ANY other kind of flying machine, that heavy can possibly get off the ground.

EVER.

So take your all phantasmagorical sci-fi space-nonsense & give it a 'trans-lunar injection' right up your whacked-out jacksy, crackpot!

LMFAO - at tinfoil-hatted YOU!!!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2936 on: August 30, 2015, 11:53:47 PM »
The space craft still has not achieved escape velocity from earth.

Well, both wikipedia & NASA disagree with you, so why don't you f**k off & argue the toss with THEM, you pompous, puffed-up Lying toad?

& despite all your disruptive Lies, the Saturn V is STILL a lashed-up mild steel & sheet aluminium farce-machine that would be torn to bits by atmospheric drag & heat-friction/compression, IF it could even get off the launch-pad...

Which it COULDN'T, cos it allegedly weighed 3,000 tonnes ffs & NO rocket, or ANY other kind of flying machine, that heavy can possibly get off the ground.

EVER.

So take your all phantasmagorical sci-fi space-nonsense & give it a 'trans-lunar injection' right up your whacked-out jacksy, crackpot!

LMFAO - at tinfoil-hatted YOU!!!

Neither Wikipedia or NASA states that Saturn-V has reached escape velocity. Stop lying trolling shill.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2937 on: August 31, 2015, 12:11:40 AM »

Wow - master_b8r's going hard-core with the Lying now!

None of this escape-velocity clap-trap affects the Fact that the Saturn V was a lashed-up Fake, incapable of even taking-off, mind...

But as long as you criminals divert from that vital Fact you don't care how deranged you look, do you?

LOL!!!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2938 on: August 31, 2015, 12:14:06 AM »

Wow - master_b8r's going hard-core with the Lying now!

None of this escape-velocity clap-trap affects the Fact that the Saturn V was a lashed-up Fake, incapable of even taking-off, mind...

But as long as you criminals divert from that vital Fact you don't care how deranged you look, do you?

LOL!!!

See? Nowhere does it says that Saturn-V reached escape velocity, troll.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2939 on: August 31, 2015, 12:41:42 AM »
LOL!!!

But it DOES imply that the Saturn V could not achieve orbit without also achieving escape velocity.

Logic's not your strong suit, is it, criminal?

We've already established that...

Anyhow; this is post 19; just get on with turning the page & trying to close the chapter on the appalling cluster-f**k of lulz & fail you've created here, which you are desperately trying to bluff your way out of with sheer chutzpah...

Just LMFAO - at YOU!!!