It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #2790 on: August 27, 2015, 03:03:05 AM »
The fact is that NASA has a Duty Of Care towards members of the public who PAY for its tours.
It does.  It doesn't allow the tourists to handle the cubes until the person giving the demo proves that the cube is safe to handle by handling it first.  I'm sorry if that concept is too difficult for you to grasp, but I really don't know how to make it any more clear.

Let us say you shills are right, and the heat energy is concentrated in the middle and the edges are room temperature.  The fact that it is glowing in the center means that energy is radiating away from the center.  The people would be putting their hands just inches away from Radiant Energy, markjo.  You do realize that this is the way pizzas are baked, do you not?  So, please explain how the magic energy is radiated in the form of light, but not heat, markjo?

Electric bulbs radiate a huge amount of light but don't radiate a lot of heat. Heat is only radiated if the wavelength falls in the IR part of the EM spectrum. Even the old incandescent bulbs, whilst hot to touch, didn't radiate huge levels of heat from their surface.

Pizza ovens and other electric heaters radiate mainly in the IR spectrum, which is why they ten to appear red as some EM creeps into the visible red part of the spectrum.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2791 on: August 27, 2015, 05:32:21 AM »
The fact is that NASA has a Duty Of Care towards members of the public who PAY for its tours.
It does.  It doesn't allow the tourists to handle the cubes until the person giving the demo proves that the cube is safe to handle by handling it first.  I'm sorry if that concept is too difficult for you to grasp, but I really don't know how to make it any more clear.

Let us say you shills are right, and the heat energy is concentrated in the middle and the edges are room temperature.  The fact that it is glowing in the center means that energy is radiating away from the center.  The people would be putting their hands just inches away from Radiant Energy, markjo.  You do realize that this is the way pizzas are baked, do you not?  So, please explain how the magic energy is radiated in the form of light, but not heat, markjo?
I'm sorry, but do you not understand the concept of heat transfer as it relates to thermal insulation?  Because of its large surface area, the edges radiate their heat very quickly.  However, because because of silica's poor thermal conductivity and the abundance of dead air (a very good insulator), the heat inside the cube radiates very slowly.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2792 on: August 27, 2015, 08:25:54 AM »

I'm sorry, but do you not understand the concept of heat transfer as it relates to thermal insulation?  Because of its large surface area, the edges radiate their heat very quickly.  However, because because of silica's poor thermal conductivity and the abundance of dead air (a very good insulator), the heat inside the cube radiates very slowly.

You are describing thermal conductivity.  I am discussing radiant energy transfer, markjo.  ::)  We can discuss convection as well, but there is obviously radiant energy because you can see it in the video. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2793 on: August 27, 2015, 09:35:23 AM »

You are describing thermal conductivity.  I am discussing radiant energy transfer, markjo.  ::)  We can discuss convection as well, but there is obviously radiant energy because you can see it in the video.
Visible light and heat (infrared) are different wavelengths and radiate at different rates through different materials.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2794 on: August 27, 2015, 09:47:16 AM »

Visible light and heat (infrared) are different wavelengths and radiate at different rates through different materials.

When visible light is present from something that is hot, infrared light is as well, markjo.  Or, maybe you are claiming that the tile is lit using LEDs, lol. 

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2795 on: August 27, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »

When visible light is present from something that is hot, infrared light is as well, markjo.  Or, maybe you are claiming that the tile is lit using LEDs, lol.

The infrared light is very weak (Very few photons). You don't get grilled by sitting close to a campfire.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2796 on: August 27, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »

The infrared light is very weak (Very few photons). You don't get grilled by sitting close to a campfire.

A campfire is a fraction of the temperature of the tile.  Please, try again.  :-\

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2797 on: August 27, 2015, 10:40:06 AM »

A campfire is a fraction of the temperature of the tile.  Please, try again.  :-\

The corners are a fraction of the temperature of a campfire. Please, use your brain.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2798 on: August 27, 2015, 11:06:57 AM »

The corners are a fraction of the temperature of a campfire. Please, use your brain.

The inner part, just inches from their fingers, is still radiating lots of energy.  Think yourself.  ::)

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2799 on: August 27, 2015, 11:13:35 AM »
The inner part, just inches from their fingers, is still radiating lots of energy.  Think yourself.  ::)

But there is a highly effective insulator between their fingers and the hot part.  It's like taking a really hot tray out of the oven with oven mits, the mits are insulators so you don't get burned.

Think yourself ::)
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2800 on: August 27, 2015, 11:30:24 AM »

Yes, and there is some very good insulation between the inner glowing part and the outer not glowing part where your fingers go.  You do understand that insulation works against radiant heat, don't you?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2801 on: August 27, 2015, 11:38:57 AM »

But there is a highly effective insulator between their fingers and the hot part.  It's like taking a really hot tray out of the oven with oven mits, the mits are insulators so you don't get burned.

If you can see light, then it is not insulating radiant energy, now is it?  Oven mitts block conductive, radiant, and to an extent, convective energy transfer.  Hold a flashlight up to an oven mitt and you will not see very much light penetrating it, because mitt is blocking it. 

Do you people even know what radiant energy is?  I feel like I am speaking to a class room full of 1st graders, or paid disinformation agents. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2802 on: August 27, 2015, 11:45:01 AM »
If you can see light, then it is not insulating radiant energy, now is it?  Oven mitts block conductive, radiant, and to an extent, convective energy transfer.  Hold a flashlight up to an oven mitt and you will not see very much light penetrating it, because mitt is blocking it. 

Do you people even know what radiant energy is?  I feel like I am speaking to a class room full of 1st graders, or paid disinformation agents.

Are the corners of the cubes glowing?  No they are not.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2803 on: August 27, 2015, 11:56:47 AM »

No, but their hand is just inches away from parts that are glowing.  Please, just stop it.  You are making your side sound dumb.  I thought you liked science? 

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2804 on: August 27, 2015, 12:00:11 PM »
Since all flat earthers seem to avoid this at all cost, no matter how stupid they make themselves look;

A guide picks up the cube in the cooled, not-glowing corners to demonstrate how to hold the cube, and as extra safety he also tells the visitors to hold the cube in the cooled non-glowing corners. The cooled non-glowing corners are not dangerous in any way, they are neither sharp, corrosive or hot. Holding a not-so-dangerous object in a completely safe and protective way is not illegal anywhere. It would be more illegal to peel potatoes, since you put your fingers in a dangerous position. The cubes are held in a responsible, safe and protected way. You can do this tour yourself, and report them if you think they are breaking any law. There is nothing more to discuss about that in this thread.

When in doubt; sources!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2805 on: August 27, 2015, 12:10:05 PM »
People only need to understand that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Simpler?

Ok. For every force applied and equal force is applied.

Simpler?

Ok, simpler. When you put something like...ermmm...a so called shuttle tile into an oven and it takes, supposedly a few hours to fully heat up to around 2000 degrees and then from this point on we are told that it loses it's heat slowly, then it has to follow logic by sight, right?

Take a look at the video. Take a look at the LARGE block. A few hours to heat through and a minute to cool, except for the glowing inner...by which time you should see the blatant bullshit with it. But...let's concentrate on those little blocks that do not burn bare hands.

Again, 2 hours top heat up to 2000 degrees. Take them out and they start to cool within seconds. But we are told they dissipate heat really slowly.
It would make sense to dissipate heat really slowly if the truth was the 2 hour heating up time, because, like I said. Action/reaction.

So if this is the case, then the corners of the blocks would not lose heat that quickly and also the glowing inner would naturally burn someone's hand extremely badly regardless of the corners being supposedly cool.

It's like telling someone to pick up a charcoal brick as the outside has spent and the inside is glowing. Just make sure you hold the edges. Yeah right. Come on for fu....fu.....Pete's sake.

Realistically what we see in that video defies the laws of action/reaction.
It has to be fake. there's no argument about it. It's fake. It's a clear con.
Papa and one or two other's have already pulled it to bits to show it's fake. I thought I'd add my bit in because people should stop being so easily led and naive with this crap.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2806 on: August 27, 2015, 12:25:11 PM »

No, but their hand is just inches away from parts that are glowing.  Please, just stop it.  You are making your side sound dumb.  I thought you liked science?
The fibers don't transfer heat well (Conduction) and the fibers have plenty of air in between to stop convection. So no, it's not a problem at all.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2807 on: August 27, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »

Since when did being inches away from a red hot object cause you to get burned?  If your hand was an inch away from red hot iron then it would be hot but it wouldn't burn you unless you touch it.

People only need to understand that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Simpler?

Ok. For every force applied and equal force is applied.

Simpler?

Ok, simpler. When you put something like...ermmm...a so called shuttle tile into an oven and it takes, supposedly a few hours to fully heat up to around 2000 degrees and then from this point on we are told that it loses it's heat slowly, then it has to follow logic by sight, right?

Take a look at the video. Take a look at the LARGE block. A few hours to heat through and a minute to cool, except for the glowing inner...by which time you should see the blatant bullshit with it. But...let's concentrate on those little blocks that do not burn bare hands.

Again, 2 hours top heat up to 2000 degrees. Take them out and they start to cool within seconds. But we are told they dissipate heat really slowly.
It would make sense to dissipate heat really slowly if the truth was the 2 hour heating up time, because, like I said. Action/reaction.

So if this is the case, then the corners of the blocks would not lose heat that quickly and also the glowing inner would naturally burn someone's hand extremely badly regardless of the corners being supposedly cool.

It's like telling someone to pick up a charcoal brick as the outside has spent and the inside is glowing. Just make sure you hold the edges. Yeah right. Come on for fu....fu.....Pete's sake.

Realistically what we see in that video defies the laws of action/reaction.
It has to be fake. there's no argument about it. It's fake. It's a clear con.
Papa and one or two other's have already pulled it to bits to show it's fake. I thought I'd add my bit in because people should stop being so easily led and naive with this crap.

Think about how the tiles would have heated up in the oven, the outside would rapidly get very hot and then the heat would slowly conduct to the center over a long time.  When taken out the tiles rapidly cool on the outside but the heat on the inside slowly conducted away.  Even when the entire surface was cool to the touch the inside of the cube was still very hot for a while.  I see no laws being broken, and you cen even take this tour yourself if you are in the area (the Thermal Protection facility in the Kennedy Space Center in Florida USA).

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2808 on: August 27, 2015, 12:43:38 PM »

The fibers don't transfer heat well (Conduction) and the fibers have plenty of air in between to stop convection. So no, it's not a problem at all.

You just skipped over the radiant part, didn't you?  Once again, if you can see light, then energy is radiating quite easily.

Since when did being inches away from a red hot object cause you to get burned?  If your hand was an inch away from red hot iron then it would be hot but it wouldn't burn you unless you touch it.

It's not like your hand warming up when getting it near the 200 degree burner on your mom's stove.  Nor is it like sitting near a campfire.  It is more than 1000 degrees.  What are you not understanding? 

Why do you people think that black smiths us long tongs to handle hot metal?  It is because if their had was close to the metal, they would quickly become burned. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2809 on: August 27, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »
It's not like your hand warming up when getting it near the 200 degree burner on your mom's stove.  Nor is it like sitting near a campfire.  It is more than 1000 degrees.  What are you not understanding? 

Why do you people think that black smiths us long tongs to handle hot metal?  It is because if their had was close to the metal, they would quickly become burned.

Just like the corners, the entire surface of the cube cooled down albeit not as much.  It is no longer 1,000 degrees.  I remind you that this is a tour that anyone can take if they are in the area.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2810 on: August 27, 2015, 01:04:07 PM »

Just like the corners, the entire surface of the cube cooled down albeit not as much.  It is no longer 1,000 degrees.  I remind you that this is a tour that anyone can take if they are in the area.

The sides have not cooled enough to not be glowing, have they?  That means radiant energy is still transferring. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2811 on: August 27, 2015, 01:08:24 PM »
The sides have not cooled enough to not be glowing, have they?  That means radiant energy is still transferring.

Yes, but the sides are clearly less then 1,000 degrees.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2812 on: August 27, 2015, 01:13:07 PM »

How can you tell the temperature just by looking at a video?  Please, tell us, oh wise learned one. 

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #2813 on: August 27, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »
Thanks, jroa; this video is by far the best source of LOLs on this thread yet.

Let's look at it again & behold the bullshit...

Purple/pink hot firebricks!

Magic cubes!

Magic tongs!

No health & safety whatsoever!

No evidence of heat refraction!

Etc!

LMFAO!!!

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2814 on: August 27, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »

Have you ever seen a clear oven mitt?

Different wavelengths of radiant energy (visible light and infrared) will radiate at different rates through the same material.  The same material may be transparent to visible light but opaque to infrared light.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2815 on: August 27, 2015, 01:31:04 PM »
None of the tourists in the video are wearing oven mitts, markjo.

Or any form of p.p.e. to protect against 2200C heat whatsoever...

So STFU about them, shill.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2816 on: August 27, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »

How can you tell the temperature just by looking at a video?  Please, tell us, oh wise learned one.

The fact that they didn't burn their hands. Remember that this is a tour, so anyone in the vicinity can go there, get on the tour and pick up the cubes themselves. And the video was not made by NASA anyways, but by a visitor.

When in doubt; sources!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2817 on: August 27, 2015, 01:38:16 PM »

http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/bubble-wrap-oven-mitt-2.jpg

Have you ever seen a clear oven mitt?

Different wavelengths of radiant energy (visible light and infrared) will radiate at different rates through the same material.  The same material may be transparent to visible light but opaque to infrared light.

lol, markjo.  This cookie sheet is not exactly glowing hot, now is it?  ::)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2818 on: August 27, 2015, 01:41:21 PM »
Masre_b8r: The fact they didn't burn their hands shows the video is FAKE, dingbat!

Because the cubes & the box & everything else in the video is A SHODDY CONJURING TRICK.

& I love your little get-out clause at the end; 'not made by NASA...'

Yeah, right; good criminals ALWAYS have alibis at hand...

LOL!!!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2819 on: August 27, 2015, 05:15:12 PM »

You just skipped over the radiant part, didn't you?  Once again, if you can see light, then energy is radiating quite easily.

How hot is red light? And no, the sides aren't glowing anymore.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.