It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #2731 on: August 23, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »
So, in other words, it is de facto law, like murder and arson?  If you see someone burning down a house, you do not need to look up the specific law to know that something bad is happening, amiright?

Most people know the laws being broke there off the top of their head and people and property is obviously being harmed.  In Papa Legba's excuse for a proof people are harmlessly holding cubes that are cool to the touch after being told how to hold them.  No danger involved and unless they let toddlers near those cubes nobody would ever get hurt.  If that somehow is illegal it requires more then just an assertion.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #2732 on: August 23, 2015, 10:08:50 PM »
LOL!!!

What a bunch of lunatics...

Thanks for trying, jroa, but they're clearly beyond help.

Anyhow, I'm off to work now; think I'll just remove all the safety-barriers, warning signs & screening round the Welding Area, as I now know they're completely unnecessary,,,

No need to sign all those Hot Work Permits either; after all, nothing bad can happen whilst working with extreme temperatures can it?

So no need at all for Legal cover...

Thanks, crim-bot shills - you've made my day a lot easier; you're okay!

Toodle-pip, d**kheads.

LMFAO!!!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2733 on: August 23, 2015, 10:53:07 PM »
LOL!!!

Anyhow, I'm off to work now; think I'll just remove all the safety-barriers, warning signs & screening round the Welding Area, as I now know they're completely unnecessary,,,

No need to sign all those Hot Work Permits either; after all, nothing bad can happen whilst working with extreme temperatures can it?

Toodle-pip, d**kheads.

LMFAO!!!

Papa legba, where are the tourists holding the cube in the video? In the center, on the surfaces or on the corners?

I'll keep asking the same question until you answer it. Theres a difference between holding the handle or the blade of a knife, and there is a difference between holding in the middle, on the surfaces or on the corners on that cube.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2734 on: August 24, 2015, 01:28:33 PM »
Good for you!

But it doesn't matter WHERE you hold the cubes; the point is that they are still 2200C in the middle, easily crushable by hand & thus HAZARDOUS MATERIALS to HANDLE.

I've told you this already; ergo your question HAS been answered.

& if the answer I gave did not fit your dishonest agenda, it does not mean you are entitled to a different answer.

Now, please answer my own question, which is this: Did the tourists in the video have to sign waivers indemnifying NASA from culpability in the event of personal injury?

Of course, you will not answer; none of you have yet...

Which says all I need to know about you & your motivations here.

But keep up your  lying, denying, diverting & derailing...

Cos it is LOL!!!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2735 on: August 24, 2015, 01:32:28 PM »
Good for you!

But it doesn't matter WHERE you hold the cubes; the point is that they are still 2200C in the middle, easily crushable by hand & thus HAZARDOUS MATERIALS to HANDLE.

& if the answer I gave did not fit your dishonest agenda, it does not mean you are entitled to a different answer.

Now, please answer my own question, which is this: Did the tourists in the video have to sign waivers indemnifying NASA from culpability in the event of personal injury?

Cos it is LOL!!!

LOL!!!

Toodle-pip, d**kheads.

LMFAO!!!

Papa legba, where are the tourists holding the cube in the video? In the center, on the surfaces or on the corners?

I'll keep asking the same question until you answer it. Theres a difference between holding the handle or the blade of a knife, and there is a difference between holding in the middle, on the surfaces or on the corners on that cube.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2736 on: August 24, 2015, 02:10:49 PM »

The fact is that NASA has a Duty Of Care towards members of the public who PAY for its tours.

This is not optional; it is a Legal Obligation.

& by allowing those members of the public to handle hazardous materials such as the white-hot, easily-crushable cubes without correct p.p.e, training, or any other safety measures whatsoever, that Duty Of Care, plus Health & Safety legislation, is being grossly violated in this video.

Which constitutes Criminal Negligence, if not Reckless Endangerment; FACT.

Unless the tourists in the video signed waivers indemnifying NASA in the case of personal injury, this video can be nothing other than FAKE.

So; DID the tourists sign waivers?

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2737 on: August 24, 2015, 02:24:29 PM »

The fact is that NASA has a Duty Of Care towards members of the public who PAY for its tours.

& by allowing those members of the public to handle hazardous materials such as the white-hot, easily-crushable cubes without correct p.p.e, training, or any other safety measures whatsoever, that Duty Of Care, plus Health & Safety legislation, is being grossly violated in this video.

Unless the tourists in the video signed waivers indemnifying NASA in the case of personal injury, this video can be nothing other than FAKE.

You are stuck on repeat.

Did you figure out what it means to be white hot yet?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2738 on: August 24, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »
Already told you, shill; what's more YOU ALL AGREED WITH ME; the cubes are still 2200C in the middle when handled by the tourists.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2739 on: August 24, 2015, 02:35:33 PM »
Already told you, shill; what's more YOU ALL AGREED WITH ME; the cubes are still 2200C in the middle when handled by the tourists.

Good for you!

Cos it is LOL!!!

LOL!!!

Toodle-pip, d**kheads.

LMFAO!!!

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2740 on: August 24, 2015, 02:39:51 PM »

The NASA-cultists here refuse to answer; NOW WHY SHOULD THAT BE, I WONDER?

[/quote]

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2741 on: August 24, 2015, 03:23:36 PM »
What gloves do you use to take a soda out of the refrigerator? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2742 on: August 24, 2015, 03:29:50 PM »
Irrelevant.

The NASA-cultists here refuse to answer; NOW WHY SHOULD THAT BE, I WONDER?

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #2743 on: August 24, 2015, 03:41:17 PM »
There are actually many reasons why we haven't answered:

1. You haven't provided any proof whatsoever that handling hot ceramic constitutes a hazardous activity regulated by law. As many people before have stated, handling a knife is way more dangerous (you could, after all, slit your throat and die within minutes, while the tiles at most will burn your hand, and perhaps lose a finger or two, tops. And Im not even sure of that).

2. You claim the video to be fake, but, why would NASA make a fake video on the guise of tourism? Don't you realize that that installation was (and possibly is still) open to the public for demonstrations? Does that make any kind of sense to you.

3. And last, and the answer you think you wanted to hear is: I don't know. And neither do you! So why don't you do the logical thing, and call the tour center yourself? I'm sure they pay someone a shitty wage so he has to sit through dozens of conspiranoics like you daily. Just call them, and tell us what do they think!
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2744 on: August 24, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
LOL!!!

The mighty conker weighs in now...

& strangely enough, he too knows absolutely nothing about H&S regs; what a surprise!

Plus, he also doesn't know if the tourists signed a waiver or not...

Thus, he added NOTHING to the debate except for his pseudo-authoritarian tone.

Ergo, he can f**k right off back where he came from until he DOES know something about these things.

Bye-bye, conker; don't bang your enormous head on the door on the way out!

Conker

« Reply #2745 on: August 24, 2015, 04:12:26 PM »
LOL!!!

The mighty conker weighs in now...

& strangely enough, he too knows absolutely nothing about H&S regs; what a surprise!

Plus, he also doesn't know if the tourists signed a waiver or not...

Thus, he added NOTHING to the debate except for his pseudo-authoritarian tone.

Ergo, he can f**k right off back where he came from until he DOES know something about these things.

Bye-bye, conker; don't bang your enormous head on the door on the way out!

Of course I don't have any clue! I don't even live in the same continent. However, if I get it correct, you live in the USA. Then, why don't you get this info yourself? Why do you insist on using 4rth hand information instead of picking up the phone and getting to the source? If you call them, they will answer your questions. Unlike "zeteticists", I have no problem with admiting I don't know about something. The thing is, you don't know, either. If you did, you would have given us a source for your claim that hot ceramic with a safe place to handle is a dangerous material that requires some kind of waver. BUT. And here is the BUT. I don't have to believe EITHER that it IS safe to handle. It might be, it might not be. I don't know. And I don't know any US lawyer to confirm or deny your claim. I have asked a Spanish lawyer, and he shook his head, and told me it would be fine: "If there are worshops that let you make your own glass bottles, that NASA stuff can't be much more dangerous", were his words. But US law might be different. The burden of proof, ultimatelly, relies on you. And you haven't given any data, proof, or source on anything. Try doing that first, if you want anyone with a bit of science education to take you seriously. You are the guy who claims to know the truth. Share it with us, please, then.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2746 on: August 24, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »
"Of course I don't have any clue!"

Yeah; I noticed... 

"However, if I get it correct, you live in the USA."

Well, you don't. So f**k off.

Conker

« Reply #2747 on: August 24, 2015, 04:31:24 PM »
"Of course I don't have any clue!"

Yeah; I noticed... 

"However, if I get it correct, you live in the USA."

Well, you don't. So f**k off.

Ok then, calls are out of the question, then. What about an email? I would even do it myself, but I doubt you would trust my 4rth hand info.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2748 on: August 24, 2015, 06:12:04 PM »
But they did receive training before handling the cubes. 

The tour guide said to pick the cube up only by the corners. 

If the tourists follow the training provided, then no PPE is required. 

Everyone in the video who handled the blocks did as they were trained and there were no injuries.

If no one that followed their training is harmed, then how do you prove negligence?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2749 on: August 24, 2015, 10:25:11 PM »
LOL!!!

You're not even allowed to pick up an empty box without a Manual Handling Certificate now, jackass.

I had to retake the stupid thing earlier this year & it took an entire afternoon.

So what the carny in the video told the tourists in no way constitutes 'adequate training'.

Did he warn them of the severity of the consequences if they gripped the cubes too hard & crushed them?

Did he have them practice on an unheated cube first?

No; he did not.

Very Naughty!

You lot know NOTHING about H&S regs.

You are clutching at straws...

This video is FAKE; deal with it.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2750 on: August 24, 2015, 10:48:43 PM »

Everyone in the video who handled the blocks did as they were trained and there were no injuries.

If no one that followed their training is harmed, then how do you prove negligence?

Just to let you know, that does not constitute as training in an industrial setting.  Not in any one that I have ever been in, anyway.  lol

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2751 on: August 25, 2015, 06:27:31 AM »
LOL!!!

You're not even allowed to pick up an empty box without a Manual Handling Certificate now, jackass.
You might not be, but I am.  In fact, I pick up empty boxes at work fairly regularly at work with no box handling certification at all.

I had to retake the stupid thing earlier this year & it took an entire afternoon.
Well then, I guess that it sucks to be you.

So what the carny in the video told the tourists in no way constitutes 'adequate training'.
It seemed adequate to keep any of the tourists from being injured.

Did he warn them of the severity of the consequences if they gripped the cubes too hard & crushed them?
I think that the consequences would be pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain, even without being told.

Did he have them practice on an unheated cube first?

No; he did not.

Very Naughty!
Yeah, it's a good thing that no one recorded it or posted a video for the whole world to see.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2752 on: August 25, 2015, 06:31:46 AM »

Just to let you know, that does not constitute as training in an industrial setting.  Not in any one that I have ever been in, anyway.  lol
Do you suppose that the tour guide was properly trained in handling the white hot cubes?  I'm guessing that he was and he got by just fine handling them before allowing the tourists to do so (by which time the corners of the cubes had cooled even more).

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2753 on: August 25, 2015, 07:06:50 AM »

Do you suppose that the tour guide was properly trained in handling the white hot cubes?  I'm guessing that he was and he got by just fine handling them before allowing the tourists to do so (by which time the corners of the cubes had cooled even more).

Yeah, I am sure the minimum wage tour guide had thousands of hours worth of training, markjo.  ::)   I know you are attempting to distract, derail, and disturb this conversation, markjo, but your little strawman tactics have little effect on me, markjo. 

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2754 on: August 25, 2015, 09:27:16 AM »

Yeah, I am sure the minimum wage tour guide had thousands of hours worth of training, markjo.  ::)   I know you are attempting to distract, derail, and disturb this conversation, markjo, but your little strawman tactics have little effect on me, markjo.
It took you thousands of hours to learn how to use an oven?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2755 on: August 25, 2015, 11:24:18 AM »

Yeah, I am sure the minimum wage tour guide had thousands of hours worth of training, markjo.  ::)   
What evidence do you have that the tour guide was a minimum wage employee?  How do you know that he isn't a tech or engineer at that facility and the tour demos are just an occasional duty that he performs as needed?  Also, what makes you think that "thousands of hours" worth of training are required to handle those white hot cubes?

I know you are attempting to distract, derail, and disturb this conversation, markjo, but your little strawman tactics have little effect on me, markjo.
Oh?  I'm not the one making assumptions about what, if any, safety procedures are being violated.  The fact of the matter is that no one here knows what went on before the events in the video.  We don't know if the tourists received any information on the fragility of the tile material.  We don't know if they were allowed to handle any room temperature tiles because we weren't there and the video doesn't cover that part of the tour.  It's Papa Legba's strawman that's screaming that he didn't see it happen in the video, so no appropriate training or other safety measures were taken therefore the demo must be fake.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:26:25 AM by markjo »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2756 on: August 25, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »
LOL!!!

Shills are so dumb...

I'm not writing for YOU; I KNOW you're pure disinfo & denial, so will NEVER allow yourselves to admit the Truth of what I say.

No; I'm writing for others reading this thread, many of whom will have personal experience of the strictness of H&S regs, & will be very perplexed both by what they see in the silly, fraudulent video & your bizarrely vehement denial of all the facts pertaining to it.

But keep up your Lies; cos the more you cling to them, the more they weaken your case...

Poor you!

Now; carry on Lying...

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #2757 on: August 25, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »
From your sources, how much energy, in joules, is required for the cubes to be crushed? If it's in the ballpark of 60 joules, yes, it is dangerous. That's about double the energy used for picking up an apple. Above that, you would have to intentionally crush it.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2758 on: August 25, 2015, 12:46:43 PM »
This is the 19th post, sock-puppet misero/markjo; do you think I don't know your game by now?

Just make another shitpost to get to 20, then we can turn a page & carry on...

Off you go, criminal time-wasting shill.

Plus: LOL!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2759 on: August 25, 2015, 01:17:55 PM »
LOL!!!

Shills are so dumb...

I'm not writing for YOU; I KNOW you're pure disinfo & denial, so will NEVER allow yourselves to admit the Truth of what I say.

No; I'm writing for others reading this thread, many of whom will have personal experience of the strictness of H&S regs, & will be very perplexed both by what they see in the silly, fraudulent video & your bizarrely vehement denial of all the facts pertaining to it.
Unless you've taken the tour yourself, you don't know what happened before the events of the video.  You don't know the credentials of the person giving the demonstration.  How can you claim to know the truth when you don't know many of the relevant details?

But keep up your Lies; cos the more you cling to them, the more they weaken your case...

Poor you!

Now; carry on Lying...
What lies?  I've already told you that I haven't taken the tour, so I don't know what happened before the events of the video.  I'm guessing that you've never taken the tour either, so you don't know the full story either, but that doesn't stop you from screaming "safety violation!!!"