• 4284 Replies

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #2670 on: August 22, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »
'no evidence', eh, sock-in-mouth?

LOL!!!

STFU.

Before we move on, though, let's look at NASA's shuttle tile demo video again.

Because it is a hoot; a shoddy conjuring trick performed by a sleazy carny, full to the brim with Hoax, LOL & Fail...

Witness the Shitness, folks!

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">!
I thought you wanted to talk about aluminum.

Looks real to me. What again is fake about it? Is it that it's red hot but not putting off any sound since you know, sound=light?
Oh I got it, you think that cube is the companion cube from Portal. Now it makes sense, you keep posting the video because you think the cube will love you.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #2671 on: August 22, 2015, 07:00:59 PM »
What kind of electrical work do you specialize in, just out of curiosity? I am not trying to start another fight with you, I am just genuinely curious, now that I know we are professional brothers.  I work as an industrial electrician.
I did my apprenticeship in Local 134 out of Chicago as a commercial and industrial electrician.  I have worked on a range of jobs from office remodels to new schools to installing gas insulated switchgear in electrical utility yards.  I also have worked in refineries.  Unfortunately, we got hit really hard in the housing crash and really haven't recovered around here.

The bills don't care though so I had to transfer my membership to Local 757 which is a railroad local.  Less pay, but the work is more steady.  Currently work on troubleshooting and installing electrical systems on locomotives. 

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #2672 on: August 22, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »
'Looks real to me...'

LOL!!!

Pure shill-speak.

You really don't want people to watch this video, do you, sock-arul?

So I think I'll post it again...

A shoddy fairground conjuring trick, performed by a con-man, displaying a Feast of Fail.

Witness the Shitness, folks!

I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2673 on: August 22, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  I have never been a member of a union.  I only stick to the industrial side of the profession, so when I actually work, I am usually troubleshooting a faulty switch or maybe a bad motor.  I get paid very good money to do nothing most of the time.  I suppose they pay me to be there in case something goes wrong, but it rarely does. 

The cool thing about my current job is that I only have to work 14 days per month, yet I still bring home a full paycheck.  I also get 7 straight days off in a row every month.  And, I have unlimited overtime.  I can come in anytime I want on my days off, and sit around chit-chatting with coworkers while sipping coffee and earning $45 per hour.  I really do not see the benefit of a union.  How is a union better than this? 

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #2674 on: August 22, 2015, 07:54:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  I have never been a member of a union.  I only stick to the industrial side of the profession, so when I actually work, I am usually troubleshooting a faulty switch or maybe a bad motor.  I get paid very good money to do nothing most of the time.  I suppose they pay me to be there in case something goes wrong, but it rarely does. 

The cool thing about my current job is that I only have to work 14 days per month, yet I still bring home a full paycheck.  I also get 7 straight days off in a row every month.  And, I have unlimited overtime.  I can come in anytime I want on my days off, and sit around chit-chatting with coworkers while sipping coffee and earning $45 per hour.  I really do not see the benefit of a union.  How is a union better than this?
Unions are usually joined out of either self-interest (they keep laboral negotiations fair and provide assistance to workers), ideology and (for those trully convinced) out of compassion for other peers that might need the strength of a union to fight for their rights. The guys chatting and sipping coffee? 8 years ago, in my country, that was what being a  goverment office-man was. 8 years layer, this elections propaganda promises to unfreeze their wages and give them the money the goverment owes them. It happened to them. Might happen to you.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #2675 on: August 22, 2015, 08:01:47 PM »

Around here, mostly health and welfare benefits and the higher pay rate.  While I was unemployed, I got supplemental unemployment benefits, and didn't lose my health insurance. Something that is very important to a family with young children. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2676 on: August 22, 2015, 08:05:55 PM »

Unions are usually joined out of either self-interest (they keep laboral negotiations fair and provide assistance to workers), ideology and (for those trully convinced) out of compassion for other peers that might need the strength of a union to fight for their rights. The guys chatting and sipping coffee? 8 years ago, in my country, that was what being a  goverment office-man was. 8 years layer, this elections propaganda promises to unfreeze their wages and give them the money the goverment owes them. It happened to them. Might happen to you.

The difference is that I am paid to perform a service, when required.  When I am not required to perform that service, there is not much for me to do.  But, I still have to be there and I still get paid for being there.   

If the plant goes down, the company is losing thousands of dollars per hour.  So, they pay an electrician a fraction of that to sit around and do pretty much nothing but be there in case of an electrical problem. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2677 on: August 22, 2015, 08:13:01 PM »

Around here, mostly health and welfare benefits and the higher pay rate.  While I was unemployed, I got supplemental unemployment benefits, and didn't lose my health insurance. Something that is very important to a family with young children. 

I get full benefits, including short and long term disability, 401k with matching, profit sharing, health and dental, ect.  I still do not see the advantage of being in a union, but, as I said, I never have been, so maybe I am missing something. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2678 on: August 22, 2015, 08:36:37 PM »
I said thousands of dollars per hour, but it is really closer to thousands per minute. 

?

BJ1234

« Reply #2679 on: August 22, 2015, 08:40:05 PM »

I get full benefits, including short and long term disability, 401k with matching, profit sharing, health and dental, ect.  I still do not see the advantage of being in a union, but, as I said, I never have been, so maybe I am missing something.

Like I mentioned, here is a different story.  I was working non union, was making 50% of what a union electrician was making.  My health insurance was part of my benefits, if I wanted to cover my wife and kids, it would have been X a month. thankfully I wasn't married at the time, with no dental or vision. 

After joining the union and going through the apprenticeship, I over doubled my pay rate, had an annuity contribution of 2 dollars per hour, gained health insurance that included dental and vision that cost nothing monthly, didn't lose it while unemployed, and other benefits that I didn't have prior. 

I believe if you were in my position, you would have decided to join also, and if I were in yours, I probably would not have joined.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2680 on: August 22, 2015, 08:45:50 PM »
Before we move on, though, let's look at NASA's shuttle tile demo video again.
*sigh*  That isn't a NASA video.  It's a video that a tourist took while touring a NASA facility.  Do you honestly not understand the difference?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2681 on: August 22, 2015, 08:56:03 PM »

Like I mentioned, here is a different story.  I was working non union, was making 50% of what a union electrician was making.  My health insurance was part of my benefits, if I wanted to cover my wife and kids, it would have been X a month. thankfully I wasn't married at the time, with no dental or vision. 

After joining the union and going through the apprenticeship, I over doubled my pay rate, had an annuity contribution of 2 dollars per hour, gained health insurance that included dental and vision that cost nothing monthly, didn't lose it while unemployed, and other benefits that I didn't have prior. 

I believe if you were in my position, you would have decided to join also, and if I were in yours, I probably would not have joined.

If you are ever curious about moving down south, let me know.  The worst part about my job is occasionally having to climb ladders, the un-climate controlled conditions that you have to endure, and boredom.  Other than that, it is a sweet job. 

?

BJ1234

« Reply #2682 on: August 22, 2015, 09:02:49 PM »

If you are ever curious about moving down south, let me know.  The worst part about my job is occasionally having to climb ladders, the un-climate controlled conditions that you have to endure, and boredom.  Other than that, it is a sweet job.
Thanks.  Seems like a sweet gig you have.  Worst part of my current job is changing brushes on traction motors and generators.  Locomotives get pretty greasy you know.  But in the year and a half I have been there, I believe I have shown promise and have been getting more and more complex troubleshooting issues.  Others who have been there longer get thrown at the dirty jobs since they lack the skills to figure things out from the prints and thinking things through.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2683 on: August 22, 2015, 09:04:48 PM »
My guess is Jroa works at a power plant.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2684 on: August 22, 2015, 09:09:29 PM »
I have done residential and commercial electricity in the past, and I got paid for the work that I did.  Now, I am an Industrial Electrician and I get paid for what I know. It is a world of difference.  No union involved. 

Also, sokarul, you are wrong.  I work for an industrial plant. 

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2685 on: August 22, 2015, 09:28:54 PM »
Very nice, good stuff, lots of electrical engineers on this forum; what are the odds of that eh..?

Anyhow, BJ1234; as an experienced tradesman I assume you also noticed the outrageous Health & Safety violations in the fraudulent shuttle tile demo video?

I don't see how you can have missed them, really; Health & Safety is a huge issue in every workplace & as a tradesman you must be aware of this Fact.

Care to comment on why NASA would allow such blatant Criminal Negligence to occur?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2686 on: August 22, 2015, 09:32:48 PM »
Very nice, good stuff, lots of electrical engineers on this forum; what are the odds of that eh..?

Anyhow, BJ1234; as an experienced tradesman I assume you also noticed the outrageous Health & Safety violations in the fraudulent shuttle tile demo video?

I don't see how you can have missed them, really; Health & Safety is a huge issue in every workplace & as a tradesman you must be aware of this Fact.

Care to comment on why NASA would allow such blatant Criminal Negligence to occur?
What safety procedures should be followed for handling cold to the touch objects?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2687 on: August 22, 2015, 09:37:41 PM »
In case you missed it, BJ1234, here is the video in question.

I particularly like the pink/purple box full of lights that is allegedly a white-hot fire-brick..

Sorry; pink/purple-hot?

LOL!!!

Anyhow; Health & Safety violations galore for you to enjoy; as a tradesman you'll spot them all easily, won't you?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2688 on: August 22, 2015, 09:39:27 PM »

What safety procedures should be followed for handling cold to the touch objects?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2689 on: August 22, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »
I have done residential and commercial electricity in the past, and I got paid for the work that I did.  Now, I am an Industrial Electrician and I get paid for what I know. It is a world of difference.  No union involved. 

Power plants are industrial plants. When a power plant trips, it will cost them a lot of money a second. It's also can be boring work when it's running correctly.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2690 on: August 22, 2015, 09:55:21 PM »

Power plants are industrial plants. When a power plant trips, it will cost them a lot of money a second. It's also can be boring work when it's running correctly.

I fail to see the point of your post, unless you are actually agreeing with me for a change.  Are you drunk posting again?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2691 on: August 22, 2015, 09:59:55 PM »
Haven't you got a meth-lab to run, socky-boy?

Hop to it then!

Anyhow; here is a video of a NASA tour.

The tourists are allowed to play around with allegedly fragile, white-hot materials with no training or safety precautions whatsoever.

Which is clearly criminally negligent.

Of course, the whole thing is Fraud; the oven, the cubes & the box are just shoddy stage-props filled with lights.

So no-one was actually in danger.

Again: Witness the Shitness...

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2692 on: August 22, 2015, 10:19:38 PM »
So if I use oven mitts for hot things, do I use refrigerator mitts for cold thing?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2693 on: August 22, 2015, 10:27:49 PM »
The tourists in the video aren't using ANY kind of mitts, socky-boy.

But they SHOULD be; H&S laws, you know?

Stick to the topic, tweeker-head.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2694 on: August 22, 2015, 10:41:32 PM »
What mitts do you wear to take a soda out of the refrigerator?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2695 on: August 22, 2015, 10:43:53 PM »
LOL!!!

Meth's a terrible drug, sock-arul; seek help asap!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2696 on: August 22, 2015, 10:45:06 PM »
Yeah I didn't think you needed protection to take a soda out of the refrigerator. Better luck next time kid.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2697 on: August 22, 2015, 10:50:02 PM »
'Better luck next time kid...'

ROFLMFAO!!!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2698 on: August 22, 2015, 10:50:36 PM »
The tourists in the video aren't using ANY kind of mitts, socky-boy.

But they SHOULD be; H&S laws, you know?

Stick to the topic, tweeker-head.

But why?  It's not like the cubes are really hot, they have since cooled down enough that anyone can pick them up without hurting themselves.  It's about as damgerous as you holding a warm pizza slice.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2699 on: August 22, 2015, 10:57:21 PM »
LOL!!!

They're allegedly still WHITE-HOT INSIDE, retard.

& EASILY-CRUSHABLE BY HAND, retard.

Remember agreeing to that, retard?

Which makes HANDLING them HAZARDOUS, retard.

& allowing people to HANDLE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS without correct safety precautions is CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE, retard.

WTF is WRONG with you?