It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #2490 on: August 15, 2015, 12:40:51 PM »
If your words prove Rayzor is a liar, then everyone has already proven you wrong.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #2491 on: August 15, 2015, 01:14:13 PM »
The silica foam comprising the centre of the tiles is indeed quite delicate and can be damaged by hand and in this Rayzor is incorrect.

This does not make him a liar just got his facts wrong.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2492 on: August 15, 2015, 02:25:47 PM »
Well done Papa for proving them to be liars. You backed them into a corner and their desperation to keep up the bullshit, crumbled.

I think those who are looking in should be fairly comfortable in seeing the blatant lies about this and the many other things about the so called space shuttle.

If you can see these lies, then it's now time to open your eyes and mind to see the blatant bull crap they've implanted into your heads from childhood.

« Reply #2493 on: August 15, 2015, 03:09:59 PM »
Well done Papa for proving them to be liars. You backed them into a corner and their desperation to keep up the bullshit, crumbled.

I think those who are looking in should be fairly comfortable in seeing the blatant lies about this and the many other things about the so called space shuttle.

If you can see these lies, then it's now time to open your eyes and mind to see the blatant bull crap they've implanted into your heads from childhood.

I'm sorry I must have missed that part. All I've seen is Papa accusing people of being liars and criminals. Doing a lot of LOLs and LMAOs and generally talking out of his arse. He hasn't proved anything. Not one single thing.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2494 on: August 15, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »

I'm sorry I must have missed that part. All I've seen is Papa accusing people of being liars and criminals. Doing a lot of LOLs and LMAOs and generally talking out of his arse. He hasn't proved anything. Not one single thing.
It doesn't matter what you think he has or hasn't proved. Those looking in, who are genuinely interested in finding the truth are the one's that can see it.

You people try like hell to make yourselves appear all knowing and smart by using copy and paste for answers, then kill it all off by trying to type your own words without any aid and mess it up, like Rayzor did this time.

You all end up doing it.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2495 on: August 15, 2015, 03:30:04 PM »
Typical discussion beginnings here. 
conspiracy guy:  I don't believe X.

Reasonable person:  Well you can go see it/perform this experiment/etc.  to decide for yourself.

conspiracy guy:  I cannot do that because of A, B, or C.

Reasonable person:  Well this may help, try this, it doesn't require A, B, or C.

conspiracy guy:  No, I cannot do that because of A, B, or C.  You don't read very well.

Reasonable person:  No, I mean you can do it without A, B, or C.

conspiracy guy:  No, I cannot do that because of A, B, or C.  You are a moron.

Reasonable person:  Well it doesn't matter to me, I gave you a way to experience it.

conspiracy guy:  so now you don't know how to experience it, you are just another lying shill.

Reasonable person:  No I am not, if you do not plan on taking someone else's account, and refuse to try to experience it yourself then there is nothing I can say.

conspiracy guy:  Well X can't be because of Z, and you are stupid.

Reasonable person:  Z has nothing to do with X, and you are now misstating what Z is.

conspiracy guy:  See you are just trying to confuse us with complicated things.  Lying shill, go somewhere else.

Reasonable person:  Nothing is complicated, Z has nothing to do with X.

conspiracy guy:  Well I believe its %%^

Reasonable person:  Wait that doesn't make sense.  I thought you wanted to know about X.

conspiracy guy:  Stop derailing the thread.  You know its $%.

Reasonable person:  that's not even what you said before.  You said you thought it was %%^.

conspiracy guy:  So you admit it.

Reasonable person:  No, did you read what I said?  God your stupid.

conspiracy guy:  See you have to insult me to win.

conspiracy guys friend:  That %%^ thing is brilliant.

conspiracy guy:  See, another shill defeated.

Reasonable person:  so is it %%^ or $%.

conspiracy guy:  I never said it was $%.

ETC.

That definitely sums up just about every conversation I have ever had with a conspiracy theorist.  It's like they have a 5 second memory.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2496 on: August 15, 2015, 03:32:53 PM »
papa legba, please link to where you got the idea that space shuttle tiles could be crushed by hand.  I think whatever you were reading was talking about the material inside the tiles, but the outer shell of the tiles are quite strong.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2497 on: August 15, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »
And yet you keep coming back for more, mikeman. The supposed intelligent 17/18 year old college kid that can  play the piano whilst memorising 250 packs of shuffled cards and never smiling when given a hug and a cup of warm milk.

The same kid that wants to study every known scientific lie as well as the real science, all before he's 20.  ;D
The very same kid who can also play all kinds of games on the internet inbetween  helping conspiracy theorists see the light whilst also trying to intimidate and ridicule them, as and when required.

The very same kid that tells us he's a real nerd who likes to do this stuff, because....well....he's a nerd, he says.
You see: people like mikeman stand out like a blind cobblers thumb as not being who they say they are. It does give me a laugh though, because I sit back and think of all the work they have to put into keeping the multiple's going and the times they log in under the wrong name and type in the name of the other person they thought they logged in with.  ;D

Carry on mikeman. Happy 18th. It's due soon, isn't it?  :P

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2498 on: August 15, 2015, 07:10:01 PM »
And yet you keep coming back for more, mikeman. The supposed intelligent 17/18 year old college kid that can  play the piano whilst memorising 250 packs of shuffled cards and never smiling when given a hug and a cup of warm milk.

The same kid that wants to study every known scientific lie as well as the real science, all before he's 20.  ;D
The very same kid who can also play all kinds of games on the internet inbetween  helping conspiracy theorists see the light whilst also trying to intimidate and ridicule them, as and when required.

The very same kid that tells us he's a real nerd who likes to do this stuff, because....well....he's a nerd, he says.
You see: people like mikeman stand out like a blind cobblers thumb as not being who they say they are. It does give me a laugh though, because I sit back and think of all the work they have to put into keeping the multiple's going and the times they log in under the wrong name and type in the name of the other person they thought they logged in with.  ;D

I am honestly having trouble figuring out what's so hard to believe here.  I am certainly more knowledgeable about physics, science, and computers then most people my age because I take the initiative to study and do things, I would recommend you do that too because it can be quite fun.

I you want I could PM you my phone number so you could call me and hear my voice if you want.  You could even hide your caller ID so I can't know your number, just Google how to do it.

Carry on mikeman. Happy 18th. It's due soon, isn't it?  :P

It's August 29th, which is exactly 2 weeks from today.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #2499 on: August 15, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »

Legba has proved many things in this thread. It's a shame you missed it. You have no moreknowledge now than when you started this thread. I guess it is par for the course for hard headed roundies.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #2500 on: August 15, 2015, 10:10:40 PM »
papa legba, please link to where you got the idea that space shuttle tiles could be crushed by hand. I think whatever you were reading was talking about the material inside the tiles, but the outer shell of the tiles are quite strong.

Well , mikeman who can somehow neither find nor read the wikipedia article on the space shuttle thermal protection system, you are WRONG.

This fraudulent video DOES purport to show the material INSIDE the tiles.

Which is easy to observe, because the outer, 'RCG' coating is BLACK, whilst the inner material is WHITE.

Are the tiles in the video BLACK, mikeman?

Lie much, lying liar mikeman?

Taking lessons from Rayzor are you?

LOL!!!

So, to recap; the cubes in the video ARE easily crushable by hand: FACT

The cubes in the video ARE still white-hot in their centres: FACT.

You know where I'm going with this, don't you, shills?

& you really don't want me to get there...

But I will; & it'll be LOL!!!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #2501 on: August 15, 2015, 10:36:13 PM »
What will be 'lol' is you fucking up whatever point you think you are proving. Which I suspect is something along the lines of:

Tiles are crushable by hand. The guys picks up the cube. Therefore he should have crushed the cube and burnt his hand.

You do realise that crushable by hand does require exerting a good deal of force still. It is entirely possible to pick something delicate up with enough care not to damage it. I can easily crush a plastic or foam cup in my hand, but I am also capable of picking it up carefully and causing no damage at all.

Your desperate efforts to try and prove us and the space shuttle wrong are pretty pathetic now.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #2502 on: August 15, 2015, 11:28:21 PM »
Have you seen the length of the Wikipedia article on space shuttle thermal protection systems?  It would take me much of my weekend to read, and I would rather do other things like have a life.

You have demonstrated in the past that you don't know the difference between red hot and illuminated by red light, so I am not surprised that your logic fail is that bad again.  Being able to crush something by hand is not the same as inevitably crushing something every time you pick it up.

A great analogy here is if you had a styrofoam cup full of hot chocolate.  Styrofoam cups can easily be crushed by hand, and the center is very hot and you don't want it to spill on you.  You could easily crumple the cup and spill the hot chocolate all over you but does that mean you will?  Just take care not to crush the cup and you can enjoy your drink.

Same goes for the shuttle tiles.  If the guy held that tile like his life depended on it then it would crumble and he would burn his hands, but if he casually picked it up like any other light object like it then it would be perfectly fine.  When was the last time you casually picked up a light weight object and then decided to use it to test your grip strength?  I highly doubt that anyone would do that with a space shuttle tile of all things.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2503 on: August 15, 2015, 11:42:01 PM »
I've just proved - absolutely & beyond doubt - that Rayzor is a LIAR.

Does this FACT not disturb you?

Just asking...

Nope,  you are the one being misled.  The tiles I have can't be crushed easily by hand.   Whoever is telling you that is misleading you,   there are different tile types,  so perhaps there are some others are in fact easily crushable?   

Here is a russian one currently for sale  on ebay,   So, Papa Legover,   why don't YOU buy it and find out for yourself. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPACE-SHUTTLE-BURAN-HEAT-SHIELD-THERMAL-BLACK-TILE-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-/191660154039?hash=item2c9fd5dcb7

Here's a woman crushing a shuttle tile with her bare hands..  Doesn't seem to be crushing very much does it?

After a bit more research,  I discovered that you can get tiles for free direct from NASA  you can go to your local school and ask them to make the request, then you are only liable for postage and handling,   After you do your testing you can pass it on to the school science department.    (provided it's not too badly crushed!!!)  Idiot!

http://gsaxcess.gov/NASAWel.htm

Here's another video.   Skip to  2:45  for the heat transfer demo.    At about 7:00 he demonstrates the waterproofing and cuts a block with an exacto knife, which gives some idea of the mechanical properties.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

And another,   this looks a bit like my piece, but a little bigger.

I like feeding trolls,  sooner or later they choke on the truth.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:00:22 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2504 on: August 16, 2015, 02:52:26 AM »
Those tiles are the most versatile (pardon the pun) tiles in the history of the world of fantasy.
They can be cut with a craft knife and shaped like styrofoam, yet can be placed into an oven at 2000 degrees F and heated for 2 hours until they glow, yet can be brought out and immediately cool in seconds to be picked up by hand, yet can also be crushed as easily as a styrofoam cup.
We get shown tests on this so called stuff with a blow torch which supposedly shows up the heat glow and dissipation and yet it appears to be a different block. Almost as if it's like asbestos.

Anyway, regardless of that, we will get back to the blow torch. Is there any testing of this tile apart from the pretend shuttle launches?
What I mean is, are there any 2/3/4/5/.....etc.etc mph winds hitting this brittle tile in wind tunnels or whatever to show how strong its resistance is to surviving a cold launch and then surviving a hot re-entry at super speeds, regardless of just a simple oven heating or a mild plumbers blow torch heating?

If I was testing this shuttle tile, I would be doing this a different way so people could see the reality.

You see, those tiles are coated in a black substance (anyone know what that is?) that is obviously super heat resistant to the point of magical.
So anyway, let's move on.

If they coat a full tile and place it in a real oven for hours. An oven that we can actually see working by placing a real fire brick inside as well as the black (fully) coated shuttle bric....erm tile and see what happens when  that tile is brought out and sliced in half.

What's the chances ?

Why can't anything NASA do, be done so we can see it first hand and in such a way that we have no chance to argue the point?

When these tiles were first built for the shuttle, they were super expensive. It seems that now, anyone can buy one for a small price.
Anyone that does buy one, I suggest you take it to a blacksmith's (if you know of one) and have that tile dropped into the heat for a while and let's see what state it's in when it's taken out.

The tile might be ok for a plumbers blow torch for a while but I'd be interested to see what effects would be on it in a blast furnace or something similar.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2505 on: August 16, 2015, 03:02:43 AM »
Psyopticon/Rayzor; You said the tiles were not easily crushable by hand.

Wikipedia says they are.

So do many other sources.

Even mikeman agrees...

Ergo, you lied.

& no amount of pompous pigeon-chested puffery will get you out of this indisputable fact.

LIAR.

My next point is unconnected to any of your above points; all that is needed are for the following 2 statements to be acknowledged as FACT:

1) The cubes in the video are easily crushable by hand.

2) The cubes in the video are still white-hot in the centre.

Once you acknowledge these FACTS, we will move on.

Until then, toodle-pip, criminals!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2506 on: August 16, 2015, 03:03:59 AM »
Those tiles are the most versatile (pardon the pun) tiles in the history of the world of fantasy.
They can be cut with a craft knife and shaped like styrofoam, yet can be placed into an oven at 2000 degrees F and heated for 2 hours until they glow, yet can be brought out and immediately cool in seconds to be picked up by hand, yet can also be crushed as easily as a styrofoam cup.
We get shown tests on this so called stuff with a blow torch which supposedly shows up the heat glow and dissipation and yet it appears to be a different block. Almost as if it's like asbestos.

Anyway, regardless of that, we will get back to the blow torch. Is there any testing of this tile apart from the pretend shuttle launches?
What I mean is, are there any 2/3/4/5/.....etc.etc mph winds hitting this brittle tile in wind tunnels or whatever to show how strong its resistance is to surviving a cold launch and then surviving a hot re-entry at super speeds, regardless of just a simple oven heating or a mild plumbers blow torch heating?

If I was testing this shuttle tile, I would be doing this a different way so people could see the reality.

You see, those tiles are coated in a black substance (anyone know what that is?) that is obviously super heat resistant to the point of magical.

If they coat a full tile and place it in a real oven for hours. An oven that we can actually see working by placing a real fire brick inside as well as the black (fully) coated shuttle bric....erm tile and see what happens when  that tile is brought out and sliced in half.

What's the chances ?

Why can't anything NASA do, be done so we can see it first hand and in such a way that we have no chance to argue the point?

When these tiles were first built for the shuttle, they were super expensive. It seems that now, anyone can buy one for a small price.
Anyone that does buy one, I suggest you take it to a blacksmith's (if you know of one) and have that tile dropped into the heat for a while and let's see what state it's in when it's taken out.

The tile might be ok for a plumbers blow torch for a while but I'd be interested to see what effects would be on it in a blast furnace or something similar.

Buy a tile and prove your point. How hard is it?
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2507 on: August 16, 2015, 03:09:22 AM »

What's the chances ?

Any idea where I can buy one?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2508 on: August 16, 2015, 03:17:40 AM »
My next point is unconnected to any of your above points; all that is needed are for the following 2 statements to be acknowledged as FACT:

Once you acknowledge these FACTS, we will move on.

Until then, toodle-pip, criminals!

Ok,   let's move on,  the  cubes can be seen to be easily crushed, as soon as you show a video  proving that happening.
The videos already presented show clearly that tiles can be easily handled without being damaged or crushed.     

Game set and match I think.

I concede the second point as well,  yes the cubes are in fact very hot in the center,  as seen in multiple videos,  and easily demonstrated with a high temperature oven.

TTFN

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2509 on: August 16, 2015, 03:18:54 AM »

I provided links in my earlier post,  just shows you don't read.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2510 on: August 16, 2015, 03:23:57 AM »
Please confirm the following statements as being FACTS:

Answer, please, idiots who cannot tell the difference between emitted & reflected light...

& psyopticon/rayzor; wtf is WRONG with you?

Either YOU are lying or wikipedia, mainframes & mikeman are lying; why do you ask for video evidence, LIAR?

No wonder nobody likes you!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2511 on: August 16, 2015, 03:35:45 AM »
Please confirm the following statements as being FACTS:

Answer, please, idiots who cannot tell the difference between emitted & reflected light...

& psyopticon/rayzor; wtf is WRONG with you?

Either YOU are lying or wikipedia, mainframes & mikeman are lying; why do you ask for video evidence, LIAR?

No wonder nobody likes you!

I'm running out of troll food,  but I can feed you some facts,  or I still have a bag full of insults,   what would you prefer....     FACTS:    ok,

Fact1:  The cubes in the video can be handled without being crushed.
Fact2:  The cubes are in fact white hot in the middle.

Neither Mikeman or Mainframes or myself are lying,  you just haven't the brain capacity to understand.   ( Sorry that was from the insult bag)  You are in FACT: an idiot.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2512 on: August 16, 2015, 03:44:11 AM »

What's the chances ?

I've just proved - absolutely & beyond doubt - that Rayzor is a LIAR.

Does this FACT not disturb you?

Just asking...

Nope,  you are the one being misled.  The tiles I have can't be crushed easily by hand.   Whoever is telling you that is misleading you,   there are different tile types,  so perhaps there are some others are in fact easily crushable?   

Here is a russian one currently for sale  on ebay,   So, Papa Legover,   why don't YOU buy it and find out for yourself. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPACE-SHUTTLE-BURAN-HEAT-SHIELD-THERMAL-BLACK-TILE-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-/191660154039?hash=item2c9fd5dcb7

Here's a woman crushing a shuttle tile with her bare hands..  Doesn't seem to be crushing very much does it?

After a bit more research,  I discovered that you can get tiles for free direct from NASA  you can go to your local school and ask them to make the request, then you are only liable for postage and handling,   After you do your testing you can pass it on to the school science department.    (provided it's not too badly crushed!!!)  Idiot!

http://gsaxcess.gov/NASAWel.htm

Here's another video.   Skip to  2:45  for the heat transfer demo.    At about 7:00 he demonstrates the waterproofing and cuts a block with an exacto knife, which gives some idea of the mechanical properties.

And another,   this looks a bit like my piece, but a little bigger.

I like feeding trolls,  sooner or later they choke on the truth.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2513 on: August 16, 2015, 03:59:09 AM »
I'm not asking if they can be handled without being crushed, rayzor/psyopticon/evil edna/ausgeoff/etc.

I already know they can, idiot.

I'm asking if they are easily crushable by hand.

You know; like wikipedia, mainframes & mikeman all  state they are...

Also, I am uninterested in anything but the cubes displayed in the NASA tour video; so stop posting other nonsense to prop up your lies & derailing.

Your dishonesty, reading difficulties & general trolling incompetence are once again coming to the fore.

But you've already ruined your credibility enough for one day; why stop now, eh?

Whatever; you will be ignored from now on, & unless anyone else cares to reply, I will take wikipedia's word for it that the cubes are, indeed, easily crushable by hand.

« Reply #2514 on: August 16, 2015, 04:26:53 AM »
Just state your point Papa.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2515 on: August 16, 2015, 04:59:31 AM »
Don't tell me what to do, mainframes.

I'll get to my point when I'm good & ready, & not before.

Btw, does it not bother you that rayzor is now implying YOU are a liar in order to cover up his own dishonesty?

I'd be damn angry about it; seems you Thought-Police types stick together no matter what though...

Which is interesting; neutral readers will surely note this Fact.

Anyhow, to sum up: STFU & wait, psy-cop.

Plus a little lol! for good luck...

« Reply #2516 on: August 16, 2015, 08:28:28 AM »
No Rayzer is not implying I am lying at all. We are engaging in a debate as to the correct properties of the shuttle tile and at some point we will agree and go forward. This is why grown ups and scientists do. We ensure that we get to the facts.

Looking at the Wikipedia article it discusses the tile fragility as per the original 1970's technology. It may be the tiles produced currently are slightly more robust.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2517 on: August 16, 2015, 09:02:45 AM »
No Rayzer is not implying I am lying at all.

OH YES HE IS!

It may be the tiles produced currently are slightly more robust.

THE TILES PRODUCED CURRENTLY FOR THE SHUTTLE THAT HAS BEEN RETIRED?

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! STOP POSTING WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK, NUT-JOB!

To sum up: massive LOL & FAIL!!!

« Reply #2518 on: August 16, 2015, 09:28:05 AM »
No Rayzer is not implying I am lying at all.

OH YES HE IS!

It may be the tiles produced currently are slightly more robust.

THE TILES PRODUCED CURRENTLY FOR THE SHUTTLE THAT HAS BEEN RETIRED?

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! STOP POSTING WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK, NUT-JOB!

To sum up: massive LOL & FAIL!!!

Yeah whatever Papa.

You know I clearly meant the most recently produced tiles. And in fact it may be that they are still produced and researched for future space programs.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #2519 on: August 16, 2015, 09:37:50 AM »
LOL!!!

Am I supposed to be your interpreter now, moron?

Am I psychic?

YOU said 'the tiles currently produced' & when I pointed out the shuttle has been retired you then somehow blame ME for YOUR OWN dumb mistake?

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?

F**k this; I'm outa here, weirdo... See you in the morning when you've sobered up.

Say goodnight to your boyfriend rayzor for me, dipshit.