It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #1950 on: July 23, 2015, 08:50:31 AM »
You are confusing Recoil Force with rocket propulsion; if the exhaust really were Object B in a Newton 3 scenario, then it would have to SEPARATE FROM & THEN CONTINUE IN AN OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO the rocket; just like the bullet of a gun does, yes?

BUT IT DOES NOT; it is clearly connected to, & travelling with, the rocket at all times.

Thus, simple observation tells us that the exhaust IS PART OF OBJECT A.

WHAT, THEN, IS THE OBJECT B NECESSARY TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF NEWTON 3?

It MUST be something EXTRINSIC to object A...

So what is it, Cultists?

Oh, & please provide physical evidence for your answer; if you do not you will be dismissed.
The "recoil force" of a gun and the propulsion force of a rocket use the same principle, Newton's 3rd law. A gun is one and done while a rocket is continuous. I also will add you don't believe in "recoil force". What you believe is the bullet and spent gunpowder push off the air and cause recoil.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1951 on: July 23, 2015, 08:56:15 AM »
A
When a rocket (object A) ignites its exhaust, it creates an ACTION; what, then, does it REACT against?

The exhaust reacts against the rocket.  You idiot.

LOL!!!

ROFL!!!

LOLOLOLOLO!!!
It was already determined that the exhaust is part of the rocket until it leaves the nozzle. So you are saying the rocket pushes itself. Which as any idiot knows is impossible. If you don't believe it, try as Legba has said. Lift yourself off the ground by pulling on your shoes.
Agreed. The nozzle restricts flow thus speeding up the exhaust. Once the exhaust leaves the nozzle the equal and opposite force comes into play and accelerated the rocket.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #1952 on: July 23, 2015, 08:59:13 AM »
Thank you, hoppy; you have clearly been following the entire thread in a rational manner & come to a logical conclusion.

Do not be deflected by all the schills, schmucks & herberts infesting this place; rocketry is not a complex matter.

They work by pushing on the medium upon which they travel, same as every single other thing in Creation that produces motion does.

It is all very simple, no matter what the sci-fi cultists claim...

Now; watch them Howl, like dogs in the night barking at a noise they cannot comprehend...

Like sock-arul; a deluded & raving liar to the bitter end.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1953 on: July 23, 2015, 09:03:18 AM »
Thank you, hoppy; you have clearly been following the entire thread in a rational manner & come to a logical conclusion.

Do not be deflected by all the schills, schmucks & herberts infesting this place; rocketry is not a complex matter.

They work by pushing on the medium upon which they travel, same as every single other thing in Creation that produces motion does.

It is all very simple, no matter what the sci-fi cultists claim...

Now; watch them Howl, like dogs in the night barking at a noise they cannot comprehend...

Like sock-arul; a deluded & raving liar to the bitter end.
Another post that does not address anything. You really should just admit defeat. It will save us all time. You clearly have no proper rebuttal and instead just spew random crap.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1954 on: July 23, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »
My post addressed EVERYTHING, sock-arul.

& 'a proper rebuttal' to WHAT, exactly?

The FACT that gas molecules can be compressed, with all that implies?

Strain at your leash & Howl away, unthinking dog; nobody cares what your brainless barking means anyway...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1955 on: July 23, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »
You are confusing Recoil Force with rocket propulsion;
Nope.  Rocket propulsion is a recoil force.

... if the exhaust really were Object B in a Newton 3 scenario, then it would have to SEPARATE FROM & THEN CONTINUE IN AN OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO the rocket; just like the bullet of a gun does, yes?
Yes, that's why you see exhaust go down and rockets go up (as in the opposite direction of down).  The exhaust interacting with the atmosphere is a separate action/reaction from the exhaust's action/reaction interaction with the rocket. 

BUT IT DOES NOT; it is clearly connected to, & travelling with, the rocket at all times.
Umm... No.  Rocket exhaust is no more connected to a rocket than water is connected to a fire hose.

Then you need to look closer, because that isn't what's happening at all.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1956 on: July 23, 2015, 11:15:40 AM »
Markjo: DISMISSED for providing no evidence as well as being a PROVEN sock-using weirdo.

See how it works yet?

The bonfire of your vanities is in progress...

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #1957 on: July 23, 2015, 11:23:02 AM »
Markjo: DISMISSED for providing no evidence as well as being a PROVEN sock-using weirdo.

See how it works yet?

You are confusing Recoil Force with rocket propulsion; if the exhaust really were Object B in a Newton 3 scenario, then it would have to SEPARATE FROM & THEN CONTINUE IN AN OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO the rocket; just like the bullet of a gun does, yes?

So what is it, Cultists?

Oh, & please provide physical evidence for your answer; if you do not you will be dismissed.

The exhaust is travelling backwards from the rocket like a bullet shot by a gun (bullets shot by a gun also follows newtons third law. The recoil is the reaction for the action of shooting the bullet).

That exhaust is definately NOT staying with the rocket.
There you go. Evidence.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1958 on: July 23, 2015, 11:28:22 AM »
markjo/mikeman v2.0; admit it; you are broken.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:30:28 AM by Papa Legba »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1959 on: July 23, 2015, 11:33:52 AM »

See how it works yet?

Where is your evidence? You can't even explain your claims.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1960 on: July 23, 2015, 11:37:02 AM »
First of all, I've provided at least as much evidence as you have.  Secondly, socks are only weird when worn with sandals.

See how it works yet?
Yes, I can see quite clearly that you have no interest whatsoever in having a civil discussion.

Whatever. ::)

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1961 on: July 23, 2015, 11:41:28 AM »
Sock-arul: liar.

Markjo: ditto.

Care to provide any evidence for your claims?

After all, if I'm so crazy it should be easy...

So: you claim a rocket 'pushes on itself'; EVIDENCE PLEASE!!!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #1962 on: July 23, 2015, 11:44:06 AM »
Sock-arul: liar.

Markjo: ditto.

Care to provide any evidence for your claims?

After all, if I'm so crazy it should be easy...

No, the exhaust pushes the rocket:

See how it works yet?

So what is it, Cultists?

The exhaust is travelling backwards from the rocket like a bullet shot by a gun (bullets shot by a gun also follows newtons third law. The recoil is the reaction for the action of shooting the bullet).

That exhaust is definately NOT staying with the rocket.
There you go. Evidence.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1963 on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:05 AM »
Wrong.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #1964 on: July 23, 2015, 12:13:09 PM »
Wrong.

Are you blind? No offense.

The exhaust is definately flying out of the rocket.

When in doubt; sources!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1966 on: July 23, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »
No, that isn't what I claim.  I claim that the rocket's exhaust is pushing against the rocket. 

Think about it this way:  If you inflate a balloon, is the air in the balloon a part of the balloon or is the air a separate object contained within the balloon?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1967 on: July 23, 2015, 01:18:56 PM »
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">! No longer available
Once again I will post this video. As you can see in the video the guy has a medicinball and starts to throw it. He accelerates the ball, which requires a force. Newton's thrid law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. And as you can see, the ball also imparts a force on the guy. When the ball is released, the both move in opposite directions.

This video is all the evidence anyone needs.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #1968 on: July 23, 2015, 06:21:19 PM »
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">! No longer available
Once again I will post this video. As you can see in the video the guy has a medicinball and starts to throw it. He accelerates the ball, which requires a force. Newton's thrid law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. And as you can see, the ball also imparts a force on the guy. When the ball is released, the both move in opposite directions.

Or this one for the ones that don't understand momentum:
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1969 on: July 23, 2015, 07:19:39 PM »

Or this one for the ones that don't understand momentum:
Well that just ended this thread.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1970 on: July 24, 2015, 01:38:06 AM »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1971 on: July 24, 2015, 02:53:54 AM »
Super videos. I was amazed at them all. WOW......JUST WOW.

Anyway now that the excitement's died down, can anyone of you explain how a N.A.S.A space rocket works, instead of showing people on skateboards throwing and catching balls or dipshits pumping air and water into rocket shaped objects.
You see, what Papa is asking you. All you tefal headed supposed rocket scientists - is - HOW DO YOUR SPACE ROCKETS WORK.
This means that you would be best explaining how a small combustion chamber manages to vertically propel a rocket into space.
How does a combustion chamber manage to ignite a mix of fuel and oxygen from a pump to push up a 3000 tonne rocket. No it's not a mistake. I'll repeat.
How does a combustion chamber manage to ignite a mix of fuel and oxygen from a pump to push up a THREE THOUSAND TONNE rocket.

Now here's the key to this. You have to try and understand what 3000 tonnes would be like.
Remember that the silly scientist trying to show you his little water rocket. Do you notice it doesn't have a combustion chamber or any chamber at all?
Air forcing water out into atmosphere. Air under pressure forcing dense water out into less dense air which compresses the less dense air into a resistant barrier to that water and that is what the rocket is using to move vertically.
There is nothing inside that water rocket that can propel it.

Those  that can see the truth of it, I commend you. Those who can't or won't - I feel sorry for you. Those who are here to arrogantly try to keep the lie going, you are worthless.

Poko

« Reply #1972 on: July 24, 2015, 03:06:43 AM »
How does a combustion chamber manage to ignite a mix of fuel and oxygen from a pump to push up a 3000 tonne rocket. No it's not a mistake. I'll repeat.
How does a combustion chamber manage to ignite a mix of fuel and oxygen from a pump to push up a THREE THOUSAND TONNE rocket.

Lots and lots of fuel moving very very fast.

More fuel + more fast = more up
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1973 on: July 24, 2015, 03:11:38 AM »
Those  that can see the truth of it, I commend you. Those who can't or won't - I feel sorry for you. Those who are here to arrogantly try to keep the lie going, you are worthless.

Conservation of Momentum,   look it up.    Momentum equals mass times velocity.   Mass is a scalar,  velocity is a vector,   a scalar times a vector is a vector,  momentum is a vector it has magnitude and direction.   The momentum of the exhaust is exactly equal and opposite to the momentum of the rocket.   

Doesn't matter if the rocket is on the moon,  in orbit around mars, or on the launch pad at Cape Kennedy,   or deep in outer space it's still the same.   Exhaust velocity times exhaust mass = rocket velocity times rocket mass.

You can cry on Papa Legba's shoulder,   whimper to Legion and Hoppy about fake this and that,  but  physics will win every time.   You can't beat it.  You don't have a Papa Legba left to stand on.   

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1974 on: July 24, 2015, 03:32:51 AM »

Lots and lots of fuel moving very very fast.

More fuel + more fast = more up
You need to put a bit more effort in. No wonder people can't grasp it. You haven't a clue how it really works. You are happy to be duped with explanations that do not make any sense when thought about clearly for 5 minutes.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1975 on: July 24, 2015, 03:35:29 AM »

Conservation of Momentum,   look it up.    Momentum equals mass times velocity.   Mass is a scalar,  velocity is a vector,   a scalar times a vector is a vector,  momentum is a vector it has magnitude and direction.   The momentum of the exhaust is exactly equal and opposite to the momentum of the rocket.   

Doesn't matter if the rocket is on the moon,  in orbit around mars, or on the launch pad at Cape Kennedy,   or deep in outer space it's still the same.   Exhaust velocity times exhaust mass = rocket velocity times rocket mass.

You can cry on Papa Legba's shoulder,   whimper to Legion and Hoppy about fake this and that,  but  physics will win every time.   You can't beat it.  You don't have a Papa Legba left to stand on.
What's your vector, Victor.  ;D
Geoff, you appear to live off vector and scalar and yet it still means nothing with your big space rockets.
Conservation of momentum is fine as long as you know what you're talking about, which clearly you don't.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1976 on: July 24, 2015, 03:37:16 AM »

Geoff, you appear to live off vector and scalar and yet it still means nothing with your big space rockets.
Conservation of momentum is fine as long as you know what you're talking about, which clearly you don't.

I shudder to ask,  but what is the sceptimatic version of conservation of momentum?

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #1977 on: July 24, 2015, 04:02:09 AM »

He knows what he is talking about. You obviously don't. Imagine the guy on the skateboard is the rocket and the ball is the exhaust. If the exhaust is more massive (a more massive ball) and has higher momentum (Throw the ball harder) the rocket goes faster (The guy goes back further and with more speed) and vice versa. if you would bring a lot of balls with you on a low-friction vehicle, like a skateboard, you could propell yourself by throwing the balls behind you. That is what the rocket is doing - throwing the exhaust behind itself to propell forwards.

When in doubt; sources!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1978 on: July 24, 2015, 04:57:23 AM »
Super videos. I was amazed at them all. WOW......JUST WOW.

Anyway now that the excitement's died down, can anyone of you explain how a N.A.S.A space rocket works, instead of showing people on skateboards throwing and catching balls or dipshits pumping air and water into rocket shaped objects.
You see, what Papa is asking you. All you tefal headed supposed rocket scientists - is - HOW DO YOUR SPACE ROCKETS WORK.
This means that you would be best explaining how a small combustion chamber manages to vertically propel a rocket into space.
Already explained. It's works off of Newton's third law. It takes a force to accelerate the exhaust so an equal and opposite force accelerates the rocket.

Now here's the key to this. You have to try and understand what 3000 tonnes would be like.
Remember that the silly scientist trying to show you his little water rocket. Do you notice it doesn't have a combustion chamber or any chamber at all? Air forcing water out into atmosphere. Air under pressure forcing dense water out into less dense air which compresses the less dense air into a resistant barrier to that water and that is what the rocket is using to move vertically.
Notice how water rockets work better than air rockets? They need the mass of the water to provide more lift than air.  Your explanation is just gibberish.
So it takes of just sitting there empty?

Hoe does a force get transferred from an exhaust molecule hitting air to the rocket? You still cannot answer this.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1979 on: July 24, 2015, 05:33:37 AM »
But those videos explain the very principles that make space rockets work. 

By using Newton's third law as explained in those videos that you don't seem to like.

Well, you get a big tank of liquid oxygen and a big tank of kerosene and get some large, powerful pumps to send the liquid oxygen and kerosene through some pipes to 5 very large rocket engines where they are mixed together and some big spark plugs ignite the mix.

Remember that the silly scientist trying to show you his little water rocket. Do you notice it doesn't have a combustion chamber or any chamber at all?
That's because they aren't burning the water.  The action/reaction principle is exactly the same, however.

Air forcing water out into atmosphere. Air under pressure forcing dense water out into less dense air which compresses the less dense air into a resistant barrier to that water and that is what the rocket is using to move vertically.
In an open system, like the atmosphere, less dense air isn't compressed by more dense water, it's displaced (moved out of the way).

Yes there is.  It's the mass of the water being quickly pushed out through a small opening at the end of the bottle.

Apparently you don't realize that we feel the exact same way about you.