It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #1470 on: June 26, 2015, 12:51:44 PM »
Is the velocity of the shuttle's exhaust 10.000 mph or not?
Cos if it is, then Newton 3 takes care of the rest...
That's neither a yes or a no.
Is velocity a force?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #1471 on: June 26, 2015, 12:54:11 PM »
Why?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #1472 on: June 26, 2015, 12:57:19 PM »
Is the velocity of the shuttle's exhaust 10.000 mph or not?
Cos if it is, then Newton 3 takes care of the rest...
That's neither a yes or a no.
Is velocity a force?
there are questions that you can't answer with yes or no you evil woman

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #1473 on: June 26, 2015, 12:58:19 PM »
Why?

Yes or no. Not why. Just answer the question, and you'll see.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1474 on: June 26, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »
No.

I will not answer you pointless question.

& LOL!!!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:03:21 PM by Papa Legba »

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #1475 on: June 26, 2015, 01:04:10 PM »
I will not answer you pointless question.
It's not pointless.
Ok then, what do you think Newton's Law refers to? Velocities, or forces?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1476 on: June 26, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »
Prove that the  EQUAL & OPPOSITE of 10.000 mph is 17,500 mph & I may start listening to you.

But you can't, so I won't...

Bye, Jane!

LOL!!!"

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #1477 on: June 26, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »
Prove that the  EQUAL & OPPOSITE of 0
Equal and opposite what? Velocity or force?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1478 on: June 26, 2015, 02:07:06 PM »
Prove that the  EQUAL & OPPOSITE of 10.000 mph is 17,500 mph & I may start listening to you.

But you can't, so I won't...

Bye, Jane!

LOL!!!"

That's easy.  Newton's 3rd law states that forces are equal and opposite, not speeds.  If you had a 10,000 pound object and a 17,500 pound object which pushed off of each other hard enough then the 10,000 pound object would be going 17,500 miles per hour and the 17,500 pound object would be going 10,000 miles per hour.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #1479 on: June 26, 2015, 02:32:02 PM »
Also one minor point here Papa;

If the exhaust leave the rocket at 10,000mph it will always be relative to the rocket. So for example if the rocket is going at 17,500mph forward, then the exhaust will be going 7,500mph forward relative to the ground or 10,000mph backwards relative to the rocket.

In any case, you need to read Newtons 3rd carefully. It is about equal and opposite forces. Each exhibit particle exerts a little force on the rocket and accelerates it a tiny bit. The rocket exerts the same force on the particle which accelerated it a lot. Repeat with billions of particles and the net effect is the rocket accelerates a huge amount and releases a lot of exhaust very quickly.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1480 on: June 26, 2015, 04:54:42 PM »
Markjo: a Lawyer is NOT a Scientist; please learn the difference.
???  Who said anything about lawyers?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1481 on: June 27, 2015, 12:12:49 AM »
Hmm; seems the maximum exhaust velocity of gunpowder-fuelled rockets, such as fireworks, is 1,300 mph.

& their maximum velocity is little more than 150 mph, making them roughly 10% efficient.

Yet NASA's rockets, with their maximum exhaust velocities of 10,000 mph & maximum velocities of 17,500 mph, are somehow 175% efficient...

Care to explain how?

Simply, please, & in your own words, also providing easily-verifiable evidence & simple experiments to support your claims.

As I have done to support mine.

Off you go...

« Reply #1482 on: June 27, 2015, 12:50:02 AM »
The relative velocity of the exhaust and a rockets final maximum velocity are not a measure of its efficiency. A simple fireworks rocket can be made to travel faster simply by increasing the amount of fuel it carries and thereby the time it spends accelerating and thus reaching a higher final velocity.

A rockets efficiency is measured by the amount of available energy compared to the amount of useful energy. Eg the total energy release of the fuel and oxidiser payload compared the kinetic energy imparted on the rocket.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1483 on: June 27, 2015, 03:04:42 AM »
Observation is the first step in the scientific method.

& from simple observation, we can see that the acceleration of a firework rocket is almost instantaneous.

With further observation we can also see that they do not appear to be gaining much extra velocity the higher they fly either.

Thus, observation suggests that, by the time a firework rocket's fuel runs out, it has already attained maximum velocity.

Which is 150 mph, as compared to an exhaust velocity of 1,300 mph, making them c.10% efficient.

Anyhow; provide simple evidence & experiments please, such as I just provided above, to unlock the mysteries of NASA's magical 175% efficient rockets.

Let's do some SCIENCE!

« Reply #1484 on: June 27, 2015, 03:18:04 AM »
They're not 175% efficient you halfwit. Rockets are ctually very inefficient in terms of energy conversion.

The exhaust velocity is in relation to the rocket itself ie it is 10,000mph ( or whatever the actual figure is) faster than the rocket at all times.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1485 on: June 27, 2015, 03:45:29 AM »
I beg your pardon?

Care to offer up some evidence or experiments to justify your half-witted gibber-spam?

You know; like I do...

« Reply #1486 on: June 27, 2015, 03:52:52 AM »
I beg your pardon?

Care to offer up some evidence or experiments to justify your half-witted gibber-spam?

You know; like I do...

Look it's not rocket science. Oh wait, it is. Perhap here is where the problem lies.

The exhaust velocity is determine by the combustion reaction in the Rockets engine system. Assuming a constant 'throttle' the exhaust will always leave the rocket nozzle at the same relative speed to the rocket ( ignoring atmospheric pressure reducing on the way up - this actually increased exhaust velocity).

If the exhaust velocity is constant then the force on the rocket is constant and there acceleration will continue until fuel is depleted and switched off. Therefore maximum velocity is only limited by two things. Fuel supply and speed of light.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1487 on: June 27, 2015, 04:00:41 AM »
Yes, I know that's yours & NASA's theory.

I'm just asking you why simple observation (which is the first step in the scientific method, fyi) of a firework rocket does not support your theory, whilst it does support mine.

& I'm also asking you to provide simple evidence & experiments in support of what you claim.

Which you haven't.

Duly noted.

« Reply #1488 on: June 27, 2015, 04:25:48 AM »

I'm just asking you why simple observation (which is the first step in the scientific method, fyi) of a firework rocket does not support your theory, whilst it does support mine.

& I'm also asking you to provide simple evidence & experiments in support of what you claim.

Which you haven't.

Duly noted.

Your simple observation of a firework rocket is incredibly flawed. You cannot measure the velocity and acceleration of a firework by sight. If you can provide actual measurements then great.

Simple evidence and experiments? Every firework ever launched. Every water rocket ever launched. All space flight by multiple nations, agencies and firms. Newtons 3rd applied (correctly) and other basic laws of mechanics.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1489 on: June 27, 2015, 05:02:50 AM »

Which you haven't.

Duly noted.

Your simple observation of a firework rocket is incredibly flawed. You cannot measure the velocity and acceleration of a firework by sight. If you can provide actual measurements then great.

Simple evidence and experiments? Every firework ever launched. Every water rocket ever launched. All space flight by multiple nations, agencies and firms. Newtons 3rd applied (correctly) and other basic laws of mechanics.
Well why don't you show him where it's incredibly flawed?
He's just shown you the flaws in NASA and affiliate's rockets. so show him where he's wrong by explaining how they manage to go against what Papa has said.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #1490 on: June 27, 2015, 05:17:11 AM »
Okay. Give me until July 5th.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1491 on: June 27, 2015, 05:28:39 AM »
Mainframes: LOL!!!

I have showed, repeatedly & with simple experimental evidence, that NASA's rocketry model violates Newton's 3rd Law in every way possible.

It also violates Free Expansion of gas in a vacuum, but meh; that's just the icing on the cake...

As for the firework rockets; go buy a few, then set them off & OBSERVE what they do.

You will SEE that the acceleration is almost instantaneous, & that they achieve speeds nowhere near their exhaust velocity of 1,300 mph.

If they did, you would OBSERVE  a sonic boom, would you not?

Further, for you to suggest that we cannot trust our own senses is yet more BRAINWASHING, just like you & your cult-member brethren's constant admonitions to me that because you all keep telling me the same thing, I should just accept it as True, even though all the evidence suggests it is NOT.

Really: STOP TRYING TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE, MAINFRAMES!

& START POSTING EVIDENCE!

OKAY?

lol!

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #1492 on: June 27, 2015, 06:01:05 AM »
I have showed, repeatedly & with simple experimental evidence, that NASA's rocketry model violates Newton's 3rd Law in every way possible.
Does Newton's Third Law apply to forces or velocities?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1493 on: June 27, 2015, 06:28:19 AM »
Does Newton's Third Law apply to forces or velocities?
Action and equal reaction applies to everything.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #1494 on: June 27, 2015, 07:07:33 AM »
*Sigh*
Energy is kept. Velocity, however, isn't. Bounce a ball and see.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1495 on: June 27, 2015, 07:18:33 AM »
Yes, BJ; Newton 3 does deal with forces.

& a mass moving at 10,000 mph creates a force.

Now explain how NASA's rockets can accelerate PAST the maximum velocity of their exhausts by 7,500 mph (cos that's a LOT!).

Simply, in your own words, & providing easily-verifiable evidence & experiments to back up your claims, please.

Misero: *Sigh* That's odd, cos I just tried dropping a medicine ball & it didn't bounce at all...

Enough with the crooked rhetorical tricks, FALSE ANALOGIES & general fail; just start with the SCIENCE, please!

LOL!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1496 on: June 27, 2015, 07:19:22 AM »
Mainframes: LOL!!!

It also violates Free Expansion of gas in a vacuum, but meh; that's just the icing on the cake...

As for the firework rockets; go buy a few, then set them off & OBSERVE what they do.

You will SEE that the acceleration is almost instantaneous, & that they achieve speeds nowhere near their exhaust velocity of 1,300 mph.

If they did, you would OBSERVE  a sonic boom, would you not?
How did you verify that the exhaust velocity of the firework rockets is 1300 mph?  Did you observe the sonic boom of the exhaust gasses?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1497 on: June 27, 2015, 07:42:15 AM »
Markjo: LOL!!!

I googled a few places & took an average; would you like to offer an alternative number?

Remember how I predicted you'd pull this kinda cheap, crooked stunt with the shuttle exhaust velocity?

Which is why I made YOU state what it was, so you couldn't argue about it.

Yet here we are...

Just LOL!!!

Really, markjo; your utter intellectual dishonesty is an inspiration to all lawyers, everywhere, ever.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #1498 on: June 27, 2015, 07:57:14 AM »
Yes, BJ; Newton 3 does deal with forces.
& a mass moving at 10,000 mph creates a force.
Yep. Mass.

Now explain how NASA's rockets can accelerate PAST the maximum velocity of their exhausts by 7,500 mph (cos that's a LOT!).
Because the force is relevant. The force involves speed, but is not exclusively dependent on speed.

Simply, in your own words, & providing easily-verifiable evidence & experiments to back up your claims, please.
What claim? That more mass means more force? Shoot a pea, measure how fast it goes. Get it as fast as possible: measured in mph if possible. Now, get a car to go the same speed. Get hit by the pea, get hit by the car. Which imparts more force?
After all, all that matters here is Newton, as you said. If there is a larger mass going at some speed, the smaller mass will go faster if forces are to be balanced.

If you disagree, please share: where does the excess force go?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #1499 on: June 27, 2015, 08:05:24 AM »
Into acceleration & distance travelled.

But the motion of Object B will not exceed the velocity at which it's struck by Object A.

If you disagree then prove it.