It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »

Nearly dying of carbon dioxide poisoning during Apollo 13, a Russian capsule exploding on reentry, 2 space shuttles exploding while taking off and landing, the Apollo 1 fire, the constant risk of being hit by space debris and micrometeorites, exercising for a few hours a day just to keep your bones from degrading, the Mir space station almost getting destroyed by a Russian Bruan space ship bumping into it after a software failure, Space Shuttle Atlantis almost loosong a wing on reentry, and the rigorous schedules astronauts have to follow to get what they need done.  That just sounds like sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows right?
Hollywood?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »
Well, you are the forum daddy so who am I to disagree with all the tosh you spam off wikipedia & nasa.gov sites?

Put your pitchfork down for a moment, daddy, & honestly state, once & for all, if you have personal, first-hand experience of space travel.

If not then everything you say is a matter of blind faith.

& I don't buy blind faith.

Daddy.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »
P.s. my last post was aimed at Rama 'daddy' Set & mikeman-blah.

Though they do seem to be strangely inter-changeable, so in future I'll just treat em as one person.

it'll save time; I may add others as necessary.

Enough of that though; anyone been to space yet?

Or feel like making fools of themselves by lying about it?

Lovely, floaty space, where only special people go & nobody ever dies...

Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeam on!

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2015, 01:10:04 PM »

Clearly you know nothing about the history of space exploration. Plenty of people have died. Apollo 1, Challenger, Columbia and several in the Russian program.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2015, 01:17:20 PM »
To: mainframes.

Clearly you haven't been to space either.

Yet, as with the rest of your drone-like brethren, you are an expert in all aspects of it.

I don't intend to get dragged into minutiae by you madmen, so I'll leave it up to the neutral reader to note the ridiculous obfuscations & discrepancies in all of your posts...

Me, I just want to know if any of you been to space yet?

Keep the dream alive, daddy-o!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2015, 01:24:39 PM »
P.s. my last post was aimed at Rama 'daddy' Set & mikeman-blah.

Though they do seem to be strangely inter-changeable, so in future I'll just treat em as one person.

it'll save time; I may add others as necessary.

Enough of that though; anyone been to space yet?

Or feel like making fools of themselves by lying about it?

Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeam on!

Did you miss my last post?  I'll quote it again but this time in big red bold Comic Sans so it's harder to ignore:

Nearly dying of carbon dioxide poisoning during Apollo 13, a Russian capsule exploding on reentry, 2 space shuttles exploding while taking off and landing, the Apollo 1 fire, the constant risk of being hit by space debris and micrometeorites, exercising for a few hours a day just to keep your bones from degrading, the Mir space station almost getting destroyed by a Russian Bruan space ship bumping into it after a software failure, Space Shuttle Atlantis almost loosong a wing on reentry, and the rigorous schedules astronauts have to follow to get what they need done.  That just sounds like sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows right?

I know that ignoring information is a big part of being a flat earther because if you actually use logic and look at things objectively then you become a round earther, but just this once I would like you to to start grinding the rusty gears in your head and think objectively.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »
To: mikeman-spam.

Have you been to space?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2015, 01:32:38 PM »
To: mikeman-spam.

Have you been to space?

No, but I have preformed an experiment which proves that the Earth is round.  It's linked in the second link in my forum signature (WARNING: it might endanger your flat earth beliefs and force you to think objectively).  I have also seen the International Space Station flying overhead and communicated with satellites.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2015, 01:42:47 PM »
So; mikeman.nasa.gov hasn't been to space either & thus has no 1st-hand evidence for anything he says on the subject.

This is like pulling teeth...

Anyhow; one more down.

Next!

Anyone else here been to space?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2015, 01:49:22 PM »
So; mikeman.nasa.gov hasn't been to space either & thus has no 1st-hand evidence for anything he says on the subject.

This is like pulling teeth...

Anyhow; one more down.

Next!

Only 536 people have been to space and there are over 7,000,000,000 people in the (round) world.  There are other ways to know that space exists other then being there, you can freaking SEE IT!  Have you ever been to a cloud?  How do you know they exist?  Because you can see them when you look up in the sky.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2015, 01:58:33 PM »
Okay, I think mikeman's had enough for now.

Poor lad, probably time to stop eh?

Besides which, I'm tired & need my kip, what with the life & the wife & the job etc.

But don't worry, I'll return soon to find out if any of you have been to space yet.

So get busy space-cadets...

Remember; you need to be Special to go to space, so work hard at that.

Until then: Keep dreaming!

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2015, 02:02:14 PM »

Not many have. You keep repeating it; is there a point to this question?

Despite your protestations, it's not necessary to have been to a place to know a lot abut it. Your inability to learn from others is not everyone's problem. Sorry.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
Another post full of blah & fail from Alpha2omega.

We've already established you haven't been to space so, errm...

Goodnight!

Happy space-dreams to you all.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »

Goodnight!

And we've already established that you haven't been out of your Mom's basement so, errm....

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2015, 02:20:10 PM »

Besides which, I'm tired & need my kip, what with the life & the wife & the job etc.

But don't worry, I'll return soon to find out if any of you have been to space yet.

I'm sorry, but you must be truly ignorant of statistics and large numbers.  Do you seriously think that someone who has been an astronaut is likely to be amongst the handful of round earthers posting here?  And you do understand that there's another 7 billion people out there that have never travelled to space?  Or maybe you do not LOL.

Whatever, yours is a nonsensical question.  I may as well ask you if you have ever dived to the bottom (depth = 11km) of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific Ocean.  Obviously I know beforehand your answer will be "no" but that doesn't sanction me claiming that others have not.  In fact James Cameron, Jacques Piccard, and Lt Don Walsh have all made the descent.

So; do you accept the depth of the Marianas Trench as being 11km or not?  And if you don't, have you been there yourself to disprove it?
There's something in this forum that makes you can't speak well...

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2015, 02:37:55 PM »
Okay, I think mikeman's had enough for now.

Poor lad, probably time to stop eh?

So get busy space-cadets...

Remember; you need to be Special to go to space, so work hard at that.

Until then: Keep dreaming!

You don't need to be special to go to space, it's not like space travel is being restricted to the public.  Space travel is REALLY expensive and the average person can't make enough money in his or her lifetime to buy a space craft capable of reaching orbit.  There are companies like Virgin Galactic which bring civilians into a sub orbit and other companies like SpaceX will bring you into orbit, it's very expensive but the option is still there.  Many space agencies including NASA will launch satellites into orbit commercially, and those satellites are often made by universities and companies.  There is no way NASA could fake so much data, they would need hundreds of supercomputers and thousands of employees working around the clock to produce terabytes of fake data every day without ever making a single mistake because that mistake would be caught by the millions of scientists analyzing the data.

Astronauts for NASA are chosen because they have skills that NASA needs them for, they are trained for a few years and they generally go into space a few times because training new astronauts is expensive.  It's all economics, why spend time and money when you don't have to.

There have actually already been a few space tourists who were just civilians who paid space agencies to bring them into space.  Space tourism is a rapidly growing industry and the fact that it exists is yet another proof that space travel is real.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »
Papa Legba, have you ever been to Australia?
I haven't. Should I conclude it doesn't exist, or that it's impossible to get there?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »

Not many have. You keep repeating it; is there a point to this question?

Despite your protestations, it's not necessary to have been to a place to know a lot abut it. Your inability to learn from others is not everyone's problem. Sorry.

Goodnight!

I, and others, answered your direct question, but you refuse to answer mine, so, errm...

This evasion must mean there is no point to your question, or you would have answered it. Why do you keep asking it, especially when you ignore the answers you don't like, anyway?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2015, 07:49:20 PM »

Richard Branson makes Billions of dollars, and is actively trying to reach space.... but cannot get higher than a 100-200,000 feet. Don't you think that is odd?

This Branson space glider with a fireworks engine Virgin Galaxy is really a joke.
No, your constant attempts to trivialize and belittle space travel makes you a  joke.

It must be carried by an airplane to say 10 000 m altitude, where it is dropped off and starts to glide - like a sail plane. Time to start the engine. The engine is just a solid fuel fireworks that burns for 90 seconds and in that time the pilot shall manually steer the glider from horizontal flight to vertically straight up flight into space at 100 000 m altitude. Doesn't appear difficult.
Actually, the rocket is a hybrid motor using solid propellant and a liquid oxidizer.

And then the glider space craft drops back to Earth and hits atmosphere at increasing speed and it is time to manually brake the thing. If it is possible, nobody knows, incl. any pilot or Branson. I assume the Virgin Galaxy will go into an uncontrolled spin or just break up. It cannot possibly land again.
Nope.  SpaceShip2 uses a feathered reentry system that stabilizes the craft during the relatively low speed reentry.

The only test flight so far ended in disaster with the space craft breaking apart going up.
Actually, SpaceShip2 underwent 54 test flights, most of them unpowered.  The accident occurred on the 4th powered test flight (the first with the new solid propellent mix).

Apparently hundreds of people have bought expensive tickets for a flight. I can recommend less expensive suicide methods.
How many of these less expensive suicide methods have you personally tested?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2015, 10:12:20 PM »
Could you all stop whining & please learn to read?

As I have already stated, the point of my question is that if none of you have been to space then you have no direct evidence of anything that supposedly happens up there.

And you can stop lying too; there are no dead bodies bobbing around in lovely, floaty space.

The astronauts in nasa's ISS & Moon adverts all seem happy.

& only special, worthy people get to go there.

But enough of that; stick to the point: have any of you been to space yet?

Keep on lying & diverting if you wish; as I said before, it only makes you look even more foolish.

Dream away, space-cadets!

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »

The only test flight so far ended in disaster with the space craft breaking apart going up.
Actually, SpaceShip2 underwent 54 test flights, most of them unpowered.  The accident occurred on the 4th powered test flight (the first with the new solid propellent mix).

Let's agree that SS2 has never been in space and any tests (sic) so far has been at low speeds at low altitudes ... and you wonder what they are testing there? That SS2 can glide in air?
The engine has only solid fuel for 70 seconds and can thus only provide power for that short time. If it can be stopped and restarted is not clear ... and you wonder why it should have that capacity. To avoid colliding with other space ships?
The SS2 cannot be steered or brake in space! The brake and steering only works at say <20 000 m altitude but there is no guarantee that SS2 is stable then. The speed may then be >1000 m/s and SS2 has never been tested at that speed.

It seems the whole thing is a Branson toy to impress boys and girls believing in human space travel.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2015, 10:34:43 PM »
Could you all stop whining & please learn to read?

As I have already stated, the point of my question is that if none of you have been to space then you have no direct evidence of anything that supposedly happens up there.

And you can stop lying too; there are no dead bodies bobbing around in lovely, floaty space.

The astronauts in nasa's ISS & Moon adverts all seem happy.

& only special, worthy people get to go there.

Keep on lying & diverting if you wish; as I said before, it only makes you look even more foolish.

Dream away, space-cadets!

I have answered this twice already, I am seriously considering blocking you so I don't have to see you spam this thread with that same question despite being given multiple answers.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2015, 12:24:57 AM »
And if you have never been to Australia/any location in the world, you have no direct evidence of what happens there. Should you then conclude it is impossible to reach?

Have you been to Australia yet?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2015, 12:52:09 AM »
I haven't. Should I conclude it doesn't exist, or that it's impossible to get there?
Are you an expert on Australia, assuming it does exist? Would the real experts be the ones who actually live in Australia and explore it?

As papa said: how many of you have been to space. He just wants to know how many experts there is, who aren't just spouting hot air and expertise with no back up.

I've had a good laugh at the frenzy some people went into to try and backup the space crap.  ;D
Someone asks a question and all hell breaks loose. Why in the hell would people like Mike and co go into such a spasm over space and all that.

Funny as hell to read. Papa asks a simple question and it's meltdown city.  ;D

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2015, 01:17:38 AM »
Are you an expert on Australia, assuming it does exist? Would the real experts be the ones who actually live in Australia and explore it?

So, are you saying that you must be an expert on Australia in order to say it is possible to get there?

?

tappet

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2015, 01:53:59 AM »
So what happens to the bodies in space, do they decompose or because of the vacuum  they become cryovaced?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:33:53 AM by tappet »

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2015, 04:47:44 AM »

As papa said: how many of you have been to space. He just wants to know how many experts there is, who aren't just spouting hot air and expertise with no back up.

I've had a good laugh at the frenzy some people went into to try and backup the space crap.  ;D
Someone asks a question and all hell breaks loose. Why in the hell would people like Mike and co go into such a spasm over space and all that.

Funny as hell to read. Papa asks a simple question and it's meltdown city.  ;D
It is pretty reasonable, what Jane is doing.
Papa is claiming that because some people haven't been to space, that they cant say anything about it.
She took space, and substituted Australia.
This is an example of how idiotic papa's premise is.

BTW- I haven't been to space, and don't claim any special knowledge of such.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2015, 05:22:25 AM »
So what happens to the bodies in space, do they decompose or because of the vacuum  they become cryovaced?

What bodies in space?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2015, 05:31:24 AM »

Let's agree that SS2 has never been in space and any tests (sic) so far has been at low speeds at low altitudes ... and you wonder what they are testing there? That SS2 can glide in air?
Yes.  Seeing as commercial aircraft must undergo rigorous flight testing before being approved to carry passengers, I'd say it's quite prudent to test SS2's flight characteristics in unpowered, as well as powered modes.

The engine has only solid fuel for 70 seconds and can thus only provide power for that short time. If it can be stopped and restarted is not clear ... and you wonder why it should have that capacity. To avoid colliding with other space ships?
I don't recall anyone claiming that the rocket motor could be restarted.  It can, however, be stopped early for safety reasons if necessary.

The SS2 cannot be steered or brake in space!
SS2 basically follows a parabolic ballistic trajectory.  Steering and/or braking while briefly in space isn't really necessary.

The brake and steering only works at say <20 000 m altitude but there is no guarantee that SS2 is stable then. The speed may then be >1000 m/s and SS2 has never been tested at that speed.
That's why SS2 was conducting powered flight tests.  Please try to keep up, will you?

It seems the whole thing is a Branson toy to impress boys and girls believing in human space travel.
Why shouldn't a quick ballistic trip to 100km high be possible?  What technical reasons can you think of that should make such a venture impossible? 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2015, 05:56:35 AM »
I have been to space, how many times must I tell you?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.