It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship

• 4284 Replies

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Re: It's 2015 and you aren't even close to owning a Spaceship
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 08:25:06 AM »
it's amazing that as soon as something becomes possible, it gets monetized. cars are designed, and quickly sold. even guns were spread around: and yet space travel is apparently the one exception. oh, it's been promised so many times. still hasn't happened.

What do you mean?  The space industry generates over $300B a year in revenues.

are you even paying attention to, for example, the title of the thread?
let alone what i was actually saying...
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

Techros

• Destroyer of Flat Worlds
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 08:59:43 AM »
I'll take that as a 'no' from Falseprophet too.

Two down; next?

Strange how so many people believe in all this space-malarkey & are willing to call everyone who doubts it 'crackpots', yet none of them have any first-hand experience of it whatsoever.

Just pure belief.

Comes across kinda like a Religion to me...

Have you ever worked at Microsoft? If not, does Microsoft not exist? Ever been to Mount Everest? Is the bottom of the ocean nonexistent, as you've never been there?
FEH is like tying rubber ducks to your car to go across the pacific: it might work, but why not take a better way?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 01:02:59 PM »
Lots of blather & diversion here, but it still looks like none of you have been to space.

You know what I call someone who claims to be an expert in something they've never actually experienced?

A con-man.

Though they could just be a crank I guess?

Whatever; keep dreaming, Space-cadets, & don't forget to pay your taxes!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 01:25:03 PM »
Aaaand... Bump!

You ain't been to space.

Your dad ain't been to space.

Your sister & your brother & your ever-loving mother; none of em been to space...

BUT!!!

You know all about it.

Cos you been TOLD all about it.

YET:

None of you been to space.

Keep.

On.

Dreaming.

Suckers!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2015, 01:26:14 PM »
This is in response to the original post.

Nobody ever promised private space flight and flying cars, those were predictions.  The main reason why we are not using space ships in place of cars is that they are really expensive.  With our current technology, getting something into low Earth orbit costs about $10,000 per pound.  Getting into space is not easy, it takes rockets which cost millions of dollars and can only be used once.  If you happened to have $70,000,000 on hand then you can buy a seat on a Soyuz rocket and stay on the International Space Station for a while, so space flight is not off limits to civilians, although it's still not within the budget of the average person.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2015, 01:34:07 PM »
This is in response to mikeman-whatever's post: GROW UP!

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2015, 01:43:27 PM »
This is in response to mikeman-whatever's post: GROW UP!

You know "whatever" is longer than 7918?  Considering the quality of your posts vs Mike's, I think you should consider taking your own advice.

-The Forum Daddy
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
Lots of blather & diversion here, but it still looks like none of you have been to space.

You know what I call someone who claims to be an expert in something they've never actually experienced?

A con-man.

Though they could just be a crank I guess?

Whatever; keep dreaming, Space-cadets, & don't forget to pay your taxes!

Who claimed to be an expert?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2015, 01:52:31 PM »
More diversion & wriggling; you been to space yet Rama Set?

Didn't think so.

Next!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2015, 01:57:59 PM »
P.S. Thank you, Rama Set, for stating that no-one here's an expert on space; I'll bear that in mind next time anyone pontificates on the subject.

But never mind that; anyone here actually BEEN to space yet?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »
More diversion & wriggling; you been to space yet Rama Set?

Didn't think so.

Next!

I already said I had been.  Please don't forget to read the thread!

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2015, 02:03:16 PM »
P.S. Thank you, Rama Set, for stating that no-one here's an expert on space; I'll bear that in mind next time anyone pontificates on the subject.

But never mind that; anyone here actually BEEN to space yet?

Why does one have to be an expert to discuss a topic with certainty?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2015, 02:07:36 PM »
to: Rama Set.

You just called yourself 'the forum daddy'; forgive me if I never take you seriously ever again.

Plus, you been to space yet?

Btw, don't expect any replies for a while, cos I got a life, job, wife, etc,  so need sleep & such.

That okay, 'daddy'?

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2015, 02:18:47 PM »
If you have nothing to add but idiotic comments that add nothing to the conversation, kindly go away. We do not need to do something to know how it works. Have you ever moderated a forum? I assume you know how it works, do you not? Find reported posts, do what you need to do to them, repeat.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2015, 03:06:59 PM »
What do we have? Satellites that give us minutes-old photos from space http://gizmodo.com/this-photo-of-san-francisco-was-shot-just-minutes-ago-f-1700474148

Drones that do mapping for us. http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/great-demo-of-drone-mapping-using-mapbox-and-pix4d-with-a-3d-robo

Real-time mapping of a backpacking trip http://blog.thematicmapping.org/2015_04_01_archive.html

It's 2015 where's your map? Where's your evidence of the ice wall?
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2015, 09:46:23 PM »
I have no idea what the last two comments meant.

There's some very odd people here, banging on about satellites, moderators, ice walls & being 'the daddy'.

All I want to know is if any of you have been to space?

You can lie if you like; just makes you look even more foolish.

But not as foolish as believing in all this space-malarkey to begin with.

Keep dreaming, daddy-o!

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2015, 10:30:47 PM »
I have no idea what the last two comments meant.

There's some very odd people here, banging on about satellites, moderators, ice walls & being 'the daddy'.

All I want to know is if any of you have been to space?

You can lie if you like; just makes you look even more foolish.

But not as foolish as believing in all this space-malarkey to begin with.

Keep dreaming, daddy-o!

I have been to space. ama

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2015, 12:52:43 AM »
Looks like nobody can answer Papa's question about going to space.
Many experts on space travel and even Mikeman's poundage per dollars calculations are there for all to see. All this without any knowledge of space travel in any physical sense.

Papa asked a question about who's been to space. Rama is the only one that's been to space, it seems, yet doesn't seem to recall anything about it. Maybe he was asleep on his mission.

So who's the experts?
Mikeman the 17 year old kid seems the only potential expert on here after Geoffrey the Aussie, yet none of them will admit to being in space. Hmmmmm.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2015, 05:37:16 AM »
Many experts on space travel and even Mikeman's poundage per dollars calculations are there for all to see. All this without any knowledge of space travel in any physical sense.

Papa asked a question about who's been to space. Rama is the only one that's been to space, it seems, yet doesn't seem to recall anything about it. Maybe he was asleep on his mission.

So who's the experts?
Mikeman the 17 year old kid seems the only potential expert on here after Geoffrey the Aussie, yet none of them will admit to being in space. Hmmmmm.

No one asked me a question!  I remember it all vividly.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2015, 06:16:38 AM »
the shuttles would have been the perfect chance for some space tourism. reusable, constantly going up, bring one or two tourists each time: but no.  the only layperson offered to go to space was a teacher, and that was on challenger. great coincidence there.
Excuse me, but what about the 7 tourists that Russia sent to space?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_tourism#List_of_flown_space_tourists

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2015, 10:06:15 AM »

So who's the experts?

The average person does not make enough money in their life to afford a space ship.  That's why space travel is not something that everyone has done.  That is assuming that that person never buys food or anything at all and just save up their entire life.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:09:08 AM by mikeman7918 »

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »

So who's the experts?

The average person does not make enough money in their life to afford a space ship.  That's why space travel is not something that everyone has done.  That is assuming that that person never buys food or anything at all and just save up their entire life.

Richard Branson makes Billions of dollars, and is actively trying to reach space.... but cannot get higher than a 100-200,000 feet. Don't you think that is odd?

All of the highest altitude records are set using Air Balloons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_altitude_record

Isn't that strange?

Nasa was able to travel 220,000 miles to the moon in 72 hours 40-50 years ago, but no one can do it today!

We are still using 1700s technology in 2015 to reach space....
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2015, 09:36:50 AM »
Richard Branson makes Billions of dollars, and is actively trying to reach space.... but cannot get higher than a 100-200,000 feet. Don't you think that is odd?
Nope.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2015, 09:50:24 AM »

Has he tried paying the Russians to take him into orbit in a Soyuz space craft?  They are selling rides to anyone who can afford it.

All of the highest altitude records are set using Air Balloons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_altitude_record

Isn't that strange?

Air balloons use buoyancy to go up and they have a height limit because the atmosphere gets thinner as you get higher.  Balloons can't reach space because there is no air in space.  I do not go d that strange at all.

Nasa was able to travel 220,000 miles to the moon in 72 hours 40-50 years ago, but no one can do it today!

In 1969 there was a Cold War to push the development of the space program and there was a huge amount of public support.  Nobody ever said that going to the Moon was easy.  Moon missions take longer then 72 hours, if you include the time speant building the rocket it took 6 months for each mission and that's not even including the years speant designing and prototyping the Saturn V.

We havn't been to the Moon sense Apolli because there is no need to.  It has already been done and there is no real reason to do it again, especially considering how hard it is.

We are still using 1700s technology in 2015 to reach space....

That is so wrong that I don't even know where to start.  In the 1700's almost none of the technology used in space travel even existed.  Airplanes and cars didn't even exist at the time.  I am having trouble thinking of a single piece of technology from 1700 used in space travel.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 10:06:03 AM »
We havn't been to the Moon sense Apolli because there is no need to.  It has already been done and there is no real reason to do it again, especially considering how hard it is.
Actually, there does seem to be enough renewed interest in the moon that there have several space agencies have engaged in a number of unmanned lunar missions.  It seems that one of the greatest challenges of continued lunar exploration is finding a compelling reason to do so.  Mars seems to be on everyone's mind right now and the moon doesn't really help much towards that goal.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 10:14:31 AM »

This Branson space glider with a fireworks engine Virgin Galaxy is really a joke. It must be carried by an airplane to say 10 000 m altitude, where it is dropped off and starts to glide - like a sail plane. Time to start the engine. The engine is just a solid fuel fireworks that burns for 90 seconds and in that time the pilot shall manually steer the glider from horizontal flight to vertically straight up flight into space at 100 000 m altitude. Doesn't appear difficult.
And then the glider space craft drops back to Earth and hits atmosphere at increasing speed and it is time to manually brake the thing. If it is possible, nobody knows, incl. any pilot or Branson. I assume the Virgin Galaxy will go into an uncontrolled spin or just break up. It cannot possibly land again.
The only test flight so far ended in disaster with the space craft breaking apart going up. Apparently hundreds of people have bought expensive tickets for a flight. I can recommend less expensive suicide methods.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2015, 10:21:05 AM »

This Branson space glider with a fireworks engine Virgin Galaxy is really a joke. It must be carried by an airplane to say 10 000 m altitude, where it is dropped off and starts to glide - like a sail plane. Time to start the engine. The engine is just a solid fuel fireworks that burns for 90 seconds and in that time the pilot shall manually steer the glider from horizontal flight to vertically straight up flight into space at 100 000 m altitude. Doesn't appear difficult.
And then the glider space craft drops back to Earth and hits atmosphere at increasing speed and it is time to manually brake the thing. If it is possible, nobody knows, incl. any pilot or Branson. I assume the Virgin Galaxy will go into an uncontrolled spin or just break up. It cannot possibly land again.
The only test flight so far ended in disaster with the space craft breaking apart going up. Apparently hundreds of people have bought expensive tickets for a flight. I can recommend less expensive suicide methods.

You are so wrong that I don't know where to start.  First of all it's called Space Ship Two, not the Birgin Galaxy.  Also, the only probelem you seem to have found is the part where it glides and lands in a runway, and last I checked airplanes didn't fail every time they try to take off.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »
So, I took a day or so off; plenty of time for one of you to take a quick trip up to orbit then a leisurely splash-down...

Anybody manage that yet?

The thing about space is that in nasa's adverts it looks all lovely & floaty, everybody up there is happy & nobody ever dies.

Plus, only special & worthy people get to go.

Sounds kinda like the old idea of Heaven to me, just with a veneer of science painted over it.

Of course, if i were to suggest that believing in space travel is a religion, all the space-cadets would come after me with pitchforks; again, kinda like religious fundamentalists come after a heretic.

But that's okay; you'll all go to space eventually & prove me wrong.

Won't you?

Dream on... Daddy!

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2015, 12:15:51 PM »
So, I took a day or so off; plenty of time for one of you to take a quick trip up to orbit then a leisurely splash-down...

Anybody manage that yet?

The thing about space is that in nasa's adverts it looks all lovely & floaty, everybody up there is happy & nobody ever dies.

Tell that to the Challenger astronauts or the cosmonauts on board the Soyuz 11.

Weird that they would want highly qualified people to undertake a highly technical and complicated endeavor.  They should just draw business cards from their local bars prize giveaway.

Sounds kinda like the old idea of Heaven to me, just with a veneer of science painted over it.

Of course, if i were to suggest that believing in space travel is a religion, all the space-cadets would come after me with pitchforks; again, kinda like religious fundamentalists come after a heretic.

No, they would ask you to provide evidence for it being fake and maybe to have a look at the ISS through a telescope.

Won't you?

Dream on... Daddy!

I already have, AMA.
[/quote]

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »

Anybody manage that yet?

Won't you?

Dream on... Daddy!

Nearly dying of carbon dioxide poisoning during Apollo 13, a Russian capsule exploding on reentry, 2 space shuttles exploding while taking off and landing, the Apollo 1 fire, the constant risk of being hit by space debris and micrometeorites, exercising for a few hours a day just to keep your bones from degrading, the Mir space station almost getting destroyed by a Russian Bruan space ship bumping into it after a software failure, Space Shuttle Atlantis almost loosong a wing on reentry, and the rigorous schedules astronauts have to follow to get what they need done.  That just sounds like sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows right?