Yes, curvature can be measured and modeled as proven by Blackpool Photo

• 116 Replies
Re: Yes, curvature can be measured and modeled as proven by Blackpool Photo
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2024, 07:36:03 AM »

Any evidence the passenger jet is in a barrel roll or turn.
Any evidence it isn't?

The full context of my post…

This is simply an extreme example to show your claim is wrong.
It demonstrates that water being calm doesn't mean the plane is in level flight and the water is actually showing level.

What did I claim for the context of this picture.

https://flatearth.ws/bottled-water

“Also. The water bottle and water shows “level”.  So if it’s not sloshing around, the water level is accurate.”

The passenger jet isn’t flying upside down.

Again..

The picture in dispute where your butchering context and basic common sense.

You?  Any evidence it isn't?

Care to use the examples below to show how much error you can prove in the picture above.

https://flatearth.ws/horizon-dip

https://flatearth.ws/flight-instrument

https://flatearth.ws/water-level-horizon

« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 07:39:15 AM by DataOverFlow2022 »

« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2024, 07:41:02 AM »
it most definitely is not equal to earthquakes.
that's a bad attempt to a strawman and a flase equivalency in one.

you have a listening problem.
again
it was understood the intent of your point.

you're a crazy person if every critique makes you this rattled.

« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2024, 08:39:00 AM »
it most definitely is not equal to earthquakes.

you have a listening problem.
again
it was understood the intent of your point.

you're a crazy person if every critique makes you this rattled.

What? Rattled in that I had a mechanic friend that struggled with losing his pilot friend and an aircraft he worked on because the pilot decided to fly upside down in an aircraft not rated to fly upside down resulting in a fatal crash.  And the tragedy and the scrutiny it brought their community.  Hell yes.

In the context of the provided photo.  Where it’s illegal to do a pilot initiated barrel roll for most commercial passenger jets where the rate of turn is limited to usually 360 degrees every 2 minutes where most people understand to do the exercise with the aircraft at altitude on course and not in a turn.

I’m not the one “listening”. 

If you believe the photo is something else than the context provided, then prove how much it is off with the other examples provided.

« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2024, 08:45:04 AM »
Doing barrel rolls isn’t a mark of a “Good pilot.”

Good pilots operate within laws, regulations, the limits and ratings of their aircraft, and land themselves, crews, passengers, and aircraft safely and not damaged. 

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2024, 09:03:56 AM »

Sorry.  Everything I dealt with in life is not only knowing how to measure but when to measure.

Steam plant / making steam.  It’s understood in steady state the mass of water entering the system must equal the mass leaving the boiler.  The goes ins must equal the goes outs.   If you only did a snapshot of the system whiling feeding up the water level for a blow down, you can get the false impression if your stupid the system is consuming mass.  There is more mass of water being feed in than mass leaving for that instance. 

Again.  Most people that are honest understand the context of the water bottle.  Something to do at altitude with the passenger jet lined out, not in a turn. Where most passenger jets are not rated for a barrel roll.

It’s actual petty simple.

JackBlack has taken it out of context and over complicated the context of the picture and provided an example with a manuever hardly anyone flying commercial will encounter where most passenger jets are not rated for a barrel roll, where a pilot initiated barrel is illegal.

Where “barrel rolls” are not even the mark of a “good pilot”….

Are you a good driver because you drive 100 mph in a school zone? 

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2024, 09:24:09 AM »
you got it man
you're absolutely right

except you're dealing with dishonest and irrational people who have barely a grip on reality let alone basic physics...
so giving them opporunity to argue against your point is here, telling you, your point is not as strong as you think it is.
no tthat your point is wrong, in general context, but that there are many opporunity in occurrances.

saying earthquake vs the many many times a plane would do a banked turn is absurd.
and taking out of context that a commercial airliners will be doing barrel rolls vs just a banked turn is equally...hypocritical?
mmmm yes...
good ol' hypocrisy.
you're fucked in the head to get so bent out of shape.

keep on winnig!
you're the winner.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 09:28:37 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2024, 10:12:22 AM »
I would still love to know how a camera can be biased.

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2024, 10:17:14 AM »
haha who said that?

« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2024, 10:34:17 AM »

keep on winnig!

Provided an easy why for a “win” …

This is simply an extreme example to show your claim is wrong.
It demonstrates that water being calm doesn't mean the plane is in level flight and the water is actually showing level.

What did I claim for the context of this picture.

“Also. The water bottle and water shows “level”.  So if it’s not sloshing around, the water level is accurate.”

The passenger jet isn’t flying upside down.

Again..

You?  Any evidence it isn't?

Care to use the examples below to show how much error you can prove in the picture above.

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2024, 10:48:28 AM »
haha who said that?
It was a question I asked of Bulma when he insinuated the Blackpool photographer was 'biased in favor of RE', or something like that.  I'm pretty sure a camera can't read the mind of the photographer, therefore the bias must be with the camera itself.... if bias affected the picture that is... according to Bulma.

« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2024, 01:49:33 PM »
amazing

data thinks i ididn't understand teh context of his waterbottle.

once again, demonstrating his good listening skills.

« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2024, 01:51:33 PM »
haha who said that?
It was a question I asked of Bulma when he insinuated the Blackpool photographer was 'biased in favor of RE', or something like that.  I'm pretty sure a camera can't read the mind of the photographer, therefore the bias must be with the camera itself.... if bias affected the picture that is... according to Bulma.

hahah
bulma thinks circles are part of the conspiracy.
they're tricking us into believing an irrational fraction is a real thing (pi).

JackBlack

« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2024, 02:24:47 PM »
Again.  Context of this picture.
Again, the context you wish to ignore:
So if it’s not sloshing around, the water level is accurate.

You are being just as honest as a flat Earther.
You are ignoring things which show you are wrong, and just spamming the same crap.

Shows no sign of occurring during a “g turn” on a commercial passenger jet
Based upon what?
And if that is the case, why not say that?
Why say that because the water isn't sloshing around the water level is accurate?

The argument is equated to you shouldn’t use a spirit level because earthquakes.
Which is false equivalence.
Earthquakes are not fairly uniform acceleration. Instead they shake back and forth. A key distinction is that water would be sloshing around.

A good pilot knows
To perform a coordinated turn.

Any evidence it isn't?
So that's a "no".

And no, that isn't the full context of your post.

You have entirely ignored what it I responded to.
So now you are just ignoring the past just like dishonest FEers.

The picture in dispute
Not the picture.
Your claim that the water not sloshing around means it is level, where your butchering context and basic common sense.

What? Rattled in that I had a mechanic friend that struggled with losing his pilot friend and an aircraft he worked on because the pilot decided to fly upside down in an aircraft not rated to fly upside down resulting in a fatal crash.  And the tragedy and the scrutiny it brought their community.  Hell yes.
So you are upset that your pilot friend died, which makes you crazily lash out?

How does that in any way justify your behaviour?

Doing barrel rolls isn’t a mark of a “Good pilot.”
And who said it was? NO ONE!
Again, the mark of a good pilot for a commercial airliner is to perform coordinated turns so unless you are looking outside the craft you wouldn't know the plane was turning.

JackBlack has taken it out of context
No, you are doing whatever you can to avoid the context of your false statement that was objected to.

The appropriate response would have been to accept that water not sloshing around doesn't mean it is level, and to suggest that instead of a single snapshot, people look at it for a longer portion of the flight to confirm they aren't turning.

provided an example with a manuever
An extreme example to demonstrate how incorrect your claim was.
To demonstrate that a plane can be upside down, yet the water still remains in the glass as if it was sitting on a table.

Again, the point is that water not sloshing around does not mean the water level is accurate.

\
Provided an easy why for a “win” …
You mean an easy example of your dishonesty?

Notice how in this "full context" you have entirely removed what I responded to, as if I just said it in a complete vacuum?
You even stripped out a large portion of my comment in that quote, including the part where I discussed a coordinated turn.

That is not the full context. That is a portion of the context to present it in a light favourable to you.

Why not try it more honestly?

Or just focus on the statement of yours which is at issue.

« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2024, 04:44:56 PM »
Earthquakes - i think his argument was the frequncy of the event.

Because sometimes a plane turns, the water bottle will not be level.
Because sometimes there are earth quales, a psirit level will not be level.

But yes
It is a false equibalncy.
Becuse planes do banked turns with way more frequncy than earthquakes.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:47:00 PM by Themightykabool »

Again, the context you wish to ignore:

Again..

Care to use the examples below to show how much error you can prove in the picture above.   Of corse not JackBlack.  Your just as bad as flat earthers..

😂😂😂😂😂😂

JackBlack

Again..
Again, the statement in dispute, which you are fleeing from like a dishonest FEer:
This is the statement you made, where your butchering context and basic common sense.

Now stop with the pathetic deflections and try addressing it.

Your just as bad as flat earthers..
I'm not the one continually deflecting from the fact you said pure BS, which was proven to be wrong.

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
It's incredible the lengths people will go to on this non-argument. Never mind looking for curvature just open your eyes to everyday reality. I sometimes wonder what wrong with people. All this pseudo 'thinking for oneself' is total rubbish when in actuality it's all non thinking while ignoring the reality of the everyday world.

In a world where there is a burgeoning space industry where the means to study the heavens is open to everyone when the products of the space industry are in clear sight and their use is an everyday occurrence and yet some people claim taking note and being aware of this reality is akin to having a closed mind. I would say the exact opposite. Pretending that the glaring evidence is not an everyday fact and having to resort to pointless silly arguments is a clear indication of how some people are incapable of thinking or having an open mind.

The immediate space around our planet is full of thousands of satellites many of which are clearly visible if you have an open mind and just look up. We have a number of cameras in space that have sent back images of the cosmos, the solar system planets which astronomers have studied in details and because some close minded idiot claims all this reality is somehow fake other rush to validate their crass close minded ignorance and pretend they have a valid point! Talk about closing your mind to reality.

IN the USA alone 147 Universities offer advanced courses in Astronomy and yet because some close minded uneducated flat earth idiot on this forum claims astronomy is fake some people take them seriously! If flat earthers were indeed open minded would they not wonder why so much time and resources are put into the likes of astronomy and why for many amateurs it's a fascinating hobby.

It really does beggar belief how close minded and idiotic some people can be when there is no mystery or difficulty in engaging with the truth for those with free thinking open minds.

Really…..what a laugh!!!

Again, the statement in dispute,

Me?  Yet you been asked to prove actual “error” for one picture and to what degree against three control pictures.  Something more tangible than your word salad.  And you’re still using word salad? 

😁

JackBlack

Me?
Yes, you.
Still acting like a FEer, fleeing from the statement in dispute at all costs, to pretend you weren't completely wrong.

Yet you been asked to prove actual “error” for one picture
Just like FEers who claim all sorts of crazy shit and then demand others prove them wrong.
Again, it isn't necessarily error, it is uncertainty, and that your statement which you used to try to justify it as correct is pure BS.

Something more tangible than your word salad.  And you’re still using word salad?
You really are getting desperate.
Just what of my comments were unclear?

Yes, you.
Still acting like a FEer, fleeing

How am I feeling?

Again. 

Yet you been asked to prove actual “error” for one picture and to what degree against three control pictures.  Something more tangible than your word salad.  And you’re still using word salad?

I am tired of the stupid people that want to bicker or just right out lie instead of debate.  Or when asked to prove “error” and to what degree, the only relies is just more bitching.

Shrugs. 

Cobfidently assured ignorance.

You got it.

Youre the best.

JackBlack

Yes, you.
Still acting like a FEer, fleeing
How am I feeling?
You are fleeing by yet again ignoring the statement at issue here.

So much so that you even removed it from your post.

I am tired of the stupid people that want to bicker or just right out lie instead of debate.  Or when asked to prove “error” and to what degree, the only relies is just more bitching.
So you are tired of yourself?

Again, here is the statement in issue:
Do you agree that this statement is wrong?
Do you agree that YOU are wrong?

That water not sloshing around does not mean the water level is accurate?
That you can have water not sloshing around still not have the level be accurate?

If so, just admit it and move on.

If not, defend the claim.
And by that I don't mean try to show the water level is accurate, instead show that water not sloshing around makes it level.

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
To answer the question given by the pictures, apparently yes.

Any time a professional allows bias to color their observations, they have failed as a professional.
If I were a doctor, and believed that black skin is somehow different from white skin, and don't perform operations on black people, no matter how good I am at white surgery, aren't I not really doing the "first do no harm" rule? I've neglected certain patients on the color of their skin.

Similarly if a photographer, rather than allowing the facts to lead where they will, tries to make them conform to RE, they fail at being an objective photographer.

So yes, I know your business better than you professional photographer, as I've taken photos too, and they don't involve "adjusting to the curve."

I can make a photo sweep 360 degrees around horizontally, or 180 laterally overhead. In case you missed it, that looks like a dome.

You yourself are sunk by your very own argument.

Your whole belief is not based on any actual facts as all the facts of whatever colour all point to a truth that for sone reason you refuse and are unwilling to see.

You are that person who has a belief that runs counter to all the evidence. Just like the doctor in your example. You are the same.

You are that person who holds on to a belief because that is what you believe and are unwilling to see the reality of the situation.

To hold on to your belief you need to create a whole construct of fiction and lies, again just like your unthinking doctor.

All you have done is described yourself.
Really…..what a laugh!!!

Spirit levels use straight and flat edges over them, nothing of a curved edge. They couldn’t measure for any curve even if there was a curve!

Laser levels use flat and straight lines to measure for level, not any curve if one did exist at all.

Planes measure for level flight in air with equalizing air pressure around them in flight, and fly in flat and straight paths within air, not any curved paths, which would not be flown as level if it curved at all.

Levels have to measure for flat and straight and horizontal lines or paths. That’s why they have straight beams of light and flat edges on them.

You cannot make up a curved beam of light for your curvature fairy tale story!

JackBlack

Spirit levels use straight and flat edges over them
An edge which is "straight" to a precision too poor to be able to measure the curvature of Earth.
But again, that isn't the level part, that is the straight edge part.
The level part simply finds the direction perpendicular to down.

Planes measure for level flight in air with equalizing air pressure around them in flight
Notice how that entirely lacks a straight edge?
There is no basis at all to claim they fly in a straight path.

Level is simply perpendicular to down.

Now care to stop with the pathetic deflections and explain what magic causes the horizon in your fantasy world?

Spirit levels use straight and flat edges over them, nothing of a curved edge. They couldn’t measure for any curve even if there was a curve!

Laser levels use flat and straight lines to measure for level, not any curve if one did exist at all.

Planes measure for level flight in air with equalizing air pressure around them in flight, and fly in flat and straight paths within air, not any curved paths, which would not be flown as level if it curved at all.

Levels have to measure for flat and straight and horizontal lines or paths. That’s why they have straight beams of light and flat edges on them.

You cannot make up a curved beam of light for your curvature fairy tale story!

Whata the angle between straight flat segnements of an 8,000sided polygon?

So you don't understand what 'level' is on the globe.