Lunar Danger! James and Ichi are the only ones?

• 279 Replies
?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
Re: Lunar Danger! James and Ichi are the only ones?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 02:34:40 AM »
Read my moonlight threads. Others (for example Levee) have shown the specific horrors of lunar light on the human body in particular.

There are no specifics given other than James raising blindness as a possibility, however a thorough search of the literature reveals no definite instances of this. Nobody has shown any proof of any direct harmful effects on animals caused directly by exposure to moonlight.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Lorddave

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 04:00:24 AM »
Ew!

The Sun and Moon are very different. Both scenarios will have different effects. Both cases may very well turn out harmful but I cannot say which is more harmful since the effects are so different in nature and affect different body parts.

and what are the different effects exactly?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 05:59:08 AM »
Please do not push your luck with moonlight everyone. Head indoors on nights filled with moonlight.

Pst. We get moonlight during the day as well. How many people have died as a consequence of their ignorance?

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »
I believe in a round disc shaped, but not spherical earth,

and i have spent many many of my years under the moon, (i used to sleep under the stars as a youth all the time)
If anything that had a healing power.

Are you saying I am crazy or somehow immune?

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:51 AM »
...and what are the different effects exactly?

Predicted response:
Danger!  Just...different kinds of danger.

Edit:
Apparently JD buys into it to some extent as well?
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=38615.20

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2010, 12:37:33 PM »
...and what are the different effects exactly?

Predicted response:
Danger!  Just...different kinds of danger.

Edit:
Apparently JD buys into it to some extent as well?
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=38615.20

Everyone with half a brain treats the Moon with the respect and fear which it rightly deserves.

and i have spent many many of my years under the moon, (i used to sleep under the stars as a youth all the time)
If anything that had a healing power.

Are you saying I am crazy or somehow immune?

I believe what you have experienced may have been a placebo effect. Obviously I have no clue as to your medical background (nor do I particularly desire one), but I would ask you to question to yourself whether any peculiarities of ill health you have experienced may not be more related to your Moon exposures than you suspect.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2010, 12:46:20 PM »
Everyone with half a brain treats the Moon with the respect and fear which it rightly deserves.

What has the moon done to earn my respect?

I would ask you to question to yourself whether any peculiarities of ill health you have experienced may not be more related to your Moon exposures than you suspect.

Translation: confirmation bias.  "Health problems?  Blame it on the moon!  Get sick after sleeping outside?  It certainly couldn't have been the cold.  It MUST HAVE been the moon's dangerous wacky radiation that I can't measure or demonstrate in any way."

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2010, 01:03:01 PM »
I'm still curious what you guys do during a new moon--the part of the month when it's out during the day instead of at night.  Do you become nocturnal, or what?  James's best answer was that the dangerous rays from both bodies somehow "cancel each other out" to a certain extent, but since it's obvious that was made-up on the spot, I'd like a logical answer, Ichi.

You have come to the wrong forum if you want logical answers.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 02:51:01 PM »
I'm still curious what you guys do during a new moon--the part of the month when it's out during the day instead of at night.  Do you become nocturnal, or what?  James's best answer was that the dangerous rays from both bodies somehow "cancel each other out" to a certain extent, but since it's obvious that was made-up on the spot, I'd like a logical answer, Ichi.

Are you kidding?  All we have are logical answers!
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Catchpa

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2010, 02:53:17 PM »

Are you kidding?  All we have are logical answers!

... and attack-birds!
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2010, 05:14:14 PM »

Nonsense. If the earth was flat, it would be a hexagon. Not a disc.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

Sliver

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2010, 05:30:44 PM »
Why do you persist in ignoring a multitude of peer-reviewed scientific papers, chock full of data which proves your idiotic point flatly wrong?

Truly, the extent of globularist fanaticism never ceases to amaze me.
Please link at least FIVE DIFFERENT peer reviewed scientific paper that show moonlight to be harmful.  And reports on links between animal bites/moon phases and crime/moon phases do not count.  If you cannot supply them, than I am calling you a liar.

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2010, 05:33:45 PM »
Please link at least FIVE DIFFERENT peer reviewed scientific paper that show moonlight to be harmful.  And reports on links between animal bites/moon phases and crime/moon phases do not count.  If you cannot supply them, than I am calling you a liar.

Hell, I'd take just one or two if they furthered his earlier claim about the moon causing "blindness/death."
That would really fascinate me if it existed.  Sadly, he has yet to show it does.

?

Gigamonsta

• Earth Shape Agnostic (ESA) - QUESTION EVERYTHING
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
Oh dear...let me tell everyone a personal story:
I was out camping for a week and my tent was destroyed! An embarrassing accident occurred and my tent suffered a severe tear! So, you probably guessed it, I had to sleep outside with the only roof above me being the glorious heavens themselves....including the moon....

After a week of this I got home and boy was I feeling funny! oh dear me! I had stomach problems with much diahrea coming out of my rectum....it was like a stomach virus! plus a fever! it was a horrible feeling! Now as a wildlife man I know what i am doing and i have to tell u that i was actually being EXTRA careful! no wild plants or berries was I eating!

Ichi: in your expertise on this matter do you think the moon did this to me? Frankly I have held this suspicion for a while. the diahrea that I had was coming out like niagra falls and the fever...it lasted so long! But I am better now. A year later I went camping again and had proper protection (my tent didn't rip) and guess what? It was very close to where I had previously been...and I didn't get sick! Guys pehaps we shuold be looking more into ichi's theory?

All I know is that I don't want to have what looks to be like melted brownies coming out of rear in such a manner!

Sliver

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2010, 07:27:40 PM »
I was out camping for a week and my tent was destroyed! An embarrassing accident occurred and my tent suffered a severe tear! So, you probably guessed it, I had to sleep outside with the only roof above me being the glorious heavens themselves....including the moon....

After a week of this I got home and boy was I feeling funny! oh dear me! I had stomach problems with much diahrea coming out of my rectum....it was like a stomach virus! plus a fever! it was a horrible feeling! Now as a wildlife man I know what i am doing and i have to tell u that i was actually being EXTRA careful! no wild plants or berries was I eating!

Ichi: in your expertise on this matter do you think the moon did this to me? Frankly I have held this suspicion for a while. the diahrea that I had was coming out like niagra falls and the fever...it lasted so long! But I am better now. A year later I went camping again and had proper protection (my tent didn't rip) and guess what? It was very close to where I had previously been...and I didn't get sick! Guys pehaps we shuold be looking more into ichi's theory?

All I know is that I don't want to have what looks to be like melted brownies coming out of rear in such a manner!
I'm sure there was no way you could have simply picked up a virus.  I'm also positive that there is no possible way that something you ate, even food you brought with you, just disagreed with you.  I've encountered these same symptoms without sleeping out under the moon, by the way.

?

Gigamonsta

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »

I'm sure there was no way you could have simply picked up a virus.  I'm also positive that there is no possible way that something you ate, even food you brought with you, just disagreed with you.  I've encountered these same symptoms without sleeping out under the moon, by the way.

im not so sure. Look this NEVER happened 2 me before! what was going on!

Ok let me try and type as well as possible here: I want Ichi to tell me if he thikns a human being could possibly contract such symptons from the moon?! Im thinking it could have been true! all i know is that with my butt being like a garden hose out of control I am still not convinced what your said is true. i am ultra-careful in the wilderness! i mean that i was eating my own home-prepared food!

Sliver

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »

Ok let me try and type as well as possible here: I want Ichi to tell me if he thikns a human being could possibly contract such symptoms from the moon?! Im thinking it could have been true! all i know is that with my butt being like a garden hose out of control I am still not convinced what your said is true. i am ultra-careful in the wilderness! i mean that i was eating my own home-prepared food!
You picked up a stomach virus.  Congratulations.  There are numerous ways to catch them.  Look them up on WebMD.  The moon didn't do shit, no pun intended.  If the moon was the cause, than every soldier in my platoon from my days in the National Guard would have gotten sick every night we slept outside. 

?

Gigamonsta

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »

Ok let me try and type as well as possible here: I want Ichi to tell me if he thikns a human being could possibly contract such symptoms from the moon?! Im thinking it could have been true! all i know is that with my butt being like a garden hose out of control I am still not convinced what your said is true. i am ultra-careful in the wilderness! i mean that i was eating my own home-prepared food!
You picked up a stomach virus.  Congratulations.  There are numerous ways to catch them.  Look them up on WebMD.  The moon didn't do shit, no pun intended.  If the moon was the cause, than every soldier in my platoon from my days in the National Guard would have gotten sick every night we slept outside. 

ya but i slept outside in a grassy field! there were no clouds every night and one night was a FULL MOON!I sleep on my back by the way! And...it was hot so my short was off and I was wearing shorts! im thinking that wat happened was that this exposure, which my body is not used to , caused the moonlight to have a bad reaction to me! mayb some how u were used to the moonlight and had built up an immunity to it?!

Death-T

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »

ya but i slept outside in a grassy field! there were no clouds every night and one night was a FULL MOON!I sleep on my back by the way! And...it was hot so my short was off and I was wearing shorts! im thinking that wat happened was that this exposure, which my body is not used to , caused the moonlight to have a bad reaction to me! mayb some how u were used to the moonlight and had built up an immunity to it?!

For you to honestly question..... that you have happened upon an effect caused by the moon.... that has not been recorded in any scientific journal of repute or is not included in common knowledge. Or not even be hinted upon by barbaric sources (the people who were outside a lot), when those same sources made up stories to explain why they have sunburn..... it utterly laughable.

I have spent a good many times underneath the stars and the moon. The harmful effect? Loss of sleep. Thats it. And for you to conclude that somehow the moon could be dangerous to you, because a second rate scientist decided that his plants were "harmed" by the moon.... there are no words to describe it. It is simply the FES community at large - the source of constant, and well-deserved, ridicule.

If this seems harsh to you, its because it is intended to be. There are people.... all around the world that are subject to the effects of moonlight - and the only really considered "harmful" effect of this is a pychological one.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

?

Gigamonsta

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2010, 08:39:14 AM »

For you to honestly question..... that you have happened upon an effect caused by the moon.... that has not been recorded in any scientific journal of repute or is not included in common knowledge. Or not even be hinted upon by barbaric sources (the people who were outside a lot), when those same sources made up stories to explain why they have sunburn..... it utterly laughable.

I have spent a good many times underneath the stars and the moon. The harmful effect? Loss of sleep. Thats it. And for you to conclude that somehow the moon could be dangerous to you, because a second rate scientist decided that his plants were "harmed" by the moon.... there are no words to describe it. It is simply the FES community at large - the source of constant, and well-deserved, ridicule.

If this seems harsh to you, its because it is intended to be. There are people.... all around the world that are subject to the effects of moonlight - and the only really considered "harmful" effect of this is a pychological one.

"it utterly laughable"

Look now everyone on this forums been making of my poor grammar.So since they won't listen to what I usually have to say because of it,..well then I cant take tooo seriosly what your saying...

But I was asking ichi if perhaps there is some sort of immunity to moonlight that people bring up. Your post about how many people sleep under the moon is what is laughable. we have to really examine whether or not certain folk can develop an immunity and others cant and if so why?!?! Perhaps a special research institute could be funded in this regard? Ichi u should consider it man!

Also Death-T is putting the cart before the horse! I am NOT a FLAT EARTHER! I almost became one in a conversion thread about why one converts to FET. I said I did but wasn't going the whole way...

I am ESA! Earth shape agnostic. I don't know if the earth is round or flat but some of the FEers here have got good points and I think ive got to take this new point of view seriously and be open-minded and inclusive to all!

Sliver

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2010, 02:13:13 PM »

OK, so you slept in a grassy field under a full moon.  That still does not mean the moon made you sick.  You caught a virus.  These things are everywhere.  You should seriously look up the definition of the word, hypochondriac.  What's more likely is that an insect climbed into your head through your ear and is currently eating your brain.

?

Gigamonsta

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »

OK, so you slept in a grassy field under a full moon.  That still does not mean the moon made you sick.  You caught a virus.  These things are everywhere.  You should seriously look up the definition of the word, hypochondriac.  What's more likely is that an insect climbed into your head through your ear and is currently eating your brain.

yes but what of ichi's research!? the plants appear to have been damaged by the moon! im a little spooked now. after that incident where diahrea was coming out my arse like it was an oil pipe im wondering....

maybe it was the moon! i look forward to ichi and james contributing more research in this field

Sliver

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2010, 02:43:45 PM »
yes but what of ichi's research!? the plants appear to have been damaged by the moon! im a little spooked now. after that incident where diahrea was coming out my arse like it was an oil pipe im wondering....

maybe it was the moon! i look forward to ichi and james contributing more research in this field
Sigh.  I give up.

?

Gigamonsta

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »

Sigh.  I give up.

dont give up...open your mind...

Sliver

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »

Sigh.  I give up.

dont give up...open your mind...
You are the one thinking the ONLY thing that could have made you sick was the moon.  I already told you to look at WebMD to see all the possible causes for the illness you had.  Here, maybe this link will help you.  Look, use that chunk of gray matter inside your skull and ask yourself, "If the moon really caused illnesses like the one you experienced, wouldn't it have been documented by more than just two dude on a FET site?"

Death-T

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2010, 03:23:23 PM »

But I was asking ichi if perhaps there is some sort of immunity to moonlight that people bring up. Your post about how many people sleep under the moon is what is laughable. we have to really examine whether or not certain folk can develop an immunity and others cant and if so why?!?! Perhaps a special research institute could be funded in this regard? Ichi u should consider it man!

Also Death-T is putting the cart before the horse! I am NOT a FLAT EARTHER! I almost became one in a conversion thread about why one converts to FET. I said I did but wasn't going the whole way...

I am ESA! Earth shape agnostic. I don't know if the earth is round or flat but some of the FEers here have got good points and I think ive got to take this new point of view seriously and be open-minded and inclusive to all!

1- The fact is that in prehistory and the times leading up to the medieval period, many people slept outside. These same people relied on the stars to know when to plant and even created extensive stories for constellations. For you to say they wouldn't notice a harmful effect from the moon..... is just plain wrong.

2 - What good points? I haven't seen a single good point for the FET. Not a single one.

- Oh yes, the fact that you think the moon is harmful, because you caught a stomach virus, in the woods non-the-less, is like Chicken Little concluding the sky was falling because he was hit on the head with an acorn. Maybe, just maybe, it was becuase you were not exactly in a clean environment and open to various forms of air-bourne diseases. Hell, even your food could have been easily contaminated without your knowledge.

You don't take a common occurance and instantly jump to the most absurd conclusion.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:49:49 PM by Death-T »

Catchpa

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2010, 03:33:25 PM »
Everytime I go outside during the summer I have an increased amount of trouble breathing and tend to sneeze. This does not happen during the winter, and generally the cold months. This must be directly related to too much sun exposure, because it pretty much always happens when I'm out in the sun.

This is proof that the dangers of the sun light is even greater than reported by many sources.
The conspiracy do train attack-birds

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2010, 03:58:43 PM »
1)We get it,i am sure we have all had dihrea,you don't need to describe its flow.

2)Maybe you overlooked something you ate.As previously stated you might have gotten it another way.
1 or 2 personal incident is not cause for a serious study.

?

Gigamonsta

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2010, 06:11:23 PM »
Everytime I go outside during the summer I have an increased amount of trouble breathing and tend to sneeze. This does not happen during the winter, and generally the cold months. This must be directly related to too much sun exposure, because it pretty much always happens when I'm out in the sun.

This is proof that the dangers of the sun light is even greater than reported by many sources.

Arguements from authority are the weakest arguments in philosopy! lookee here! you have to prsent your own arguements rather than smply say "alotta scientists [who may or may not be working with a conspiracy if it exists] never noticed this, therefore it doesn't exist!"

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »

Arguements from authority are the weakest arguments in philosopy! lookee here! you have to prsent your own arguements rather than smply say "alotta scientists [who may or may not be working with a conspiracy if it exists] never noticed this, therefore it doesn't exist!"
Whats wrong with what he said?Makes sense to me.