Lunar Danger! James and Ichi are the only ones?

• 279 Replies

Lorddave

Lunar Danger! James and Ichi are the only ones?
« on: May 06, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »
So, it seems that James and Ichi seem to be the only ones who feel the moon emits harmful rays.  James more so than ichi so this is mostly about James...

Do you think it's possible that James has some kind of rare hypersensitivity to moonlight which causes him to be injured when he observes the moon?  Kinda like a reverse Vampire?

I ask because it doesn't seem like anyone else has a problem. 
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Lunar Danger! James and Ichi are the only ones?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »
Why do you persist in ignoring a multitude of peer-reviewed scientific papers, chock full of data which proves your idiotic point flatly wrong?

Truly, the extent of globularist fanaticism never ceases to amaze me.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Deceiver

• The grant money made me do it.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:04:51 PM »
So, it seems that James and Ichi seem to be the only ones who feel the moon emits harmful rays.  James more so than ichi so this is mostly about James...

Do you think it's possible that James has some kind of rare hypersensitivity to moonlight which causes him to be injured when he observes the moon?  Kinda like a reverse Vampire?

I ask because it doesn't seem like anyone else has a problem. 

Last I heard the danger to astronomers was right up there with accountants in the risk employment handbook somewhere. Accountants are known to develop nasty carpal tunnel though.

Lorddave

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 04:05:35 PM »
Why do you persist in ignoring a multitude of peer-reviewed scientific papers, chock full of data which proves your idiotic point flatly wrong?

I'm going by my own experience:
Exposure to moonlight for long periods of time have had no effect on me.

And the papers you referenced are two, both saying that animal bites and human violence increase during a full moon.  The cause, however, is still unknown.
Personally I think it's psychological but again, more research is required.  

However the issue is if moonlight causes blindness or skin damage.  I've seen none of these effects.

Oh and BTW:
A dog bite during the full moon isn't the same as moonlight damaging you.

Unless the moon bites you, that is.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 05:12:10 PM »

You use the word "multitude". I asked you months ago to cite any peer reviewed papers which demonstrate evidence of direct harm to individuals proved to be caused (not merely correlated with) moonlight. So far you have cited only papers about animal bites and violence. Neither of these show any evidence of direct harm from moonlight, merely effects correlated to the phase of the Moon with no evidence that the light levels are relevant.
Furthermore, a multitude, by anyone's definition, is more than two.
When you can show more than two peer reviewed papers, which are less than one hundred years old, and which show definite evidence of harm to people or other mammals specifically caused by moonlight (NOT merely a correlation with a phase) then perhaps we might begin taking you seriously.
But to be honest, I don't think that's a challenge you are capable of fulfilling. I don't think those papers exist.
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 05:14:38 PM »

Lets have one of them. I won't ignore it. I'll buy it dinner and a movie.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 05:24:47 PM »

Thakur, C. P., & Sharma, D. (1984) 'Full Moon And Crime'. In British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition). Vol. 289, No. 6460. pp. 1789-1791.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

Deceiver

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »

Thakur, C. P., & Sharma, D. (1984) 'Full Moon And Crime'. In British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition). Vol. 289, No. 6460. pp. 1789-1791.

There's a reason my nephew sneaks into the cookie jar at night. It's dark and he's less likely to get caught. That's not precisely the same thing you're trying to get at, but it shows a strong correlation that has to do with nightly habits.

If you could link an article with direct, traceable evidence of humanly harm then that would be acceptable. For example, you could show that moonlight causes the flu, followed by an explanation as to how it induces such a reaction. If moonlight is as harmful as you say, it should have effects that go beyond the psychological.

So you have to use a paper that shows physical/chemical/biological evidence to explain harmful interactions with the body.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:36:44 PM by Deceiver »

The Question1

• Your logic is inferior to my logic.
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 05:42:23 PM »

I'm going by my own experience:
Exposure to moonlight for long periods of time have had no effect on me.
Neither have the loads of people in times square.
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 05:46:13 PM »

Nope that's an article discussing the link between crime and moon phases.

Where are the multitude of peer reviewed scientific papers showing the harmful effects of the mons rays?

Try again.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »
Please do not push your luck with moonlight everyone. Head indoors on nights filled with moonlight. I am concerned about you lot and don't want anything bad to happen to anyone that frequents these fora.

Best of health to everyone!

~Ichi
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Deceiver

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »
Please do not push your luck with moonlight everyone. Head indoors on nights filled with moonlight. I am concerned about you lot and don't want anything bad to happen to anyone that frequents these fora.

~Ichi

Last I checked your plants grew some cells that made them more wind resistant... So, as a human, perhaps I'll get bulkier?  ;)

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 07:07:01 PM »
Sadly it was very metabolically costly. Those test groups are sadly all dead now  :'(
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

Deceiver

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 07:20:19 PM »
Sadly it was very metabolically costly. Those test groups are sadly all dead now  :'(

Well that's no good. Last thing I want is to become a Hulk-like maniac with a drastically reduced lifespan.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »

~Ichi

Just out of curiosity, how does your plant research apply to humans?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 07:51:56 PM »
Once again - I'm more afraid of a brick that was flung from an airplane hitting me in the face than the "harmful" physical effects of lunar light...... which is just reflected solar light.

So yeah..... this is just another notch on the list of Lolz.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 07:54:19 PM »
Death-T please at least wear protective clothing.

Lorddave

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »

Let me ask you this:

Is the moon more harmful than the sun?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 07:57:20 PM »
Define harmful.

Lorddave

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
Define harmful.

If I spend 8 hours naked and unprotected in the sun and 8 hours naked and unprotected in the full moonlight, which one will do the most damage?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 08:10:18 PM »
Ew!

The Sun and Moon are very different. Both scenarios will have different effects. Both cases may very well turn out harmful but I cannot say which is more harmful since the effects are so different in nature and affect different body parts.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »
Define harmful.

If I spend 8 hours naked and unprotected in the sun and 8 hours naked and unprotected in the full moonlight, which one will do the most damage?

This sounds like a perfect experiment for Ichy to perform himself.  He should do this a few times and post his results, complete with pics.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 08:15:33 PM »

I will go naked. Its America - and I want to watch the moon naked. No matter what the nieghborhood thinks.

Besides, I have spent many a night watching the moon as a joint-hobby with my dad. Guess what was the most harmful effect on my fair-skinned body? Lack of sleep. Nothing more. I have gotten sunburn on several different occasions. I have never..... gotten whatever the hell the "harmful" moonlight is supposed to do.
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 08:40:03 PM »
Define harmful.

Umm...  Don't you already know?  After all, you are the one providing the warnings concerning lunar light.  What dangers are you trying to protect us from?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »
Define harmful.
What dangers are you trying to protect us from?
The dangers of lunar light.

Define harmful.

This sounds like a perfect experiment for Ichy to perform himself.  He should do this a few times and post his results, complete with pics.
I would need people to join me. The more the better [for better data!]

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 08:42:50 PM »
Define harmful.

Sooo, nothing then?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »
Define harmful.
And what might those dangers be?  Pray tell, lives may be at stake.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 08:46:55 PM »
Read my moonlight threads. Others (for example Levee) have shown the specific horrors of lunar light on the human body in particular.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 08:53:13 PM »
Read my moonlight threads.

I'm sorry, but what do your plant experiments have to do with dangers to human physiology?

Others (for example Levee) have shown the specific horrors of lunar light on the human body in particular.

Deliberately search for a Levee post?  :o  You truly are mad, aren't you?

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 09:21:21 PM »
I'm still curious what you guys do during a new moon--the part of the month when it's out during the day instead of at night.  Do you become nocturnal, or what?  James's best answer was that the dangerous rays from both bodies somehow "cancel each other out" to a certain extent, but since it's obvious that was made-up on the spot, I'd like a logical answer, Ichi.