Poll

Tba

Well... he's not Donald Trump.
3 (50%)
He is the one prophesized to free us from the tyranny of wokism.
3 (50%)
Because he gave me $6,000 and a job being a cop after I beat people as a cop in NY.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Why do you support Ron DeSantis?

• 552 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Why do you support Ron DeSantis?
« Reply #540 on: August 18, 2023, 03:30:11 AM »
trump'll never give him VP.

Why?  Trump goes from "I'll nuke you" to "You're the best" with a gant novelty thank you letter.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #541 on: August 18, 2023, 06:23:24 AM »
cant' remebmer which talking head said it

but they were talking about who would be VP.
they said MTG really wants it but more liklye turmp would pick a Noem because she's pretty and wouldn't try to take the spot light from him
they said he picked or was given a mikepence becaues the guy is milk toast

he can't trust desantis after this shit

Lorddave

« Reply #542 on: August 18, 2023, 06:36:09 AM »
cant' remebmer which talking head said it

but they were talking about who would be VP.
they said MTG really wants it but more liklye turmp would pick a Noem because she's pretty and wouldn't try to take the spot light from him
they said he picked or was given a mikepence becaues the guy is milk toast

he can't trust desantis after this shit

He trusts Vladimir Putin.
All Ron needs to do is suck up to Trump and he's fine.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #543 on: August 18, 2023, 07:19:47 AM »
The only thing I am certain of, is that I can't be certain about any US politics! I mean, I went to bed the night Trump was elected thinking we'd wake up to Hillary's victory speeches. lol

Who knows what Trump will do. It is reasonable to think that he wouldn't choose DeSantis, because he already sees DeSantis as disloyal, BUT, Trump never does what is expected the way we expect it.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #544 on: August 18, 2023, 08:17:56 AM »
Trump isn't going to pick someone for VP that is going to threaten his celebrity status.  Someone like Nikki Haley, Chris Christi, or some other prominent yet low profile Republican will likely be his pick.  Someone who will defend him vigorously but won't take away the limelight by trying to elevate their own status, something MTG and DeSantis would definitely do.  Also, the 25th amendment would require the VP and the Cabinet to remove Trump, which won't happen.  What's more likely to happen if Trump wins and is also sentenced to prison, is that we will finally find out whether a president is able to issue a pardon to themselves.  The governor of Georgia will also issue a pardon to Trump if he is convicted on charges there.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

« Reply #545 on: August 18, 2023, 08:36:18 AM »
The only thing I am certain of, is that I can't be certain about any US politics! I mean, I went to bed the night Trump was elected thinking we'd wake up to Hillary's victory speeches. lol

Who knows what Trump will do. It is reasonable to think that he wouldn't choose DeSantis, because he already sees DeSantis as disloyal, BUT, Trump never does what is expected the way we expect it.

we can be sure if trump hires him (because Trump hirs the bestests!), desantis will soon be fired.

"you're fired!"

« Reply #546 on: August 18, 2023, 08:37:34 AM »
Trump isn't going to pick someone for VP that is going to threaten his celebrity status.  Someone like Nikki Haley, Chris Christi, or some other prominent yet low profile Republican will likely be his pick.  Someone who will defend him vigorously but won't take away the limelight by trying to elevate their own status, something MTG and DeSantis would definitely do.  Also, the 25th amendment would require the VP and the Cabinet to remove Trump, which won't happen.  What's more likely to happen if Trump wins and is also sentenced to prison, is that we will finally find out whether a president is able to issue a pardon to themselves.  The governor of Georgia will also issue a pardon to Trump if he is convicted on charges there.

christie?

[HAHAHA he's fed up with trump

he tried to coach trump but trump didn't listen

now christie's going around the newscircuit telling everyone why trump's fuuuuuuucked

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #547 on: August 18, 2023, 10:32:18 AM »

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2023-08-17/could-trump-be-pardoned-in-georgia-good-luck#:~:text=Forecasting%20that%20exact%20scenario%2C%20some,even%20if%20he%20had%20it.

It's not so easy to pardon someone in Georgia it turns out.  The governor doesn't actually have that authority.  He appoints an independent panel that's responsible for that.  Kemp is also not one of these MAGA republicans.

To pardon Trump they would have to change the law, which is possible I guess.  Then somehow pressure Kemp into pardoning him.

Part of me wants to see Trump get his request and push the trial to 2026 but also get his bail revoked for harassing witnesses.  That's probably too much to hope for though.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #548 on: December 01, 2023, 05:27:39 PM »
Hahahahahahahahhahahaha

What a fucking psychopath

https://youtube.com/shorts/gj5li0CHpic?si=WMziGoqT9QMW2ki2

« Reply #549 on: January 21, 2024, 03:41:16 PM »
Aaaaaaahahahhahahahahahhaahhahhahahahhaahhaa

Repub true amd trues cant make a potus whos not some puppet pos.
Rubio
Desantis
Cruz
Hawley
Who else?
What other obviously empty suits?

Lorddave

« Reply #550 on: March 29, 2024, 10:00:07 AM »
Ron... He really doesn't understand what winning means.

https://abovethelaw.com/2024/03/ron-desantis-disney-settlement/

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #551 on: March 29, 2024, 01:41:24 PM »
Florida does not have an "anti-gay people law".
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #552 on: March 29, 2024, 01:45:20 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/disney-florida-ron-desantis-settlement-91040178ad4708939e621dd57bc5e494

Under the terms of Wednesday’s settlement agreement, Disney lets stand a determination by the board of DeSantis appointees that the comprehensive plan approved by the Disney supporters before the takeover is null and void. Disney also agrees that a development agreement and restrictive covenants passed before the takeover are also not valid, according to the settlement terms.

Instead, a comprehensive plan from 2020 will be used with the new board able to make changes to it, and the agreement suggests Disney and the new board will negotiate a new development agreement in the near future.

Disney also agreed to put on hold the appeal of the federal lawsuit pending the negotiations on the development agreement and other matters, and it will drop its two state lawsuits against the district, one of which was a public records complaint.

“It looks to me like both sides called ‘uncle,’” said Richard Foglesong, a Rollins College professor emeritus who wrote a definitive account of Disney World’s governance in his book, “Married to the Mouse: Walt Disney World and Orlando.”

“Disney has an interest in ending this and so does the oversight board,” he added. “So, they both win.”

Disney and DeSantis have both caved. Which is probably how it should be.