Are there images available a the ice-wall?

• 82 Replies
?

round_ass_flat_belly

« on: January 02, 2006, 11:29:46 AM »
Hi,
Cust out of curiousity, I have the following questions:
1) Are there images availalbe of these ice-walls at the south pole?
2) If there are no images, how do you know there is an ice-wall?

greetz
patrick

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 04:11:52 PM »
To my knowledge there are no pictures of the Ice wall.  We know that there is an ice wall due to the fact that the Earth is flat and people claim to have seen it.  It is easy to understand how one could exist. We know that under extreme pressure water becomes a solid. If there were an Ice Wall one could account for its existence due to this factor being present in science.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 04:32:32 PM »
Oh Mongo, there is no pudding for you.

Let's analyze what bullhorn said, shall we?
We know that there is an ice wall due to the fact that the Earth is flat and people claim to have seen it.

Wow...two examples of flawed logic in one statement, impressive.  Bullhorn, you're trying to prove that the earth is flat, and your theory requires there to be an ice wall, therefore you can't explain the ice wall as a product of "it must be there because the earth is flat".  It's like me saying: "my point is valid because I'm right."  My being right i dependant on my point being valid, and my point's being valid depends on my being right.  This is called circular logic, and is not acceptable reasoning.

Next, "people calim to have seen it." I have seen elephants with wings.  Apparantly, I was stoned.  What have we learned from this little anecdote?  That you have no actual proof to verify your hypothesis, so your point isn't valid.

It is easy to understand how one could exist.

Not really, but I'll allow you to continue, in hopes that you explain yourself.

We know that under extreme pressure water becomes a solid.

So you did go to that "univercity" you're always bragging about, good job!

If there were an Ice Wall one could account for its existence due to this factor being present in science.

Hey bullhorn, know what helps you not sound like an idiot? Being able to comunicate.  This actually doesn't mean anything, "this factor [pressure] being present in science".  Yes, pressure is a factor in scientific experiments, but that in no way means there is an ice wall.  This statement is akin to my saying: "There is air, therefore I am God."

Again, bullhorn, think before you type.  Or better yet, just shut the hell up.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 05:50:20 PM »
There seems to be an underling criticism in this forum of my inability to substantiate my proofs to the people who would like them to be substantiated.  I mentioned before that I am working against a curve that doesn’t allow for anything but scientific proofs.  I have attempted on many occasions to state facts, put as I lay down the evidence I am bombarded by people who say that the evidence is not relevant or that its not worthy of consideration.  For example I stated that the flat-earther’s believe that an Ice wall 150 feet tall is at the edge of the world. I have shown how that wall would be able to exist for many many years without failure. Pressure in the ocean would allow for this to happen. You guys might say that I haven’t shown that one even exists. I will say that in a flat earth it is the only thing that can account for the water containment.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 06:17:05 PM »
No bullhorn, this isn't underlying criticism, this is a direct criticism, and all the other posts I've seen have directly attacked your "inability to substantiate my proofs", because frankly that's what logical arguments are all about.

I mentioned before that I am working against a curve that doesn’t allow for anything but scientific proofs.

Actually, we don't want scientific proofs, we want logical proofs, if I can disprove what you say simply by finding the logical holes in it (ie: circular logic) it's wrong, regardless of what "proofs" you were tying to present.

You don't seem to understand that the point of our arguments are to disprove the flat earth theory, to do that, we attack the flaws in your points, if you can't defend the, you're wrong, and you loose the argument.  Simple as that.  That is how an argument works, not your childish "You just don't agree with me because you're unwilling to accept my ideas".  That's flawed cause and effect; I'd be perfectly willing to consider your ideas if you could somehow postulate them in a way that they weren't full holes.

I have attempted on many occasions to state facts, put as I lay down the evidence I am bombarded by people who say that the evidence is not relevant or that its not worthy of consideration.

Maybe because the evidence isn't relevent and it isn't worthy of consideratio because, as I mentioned above, it's full of logical holes.  Try reasoning from first principles, I won't have a problem then.

For example I stated that the flat-earther’s believe that an Ice wall 150 feet tall is at the edge of the world. I have shown how that wall would be able to exist for many many years without failure. Pressure in the ocean would allow for this to happen. You guys might say that I haven’t shown that one even exists.

Bullhorn, maybe if you actually read the posts rather than skimming enough to realize we disagree with you, and then creating your own reasons for why we disagree with you.
Yes, you did show us all of that (except for stating that pressure in the ocean would allow for this, you stated that the fact that pressure is present in science proved your theory), but this ice wall is out of the water, meaning the water couldn't put pressure on it.

You guys might say that I haven’t shown that one even exists

Yeah, that's because you haven't.

I will say that in a flat earth it is the only thing that can account for the water containment.

So if I were to, say, disprove the existance of an ice wall, you'd revoke your beliefs of a flat earth?  Guess what? We have.

The fact that you don't understand the basic tennants of how an argument operated makes me question why you should be allowed to attempt to argue.

Again bullhorn, all you've done is bitch and whine about how you're misunderstood, rather than make any valid points.  My god, you're emo aren't you?!?!  So please bullhorn, make valid points or shut up and go cut yourself in a corner.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 07:44:50 PM »
Then lets talk about the issues

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 08:39:30 PM »
No need to be an asshole, 6strings.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 09:47:08 PM »
6strings isn't being an asshole, he's calling bullhorn out on his bullshit. Sometimes the truth hurts.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »
you want an ice wall? here's your fucking ice wall http://geowww.uibk.ac.at/glacio/RESEARCH/KILI/ice_wall.jpg

anything else non-believers?

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 01:00:38 AM »
If anyone is being an asshole, it's certainly not 6strings. People need to learn not to post total crap.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 01:05:30 AM »
as you can see he completely avoided talking about the subject at all

you asked for an ice wall, PROOF that there is no round earth, well there you have it, a picture of the VERY ice wall that we were refering to all along

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 01:13:31 AM »
Ummm . . . it's a picture alright, and yes, it's off a wall of ice. But the wall of ice? I think not. This wall of ice is supposed to go right the way round the edge of the Earth. We're talking about several thousand miles of it here: I think we'd need to see quite a lot more of it, from several different angles, positions, and so on before we could really start taking you seriously.

After all, on balance of evidence we have many, many pictures of a round Earth, and not one picture of the thousands-of-miles of ice wall you claim exists.

One picture does not, sadly, prove anything at all.

And it's funny how, if one flies perpendicular to the ice wall in a straight direction for quite some number of miles, one ends up, somehow, on the "same" side (i.e. back on the "flat" disk again, rather than the other side). Curious.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 01:18:56 AM »
Quote from: "Mundi"
And it's funny how, if one flies perpendicular to the ice wall in a straight direction for quite some number of miles, one ends up, somehow, on the "same" side (i.e. back on the "flat" disk again, rather than the other side). Curious.

oh really? have you, in your personal experience, ever flow perpendicular to the great ice wall? or are you speaking for other (probably fake) sources

and you want more pictures of the wall? here's one more http://www.cycleogical.com.au/data/portal/00000011/content/97426001091086066914.jpg
obviously you will have no reply to this and just back away, can't fight facts buddy

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 01:23:57 AM »
Quote from: "navak37"
and you want more pictures of the wall? here's one more http://www.cycleogical.com.au/data/portal/00000011/content/97426001091086066914.jpg
obviously you will have no reply to this and just back away, can't fight facts buddy

Umm . . . I have some news for you: it's . . . a . . . mountain. You know: big rock, high up? Cold? Lots of snow and ice and that sort of thing? There are quite a lot of these about, you know. This could be anywhere. And it's still not several thousand feet wide: I think the one you posted is only a couple of hundred. Do try again.

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 01:26:01 AM »
well, something is obvious to me if you have the audacity to not believe the hard evidence that you have been presented with, you're a government spy working against us, i rest my case

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 01:34:17 AM »
well, something is obvious to me if you have the audacity to not believe the hard evidence that you have been presented with, you're a government spy working against us, i rest my case

Oh, weak.

Please, you're not even trying now. "Hard evidence?" A jury would have thrown it out as circumstantial. Come on, buddy! A nice little picture is not hard evidence, as has been stated now dozens and dozens of times around here.

And yes, clearly I must be a government spy: so much so that, after doing the trace on your internet address, cross-referencing that against the government records of postal addresses, and learning your real name, social security number, and so on, you should expect the Feds round at your door any minute now for crimes against the state. I expect an indefinite prison term in a secret location: you're too dangerous to be let out at any time.

Or, if you keep posting we'll just assume that the Feds haven't been round, that you're not in jail, and that I'm not a government spy.

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 01:37:29 AM »
Do you know James Bond? You're not quite as cool as him.

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 01:40:43 AM »
of COURSE you wouldn't go and arrest me now, because if i stopped replying, people would think i WAS arrested, so you're doing a win/win right now, either i stop speaking out to prove my point that you're a spy, and you'll have no opponent for further arguments, OR i continue to speak out and "prove" that you're not a government spy (so that, of course, you'll remain out of suspicion)

believe me, i know about this stuff

and besides, you talk about how my "hard evidence" was not evidence at all, what do YOU have sir? besides all your pretty *cough-photoshopped* pictures that you have, you have no evidence either

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 01:42:26 AM »
James Bond is cool, but isn't real. It would be pretty hard for me to be as cool as James Bond, but I am real: you can expect a call from the men in black sometime soon; I've just sent the details.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 01:46:06 AM »
Quote from: "Mundi"
James Bond is cool, but isn't real. It would be pretty hard for me to be as cool as James Bond, but I am real: you can expect a call from the men in black sometime soon; I've just sent the details.

once again completely changing the subject and not replying to any issues at hand because he KNOWS he is WRONG

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 01:56:37 AM »
once again completely changing the subject and not replying to any issues at hand because he KNOWS he is WRONG
You should really keep track of the posts: I was replying to someone else's.

believe me, i know about this stuff
Gosh, that's convinced me. You say you know it: it must therefore be true.

and besides, you talk about how my "hard evidence" was not evidence at all, what do YOU have sir? besides all your pretty *cough-photoshopped* pictures that you have, you have no evidence either
First: I was correct that your so-called evidence is not evidence at all: it's . . . a . . . mountain! Not a wall.

Second: since it seems futile to actually try and prove this beyond the shadow of a doubt, at least enough for obstinate flat-Earthers to acknowledge, and especially since I'm in the majority opinion, I'm content to let you little flat-Earthers do your best in convincing me otherwise. What is really surprising about this approach is how rubbish the stuff you guys come up with is: you know, it shouldn't be too hard to find something good, but most of the arguments fail because they're either (a) illogical, which turns out not to be too hard to show; (b) based on stuff which isn't even true, or; (c) incorrect in some pretty important factual details.

Let me spell it out for you: I. Don't. Need. To. Show. Much. Evidence. At. All. Almost everyone agrees with me. If you find something incontravertible to show us, then do it. I'll be waiting patiently.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 08:11:05 AM »
novak are you being honestly serious, this is not real evidence. your last post is seriously making me thing ur on here just to pull peoples legs.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 08:15:38 AM »
I think the concept of "hard" evidence is questionable.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 09:00:09 AM »
besides all your pretty *cough-photoshopped* pictures that you have,

What makes you think your pictures are not altered?

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 10:55:09 AM »
Ummm...hypocricy much?  

Major Tom makes an extremely vavlid point: Any picture of a spherical earth is immediately shouted down as altered, so much so that basically all the round earthers have stopped using them.

Now, if we aren't allowed to use our pictures, you aren't allowed to use yours, simple as that; you show me a picture of an ice wall, I show you a picture of a spherical earth, they have just as much validity, so we have two options.

A)Believe the pictures, as both pictures are equally valid, we can't simply ignore one, so both must be true: the earth is a sphere and there is an ice wall, however, this option proves that the earth is a sphere, so you don't want that.
or
B) Neither picture is allowed to be used as proof.

Take your pick, either way the "evidence" you're presenting isn't evidence proving your theory at all and you've wasted everyone's time by posting it.

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 12:10:10 PM »
Quote from: "6strings"

B) Neither picture is allowed to be used as proof.

look at the name of this thread, he asked for a picture, i gave him one

Quote from: "6strings"
Ummm...hypocricy much?

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »
Giving him the picture is fine, but calling it proof is another story.  And that's not an exmple of hypocricy.

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 09:04:25 PM »
if you do a google image search for the term "ice wall" this both images used by novak76 pops up first page of listings. the first image is that of an ice wall near mt. kilimanjaro. http://geowww.uibk.ac.at/glacio/RESEARCH/KILI/

the second image used is
 obviously taken by mountain climbers in tibet or south america. http://www.cycleogical.com.au/asp/index.asp?page=news&sid=11
it has nothing to do with flat earth ideology and why you choose to use these images as evidence of the great magical ice wall is puzzleing to me.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 09:06:30 PM »
busted

?

Dr_Bill

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 10:11:59 PM »