Outage

• 15 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Outage
« on: October 16, 2020, 03:36:40 PM »
Sorry for the outage; I was on vacation and not watching my emails.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Outage
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 03:44:22 PM »
Yay! Glad we're back.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 03:45:37 PM »
Glad that it was just you on vacation.  We were starting to fear the worst.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 03:53:16 PM »
We are back and stronger than ever!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 08:17:54 PM »
What did I miss this time?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 09:57:34 PM »
John, obviously you cannot carry all that responsibility alone. I suggest someone else gets involved in the management of this website to avoid future problems.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 07:39:34 AM »
I do not carry this alone; this was a rare instance where Daniel and myself both missed it. I'm looking into better solutions and we already have a long term plan that will have avoided this.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 07:43:06 AM »
I do not carry this alone; this was a rare instance where Daniel and myself both missed it. I'm looking into better solutions and we already have a long term plan that will have avoided this.

Can Daniel take 5 minutes out of his day to say G'day to us plebs on the forum? You know, for proof of life and all. :)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 01:19:39 PM »

Can Daniel take 5 minutes out of his day to say G'day to us plebs on the forum? You know, for proof of life and all. :)
I doubt he will. He has some pretty strong feelings around the Society lately and doesn't want a lot to do with it at the current time aside from maintaining our collection of books etc. He does want to come back to it at some point though, but he's looking at transferring the domain over to myself as well as the Presidency if I understand correctly. I think this has to do with a few things such as the anti-science climate in the world today, stuff like what's going on in the US, as well as how some groups have taken on the flat earth cause only to use it for bigotry and racism.

That said, I know he values the friendships and people here quite a bit.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 01:32:13 PM »
The domain and your presumed Presidency won't be worth much if we the FE will no longer participate in this game.

There are several decisions you need to make: have space cowgirl, boydster and crouton step aside, and install a new FE admin and a new FE moderator.

Then, perhaps, things will get back to normal (2008-2012 level).

1. jackblack must be relegated to AR

2. the user who issued death threats against us the FE must receive a permban. If you remember, you gave Thork a permban for much less than this

Unless you do these things, John, you won't have a forum anymore.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2020, 02:08:41 PM »
The earth being flat is not a game, and I will not yield to thinly veiled threats. If you can't even defend against one single round earther, I don't know why you'd think you could handle more or why having you here would be a boon to use as a bargaining chip.

You are free to enjoy our forums or to not.

If death threats were made, I'm sure the moderators would respond appropriately and ban the user.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 02:19:38 PM »
Without our participation, you have nothing.

Your actions, your choices, have contributed to the current state of this forum.

What you have now, no more new threads/posts of value, is a direct result of the choices you made personally: you put in place noted RE adherents as admin (space cowgirl) and mods (boydster/crouton).

You are responsible for what is going on here John.

As you might have guessed by now, it takes 30 seconds to defeat that particular user. He then bends the rules, with the full complicity of the admin/mods you installed, and does not receive the proper bans that a FE moderator would issue in a matter of seconds.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 10:41:12 PM by sandokhan »

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 02:21:03 PM »

If death threats were made, I'm sure the moderators would respond appropriately and ban the user.

Nothing was done.

Not even the proverbial slap on the wrist.

The RE admin/mods will not touch their own.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 02:55:13 PM »
The RE admin/mods will not touch their own.
First and foremost, this assertion is absolutely not true. Second, this is not the forum to go on a tirade about how much you hate the moderation so stop.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 09:59:57 PM »
I will now be spending most my time on .net and my personal work and very little here if none.  I may find myself posting only in the believers forum if it picks up my interest.  I have asked Daniel to move me to an appropriate user group and will return one day after a break and I have time to work finish my books and other flat earth projects. 

I just have too much going on flat earth wise and real life wise to spend time moderating or even reading posts here, especially with the state of the forums and the absence of much of the rest of the staff.  In addition, my heart is less and less into it now adays as I find myself more and more bitter by the hoards of trolls, flat earthers and globs alike.  Being constantly accused and battered while in the same breath ordered to help people that would spit on me if they saw me in the street has just sucked the life out of me the last few years here and it gets worse and worse with foolish child trolls testing us just for shits and giggles.  I'm sick of losing sleep over how to steer this ship in the "right" direction.

Concerning personal standards and towards my respect for those here that aren't asshats: I don't like the posting style I've moved to, and I don't see a realistic road back other than a much needed break from forum life and a reallocation of that time back towards my flat earth work.  The reasoning for my posting style change should be obvious from above.

You see, this is exactly how we feel now. How would you like to be forced to debate science with an 80 year old or with an individual who most definitely has psychological problems (both from Australia)? This is what has been going on for the past five years...

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 12:53:20 AM »
Okay.  It took us 15 posts but I believe we have successfully conveyed that the forum was indeed down.

I think we're done here.

Sandokhan, you are always welcome to start another thread wishing death and misfortune upon the humble moderation staff.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget