Carnival sidebarker number two...

• 10 Replies
Carnival sidebarker number two...
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:41:52 AM »
What a gigantic waste of money this has been!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceport_America

"Current tenants of the spaceport include Virgin Galactic while UP Aerospace and Armadillo Aerospace have all operated from the spaceport"

"Virgin Galactic's founder, Sir Richard Branson, had initially suggested that he hoped to see a maiden flight by the end of 2009,[2] but this date has been delayed on a number of occasions, most recently by the October 2014 in-flight loss of SpaceShipTwo VSS Enterprise. Branson stated that Virgin Galactic was “in the best position in the world” to provide rocket-powered, point-to-point 3000 mph air travel on Earth.[3][4][5] In October 2017, Branson suggested that he could travel to space aboard a SpaceShipTwo within six months.[6]" -

Errrr...it is now six months...Bueller,..Bueller...???

"The site's major tenants have experienced problems—or change of plans—in development of their programs and technologies, resulting in spaceport revenue far below projections, and a political controversy about what to do with the expensive government-built spaceport. Spaceport America was officially declared open on October 18, 2011.[4] and the site became fully accessible to the general public in June 24, 2015 with a paid tour known as the Spaceport America Experience."

It does not surprise the American populace would willingly swallow this duplicitous bull shit...

Re: Carnival sidebarker number two...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 12:02:29 PM »

"Current tenants of the spaceport include Virgin Galactic while UP Aerospace and Armadillo Aerospace have all operated from the spaceport"

"Virgin Galactic's founder, Sir Richard Branson, had initially suggested that he hoped to see a maiden flight by the end of 2009,[2] but this date has been delayed on a number of occasions, most recently by the October 2014 in-flight loss of SpaceShipTwo VSS Enterprise. Branson stated that Virgin Galactic was “in the best position in the world” to provide rocket-powered, point-to-point 3000 mph air travel on Earth.[3][4][5] In October 2017, Branson suggested that he could travel to space aboard a SpaceShipTwo within six months.[6]" -

Virgin Galactic is a private company. Private companies being unable to meet arbitrary deadlines is nothing new.

"In October 2017, Branson suggested that he could travel to space aboard a SpaceShipTwo within six months."

I guess they didn't make it, did they? If that's an issue for you, take it up with Sir Richard Branson or some other big shot at Virgin Galactic or the Virgin Group. Since you seem so upset, does that mean you could afford a ticket? Be sure to tell them how disappointed you are that you still can't travel to space with them.

I'll bet there are lots more people still waiting for their Tesla Model 3 cars than there are Virgin Galactic ticket holders.

"The site's major tenants have experienced problems—or change of plans—in development of their programs and technologies, resulting in spaceport revenue far below projections, and a political controversy about what to do with the expensive government-built spaceport. Spaceport America was officially declared open on October 18, 2011.[4] and the site became fully accessible to the general public in June 24, 2015 with a paid tour known as the Spaceport America Experience."

Boo hoo! Business ventures often don't go as expected. Whether the whole thing is a "gigantic waste of money" or not is yet to be determined.

Are you a resident of the US state of New Mexico, or, particularly, Sierra or Doña Ana Counties? They're the ones who risked some money with the hope for a big payout in the form of increased economic activity and prestige. Sometimes that works, other times not. If you are a taxpayer in any of those political entities, let your politicians know that you're sooo angwy!

It does not surprise the American populace would willingly swallow this duplicitous bull shit...

Thank you for sharing your opinion. It will be given all the consideration it's worth.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 02:03:07 PM »

So what?
Is supposed to be evidence that space exploration is faked or have any relevance to the shape of the earth? Pull the other one Mr Totally Lacking!
Now run away and bother someone who cares!

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 07:30:01 PM »
It's as if getting into space and back home again safely is hard. Who woulda thunk it?

Jim Henson. That's who. Those Muppets had NO idea, but he did.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 07:47:46 AM »
'...meanwhile, inside my head, I hear this voice..."I DO NOT CARE! THEREFORE I MUST POST IN A FLAT EARTH FORUM! THE SCHIZOPHRENIA IS OVERWHELMING!"
Thanks Pete!

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 07:54:42 AM »
I guess they didn't make it, did they? If that's an issue for you, take it up with Sir Richard Branson or some other big shot at Virgin Galactic or the Virgin Group.
Nope.

I will make random commentary here as I know it attracts readers, even those claiming not to care, such as you...
Since you seem so upset, does that mean you could afford a ticket? Be sure to tell them how disappointed you are that you still can't travel to space with them.
Fuck, they never are going to go...why do you believe they were ever going to be able to go?

They cannot even bust 3000MPH!!! LMAO!!!
I'll bet there are lots more people still waiting for their Tesla Model 3 cars than there are Virgin Galactic ticket holders.
I bet a couple of em are one and the same...
Boo hoo! Business ventures often don't go as expected. Whether the whole thing is a "gigantic waste of money" or not is yet to be determined.
No...it is wasting money as proven by the books at the close of each fiscal year...
Are you a resident of the US state of New Mexico, or, particularly, Sierra or Doña Ana Counties? They're the ones who risked some money with the hope for a big payout in the form of increased economic activity and prestige. Sometimes that works, other times not. If you are a taxpayer in any of those political entities, let your politicians know that you're sooo angwy!
Political payoffs and campaign donations, even from criminals such as Branson and Musk, still carry more weight becasue of criminal sympathizers such as yourself...
Thank you for sharing your opinion. It will be given all the consideration it's worth.
Enough for you to comment on it...

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 08:58:43 AM »
I guess they didn't make it, did they? If that's an issue for you, take it up with Sir Richard Branson or some other big shot at Virgin Galactic or the Virgin Group.
Nope.

I will make random commentary here as I know it attracts readers, even those claiming not to care, such as you...

I'm not going to argue about your remarks being random. That's very true. The fact that they're almost always wrong in some way or another does create interest.

"In October 2017, Branson suggested that he could travel to space aboard a SpaceShipTwo within six months.[6]" -

Um... six months from October 2017 would be April 2018. It's still early March 2018, so it hasn't been six months since any date in last October yet, Mr. totallackey.

I apologize for overlooking the year 2017 in your OP. I had been thinking back to the loss of SpaceShip Two in October several years ago. That was sloppy reading on my part. Sorry for the mix-up.

Ask again after the deadline if it's missed if you want. The answer will still be the same. "It was an arbitrary deadline. It happens."

Since you seem so upset, does that mean you could afford a ticket? Be sure to tell them how disappointed you are that you still can't travel to space with them.
[expletive deleted], they never are going to go...why do you believe they were ever going to be able to go?

Hey, if you don't think they are ever going to go, don't buy a ticket!

Whether I believe they can or not is of no importance. Although I wish them well, and do hope they succeed, I'm not planning to buy a $quarter million ticket for a short flight anyway. I've got better ways to spend money and that one is a bit risky, even for me. If someone else can afford it and is willing to accept the risk, why should I complain?

No...it is wasting money as proven by the books at the close of each fiscal year...

Do you really believe that enterprise that doesn't make a profit in less than a year (perhaps a lot less) is a lost cause? If so, I hope your day job isn't as an accountant, especially since you don't know how long six months is. Does "long-term investment" mean anything to you?

Political payoffs and campaign donations, even from criminals such as Branson and Musk, still carry more weight becasue of criminal sympathizers such as yourself...

I'll take that as a no, but you want to find something to be vewwy, vewwy angwy about anyway. Did you know that accomplishing things you choose to resent doesn't make someone a criminal?

Enough for you to comment on it...

A brief comment was perhaps overly generous considering its worth, but I try to deliver value.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Macarios

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 10:37:47 AM »
NASA is recently publishing images of UFO. They don't hide it any more.
USA is building Spaceport...

I bet they know something we don't.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 05:18:34 PM »
NASA is recently publishing images of UFO. They don't hide it any more.
USA is building Spaceport...

I bet they know something we don't.

Oh man I'd love to see some of these official photos if they exist.
he puts his penis in the mouth of the other one and FORCIBLY GIVES HER A BLOWJOB OF TRUTH and then his penis ERRUPTS IN AN EXPLOSION IF TRUTH and she is INSTANTLY DECAPITATED

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 08:58:25 AM »
Nope.

I'm not going to argue about your remarks being random. That's very true. The fact that they're almost always wrong in some way or another does create interest.
What keeps you interested is you THINK I am wrong, try to demonstrate it in some form or fashion, get beoytch slapped again, and then like some moth drawn to a flame, keep coming back for more...

Um... six months from October 2017 would be April 2018. It's still early March 2018, so it hasn't been six months since any date in last October yet, Mr. totallackey.

I apologize for overlooking the year 2017 in your OP. I had been thinking back to the loss of SpaceShip Two in October several years ago. That was sloppy reading on my part. Sorry for the mix-up.

Ask again after the deadline if it's missed if you want. The answer will still be the same. "It was an arbitrary deadline. It happens."
Yeah, it will be missed because he is talking out of his ass, just like you are writing from your ass...

Whether I believe they can or not is of no importance. Although I wish them well, and do hope they succeed, I'm not planning to buy a $quarter million ticket for a short flight anyway. I've got better ways to spend money and that one is a bit risky, even for me. If someone else can afford it and is willing to accept the risk, why should I complain?
So why comment on my post at all?

Oh yeah...you are moth-like...
Do you really believe that enterprise that doesn't make a profit in less than a year (perhaps a lot less) is a lost cause? If so, I hope your day job isn't as an accountant, especially since you don't know how long six months is. Does "long-term investment" mean anything to you?
Yep, it sure does does!

In the case of Branson and Musk, long-term investment = lost money...

I'll take that as a no, but you want to find something to be vewwy, vewwy angwy about anyway. Did you know that accomplishing things you choose to resent doesn't make someone a criminal?
Do you know participating in a dog and pony show that you choose to venerate does not give one a free pass on obvious failure?
A brief comment was perhaps overly generous considering its worth, but I try to deliver value.
Yeah, keep trying...

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
Nope.

What keeps you interested is you THINK I am wrong, try to demonstrate it in some form or fashion, get beoytch slapped

See... there's opinion based on no more than wishful thinking stated as fact. So, wrong again!

Yeah, it will be missed because he is talking out of his ass, just like you are writing from your ass...

Sooo... five months is the same as six months? Wrong again!

So why comment on my post at all?

Because of the ridiculous things you say. If you want fewer comments, work on what you can change, like avoiding confusion of opinion and facts.

Yep, it sure does does!

In the case of Branson and Musk, long-term investment = lost money...

Long-term, both have done quite well. Do you think PayPal lost money? Virgin Group seems to be doing all right in the profitability front, too. I'm not sure where you get your information (does "talking out of your ass" sound strangely familiar)?

So, wrong again. That's three times in this post alone (counting both of those last errors as one).

Do you know participating in a dog and pony show that you choose to venerate does not give one a free pass on obvious failure?
Yeah, keep trying...

Always do!